Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,117 members, 7,835,759 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:33 PM

Fuel Will Continue To Sell For N145 Per Litre-NNPC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Will Continue To Sell For N145 Per Litre-NNPC (6242 Views)

Nigerians Should Buy Petrol At ₦256 Per Litre – NNPC Boss, Kyari / We May Start Selling Petrol Above N145 –IPMAN / Under-recovery: Fuel Subsidy Drops To N20 Per Litre — NNPC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fuel Will Continue To Sell For N145 Per Litre-NNPC by ProsperChild: 5:43am On Apr 20, 2019
Fuel will continue to sell for N145 per litre –NNPC
punchng.com Apr 18, 2019 3:25 AM

Group Managing Director of the NNPC, Dr. Maikanti Baru
Everest Amaefule, Abuja

Despite increased landing cost of petroleum products, Premium Motor Spirit will continue to sell at N145 per litre, the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation has said.

In a telephone interview with our correspondent in Abuja on Wednesday, NNPC Group General Manager, Public Affairs, Mr Ndu Ughamadu, said that the corporation would continue to bear the cost of under-recovery of petrol through other sources.

Ughamadu said, “The Federal Government has made it clear; petrol will continue to sell at N145 per litre. NNPC is not operating subsidy. What we have done is under-recovery of which we make up from other sources.

“Yes, the under-recovery will continue. The corporation plays many roles in the country. We are an importer of the last resort where others refuse to import.

“We equally operate in a social regime to make sure that the system gets wet with products because if the corporation is not doing that as part of its responsibilities, you can imagine what the system will look like.”

Meanwhile, the NNPC on Wednesday denied that it had spent $22bn on the Brass LNG project.

In a statement made available to our correspondent in Abuja, Ughamadu said that the corporation had spent $1.2bn on the project.

Ughamadu said that the corporation made the clarification at the House of Representatives Ad-hoc Committee investigating the expenditure.

The statement quoted the General Manager, New LNG Venture of the NNPC, Ahmed Dikko, as telling the committee that the $1.2bn was about the total money spent so far by the various shareholders to get the project to its current stage.

Dikko said, “This sum included the cost of acquiring project land, which covers approximately 606 hectares, cost of early works contract, Front End Engineering Design, Pre-FEED Concept Evaluation Study, Project Environmental Impact Assessment comprising both onshore and offshore studies, dredging, EIA activities and ambient noise survey, displacement and settlement action plan, cultural site heritage study, staff and administration project cost from inception, and sustainable development cost, among others.”

https://punchng.com/fuel-will-continue-to-sell-for-n145-per-litre-nnpc/amp/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fuel Will Continue To Sell For N145 Per Litre-NNPC by 3rdavefarms(m): 5:44am On Apr 20, 2019
Yes
Re: Fuel Will Continue To Sell For N145 Per Litre-NNPC by Redoil: 6:11am On Apr 20, 2019
Clowns

3 Likes

Re: Fuel Will Continue To Sell For N145 Per Litre-NNPC by Teewhy2: 6:31am On Apr 20, 2019
NNPC is not operating subsidy. What we have done is under-recovery of which we make up from other sources.

Subsidy is subsidy, no two names to call it.
If buhari is corruption free as been sold to Nigeria, Let us stop this scam called subsidy at once so that we can know the actual cost of petrol and let us know where the money meant for subsidy will be spent on other sectors.
The roads are bad, the health sector is worse, education let's not go there.
Another scam in this country is the money spent on feeding school children, you are giving children food but they don't have chairs to sit in class, not enough teachers to teach them, a class will have about 100 children, How do you expect the teachers to teach and mentor them effectively. What about books?
Buhari might be corruption free but can that be said of his team. I just hope he can get a better team in this second tenure.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Will Continue To Sell For N145 Per Litre-NNPC by sukerefakere(m): 6:32am On Apr 20, 2019
Time bomb waiting to explode

5 Likes

Re: Fuel Will Continue To Sell For N145 Per Litre-NNPC by genius43(m): 6:34am On Apr 20, 2019
Another masked subsidy, other sources indeed

8 Likes

Re: Fuel Will Continue To Sell For N145 Per Litre-NNPC by great664(m): 6:35am On Apr 20, 2019
Government of Testing Testing to see what the society will say first.

