Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,664 members, 7,816,706 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:44 PM

Anyone Who Discards Gay People Doesn’t Have A Human Heart – Pope Francis - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Anyone Who Discards Gay People Doesn’t Have A Human Heart – Pope Francis (23574 Views)

Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married / Pope Francis Kisses And Blesses Nigerian Boy Who Went Missing In Rome. Photos / Rev. Tony Obo Caught With Human Heart & Fetish Items In Calabar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anyone Who Discards Gay People Doesn’t Have A Human Heart – Pope Francis by unclesuruoffi: 2:52pm On Apr 19, 2019
Pope Francis who addressed celebrities who visited him, stated that anyone who discards Gay people doesn’t have a human heart. The Catholic leader whose speech moved British comedian Stephen K. Amos to tears, also urged him and other visiting celebrities to pray for him so he can do his job better.

In today's episode of the BBC2 series Pilgrimage: The Road To Rome, Pope Francis who met with celebrities said that giving more importance to the adjective [gay] rather than the noun [man] is not good, and anyone who discards gay people doesn't have a human heart. 

Stephen told the Pope: “I lost my mother, three months ago I buried my twin sister, who were both very religious. So me coming on this pilgrimage, being non-religious, I was looking for answers and faith. But as a gay man, I don’t feel accepted.”

Francis replied carefully: “Giving more importance to the adjective [gay] rather than the noun [man], this is not good. We are all human beings and have dignity. It does not matter who you are, or how you live your life – you do not lose your dignity.There are people that prefer to select or discard people because of the adjective. These people don’t have a human heart. For those of you who are believers, pray for me. For those of you who do not believe, could you wish me a good journey, so I do not let anyone down.”

https://unclesuru.com/2019/04/19/anyone-who-discards-gay-people-doesnt-have-a-human-heart-pope-francis/

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anyone Who Discards Gay People Doesn’t Have A Human Heart – Pope Francis by TANID(m): 3:25pm On Apr 19, 2019
What Do You Mean

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anyone Who Discards Gay People Doesn’t Have A Human Heart – Pope Francis by alBHAGDADI: 3:33pm On Apr 19, 2019
So says the biggest false prophet alive.

70 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anyone Who Discards Gay People Doesn’t Have A Human Heart – Pope Francis by ainas247: 3:42pm On Apr 19, 2019
I am not understanding

What do do say............

Rank your business fast on Google
start getting real traffic

1 Like

Re: Anyone Who Discards Gay People Doesn’t Have A Human Heart – Pope Francis by Nairalandmentor(m): 3:43pm On Apr 19, 2019
cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anyone Who Discards Gay People Doesn’t Have A Human Heart – Pope Francis by anonymous1759(m): 3:43pm On Apr 19, 2019
... Religion is bastardize hmmmmm, there's a big difference between condemning and telling someone to repent. No man has the right to condemn anyone. But it's your responsibility to correct them. As a religious leader. Being Gay is out rightly wrong no justification. Thank God i don't look up to the Pope. If the Pope can say being Gay is wrong many people will change because he's the most influential man on earth . Pope barely speak of Repentance he's indirectly encouraging Sin. I'm not Holy but it's better to know you're on a wrong path, than justifying your sin that's the height.

79 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Anyone Who Discards Gay People Doesn’t Have A Human Heart – Pope Francis by millionboi2: 3:43pm On Apr 19, 2019
Sin is sin

7 Likes

Re: Anyone Who Discards Gay People Doesn’t Have A Human Heart – Pope Francis by Emilokoiyawon: 3:44pm On Apr 19, 2019
The pope is very correct.

Btw if God does not like gays then why did he create them? shocked

OCHKESTINE:
Ur question lack logic. U should also ask "If God didn't like Satan, why did He create him?". The essence of being Human is having freewill. They were not born gay. Their minds got twisted and they made a choice.
How do you know they were not born gay? Do you have any evidence to back up your claim? Are you are just talking through your yansh-hole?

