Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,001 members, 7,835,385 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:29 AM

Lady Denied Admission By Covenant Graduates With First Class In UK - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Lady Denied Admission By Covenant Graduates With First Class In UK (34393 Views)

Lagos Indian School Where Nigerians Are Denied Admission / See The Stadium Built By Covenant University (pics, Video) / Firdaouz Yusuff-Awari Denied Admission By University Of Ilorin After Scoring 300 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Denied Admission By Covenant Graduates With First Class In UK by Nobody: 2:27pm On Apr 20, 2019
HigherEd:
I have learnt long ago never to be discouraged by a denial. We humans are largely myopic, we cry over delays and denials but God sees the entire picture.

The Google brothers once attempted to sell Google to Yahoo at $1 million. But when they got to present at. Yahoo they left disappointed as Yahoo mgt was not interested. Today Google has outpaced yahoo. Some even say Google has kicked Yahoo into oblivion.

When Stanford jnr died, his father wanted to honour him with a memorial at Harvard university but he was denied. That drove him to establish the Leeland Stanford Junior University AKA Stanford University. Today Stanford, though hundreds of years younger is of equal prestige as Harvard.
Disclaimer: there's a lot of controversy on this story.

I know people who were tormented after relationship breakups. Today, they cringe at the thought that they could have ended up with those persons.

While I refuse to say Covenant was a lesser door, studying in the UK is definitely an higher door.

People should always learn to accept denials in hope of something better. If you did your best and were denied then something better is coming!

We need to talk

1 Like

Re: Lady Denied Admission By Covenant Graduates With First Class In UK by RTSC: 2:27pm On Apr 20, 2019
GavelSlam:

What did you study?
you wan give me work? cheesy

I be chemical engineer o.

1 Like

Re: Lady Denied Admission By Covenant Graduates With First Class In UK by GavelSlam: 2:28pm On Apr 20, 2019
RTSC:

you wan give me work? cheesy

I be chemical engineer o.

Little wonder.

3 Likes

Re: Lady Denied Admission By Covenant Graduates With First Class In UK by RTSC: 2:29pm On Apr 20, 2019
germanized:

What a bad belly! Pls did you graduate with a first class? Some of you haven't even seen the 4 walls of a university yet you try to downgrade someone's achievement. angry

Being able to graduate at all is no beans, especially if you didn't attend a school where you can do copy and paste... First class is never a cheap thing, hence the term first class! It takes so much consistency and the error range is so slim. Even in a plane, you pay triple the amount to be in first class, talk less of graduating with first class at a university.
I didn't say it was a cheap thing.
I called out the woman for trying to cheapen Nigerian education.
But it is okay, since you misunderstood me.

Clap for yourself.
Re: Lady Denied Admission By Covenant Graduates With First Class In UK by RTSC: 2:30pm On Apr 20, 2019
GavelSlam:

Little wonder.
And now I am lost.
Re: Lady Denied Admission By Covenant Graduates With First Class In UK by poseidon12: 2:31pm On Apr 20, 2019
HigherEd:
I have learnt long ago never to be discouraged by a denial. We humans are largely myopic, we cry over delays and denials but God sees the entire picture.

The Google brothers once attempted to sell Google to Yahoo at $1 million. But when they got to present at. Yahoo they left disappointed as Yahoo mgt was not interested. Today Google has outpaced yahoo. Some even say Google has kicked Yahoo into oblivion.

When Stanford jnr died, his father wanted to honour him with a memorial at Harvard university but he was denied. That drove him to establish the Leeland Stanford Junior University AKA Stanford University. Today Stanford, though hundreds of years younger is of equal prestige as Harvard.
Disclaimer: there's a lot of controversy on this story.

I know people who were tormented after relationship breakups. Today, they cringe at the thought that they could have ended up with those persons.

While I refuse to say Covenant was a lesser door, studying in the UK is definitely an higher door.

People should always learn to accept denials in hope of something better. If you did your best and were denied then something better is coming!

Well said.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Denied Admission By Covenant Graduates With First Class In UK by GavelSlam: 2:32pm On Apr 20, 2019
RTSC:

And now I am lost.

Most chemical engineers I know made a First.

Appears it's commonplace.
Re: Lady Denied Admission By Covenant Graduates With First Class In UK by RTSC: 2:37pm On Apr 20, 2019
GavelSlam:

Most chemical engineers I know made a First.

Appears it's commonplace.
lol.
The ones you know may be skewing the statistics somewhat.

My set had 4 first-class to over 50 students. And that was the best set in more than a decade.

It is mostly one or two in an average of 50-70 students in every class set.

And I am sure it won't be so different in most schools.

1 Like

Re: Lady Denied Admission By Covenant Graduates With First Class In UK by poseidon12: 2:38pm On Apr 20, 2019
anochuko01:
And so

Lets just say CU has higher standards, abi?

