Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,296 members, 7,815,520 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:51 PM

Tinubu Not Mounting Any Pressure On Me Over My Cabinet –sanwo-olu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Not Mounting Any Pressure On Me Over My Cabinet –sanwo-olu (7827 Views)

Buhari: Why I Sacked Nanono, Sale Mamman & Reshuffled My Cabinet / My Cabinet Will Be Based On Merit And National Spread- Buhari / Atiku: I Will NOT Take Six Months Before Naming My Cabinet, If Elected (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu Not Mounting Any Pressure On Me Over My Cabinet –sanwo-olu by hisexcellency34: 6:30am On Apr 19, 2019
Babajide Sanwo-Olu, Lagos State governor-elect on Wednesday described as unfounded, reports that the leadership of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Lagos is already mounting pressures on him on those who will form his cabinet ahead of his inauguration on May 29.

In the last few days, there have been media reports that Sanwo-Olu is in dilemma as the Mandate Movement, the formidable political structure that assisted him to power and the Governor’s Advisory Council (GAC) are locked in horns over the list of Commissioners and Special Advisers in the incoming administration without the input of the governor-elect.

Some party members also alleged that Bola Tinubu, former Lagos state governor and Sanwo-Olu’s benefactor had directed Rauf Aregbesola, the immediate past Osun State governor to compile the list of qualified party members that would make the cabinet of the governor-elect.

It was also alleged that Aregbesola had already penciled down 40 names purely from the Mandate Movement, a decision that did not go down well with the GAC, the party’s highest decision-making organ.

Another source said another cause of worry for Sanwo-Olu is that former commissioners who have served during the administration of former governors Bola Tinubu and Babatunde Fashola are lobbying to get back on board in the coming administration.

It was rumoured that the development is already unsettling Sanwo-Olu, a thoroughbred technocrat as he is uncomfortable with the crisis playing out between the party leaders.
However, speaking in a chat with Daily Independent, Gboyega Akosile, media aide to Sanwo-Olu said his principal is not under any pressure as the talks over the formation of his cabinet are unfounded.

He said Sanwo-Olu and his deputy, Dr. Kadri Obafemi Hamzat are busy day and night with strategists working out the development agenda tagged: Project THEME, which encompasses five pillars of development and will focus on Traffic Management and Transportation, Health and the Environment, Education and Technology, making Lagos a 21st century economy, as well as Entertainment and tourism hub, among others.

According to him “All the rumours are unfounded. It is only natural for people to think that there will be pressures on any governor by party leaders because the governor himself is a product of the people”.

“But I can tell you it is a fallacy. There is no pressure from any quarters. Mr. Babajide Olusola Sanwo-Olu is busy working everyday and night in his office working with his technical and strategy team on how best to effectively break his campaign promises into actionable modules”.

“He alongside his deputy, Dr. Kadri Obafemi Hamzat are working in synergy to ensure that the good people of Lagos get the dividends of democracy as envisioned in their economic blueprint”.

“ They are busy everyday with various young men and women from all strata of life on how best they can actualise the clear vision and thoughts they are set out to achieve which has been encapsulated in Project Theme which includes Traffic management and Transportation, Health and Environment, Education and Technology, Making Lagos a 21st Century Economy, and Entertainment and Tourism.

“We have read a lot in the media that pressures are being mounted on him concerning his cabinet but I can tell you that there is nothing of such. Some people just like to make issues out of nothing” he said.

https://www.independent.ng/im-not-under-any-pressure-over-my-cabinet-sanwo-olu/

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Not Mounting Any Pressure On Me Over My Cabinet –sanwo-olu by haryorbarmie83(m): 6:31am On Apr 19, 2019
When will godfatherism end in this country. Must they help him in choosing who he wants to work with? Dedicate this FTC to all Christian brothers and sisters. Happy good Friday.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Not Mounting Any Pressure On Me Over My Cabinet –sanwo-olu by IjebuWarrior: 6:45am On Apr 19, 2019
NONSENSE! Tell that to the touts, thugs and NURTW fools! angry

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu Not Mounting Any Pressure On Me Over My Cabinet –sanwo-olu by IjebuWarrior: 6:45am On Apr 19, 2019
haryorbarmie83:
When will godfatherism will end in this country. Must they help him in choosing who he wants to work with?

He was also chosen to be a figure head... grin

8 Likes

Re: Tinubu Not Mounting Any Pressure On Me Over My Cabinet –sanwo-olu by Amuocha: 6:46am On Apr 19, 2019
Useless lair grin

See Aregbesola sef embarassed

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Not Mounting Any Pressure On Me Over My Cabinet –sanwo-olu by Pavore9: 6:46am On Apr 19, 2019
If I hear! cheesy cheesy

How can a manager say the CEO has no say? cheesy cheesy cheesy

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Not Mounting Any Pressure On Me Over My Cabinet –sanwo-olu by mrkings84(m): 6:47am On Apr 19, 2019
Na lie. APC people know how to lie much. Even our VP Pastor now lies more than Lai Mohammed

6 Likes

Re: Tinubu Not Mounting Any Pressure On Me Over My Cabinet –sanwo-olu by zico530(m): 6:48am On Apr 19, 2019
Who do you think will believe this lie?

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Not Mounting Any Pressure On Me Over My Cabinet –sanwo-olu by maxibee123(m): 6:48am On Apr 19, 2019
If you have been expecting this news HIT like..

