Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,818 members, 7,831,663 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 12:18 AM

Yam Seed Production: 150k From 2plots Of Land Guaranteed! - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Yam Seed Production: 150k From 2plots Of Land Guaranteed! (6684 Views)

Castor Farming And Seed Production Season / Catfish Breeders' Delight( A Step By Step Insights Into Catfish Seed Production) / Yam Sett/yam Seed Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yam Seed Production: 150k From 2plots Of Land Guaranteed! by ogbongenet: 1:16am On Apr 21, 2019
Good morning ladies and gentlemen, I will be dishing out vital information on seed yam production techniques. Though this my major business and think it's enough reason for me to protect or hide the information...but the quantity of seed yam needed in my locality alone I can't meet up talk less of my state , so why not give the information out and create jobs,reduce poverty and receive peoples blessing.The training will commence very soon ...oh happy Easter to you all..I dey come let me go and kill my Easter chicken first.

3 Likes

Re: Yam Seed Production: 150k From 2plots Of Land Guaranteed! by mankettle(m): 4:46am On Apr 21, 2019
ogbongenet:
Good morning ladies and gentlemen, I will be dishing out vital information on seed yam production techniques. Though this my major business and think it's enough reason for me to protect or hide the information...but the quantity of seed yam needed in my locality alone I can't meet up talk less of my state , so why not give the information out and create jobs,reduce poverty and receive peoples blessing.The training will commence very soon ...oh happy Easter to you all..I dey come let me go and kill my Easter chicken first.
following
Re: Yam Seed Production: 150k From 2plots Of Land Guaranteed! by ogbongenet: 3:59pm On Apr 30, 2019
I'm sorry for the delay but I promise to do justice to the training tonight.7pm is the time join me guys.

1 Like

Re: Yam Seed Production: 150k From 2plots Of Land Guaranteed! by Juliana7: 7:42pm On Apr 30, 2019
ogbongenet:
I'm sorry for the delay but I promise to do justice to the training tonight.7pm is the time join me guys.
hello sir, we are still waiting for the training. Thanks
Re: Yam Seed Production: 150k From 2plots Of Land Guaranteed! by ogbongenet: 8:20pm On Apr 30, 2019
Good evening ladies and gentlemen.Tonight we are starting YAM Seed Productions using the Minisett Technique.
Materials needed are :
Tuber(s) of yam
Sharp knife
Bucket
Water
Chemical or wood ash
Scale (optional)
The major aim of the technique is to increase the
quantity and quality of seed tubers available to farmers.This development was based on the principle that any section of the tuber is capable of developing buds and sprouting provided it has a portion of the periderm In the minisett technique, ‘mother seed’ yams of 500–1000g that have broken dormancy are cut into pieces(minisetts) weighing 30g - 35g.
It's very important that the mother Seed YAM must have broken dormancy (This is very important).
The freshly cut minisetts are treated in a suspension containing wood ash or fungicide and insecticide, and then spread out in light shade to dry for 1–2 days . Treatment of setts before planting is influenced by challenges of unavailability, quality and high cost of chemicals. While the use of wood ash as a substitute for fungicide and insecticide has been
recommended, its effectiveness has been variable .Minisetts can be planted directly in the field on ridges
at a depth of 9–12 cm with a plant spacing of 25–30 cm by 100 cm (4 stands per m2) when the rains are well established.Otherwise they could be pre-sprouted in beds, baskets or boxes using top soil, saw dust, shredded coir or carbonated rice husk as media (I prefer pre-sprouting system)
When minisetts are pre-sprouted, there is a better crop establishment because only sprouted minisetts are transplanted to the field, and this can be timed for a period when the soil is sufficiently wet to sup-
port adequate growth. With pre-sprouting, additional time and cost are required to check the minisetts at intervals and select those that have sprouted for transplanting.