Yeah right. Higher standards my foot. The thing is that most Nigerians and Nigerian institutions are generally very closed minded. They rarely look at the big picture. That is why we usually end up with square pegs in round holes.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Denied Admission By Covenant Graduates With First Class In UK by GavelSlam: 2:39pm On Apr 20, 2019
RTSC:

lol.
The ones you know may be skewing the statistics somewhat.

My set had 4 first-class to over 50 students. And that was the best set in more than a decade.

It is mostly one or two in an average of 50-70 students in every class set.

And I am sure it won't be so different in most schools.

Thanks for the stats.

Now apply the same principle to any course in the UK.

1 Like

Re: Lady Denied Admission By Covenant Graduates With First Class In UK by subcbouy: 2:39pm On Apr 20, 2019
Because you had first class you should be given admission for any poo? You did not meet their requirement, simple.
Re: Lady Denied Admission By Covenant Graduates With First Class In UK by poseidon12: 2:41pm On Apr 20, 2019
RTSC:
And so? If na America now, I for agree with her sentiment small.

Anybody can get a First Class in the UK including many students currently enrolled at covenant.

If ini umotong can get a first-class in economics while playing professional football, anybody can get it.

So madam, your daughter is not special. She is just not what covenant needed at that point in time.

Typical Nigerian mindset. A First Class is very difficult to get from any decent University, whether it is Nigeria or abroad.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Denied Admission By Covenant Graduates With First Class In UK by RTSC: 2:42pm On Apr 20, 2019
GavelSlam:

Thanks for the stats.

Now apply the same principle to any course in the UK.
The UK has much better odds. You can't deny that.

It's not a bad thing though. I can't pay all that money and not come out with a decent result with minimal stress.

1 Like

Re: Lady Denied Admission By Covenant Graduates With First Class In UK by poseidon12: 2:44pm On Apr 20, 2019
germanized:

What a bad belly! Pls did you graduate with a first class? Some of you haven't even seen the 4 walls of a university yet you try to downgrade someone's achievement. angry

Being able to graduate at all is no beans, especially if you didn't attend a school where you can do copy and paste... First class is never a cheap thing, hence the term first class! It takes so much consistency and the error range is so slim. Even in a plane, you pay triple the amount to be in first class, talk less of graduating with first class at a university.

I very much doubt that the guy has been through a University.
Re: Lady Denied Admission By Covenant Graduates With First Class In UK by GavelSlam: 2:45pm On Apr 20, 2019
RTSC:

The UK has much better odds. You can't deny that.

It's not a bad thing though. I can't pay all that money and not come out with a decent result with minimal stress.

Better odds or better facilities?

A First is not as you've made it out to be.

Your First would be comparable with theirs.

1 Like

Re: Lady Denied Admission By Covenant Graduates With First Class In UK by RTSC: 2:46pm On Apr 20, 2019
poseidon12:

Typical Nigerian mindset. A First Class is very difficult to get from any decent University, whether it is Nigeria or abroad.
First Class is not easy. It requires above average dedication.

The difficulty in getting it differs in different parts of the world.

Is it a good or bad thing? That is a different argument entirely.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Denied Admission By Covenant Graduates With First Class In UK by poseidon12: 2:48pm On Apr 20, 2019
RTSC:

I already have a First from Nigeria.

Big fat lie, obviously. Someone who is able to get a First Class will definitely acknowledge that it was tough. You must have denied yourself a lot to be able to make it. I very much doubt that RTSC has been through a University or even tried the JAMB.

1 Like

Re: Lady Denied Admission By Covenant Graduates With First Class In UK by Born2Breed(f): 2:50pm On Apr 20, 2019
HigherEd:

The Google brothers once attempted to sell Google to Yahoo at $1 million. But when they got to present at Yahoo they left disappointed as Yahoo mgt was not interested. Today Google has outpaced yahoo. Some even say Google has kicked Yahoo into oblivion.

When Stanford jnr died, his father wanted to honour him with a memorial building at Harvard university but he was denied. That drove him to establish the Leeland Stanford Junior University AKA Stanford University founded on entrepreneurship education.
(Disclaimer: there's a lot of controversy on this story.)

Today Stanford, though hundreds of years younger is of equal prestige as Harvard. It's alumni community is wealthier than many nations of the earth and the second highest producer of billionaires in the world. Second only to Harvard.

See as everything you write make sense. Is your name Mr.Wisdom?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Denied Admission By Covenant Graduates With First Class In UK by Nobody: 2:51pm On Apr 20, 2019
AreaFada2:
At least in UK we can be sure the lady did not get her first class for sleeping with Nigerian lecturers.

People forget the extra motivation to succeed people have when you leave all family and friends behind to go succeed in another country.

Your mentality has to change as you are on your own. You either buckle up or fall behind. Nobody to help you in any way. Unless you have earned the right to govt assistance over time.
Who does that? Which useless lecturer will dash you first class by sleeping with him?
Re: Lady Denied Admission By Covenant Graduates With First Class In UK by poseidon12: 2:51pm On Apr 20, 2019
StarUp:
If you get first class finish come still dey do "yes sir/ma" for third class graduate for one mushroom company, wetin you gain?

First class without "class" first, is a mirage.