OCHKESTINE:
Same way I know no one was born an Armed robbery or Murderer..... it's a choice. I'm sure u're aware of John Locke's "Tabularasa" concept.No one was born with a personality, as u grow up pick up habits and behaviors that form the foundation of who u later become between 3-14 years. Afterwards,everything u learn is understood from the mind that has already been set in between those years. Whoever was presented to u by ur mind as a role model is who u'll strive to be. Humans become what they see. Note: judging by the way u abuse quickly, I guess still not matured. Research what u don't understand. Stop supporting ignorance because it appeals to u.
Your analogy with armed robbery or murder is incorrect. For an armed robbery or murder to take place, someone must violated the right to life or right to property of another person with force! When two adult men or two adult women engage in homosexual relationship, nobody is forcing the other person to do what they do not want to do.If we follow your reasoning, then straight people like us are not born straight but 'picked up' our straightness within your 3-14 year window. Since 'humans become what they see' then we became straight because we only saw straight people. Therefore, God did not create either straight or gay - its all learned behavior. So where is your right to condemn gay behavior?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anyone Who Discards Gay People Doesn’t Have A Human Heart – Pope Francis by Jamesonbrown(m): 3:44pm On Apr 19, 2019
Hmm
Re: Anyone Who Discards Gay People Doesn’t Have A Human Heart – Pope Francis by faithfull18(f): 3:44pm On Apr 19, 2019
Hmmn, prophecies being fulfilled, the end is near.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anyone Who Discards Gay People Doesn’t Have A Human Heart – Pope Francis by KubwaBoy: 3:44pm On Apr 19, 2019
K
Re: Anyone Who Discards Gay People Doesn’t Have A Human Heart – Pope Francis by Iamkuttie(m): 3:44pm On Apr 19, 2019
In as much as i despise the term "Gay" i agree with his Holiness 100%...

They're human like us, I myself see the "Term Been attracted to Same sex" as a Mental Issue...
Instead of casting them away, why not send them to Rehab and pray for them??

bigcasava1:
am suspecting u!

Am suspecting myself too bro,

I suggest u should find a way and get your sister into my room, she might help clear our doubt. Who knows... smiley smiley

61 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Anyone Who Discards Gay People Doesn’t Have A Human Heart – Pope Francis by Giddymoney(m): 3:44pm On Apr 19, 2019
Tired of Christianity, don't know what to believe anymore

8 Likes

Re: Anyone Who Discards Gay People Doesn’t Have A Human Heart – Pope Francis by Rickyuzzy(f): 3:44pm On Apr 19, 2019
Yall missing the Pope's point. After all the labels and whatever way people identify. The basic thing we all share is our Humanity. And every one should be treated in that regard. Human rights for EVERYONE should be respected. You have no right to physically, emotionally, assault or abuse anyone. When all this labels are removed, Humanity is all we share. In terms of the validity of gay being accepted or not. I will like to look at things from an objective view because I am not bound by ancient views neither am I bound by myopic views, the beauty of education is to have an open mind in "Hard-nut matters". Right now... Religion (Christianity & Islam) condemns it but religion is free will. And so not everyone is bound by it. Some countries have legalised it, others decriminalised it. It is still very subjective depending on the perspective being looked at. Right now scientific research is still inconclusive on if it is genetic. So there is no Validation or Invalidation. So here is my advice. Respect the laws that guide the country you are in. If you feel the law is suppressive. Then we have the judiciary. Challenge the law. If not, respect the law or go to a country that accepts your way of identification. In a matured civil society, the law is what guides and finally protects or condemns you not the Bible or Quran.

I won't be the one to judge anyone cus unless I am in your shoes, I won't know how it hurts. There are so many arguments on Sexuality.... But no agreement yet. For now, All Humans should be respected and treated equally. Human rights is all I stand for. Don't dehumanise anyone because you are not the giver of life. Cus you don't also wanna be dehumanised for your own choices in life. Finally respect people's decisions as far as its 'CONCENSUAL'. If someone says he is gay... Do not feel you have the monopoly of knowledge of it being right or wrong, make your thorough research... Try to understand where the person is coming from, before you make conclusions. If we are rigid, we will lead people to sham marraiges where there is no love just betrayal, kids to suicide and we will end up creating more problems without solving anything. UNDERSTANDING, RESPECT and HUMAN DIGNITY should be the core of our relations with everyone.

PS: I know someone classless will call me gay. I am a married woman with three kids. But when I was a teen(UNILAG). My friend took his life cus of his sexuality. So to an extent. I can relate with the pain of being an outlier. Reason why i take time to.understand people's choices.

63 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Anyone Who Discards Gay People Doesn’t Have A Human Heart – Pope Francis by Ishilove: 3:44pm On Apr 19, 2019
Politically correct Pope.