2 Likes

Re: Yam Seed Production: 150k From 2plots Of Land Guaranteed! by ogbongenet: 8:21pm On Apr 30, 2019
You cut it this way

1 Like

Re: Yam Seed Production: 150k From 2plots Of Land Guaranteed! by ogbongenet: 8:21pm On Apr 30, 2019
Like this

1 Like

Re: Yam Seed Production: 150k From 2plots Of Land Guaranteed! by ogbongenet: 8:24pm On Apr 30, 2019
After cutting,you submerge into chemical solutions

1 Like

Re: Yam Seed Production: 150k From 2plots Of Land Guaranteed! by ogbongenet: 8:25pm On Apr 30, 2019
When you plant after two three weeks you something like this..

2 Likes

Re: Yam Seed Production: 150k From 2plots Of Land Guaranteed! by ogbongenet: 8:26pm On Apr 30, 2019
ogbongenet:
When you plant after two three weeks you something like this..
instead of chemical solutions wood ash was used in this picture

1 Like

Re: Yam Seed Production: 150k From 2plots Of Land Guaranteed! by ogbongenet: 8:29pm On Apr 30, 2019
Despite advantages of the minisett technique which include fewer ware tubers being used as seed, faster rate of multiplication than with traditional methods, ease of operation as well as potential for production of better quality seed and mechanization,the level of adoption remains low. Some factors responsible for this are the scarcity and high cost of complementary inputs as well as additional costs for cutting and treating minisetts, and farmer reluctance to
buy seed. The minisett technique is meant to produce seed tubers, so its promotion should be directed to dedicated seed yam producers, who exist in only a few yam growing areas. In traditional systems, ware yam farmers will sell seed after their fields are planted and there is surplus, and will buy if there are unplanted mounds due to a shortage of planting material.

1 Like

Re: Yam Seed Production: 150k From 2plots Of Land Guaranteed! by ogbongenet: 8:33pm On Apr 30, 2019
Yam sett is grown on ridges and not heaps to maximize the use of land and to reduce stress on staking.with this method staking net use in cucumber farming,even ordinary rope can be use to cut cost of buying staking net.

1 Like

Re: Yam Seed Production: 150k From 2plots Of Land Guaranteed! by ogbongenet: 8:38pm On Apr 30, 2019
Mind you not all yam is use for seed yam production because some yam only geminate from the head alone, if such yam is use the germination rate will be very poor.if you need Good mother yam that can do the trick you can chat me up on 08060115253

1 Like

Re: Yam Seed Production: 150k From 2plots Of Land Guaranteed! by ogbongenet: 9:54pm On Apr 30, 2019
To be continued...
Re: Yam Seed Production: 150k From 2plots Of Land Guaranteed! by Juliana7: 1:39am On May 01, 2019
ogbongenet:
To be continued...
thank u sir for this priceless info. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Yam Seed Production: 150k From 2plots Of Land Guaranteed! by ogbongenet: 12:32pm On May 01, 2019
When you use a good variety of mother yam seed for minisetts, there's good tendency to have multiple shots which translates to harvest...

1 Like

Re: Yam Seed Production: 150k From 2plots Of Land Guaranteed! by ogbongenet: 10:37am On May 02, 2019
One beautiful thing about yam seed production is that no chemical spraying,no insecticide,no fungicide.no worry rain...no need to become a prayer warrior because of rain.plant,weed,fertilize,stake and wait for nature to take care of the remaining things.

