Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,998 members, 7,835,357 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:10 AM

Lady Denied Admission By Covenant Graduates With First Class In UK - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Lady Denied Admission By Covenant Graduates With First Class In UK (34391 Views)

Lagos Indian School Where Nigerians Are Denied Admission / See The Stadium Built By Covenant University (pics, Video) / Firdaouz Yusuff-Awari Denied Admission By University Of Ilorin After Scoring 300 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Denied Admission By Covenant Graduates With First Class In UK by poseidon12: 3:16pm On Apr 20, 2019
CruellaDeVil:
UK wey dey dash 1st class like pure water grin

Really? Have they 'dashed' you yet?
Re: Lady Denied Admission By Covenant Graduates With First Class In UK by amaniro: 3:16pm On Apr 20, 2019
Jaqenhghar:

Its you making the fuss. Is covenant the only uni to reject people who have gone on to make something of themselves? Its not shade its something that happened irrespective of how you feel about it.
Irrespective of how you feel about it also that's my opinion. What's the fuss? I've been rejected many times also but I don't go to cry on social media. Getting first class in a UK university na just name.

1 Like

Re: Lady Denied Admission By Covenant Graduates With First Class In UK by OGHENAOGIE(m): 3:22pm On Apr 20, 2019
RTSC:

No accredited university in Nigeria will give you a First Class for sleeping with lecturers.

It is earned through tears, sweat and blood.

nice reply how can pple say ist class by sleeping... ist class or getting good grades is not magic...an intelligent or good student who fails to put in much effort ll get an average grades while an average student can get a high grade with a detailed effort...dee is nothing special dee
Re: Lady Denied Admission By Covenant Graduates With First Class In UK by olamy7(m): 3:26pm On Apr 20, 2019
power50:
All I can say is that, you can still make it in Nigerian universities. Majority of Nigerian lectures did not study in UK or America.

Find all Nigerian university on https://naijaschools.com.ng/
just look at what u just typed and read the post again...does it make any sense to you ?
Re: Lady Denied Admission By Covenant Graduates With First Class In UK by Originalsly: 3:28pm On Apr 20, 2019
Why would someone with a first class in the UK want to attend Covenant in Nigeria?....money is definitely not a reason. And why would Covenant not admit her?.....it must be she has issues....serious issues beyond Covenant.
Re: Lady Denied Admission By Covenant Graduates With First Class In UK by olamy7(m): 3:29pm On Apr 20, 2019
CruellaDeVil:
UK wey dey dash 1st class like pure water grin
and where is the one dey dash u ?
Re: Lady Denied Admission By Covenant Graduates With First Class In UK by UNBELIEVABLE: 3:30pm On Apr 20, 2019
germanized:

What a bad belly! Pls did you graduate with a first class? Some of you haven't even seen the 4 walls of a university yet you try to downgrade someone's achievement. angry

Being able to graduate at all is no beans, especially if you didn't attend a school where you can do copy and paste... First class is never a cheap thing, hence the term first class! It takes so much consistency and the error range is so slim. Even in a plane, you pay triple the amount to be in first class, talk less of graduating with first class at a university.

The Lady's Mum tried first to downgrade Covenant University while comparing it with University of Wales.
We should learn to see what someone is actually saying.
Re: Lady Denied Admission By Covenant Graduates With First Class In UK by DaRuud(m): 3:31pm On Apr 20, 2019
Where as in Nigeria someone is done and dusted with Matriculation

grandiose4ever:
Lady denied admission by Covenant university graduates from the university of wales with a first class.
As shared by her mum...

Re: Lady Denied Admission By Covenant Graduates With First Class In UK by Predstan: 3:31pm On Apr 20, 2019
Originalsly:
Why would someone with a first class in the UK want to attend Covenant in Nigeria?....money is definitely not a reason. And why would Covenant not admit her?.....it must be she has issues....serious issues beyond Covenant.