If you are not surprised SHARE

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu Not Mounting Any Pressure On Me Over My Cabinet –sanwo-olu by ednut1(m): 6:50am On Apr 19, 2019
Tinubu approves that list last last. I know an APC leader close to Aregbe who got the nod under fashola. tinubu removed his name. Sanwo olu u got there thru tinubu . U have to do his bidding. Nothing out of the ordinary

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Not Mounting Any Pressure On Me Over My Cabinet –sanwo-olu by Gandollaar(f): 6:50am On Apr 19, 2019
Liar! You yourself was gifted the role of a governor by Tinubu. You have no right whatsoever to do as you wish.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Not Mounting Any Pressure On Me Over My Cabinet –sanwo-olu by israelmao(m): 6:51am On Apr 19, 2019
Even if he does how dare you tell anyone!

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Not Mounting Any Pressure On Me Over My Cabinet –sanwo-olu by hisgrace090: 6:55am On Apr 19, 2019
Agree and loose your seat, Lagos state is in a big mess.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Not Mounting Any Pressure On Me Over My Cabinet –sanwo-olu by LibertyRep: 6:56am On Apr 19, 2019
There's bound to be clashes of interests in sharing of the spoils of 'war'.

SanwoOlu would be wise enough to avoid the travails of his predecessor.

But would he bold enough to say enough at some point? Time will tell.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Not Mounting Any Pressure On Me Over My Cabinet –sanwo-olu by Wiseandtrue(f): 6:57am On Apr 19, 2019
We no want talkle talkle oooooooo

Is too early to start your foundation with propaganda!

Leave Tinubu alone! Face your work!!!

Show us that you know what you are doing!

Fashola do him work well devoid of any ethnic hatred and most people saw it!

You are the governor and not Tinubu so lets feel the impact!!!

A word is enough for the wise!!!

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Not Mounting Any Pressure On Me Over My Cabinet –sanwo-olu by sammyj: 7:03am On Apr 19, 2019
Ok
Re: Tinubu Not Mounting Any Pressure On Me Over My Cabinet –sanwo-olu by jidxin(m): 7:05am On Apr 19, 2019
We ain't stupid na....u wouldn't even come out to say otherwisee

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Not Mounting Any Pressure On Me Over My Cabinet –sanwo-olu by thisnaijaguy: 7:10am On Apr 19, 2019
No need for pressure when he's got your remote control.

He's not coming for you, he's already inside you.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Not Mounting Any Pressure On Me Over My Cabinet –sanwo-olu by shuttox: 7:10am On Apr 19, 2019
Stop lying,my friend
Tinubu has almost 90% of your appointments

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Not Mounting Any Pressure On Me Over My Cabinet –sanwo-olu by whirlwind7(m): 7:10am On Apr 19, 2019
Who believes the puppet? grin

Actually, Tinubu doesn't need to pressure you.
The pressure will begin when you don't make the monthly remittance aka "owo oga" into his account as soon as you get sworn in as governor.

That's when you'll know what pressure means.
If you doubt, ask Ambode for guidance grin

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Not Mounting Any Pressure On Me Over My Cabinet –sanwo-olu by Pharez007(m): 7:14am On Apr 19, 2019
Tinubu decides who gets in the cabinet. This is the plain truth.

Others, including the governor-elect are the ones lobbying and mounting pressure to get a slot or two.

The grip of godfatherism in Lagos is beyond what most of us can fathom.

It is the way it is. This is Lagos... na so the matter be for d now... until further notice.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Not Mounting Any Pressure On Me Over My Cabinet –sanwo-olu by Alejoas(m): 7:14am On Apr 19, 2019
But over the state purse wink I am the right person to talk to as far as powerbank for your laptop, Phones are concerned. See my signature below and recommend. Thanks
Re: Tinubu Not Mounting Any Pressure On Me Over My Cabinet –sanwo-olu by whirlwind7(m): 7:14am On Apr 19, 2019
Wiseandtrue:
We no want talkle talkle oooooooo

Is too early to start your foundation with propaganda!

Leave Tinubu alone! Face your work!!!

Show us that you know what you are doing!

Fashola do him work well devoid of any ethnic hatred and most people saw it!

You are the governor and not Tinubu so lets feel the impact!!!

A word is enough for the wise!!!

For real?
Tinubu is his work. Tinubu is the work he needs to face, or else Ambode shall be his case grin

Everything he does as governor must be aimed at ensuring that Tinubu gets a decent cut of the beef, or cake, or amala or whatever is being shared.
He got to be governor because Tinubu said so! Is that clear enough?

Pls don't bring any misunderstanding between this two prominent sons of Lagos.
Eko oni bajẹ!
Re: Tinubu Not Mounting Any Pressure On Me Over My Cabinet –sanwo-olu by zoedew: 7:20am On Apr 19, 2019
Denying the obvious is needless! It is perfectly normal to have competing interests jostle for placement in the Cabinet of a soon to be inaugurated administration. Best to say that whatever pressure there are will be well managed to ensure the public good is served.
Re: Tinubu Not Mounting Any Pressure On Me Over My Cabinet –sanwo-olu by Peacemaker5129(f): 7:26am On Apr 19, 2019
Indigenous pigs must be involved in this rumours
Re: Tinubu Not Mounting Any Pressure On Me Over My Cabinet –sanwo-olu by Bizibi(m): 7:29am On Apr 19, 2019
If you are not from Lagos abeg leave them alone, Lagos is tinubu,tinubu is lagos.lagosians love godfatherism so leave the leaders and the followers.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Twitter Says Engagement With Government Respectful, Productive / Anchor Borrowers and CBN’s wasteful interventions / Lagos Guber: Gbadebo Files 21 Grounds Of Appeal Against Sanwo-Olu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.