4 Likes

Re: Fuel Will Continue To Sell For N145 Per Litre-NNPC by Bheewhy(m): 6:36am On Apr 20, 2019
So you guys can continue to feed fat on the scam called subsidy.

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Will Continue To Sell For N145 Per Litre-NNPC by potosky: 6:39am On Apr 20, 2019
Last time I bought fuel from nnpc fueling station I regret going there because they cheat me, I told the pump guy that their pump setting is not good but he told me with a straight face that am lying.............nnpc is a thief

1 Like

Re: Fuel Will Continue To Sell For N145 Per Litre-NNPC by lonelydora: 6:42am On Apr 20, 2019
I heard in some parts of Port Harcourt, they are selling 155/litre. This is man's inhumanity to man.

Well for me, i am still buying 143 and 145 per litre.
Re: Fuel Will Continue To Sell For N145 Per Litre-NNPC by Elemosho478: 6:44am On Apr 20, 2019
potosky:
Last time I bought fuel from nnpc fueling station I regret going there because they cheat me, I told the pump guy that their pump setting is not good but he told me with a straight face that am lying.............nnpc is a thief

Re: Fuel Will Continue To Sell For N145 Per Litre-NNPC by Nobody: 6:52am On Apr 20, 2019
Fellow Nigerians,Brace yaself up for another fuel increase,na their way........

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Will Continue To Sell For N145 Per Litre-NNPC by OfficialSam(m): 6:53am On Apr 20, 2019
potosky:

You sabi lie i swear grin

1 Like

Re: Fuel Will Continue To Sell For N145 Per Litre-NNPC by chigoziri2403(m): 7:02am On Apr 20, 2019
I buy fuel @150 naira here in owerri,
nnpc is being economical with the truth

3 Likes

Re: Fuel Will Continue To Sell For N145 Per Litre-NNPC by bluntjudge: 7:07am On Apr 20, 2019
Fuel price in some part of anambra state is N155

3 Likes

Re: Fuel Will Continue To Sell For N145 Per Litre-NNPC by Hotzone(m): 7:08am On Apr 20, 2019
I bought N150 yesterday
Re: Fuel Will Continue To Sell For N145 Per Litre-NNPC by Hotzone(m): 7:08am On Apr 20, 2019
I bought N150 yesterday

1 Like

Re: Fuel Will Continue To Sell For N145 Per Litre-NNPC by Hotzone(m): 7:18am On Apr 20, 2019
Nothing nuuuuu
Buhari, u take our cow � and give us satchet cowbell milk..sai bubuu!
Re: Fuel Will Continue To Sell For N145 Per Litre-NNPC by demoBaba: 7:21am On Apr 20, 2019
Those that are selling above 145 are enemy of Nigeria progress.
Re: Fuel Will Continue To Sell For N145 Per Litre-NNPC by Nobody: 7:31am On Apr 20, 2019
The subsidy HAS to go

1 Like

Re: Fuel Will Continue To Sell For N145 Per Litre-NNPC by GoodGodmykeeper(m): 7:35am On Apr 20, 2019
Gud
Re: Fuel Will Continue To Sell For N145 Per Litre-NNPC by Wiseandtrue(f): 7:39am On Apr 20, 2019
So how much do you want to sell before

All this Buhari's administration knows is to bring untold hardship on Nigerians

Even at N145, some filling stations with conscience sells for N143 to tell you how senseless this increment is undecided

Here they are dangling another increment in our faces

Wicked people!!!