Is it that difficult to read the story. I admit that the headline is not explanatory enough but the body is very much understandable. The said person applied to Convenant for an undergraduate degree and was denied so she went to the Uk to attain that Apotheosis

3 Likes

Re: Lady Denied Admission By Covenant Graduates With First Class In UK by TheEminentLaity: 3:32pm On Apr 20, 2019
Do you speak from experience when you feel that getting a first in UK is easier than in the US?
RTSC:
And so? If na America now, I for agree with her sentiment small.

Anybody can get a First Class in the UK including many students currently enrolled at covenant.

If ini umotong can get a first-class in economics while playing professional football, anybody can get it.

So madam, your daughter is not special. She is just not what covenant needed at that point in time.
Re: Lady Denied Admission By Covenant Graduates With First Class In UK by Acecube(m): 3:33pm On Apr 20, 2019
HigherEd:
I have learnt long ago never to be discouraged by a denial. We humans are largely myopic, we cry over delays and denials but God sees the entire picture.

The Google brothers once attempted to sell Google to Yahoo at $1 million. But when they got to present at Yahoo they left disappointed as Yahoo mgt was not interested. Today Google has outpaced yahoo. Some even say Google has kicked Yahoo into oblivion.

When Stanford jnr died, his father wanted to honour him with a memorial building at Harvard university but he was denied. That drove him to establish the Leeland Stanford Junior University AKA Stanford University founded on entrepreneurship education.
(Disclaimer: there's a lot of controversy on this story.)

Today Stanford, though hundreds of years younger is of equal prestige as Harvard. It's alumni community is wealthier than many nations of the earth and the second highest producer of billionaires in the world. Second only to Harvard. It's not an Ivy league but has surpassed most ivy leagues - Yale, Cornell, Princeton etc.

I know people who were tormented after relationship breakups. Today, they cringe at the thought that they could have ended up with those persons.

While I refuse to say Covenant was a lesser door, studying in the UK is definitely an higher door.

People should always learn to accept denials in hope of something better. If you did your best and were denied then something better is coming!

thanks for this

2 Likes

Re: Lady Denied Admission By Covenant Graduates With First Class In UK by Jaqenhghar: 3:34pm On Apr 20, 2019
amaniro:
Irrespective of how you feel about it also that's my opinion. What's the fuss? I've been rejected many times also but I don't go to cry on social media. Getting first class in a UK university na just name.
If you dont cry simeone else will. Personally as long as they are not crying in my face Im good. 1st class na name but na achievment nonetheless wink
Re: Lady Denied Admission By Covenant Graduates With First Class In UK by RTSC: 3:37pm On Apr 20, 2019
UNBELIEVABLE:

The Lady's Mum tried first to downgrade Covenant University while comparing it with University of Wales.
Thank you very much.

I thought I was the only one here who actually understood what the woman was trying to do.

She wants others to respect her daughter's achievement, but tried to downplay the quality of her peers in Nigeria who achieved the same thing but with twice the effort.
Re: Lady Denied Admission By Covenant Graduates With First Class In UK by webizone(m): 3:39pm On Apr 20, 2019
StarUp:
If you get first class finish come still dey do "yes sir/ma" for third class graduate for one mushroom company, wetin you gain?

First class without "class" first, is a mirage.
Or yes sir for a certificateless presido like Bubu.
Re: Lady Denied Admission By Covenant Graduates With First Class In UK by RTSC: 3:40pm On Apr 20, 2019
TheEminentLaity:
Do you speak from experience when you feel that getting a first in UK is easier than in the US?
Academic excellence in the US is harder. Significantly harder than the UK.

Especially in STEM.
Re: Lady Denied Admission By Covenant Graduates With First Class In UK by TheEminentLaity: 3:41pm On Apr 20, 2019
From perception or personal experience?
RTSC:

Academic excellence in the US is harder. Significantly harder than the UK.

