Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,626 members, 7,813,055 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:54 AM

Lady Denied Admission By Covenant Graduates With First Class In UK - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Lady Denied Admission By Covenant Graduates With First Class In UK (34341 Views)

Lagos Indian School Where Nigerians Are Denied Admission / See The Stadium Built By Covenant University (pics, Video) / Firdaouz Yusuff-Awari Denied Admission By University Of Ilorin After Scoring 300 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lady Denied Admission By Covenant Graduates With First Class In UK by grandiose4ever: 9:44am On Apr 20, 2019
Lady denied admission by Covenant university graduates from the university of wales with a first class.
As shared by her mum...

4 Likes

Re: Lady Denied Admission By Covenant Graduates With First Class In UK by HigherEd: 10:00am On Apr 20, 2019
I have learnt long ago never to be discouraged by a denial. We humans are largely myopic, we cry over delays and denials but God sees the entire picture.

The Google brothers once attempted to sell Google to Yahoo at $1 million. But when they got to present at Yahoo they left disappointed as Yahoo mgt was not interested. Today Google has outpaced yahoo. Some even say Google has kicked Yahoo into oblivion.

When Stanford jnr died, his father wanted to honour him with a memorial building at Harvard university but he was denied. That drove him to establish the Leeland Stanford Junior University AKA Stanford University founded on entrepreneurship education.
(Disclaimer: there's a lot of controversy on this story.)

Today Stanford, though hundreds of years younger is of equal prestige as Harvard. It's alumni community is wealthier than many nations of the earth and the second highest producer of billionaires in the world. Second only to Harvard. It's not an Ivy league but has surpassed most ivy leagues - Yale, Cornell, Princeton etc.

I know people who were tormented after relationship breakups. Today, they cringe at the thought that they could have ended up with those persons.

While I refuse to say Covenant was a lesser door, studying in the UK is definitely an higher door.

People should always learn to accept denials in hope of something better. If you did your best and were denied then something better is coming!

354 Likes 43 Shares

Re: Lady Denied Admission By Covenant Graduates With First Class In UK by amaniro: 10:14am On Apr 20, 2019
Delay is not denial even if I know you tried shading covenant university.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Denied Admission By Covenant Graduates With First Class In UK by IdreamOfUnicorn(f): 10:17am On Apr 20, 2019
HigherEd:
I have learnt long ago never to be discouraged by a denial. We humans are largely myopic, we cry over delays and denials but God sees the entire picture.

The Google brothers once attempted to sell Google to Yahoo at $1 million. But when they got to Yahoo they left disappointed as Yahoo mgt was not interested. Today Google has outpaced yahoo totally and is kicking yahoo into oblivion gradually.

I know people who were tormented after relationship breakups. Today, they cringe at the thought that they could have ended up with those persons...

People should always learn to accept denials in hope of something better. If you did your best and were denied then something better is coming.

right

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Denied Admission By Covenant Graduates With First Class In UK by xyz123456: 11:56am On Apr 20, 2019
All this UK school, na naija money dey wan chop....

17 Likes

Re: Lady Denied Admission By Covenant Graduates With First Class In UK by anochuko01(m): 12:22pm On Apr 20, 2019
And so

Lets just say CU has higher standards, abi?

13 Likes

Re: Lady Denied Admission By Covenant Graduates With First Class In UK by power50: 12:43pm On Apr 20, 2019
All I can say is that, you can still make it in Nigerian universities. Majority of Nigerian lectures did not study in UK or America.

Find all Nigerian university on https://naijaschools.com.ng/
Re: Lady Denied Admission By Covenant Graduates With First Class In UK by RTSC: 1:09pm On Apr 20, 2019
And so? If na America now, I for agree with her sentiment small.

Anybody can get a First Class in the UK including many students currently enrolled at covenant.

If ini umotong can get a first-class in economics while playing professional football, anybody can get it.

So madam, your daughter is not special. She is just not what covenant needed at that point in time.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lady Denied Admission By Covenant Graduates With First Class In UK by RTSC: 1:12pm On Apr 20, 2019
xyz123456:
All this UK school, na naija money dey wan chop....
I dey tell you.
They are looking for tuition fees while they pour out the First Class degrees.

4 Likes

Re: Lady Denied Admission By Covenant Graduates With First Class In UK by GavelSlam: 2:12pm On Apr 20, 2019
RTSC:

Anybody can get a First Class in the UK including many students currently enrolled at covenant.

If ini umotong can get a first-class in economics while playing professional football, anybody can get it.

So madam, your daughter is not special. She is just not what covenant needed at that point in time.

You don't want to get a first?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Denied Admission By Covenant Graduates With First Class In UK by ednut1(m): 2:12pm On Apr 20, 2019
So
Re: Lady Denied Admission By Covenant Graduates With First Class In UK by Nobody: 2:13pm On Apr 20, 2019
RTSC:

What a bad belly! Pls did you graduate with a first class? Some of you haven't even seen the 4 walls of a university yet you try to downgrade someone's achievement. angry

Being able to graduate at all is no beans, especially if you didn't attend a school where you can do copy and paste... First class is never a cheap thing, hence the term first class! It takes so much consistency and the error range is so slim. Even in a plane, you pay triple the amount to be in first class, talk less of graduating with first class at a university.