I use to like Ibe Kachikwu but as it is, he has joined the corruption team!!!
Re: Fuel Will Continue To Sell For N145 Per Litre-NNPC by Nobody: 7:44am On Apr 20, 2019
Teewhy2:

Subsidy is subsidy, no two names to call it.
If buhari is corruption free as been sold to Nigeria, Let us stop this scam called subsidy at once so that we can know the actual cost of petrol and let us know where the money meant for subsidy will be spent on other sectors.
The roads are bad, the health sector is worse, education let's not go there.
Another scam in this country is the money spent on feeding school children, you are giving children food but they don't have chairs to sit in class, not enough teachers to teach them, a class will have about 100 children, How do you expect the teachers to teach and mentor them effectively. What about books?
Buhari might be corruption free but can that be said of his team. I just hope he can get a better team in this second tenure.

Since we import most fuel into the country,(90%) and since landing cost of fuel is N180....the price would jump up to N200 and above

That is politically expensive, and that is why no government in Nigeria would remove subsidy, despite it being so corruption ridden. Nigerians may complain about the corruption in the subsidy regime, but since it means prices are kept low....they would rather allow subsidy to be maintained.

As for the other sectors...

1.Roads are bad...but the solution...putting toll gates and using the revenue generated to fund repairs ....politically expensive.

2.Education? In the 1970's and 80's...government took over many private schools, including mission schools, and built new ones. Now the chickens have come home to roost...too many schools all being run on a budget less than one trillion naira yearly (to show you how bad it is...universities alone need at least N1.5 trillion in EXTRA funding yearly according to the terms of the ASUU FG 2009 agreement).

Fees and the tax rate have to go up to supplement funding...but again not popular. Feeding programmes are good...and are visible, and relatively easy to fund.
Re: Fuel Will Continue To Sell For N145 Per Litre-NNPC by ibietela2(m): 7:57am On Apr 20, 2019
Under recovery o, subsidy o, up recovery o they are all the same thing which is SUBSIDY that Mr integrity said doesn't exist, it's a fraud, etc..

One of the biggest LIE in our history is Mr. Integrity.

From never taking part in the coup, to being a poor man (yet his kids all studied and based abroad) and many more

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Will Continue To Sell For N145 Per Litre-NNPC by matify83: 8:03am On Apr 20, 2019
Policy summersault, procrastinating and failure to live up to promises are innate qualities of this regime .

You have lost our trust.

Expecting the worst already especially with the signing into law of the minimum wage bill.

If you believe them, OYO is your case
Re: Fuel Will Continue To Sell For N145 Per Litre-NNPC by Nobody: 8:05am On Apr 20, 2019
tactius:

Since we import most fuel into the country,(90%) and since landing cost of fuel is N180....the price would jump up to N200 and above

That is politically expensive, and that is why no government in Nigeria would remove subsidy, despite it being so corruption ridden. Nigerians may complain about the corruption in the subsidy regime, but since it means prices are kept low....they would rather allow subsidy to be maintained.

As for the other sectors...

1.Roads are bad...but the solution...putting toll gates and using the revenue generated to fund repairs ....politically expensive.

2.Education? In the 1970's and 80's...government took over many private schools, including mission schools, and built new ones. Now the chickens have come home to roost...too many schools all being run on a budget less than one trillion naira yearly (to show you how bad it is...universities alone need at least N1.5 trillion in EXTRA funding yearly according to the terms of the ASUU FG 2009 agreement).

Fees and the tax rate have to go up to supplement funding...but again not popular. Feeding programmes are good...and are visible, and relatively easy to fund.

The bolded is scam from the onset

1 Like

Re: Fuel Will Continue To Sell For N145 Per Litre-NNPC by Bizibi(m): 8:10am On Apr 20, 2019
You guys will increase it,don't try to deceive yourselves.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

FG Reacts As The US Impose Visa Ban On Nigerian Politicians / Further Evidence To Acquit 21 Year Old Chidinma - In The UK She Will Win / Kaduna Burning Now!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.