Especially in STEM.
Re: Lady Denied Admission By Covenant Graduates With First Class In UK by RTSC: 3:44pm On Apr 20, 2019
TheEminentLaity:
From perception or personal experience?
From the experience of a few of my lecturers and friends.
Re: Lady Denied Admission By Covenant Graduates With First Class In UK by pinkygurl(f): 3:45pm On Apr 20, 2019
HigherEd:
I have learnt long ago never to be discouraged by a denial. We humans are largely myopic, we cry over delays and denials but God sees the entire picture.

The Google brothers once attempted to sell Google to Yahoo at $1 million. But when they got to present at Yahoo they left disappointed as Yahoo mgt was not interested. Today Google has outpaced yahoo. Some even say Google has kicked Yahoo into oblivion.

When Stanford jnr died, his father wanted to honour him with a memorial building at Harvard university but he was denied. That drove him to establish the Leeland Stanford Junior University AKA Stanford University founded on entrepreneurship education.

Today Stanford, though hundreds of years younger is of equal prestige as Harvard. It's alumni community is wealthier than many nations of the earth and the second highest producer of billionaires in the world. Second only to Harvard. It's not an Ivy league but has surpassed most ivy leagues - Yale, Cornell, Princeton etc.

I know people who were tormented after relationship breakups. Today, they cringe at the thought that they could have ended up with those persons.

While I refuse to say Covenant was a lesser door, studying in the UK is definitely an higher door.

People should always learn to accept denials in hope of something better. If you did your best and were denied then something better is coming!

grin
Re: Lady Denied Admission By Covenant Graduates With First Class In UK by Originalsly: 3:46pm On Apr 20, 2019
Predstan:

Is it that difficult to read the story. I admit that the headline is not explanatory enough but the body is very much understandable. The said person applied to Convenant for an undergraduate degree and was denied so she went to the Uk to attain that Apotheosis

Thanks!...my bad. I did read... but the dates didn't register....guess the headlines did play a role!
Re: Lady Denied Admission By Covenant Graduates With First Class In UK by Nobody: 3:49pm On Apr 20, 2019
UNBELIEVABLE:

You should know emotions will always be attached to feeling of past rejection, it's normal. But the issue is that regardless of anyone's past or present, a first class is a first class... Never downgrade anyone's achievement, that's my point.

1 Like

Re: Lady Denied Admission By Covenant Graduates With First Class In UK by SIRTee15: 3:53pm On Apr 20, 2019
RTSC:

The UK has much better odds. You can't deny that.

It's not a bad thing though. I can't pay all that money and not come out with a decent result with minimal stress.

First class has increased very much in nigerian universities in recent decades....
Most federal universities graduate an average of 100 first class graduates per set....
Which to me is a good development, so long they merit it...

I think it's sadistic and retrogressive thinking to rate a school based on how few 1st class it churns out....
It's high time we do away with such mindset....
It kills passion, energy and drive amongst our youth.....
Private universities are leading the way and it's only time other federal university get sense....

On your earlier post....

I seriously doubt any nigerian university can match even an average uk university in any standard especially in area of research, innovation and development....
I did some molecular biology training in Nottingham, trust me when I tell u nigerian universities are yet to start....
I met a guy who worked at the Nottingham research centre/Manchester university.....
it's obvious western nations are determined to get rid of fuel driven vehicle by 2030.....

I think our univeristies should just focus on technology and social science as area of strength for now....
while we send our scholars abroad for pure science, applied science and engineering programs....
When they return, these scholars will begin a new curriculum and academic career for these fields.....
because attempting catch up is simply futlie....
Too late for that.....

4 Likes

Re: Lady Denied Admission By Covenant Graduates With First Class In UK by webizone(m): 3:57pm On Apr 20, 2019
Born2Breed:

See as everything you write make sense. Is your name Mr.Wisdom?
You have a big crush on this guy right now.