78 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Lady Denied Admission By Covenant Graduates With First Class In UK by RTSC: 2:13pm On Apr 20, 2019
GavelSlam:

You don't want to get a first?
I already have a First from Nigeria.
Re: Lady Denied Admission By Covenant Graduates With First Class In UK by StarUp: 2:15pm On Apr 20, 2019
If you get first class finish come still dey do "yes sir/ma" for third class graduate for one mushroom company, wetin you gain?

First class without "class" first, is a mirage.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Denied Admission By Covenant Graduates With First Class In UK by GavelSlam: 2:15pm On Apr 20, 2019
RTSC:

I already have a First from Nigeria.

Of course.

1 Like

Re: Lady Denied Admission By Covenant Graduates With First Class In UK by Henafov: 2:16pm On Apr 20, 2019
[

Re: Lady Denied Admission By Covenant Graduates With First Class In UK by AngelicBeing: 2:16pm On Apr 20, 2019
HigherEd:

The Google brothers once attempted to sell Google to Yahoo at $1 million. But when they got to present at. Yahoo they left disappointed as Yahoo mgt was not interested. Today Google has outpaced yahoo. Some even say Google has kicked Yahoo into oblivion.

When Stanford jnr died, his father wanted to honour him with a memorial at Harvard university but he was denied. That drove him to establish the Leeland Stanford Junior University AKA Stanford University. Today Stanford, though hundreds of years younger is of equal prestige as Harvard.
Disclaimer: there's a lot of controversy on this story.

I know people who were tormented after relationship breakups. Today, they cringe at the thought that they could have ended up with those persons.

While I refuse to say Covenant was a lesser door, studying in the UK is definitely an higher door.

People should always learn to accept denials in hope of something better. If you did your best and were denied then something better is coming!

l agree with your points cool

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Denied Admission By Covenant Graduates With First Class In UK by Decolonel(m): 2:18pm On Apr 20, 2019
This is what we call determination with perseverance and hard work. Nice one

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lady Denied Admission By Covenant Graduates With First Class In UK by AreaFada2: 2:19pm On Apr 20, 2019
At least in UK we can be sure the lady did not get her first class for sleeping with Nigerian lecturers.

People forget the extra motivation to succeed people have when you leave all family and friends behind to go succeed in another country.

Your mentality has to change as you are on your own. You either buckle up or fall behind. Nobody to help you in any way. Unless you have earned the right to govt assistance over time.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lady Denied Admission By Covenant Graduates With First Class In UK by potent5(m): 2:19pm On Apr 20, 2019
Just like I was denied by one Uni like that in the south south.

2 years later, I got admitted to the best University in Nigeria to study my dream course.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Denied Admission By Covenant Graduates With First Class In UK by chukwuibuipob: 2:20pm On Apr 20, 2019
down is NOT OUT

1 Like

Re: Lady Denied Admission By Covenant Graduates With First Class In UK by Proffdada: 2:20pm On Apr 20, 2019
lovely story
Lots of people in Nigeria who are denied education are actually geniuses.

4 Likes

Re: Lady Denied Admission By Covenant Graduates With First Class In UK by RTSC: 2:20pm On Apr 20, 2019
GavelSlam:

Of course.
This is not the First time I have said so on nairaland, but I understand your scepticism.
Re: Lady Denied Admission By Covenant Graduates With First Class In UK by Nobody: 2:20pm On Apr 20, 2019
Lesson: That you failed doesn't mean you are a failure. Move on!

Covenant University on hearing this news...

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lady Denied Admission By Covenant Graduates With First Class In UK by Fitz22(f): 2:22pm On Apr 20, 2019
So?, meaning?
Re: Lady Denied Admission By Covenant Graduates With First Class In UK by Nairalandmentor(m): 2:23pm On Apr 20, 2019
shocked
Re: Lady Denied Admission By Covenant Graduates With First Class In UK by RTSC: 2:23pm On Apr 20, 2019
AreaFada2:
At least in UK we can be sure the lady did not get her first class for sleeping with Nigerian lecturers.

People forget the extra motivation to succeed people have when you leave all family and friends behind to go succeed in another country.

Your mentality has to change as you are on your own. You either buckle up or fall behind. Nobody to help you in any way. Unless you have earned the right to govt assistance over time.
No accredited university in Nigeria will give you a First Class for sleeping with lecturers.

It is earned through tears, sweat and blood.

16 Likes

Re: Lady Denied Admission By Covenant Graduates With First Class In UK by Nobody: 2:23pm On Apr 20, 2019
UK wey dey dash 1st class like pure water grin

1 Like

Re: Lady Denied Admission By Covenant Graduates With First Class In UK by GRACEGLORY: 2:24pm On Apr 20, 2019
grandiose4ever:
Lady denied admission by Covenant university graduates from the university of wales with a first class.
As shared by her mum...

So
Na today we they grad from abroad. Come back to tell us about it by the time you begin to impact your generation. Going to schools is one thing, graduating is another, impacting humanity is koko

1 Like

Re: Lady Denied Admission By Covenant Graduates With First Class In UK by GavelSlam: 2:24pm On Apr 20, 2019
RTSC:

This is not the First time I have said so on nairaland, but I understand your scepticism.

What did you study?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lecturer Asked Student To Dance To Earn 10 Marks. Photo And Video / I Divorced, Remarried During My Programme - Dr. Ige Aminat Olawunmi. / 2012/2013;lautech Admissions Status

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.