Mscheeeeeeeew

19 Likes

Re: Anyone Who Discards Gay People Doesn’t Have A Human Heart – Pope Francis by Muscomide: 3:44pm On Apr 19, 2019
“Giving more importance to the adjective [gay] rather than the noun [man], this is not good. We are all human beings and have dignity. It does not matter who you are, or how you live your life – you do not lose your dignity.There are people that prefer to select or discard people because of the adjective."

Wow, this is deep from the Pope. Any gay bashers out there who don't stop to reflect on this is a lost cause. Focus on the the man, not who he chooses to share his bed with.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anyone Who Discards Gay People Doesn’t Have A Human Heart – Pope Francis by willi926(m): 3:44pm On Apr 19, 2019
pope y na, hw some men derive joy in chukin their follow men still surprise me. abi na dem no get human heart ni.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Who Discards Gay People Doesn’t Have A Human Heart – Pope Francis by Nobody: 3:45pm On Apr 19, 2019
Religion has done more harm than good.

3 Likes

Re: Anyone Who Discards Gay People Doesn’t Have A Human Heart – Pope Francis by kelvinnaira: 3:45pm On Apr 19, 2019
The truth is, religion has eaten deep into the minds of believers.. Let the prostitutes, gay, lex etc all come to church and experience God for themselves... IT IS HIS (GODS) DUTY TO CHANGE AND TRANSFORM.. Discrimination is just mans way of trying to look holy..

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anyone Who Discards Gay People Doesn’t Have A Human Heart – Pope Francis by Kennitrust(m): 3:45pm On Apr 19, 2019
This is disgusting. This man must be in support or perhaps one of them. lipsrsealed

9 Likes

Re: Anyone Who Discards Gay People Doesn’t Have A Human Heart – Pope Francis by obembet(f): 3:45pm On Apr 19, 2019
I don't believe this news. Pope can't just say this nonsense.

Let me believe that its fake news from hungry bloggers. Not u oop
Re: Anyone Who Discards Gay People Doesn’t Have A Human Heart – Pope Francis by HigherEd: 3:45pm On Apr 19, 2019
He is right. Reject homosexuality not the homosexual.

20 Likes

Re: Anyone Who Discards Gay People Doesn’t Have A Human Heart – Pope Francis by doublewisdom: 3:45pm On Apr 19, 2019
The Pope is right.

6 Likes

Re: Anyone Who Discards Gay People Doesn’t Have A Human Heart – Pope Francis by mmadu5(m): 3:45pm On Apr 19, 2019
this pope is going insane . GAY POPE

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anyone Who Discards Gay People Doesn’t Have A Human Heart – Pope Francis by willi926(m): 3:45pm On Apr 19, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

So says the biggest false prophet alive.

u sure say all is well.

4 Likes

Re: Anyone Who Discards Gay People Doesn’t Have A Human Heart – Pope Francis by MisterGrace: 3:45pm On Apr 19, 2019
grin This pope is loosing it already.

10 Likes

Re: Anyone Who Discards Gay People Doesn’t Have A Human Heart – Pope Francis by Nobody: 3:45pm On Apr 19, 2019
The big difference between the church in the third world and the European church...

Reliance on scripture..

In the next 50 years, most of the church is going to face the issue of division...over scripture vs tradition.

6 Likes

Re: Anyone Who Discards Gay People Doesn’t Have A Human Heart – Pope Francis by femtex007(m): 3:45pm On Apr 19, 2019
Hmmmm I hear new thing
Re: Anyone Who Discards Gay People Doesn’t Have A Human Heart – Pope Francis by magicminister: 3:46pm On Apr 19, 2019
I used to be extremely Harley towards gay but as I matured spiritually, I began to understand that God gave us the mandate to love everyone as he loves the church. Same bible also asked us not to judge.

I am still not a fan of homosexuals but no one is perfect and i Can’t judge.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anyone Who Discards Gay People Doesn’t Have A Human Heart – Pope Francis by Akpacha(m): 3:46pm On Apr 19, 2019
Francis a political pope, forced on the Catholic by the establishment

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Biodun Fatoyinbo Aka "Robust Reply" Visits Ibadan By Deji Yesufu / Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian / Funeral Arrangements Of Late Archbishop Humphrey Bamisebi Olumakaiye (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.