Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,730 members, 7,817,006 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:44 PM

New Rule For Dubai! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / New Rule For Dubai! (4781 Views)

New ATM Rule For International Students / Arik Air's New Rule On Nigerian Biometric E-passport Requirements To Travel To L / Visa Requirements For Dubai? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Rule For Dubai! by Riskie(f): 7:43pm On Aug 05, 2008
Hey,
For all the people who wish to come to the UAE for vacation or for shopping there's a new rule. Upon arrival at the airport an HIV/AIDS test will be administered to all before you are allowed to enter the country. If you test positive (God forbid!) you will be returned to your country.
Just letting you know.
wink
Re: New Rule For Dubai! by Queenisha: 7:48pm On Aug 05, 2008
and I was thinking of visiting the place.
13th century hooligans.
what  normal country would institute discrimination of HIV patients
except one stuck in the stone age.

They can take their Dubai and shove it.
They'll soon start checking for those with intact hymen
Re: New Rule For Dubai! by Riskie(f): 9:09pm On Aug 05, 2008
Hooligans Well it may seem harsh but they are simply trying to minimize the spread of AIDS/HIV and other STDs in their country. I think it's actually quite sensible. People who live here go for testing every 3 years to renew their resident's visas. I think the rules just keep people in check and make them think before being careless with their lives. smiley
Re: New Rule For Dubai! by landis(m): 7:13am On Aug 06, 2008
Riskie:

Hooligans Well it may seem harsh but they are simply trying to minimize the spread of AIDS/HIV and other STDs in their country. I think it's actually quite sensible. People who live here go for testing every 3 years to renew their resident's visas. I think the rules just keep people in check and make them think before being careless with their lives. smiley

when will Nigeria start applying same rule to all 'foreign visitors'??
Re: New Rule For Dubai! by adewaleafolabi(m): 9:15am On Aug 06, 2008
Now from what i know, Dubia is a country that depends greatly on people visiting it for various purposes. However when it starts this rule, its sending signals to even non positive people that some of their rights are being trampled upon. See civil rights organisations are watching and would soon start barking. Lets see whether the percentage of people who travel to Dubia wouldn't reduce, and better still lets see how their economy would do without the influx of people
Re: New Rule For Dubai! by Pennywise(m): 9:35am On Aug 06, 2008
Queenisha:

what  normal country would institute discrimination of HIV patients
except one stuck in the stone age.
They can take their Dubai and shove it.
They'll soon start checking for those with intact hymen

Never mind the bunch of idiotic mallams.They lay claim to piety but have only one fixation-sex. Unfortunately America has speculated them and their oil into reckoning. Otherwise where was dubai on the tourist map 10 years ago. Animal in human skin (Fela, God bless his soul).
Re: New Rule For Dubai! by EloSela(f): 11:36am On Aug 06, 2008
landis:

when will Nigeria start applying same rule to all 'foreign visitors'??

Nigeria get power to refuse anybody visa? grin grin ;DOut of all the people who apply for Nigerian visas sef how many of them are actually 'foreign'?? I say less than 5%, the majority are Nigerians in the diaspora.
Re: New Rule For Dubai! by landis(m): 12:16pm On Aug 06, 2008
EloSela:

Nigeria get power to refuse anybody visa? grin grin ;DOut of all the people who apply for Nigerian visas sef how many of them are actually 'foreign'?? I say less than 5%, the majority are Nigerians in the diaspora.

you may have a point there.

But Kenya should be doing this but now see what HIV has done to their country.

Dubai is only looking out for their country: who are we to criticise their method??
Re: New Rule For Dubai! by Busybody2(f): 12:48pm On Aug 06, 2008
Riskie:

Hey,
For all the people who wish to come to the UAE for vacation or for shopping there's a new rule. Upon arrival at the airport an HIV/AIDS test will be administered to all before you are allowed to enter the country. If you test positive (God forbid!) you will be returned to your country.
Just letting you know.
wink

As long as they can vouch that no cross contamination will take place. Don't want no used needles in my system. cool
Re: New Rule For Dubai! by Queenisha: 4:54pm On Aug 06, 2008
Riskie:

last time I checked, the green card lasts for 5 or 10 years before renewal and 99% of folks get their citizenship before that.
I am yet to hear of an immigrant or non immigrant deported because of HIV status.
You and the people of Dubai must be only ones that don't know that there are ways to "catch" HIV besides promiscuity like maternal-infant infection,blood transfusions, spousal tranfer, needlesticks on health care workers, cross transfer from unsterilized sharps in health care facilities.

The rule is a foolish one. HIV is not a communicable air borne disease and this ruling is very discriminatory.
Visitors to be subjected to HIV testing is plain stupid.
Re: New Rule For Dubai! by calebreal: 5:04pm On Aug 06, 2008
Queenisha:

last time I checked, the green card lasts for 5 or 10 years before renewal and 99% of folks get their citizenship before that.
I am yet to hear of an immigrant or non immigrant deported because of HIV status.
You and the people of Dubai must be only ones that don't know that there are ways to "catch" HIV besides promiscuity like maternal-infant infection,blood transfusions, spousal tranfer, needlesticks on health care workers, cross transfer from unsterilized sharps in health care facilities.

The rule is a foolish one. HIV is not a communicable air borne disease and this ruling is very discriminatory.

I am by your side ,
no problem u feel me
Re: New Rule For Dubai! by vikiviko(m): 5:14pm On Aug 06, 2008
Its barbaric and discriminatory.

It will not stand the test of time.
Re: New Rule For Dubai! by sistajay(f): 7:47pm On Aug 06, 2008
I guess this is their way of tryin to stop the spread of HIV, it's a good idea.
Re: New Rule For Dubai! by ifyalways(f): 8:01pm On Aug 06, 2008
what a rule !
Re: New Rule For Dubai! by Riskie(f): 7:58am On Aug 07, 2008
Queenisha:

I'm pretty sure that "the people of Dubai" are as aware as I am that there are several different ways that HIV is contracted. If you can prevent one then why not? If you knew the way people here were you would probably see more reasons for the new rules.
Re: New Rule For Dubai! by adamsy07: 9:00am On Aug 08, 2008
@riskie,
Hey,
Just letting you know.

girl i wish you heard the information well.
if you are visitng dubai for shopping or regular 14 days visa no hiv test,but if you visiting for 3 month visit visa then u ave to g through test but not at the airport but in an hospital inside dubai,if positive then you would be deported.
i am giving u a right information cos i own a company here and i stand as sponsor for thousands of visitors visas.
if u doubt the test after entry then listen(you would only be stamped in after which you would ave to locate your sponsor for the sticking of your visa with the result from an hospital inside dubai,if the result is negative then no sticking of visa,from the hospital you will be deported,
Re: New Rule For Dubai! by Queenisha: 2:10pm On Aug 09, 2008
I just confirmed this information is false.
Thread closed!
Re: New Rule For Dubai! by adamsy07: 6:24am On Aug 10, 2008
thou the rule as bin existing in dubai for long thats if you want to reside in dubai,but it's not for the normal visa of 14 days shopping visa,the new rule is just on 3 months holiday visa and not 14 days visa.

(1) (Reply)

Visa Agent Needed / 20 Days, 3000km, Nonstop In Phillipines / How Do I Apply For Travel Certificate In United State?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.