1 Like

Re: Yam Seed Production: 150k From 2plots Of Land Guaranteed! by Alberttahir: 3:38pm On May 02, 2019
Beautiful. May God increase you more in knowledge. Amin.
Re: Yam Seed Production: 150k From 2plots Of Land Guaranteed! by ogbongenet: 9:55am On May 03, 2019
After 8-10wks of planting you can apply fertilizer to the grown up ones for good yield.
Re: Yam Seed Production: 150k From 2plots Of Land Guaranteed! by ogbongenet: 9:55am On May 03, 2019
Alberttahir:
Beautiful. May God increase you more in knowledge. Amin.
Thanks bro

1 Like

Re: Yam Seed Production: 150k From 2plots Of Land Guaranteed! by ogbongenet: 9:52pm On May 18, 2019
Quality Yam seed/sett available.call 08060115253

2 Likes

Re: Yam Seed Production: 150k From 2plots Of Land Guaranteed! by drakin1(m): 3:28pm On May 19, 2019
Good day, how do you know the yam that has broken dormancy? Thanks

1 Like

Re: Yam Seed Production: 150k From 2plots Of Land Guaranteed! by ogbongenet: 11:38am On Nov 05, 2019
Noiler is a dual purpose breed of chicken developed for small holder farmers to address the challenges of food insecurity
and financial dependency among rural populace, especially women.

Unique Features
Noiler is bred to survive in free range and on kitchen waste and farm by-products
to produce good quality meat and egg, hence dual purpose bird with following
characteristics:

- Hardiness
- High resistance to common diseases
- Heat tolerance
- Low input- feed cost, shelter, labour
- Tougher meat than broiler
- Nutritional security
The Noiler chick is a potential bio-converter of no cost agricultural, household and natural waste abundant in villages — into human protein food and substantial incomes for rural households.it eats whatever the local fowl eats yet grows as big as broiler.isn't this awesome?

To order for your 4weeks Noiler chicken call or WhatsApp 08060115253

Re: Yam Seed Production: 150k From 2plots Of Land Guaranteed! by ogbongenet: 7:52pm On Nov 06, 2019
It's harvesting time , I have started harvesting my yam gotten from mini seed yam. The result was beautiful as usual.. Thank God for his mercy

Re: Yam Seed Production: 150k From 2plots Of Land Guaranteed! by Goshiii: 1:50pm On Nov 07, 2019
Where are you based?
Re: Yam Seed Production: 150k From 2plots Of Land Guaranteed! by ogbongenet: 7:01pm On Nov 07, 2019
Abeokuta
Goshiii:
Where are you based?
Re: Yam Seed Production: 150k From 2plots Of Land Guaranteed! by ogbongenet: 11:21pm On Nov 09, 2019
Yam seed production is a bang .... This type of yam seed produce in numbers

Re: Yam Seed Production: 150k From 2plots Of Land Guaranteed! by ogbongenet: 11:02am On Nov 22, 2019
Some months ago I delivered a presentation on Yam seed production using Minisett Technique's. But I noticed that most people don't believe in the process,some even said with the technique one can not achieve anything but I'm glad to show some pictures of my harvest. The smallest yam that I got is around 5kg weight, why I also get some big yam that weight between 10-12kg. If one get 12kg ware yam from 30gram Minisett(size of matches box). I think it's a success

1 Like

Re: Yam Seed Production: 150k From 2plots Of Land Guaranteed! by Alberttahir: 1:34pm On Nov 22, 2019
congratulations bro
Re: Yam Seed Production: 150k From 2plots Of Land Guaranteed! by ogbongenet: 7:13pm On Nov 22, 2019
Thanks bro
Re: Yam Seed Production: 150k From 2plots Of Land Guaranteed! by olaide68(m): 1:05pm On Nov 23, 2019
How many seed can one get from a good mother yam tuber?
How much does it cost to get one mother yam tuber?
Thanks
Re: Yam Seed Production: 150k From 2plots Of Land Guaranteed! by ogbongenet: 2:28pm On Nov 23, 2019
Depending on the size of the mother yam and size of your Minisett. A good mother yam is 300-500
olaide68:
How many seed can one get from a good mother yam tuber?
How much does it cost to get one mother yam tuber?
Thanks

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Simple Farm Tools To Develop Agriculture In Nigeria / Acres Of Land 15mins Drive From Ibadan City / Sale Of Poultry Cages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.