1 Like

Re: Lady Denied Admission By Covenant Graduates With First Class In UK by TheEminentLaity: 4:01pm On Apr 20, 2019
Fine and good, it's your opinion so I can't knock you but universities are different, someone graduating with a first in the best UK universities could well repeat that anywhere else in the world and that includes the top schools in the US. What you seem to undermine is the focus, perseverance and dedication towards achieving a first in any decent university. Give her her props, she isn't the only one that studied there.
RTSC:

From the experience of a few of my lecturers and friends.
Re: Lady Denied Admission By Covenant Graduates With First Class In UK by poseidon12: 4:01pm On Apr 20, 2019
RTSC:

No accredited university in Nigeria will give you a First Class for sleeping with lecturers.

It is earned through tears, sweat and blood.

Really? But in the UK, anybody can get it, right?
Re: Lady Denied Admission By Covenant Graduates With First Class In UK by AK481(m): 4:20pm On Apr 20, 2019
germanized:

What a bad belly! Pls did you graduate with a first class? Some of you haven't even seen the 4 walls of a university yet you try to downgrade someone's achievement. angry

Being able to graduate at all is no beans, especially if you didn't attend a school where you can do copy and paste... First class is never a cheap thing, hence the term first class! It takes so much consistency and the error range is so slim. Even in a plane, you pay triple the amount to be in first class, talk less of graduating with first class at a university.

40% of uK graduate graduate with first class
See https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.telegraph.co.uk/education/2019/01/17/highest-number-first-class-degrees-record-almost-one-three-students/amp

Re: Lady Denied Admission By Covenant Graduates With First Class In UK by sisisioge: 4:23pm On Apr 20, 2019
HigherEd:

Thank you o...tell it to me fa.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Denied Admission By Covenant Graduates With First Class In UK by RTSC: 4:39pm On Apr 20, 2019
TheEminentLaity:
Fine and good, it's your opinion so I can't knock you but universities are different, someone graduating with a first in the best UK universities could well repeat that anywhere else in the world and that includes the top schools in the US. What you seem to undermine is the focus, perseverance and dedication towards achieving a first in any decent university. Give her her props, she isn't the only one that studied there.
I am not speaking in absolute terms. Of course anybody can excel in the UK and in the US too.
I didn't dispute that.

But the fact still stands. British education is one of the easiest in the developed world, much easier than the United States.
Re: Lady Denied Admission By Covenant Graduates With First Class In UK by Nobody: 4:40pm On Apr 20, 2019
AK481:

40% of uK graduate graduate with first class
See https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.telegraph.co.uk/education/2019/01/17/highest-number-first-class-degrees-record-almost-one-three-students/amp

Not all at least... And that's how it's supposed to be if students are treated fairly. Not the nonsense done in Nigerian universities where they make people feel like dullards.
Re: Lady Denied Admission By Covenant Graduates With First Class In UK by ghettochild4u(m): 4:51pm On Apr 20, 2019
HigherEd:

Back in B.U a friend was suspended for one year..due to exam malpractice he was so innocent of...
It happened English 101 paper leaked n all students had d copies... Ope's crime was that he left d answer he wrote on a sheet of paper in his bag... Out of curiosity and rumour that d paper leaked, the lecturer teaching d course decided to go thru students bags while they were writing..
Na so e see answers to questions he set inside OPe's bag.. Went into d class n called ope.. and asked him questions.. Fast forward resuming second semester, ope was to go for panel.. Longs story cut short.. Dem give am one year suspension ooo.
He didn't wanna return to b.u again but got a message directly from baba adeboye in a convection in abuja.. So he returned..
He grad n moved outta naija for his m.sc..
Dude is doing fine in u.s.a now since 2013

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lady Denied Admission By Covenant Graduates With First Class In UK by AleAirHub(m): 4:52pm On Apr 20, 2019
NICE ONE
HigherEd:

Re: Lady Denied Admission By Covenant Graduates With First Class In UK by lereinter(m): 4:53pm On Apr 20, 2019
there's difference between not giving you the course you so much crave and denying you admission.

how can a private uni deny you admission

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Federal Poly Nasarawa 2012/2013 Admission / I Divorced, Remarried During My Programme - Dr. Ige Aminat Olawunmi. / Lagos Poly Students Jump Through The Fence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.