Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,226 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:42 AM

Arik Air's New Rule On Nigerian Biometric E-passport Requirements To Travel To L - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Arik Air's New Rule On Nigerian Biometric E-passport Requirements To Travel To L (1942 Views)

Nigeria E-passport New Prices Start Today. / New Rule For Dubai! / Re-issue Of Nigerian E-passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arik Air's New Rule On Nigerian Biometric E-passport Requirements To Travel To L by BigPhil(m): 12:07pm On Sep 16, 2010
Nigerian biometric e-passport requirements to travel to London Heathrow

To comply with Nigerian immigration regulations, from 1st January 2011 only the new format Nigerian biometric, e-passport will be valid for international travel.

In order to avoid unnecessary delays or problems on departure, the following is advised.

•Passengers holding old style Nigerian passports containing valid United Kingdom residence endorsements should have these transferred into the new e-passport prior to travel from UK (please note that a Certificate of Entitlement to the Right of Abode is only valid for presentation during the validity of the passport in which is contained). Passengers having dual nationality i.e. who hold United Kingdom and Nigerian passports, are advised to carry both for return travel to the United Kingdom.
•All children i.e. those under 18 years, should hold their own Nigerian e-passport, containing a valid visa, residence permit, Certificate of Entitlement of the Right of Abode, and/or valid United Kingdom passport, as appropriate.

Comments Please.
Re: Arik Air's New Rule On Nigerian Biometric E-passport Requirements To Travel To L by joxiri: 11:37pm On Sep 16, 2010
are you saying people with resident permits on their old passport will not be allowed to travel even if they have the new e-passport along side their old passport which contains their visa
surely that does not make sense
Re: Arik Air's New Rule On Nigerian Biometric E-passport Requirements To Travel To L by VOR(m): 1:34am On Sep 17, 2010
Ridiculous, and it will cause a lot of hardship and problems.
A visa/residence permit doesn't become invalid just because
the passport expires or otherwise is no longer valid.

Nationals of the old Yugoslavia still had valid visas in old Yugoslav
passports even when they adopted the passports of theirnew nations
such as Serbia.
Re: Arik Air's New Rule On Nigerian Biometric E-passport Requirements To Travel To L by BigPhil(m): 8:48am On Sep 17, 2010
@Joxiri,my sentiments exactly,that's why i posted the article,I have checked with other airlines plying the London route and none is imposing this stupid rules,it seems that it is only Arik,so far.Anyway,I have no plans of flying with Arik now or in the future.
Re: Arik Air's New Rule On Nigerian Biometric E-passport Requirements To Travel To L by joxiri: 5:42pm On Sep 17, 2010
well if other airlines are not doing likewise then it wont be a problem arik will just loose some potential customers

(1) (Reply)

Pls.help!anyone Who Knws Abt Italy Study Visa Requirements. / Nigerians In Chinese Prisions / Have Your Life Been Better After Getting European Citizenship?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.