One of my typical Nigerians here. So we should all strive for Third Class then, right?

1 Like

Re: Lady Denied Admission By Covenant Graduates With First Class In UK by Jaqenhghar: 2:52pm On Apr 20, 2019
amaniro:
Delay is not denial even if I know you tried shading covenant university.
Whar is shade. Is it not true? Did covenant not reject her? Or she shouldnt say what happened
Re: Lady Denied Admission By Covenant Graduates With First Class In UK by RTSC: 2:52pm On Apr 20, 2019
GavelSlam:

Better odds or better facilities?

A First is not as you've made it out to be.

Your First would be comparable with theirs.
I think the reason why they have better odds is generally the behaviour of the human factor there.
Their lecturing staffs and management.

They have nothing to prove. They do not want to drain you of every ounce of energy for every mark you get, unlike what obtains in Nigeria

Not matter how advanced the facilities, if the lecturers are as hardened as the ones we have in Nigeria, there is nothing you can do.

1 Like

Re: Lady Denied Admission By Covenant Graduates With First Class In UK by anochuko01(m): 2:53pm On Apr 20, 2019
poseidon12:

Yeah right. Higher standards my foot. The thing is that most Nigerians and Nigerian institutions are generally very closed minded. They rarely look at the big picture. That is why we usually end up with square pegs in round holes.
i was being sacarstic oga.
nothing wey no fit happen. no school fit take in all applicants. its worse in public schools...
Re: Lady Denied Admission By Covenant Graduates With First Class In UK by StarUp: 2:53pm On Apr 20, 2019
poseidon12:

One of my typical Nigerians here. So we should all strive for Third Class then, right?

It is evident that you either do not understand English or you have comprehension problem. Did you read my last line?
Re: Lady Denied Admission By Covenant Graduates With First Class In UK by amaniro: 2:53pm On Apr 20, 2019
Jaqenhghar:

Whar is shade. Is it not true? Did covenant not reject her? Or she shouldnt say what happened

That's still shading you know. Adding the university name was unnecessary. I wish her good luck but.. heyy what's the fuss about?
Re: Lady Denied Admission By Covenant Graduates With First Class In UK by RTSC: 2:55pm On Apr 20, 2019
poseidon12:

Big fat lie, obviously. Someone who is able to get a First Class will definitely acknowledge that it was tough. You must have denied yourself a lot to be able to make it. I very much doubt that RTSC has been through a University or even tried the JAMB.
A First Class in Nigeria is tough, much tougher even. That is the point I am making.
Comprehend before quoting me.

1 Like

Re: Lady Denied Admission By Covenant Graduates With First Class In UK by Jaqenhghar: 2:57pm On Apr 20, 2019
amaniro:

That's still shading you know. Adding the university name was unnecessary. I wish her good luck but.. heyy what's the fuss about?
Its you making the fuss. Is covenant the only uni to reject people who have gone on to make something of themselves? Its not shade its something that happened irrespective of how you feel about it.
Re: Lady Denied Admission By Covenant Graduates With First Class In UK by alert01(m): 2:58pm On Apr 20, 2019
HigherEd:

The Google brothers once attempted to sell Google to Yahoo at $1 million. But when they got to present at Yahoo they left disappointed as Yahoo mgt was not interested. Today Google has outpaced yahoo. Some even say Google has kicked Yahoo into oblivion.

When Stanford jnr died, his father wanted to honour him with a memorial building at Harvard university but he was denied. That drove him to establish the Leeland Stanford Junior University AKA Stanford University founded on entrepreneurship education.

Today Stanford, though hundreds of years younger is of equal prestige as Harvard. It's alumni community is wealthier than many nations of the earth and the second highest producer of billionaires in the world. Second only to Harvard.

THis guy ehn...You;re too good, i swear, You're on one of the best mind here

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Denied Admission By Covenant Graduates With First Class In UK by Predstan: 3:00pm On Apr 20, 2019
HigherEd:

You may not know but you just inspired someone. Thanks for this

3 Likes

Re: Lady Denied Admission By Covenant Graduates With First Class In UK by alert01(m): 3:03pm On Apr 20, 2019
RTSC:

No accredited university in Nigeria will give you a First Class for sleeping with lecturers.

It is earned through tears, sweat and blood.

Correct at bolded. You cant have a first class by sleeping with lecturers, People should get their facts right. That is why they call it first class. The max I can give you as a lecturer after sleeping with you is a pass in my course, 40

1 Like

Re: Lady Denied Admission By Covenant Graduates With First Class In UK by Nobody: 3:08pm On Apr 20, 2019
RTSC:

I didn't say it was a cheap thing.
I called out the woman for trying to cheapen Nigerian education.
But it is okay, since you misunderstood me.

Clap for yourself.

Pls, admit u were wrong for talking down another person's hard work. Don't be like that bro. One love!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Federal Poly Nasarawa 2012/2013 Admission / I Divorced, Remarried During My Programme - Dr. Ige Aminat Olawunmi. / Lagos Poly Students Jump Through The Fence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.