Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,078 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:10 AM

FLASH: APC Denies Suspending Akeredolu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FLASH: APC Denies Suspending Akeredolu (7552 Views)

APC Denies Suspending Senator Orji Kalu, Says PDP Behind Fake Story / Senate: Ward Denies Suspending Agom-Eze / APC Denies Suspending Rochas Okorocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FLASH: APC Denies Suspending Akeredolu by OndoFirstBorn(m): 11:42am On Apr 21, 2019
Lagos – The ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) on Saturday denied reports that it has suspended Ondo State governor, Rotimi Akeredolu over alleged anti-gay party activities.

There were reports that the governor has been suspended by the party after failing to respond to the query issues to him by the National Working Committee (NWC) of the party.

However, speaking with Sunday INDEPENDENT, Mallam Lanre Issa- Onilu, the party’s National Publicity Secretary said he was not aware that Akeredolu has been suspended as claimed.

According to him, the last action he was aware of was the query issued to the governor by the NEC.

“I have received a lot of calls but I have said I am not aware the governor has been suspended. The last action I am aware of was that the governor was issued a query,” he said

Also, Akeredolu on Saturday said he has not been suspended by the NWC of the APC.

Speaking with Sunday INDEPENDENT, he also insisted that he was neither issued any query as claimed by the party leadership as he has not received any letter to that effect.

In March, the governor was issued a query by the party leadership for “glaring anti-party activities, which greatly affected the fortunes of our candidates in the recently-conducted Presidential and National Assembly elections in the state.”

However, in a text message he personally sent to our correspondent on Saturday, the governor said, “I have not received any letter be it query or suspension. Thanks.”

https://www.independent.ng/apc-denies-suspending-akeredolu/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FLASH: APC Denies Suspending Akeredolu by OndoFirstBorn(m): 11:43am On Apr 21, 2019
It is very sad that some detractors who are not happy with the development happening in Ondo State are doing everything including peddling fake news to distract Governor Akeredolu.

All the news outlets that promoted the fake story should apologise to the Governor. It is no longer just a mere saying that Good journalism is dead in Nigeria!

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FLASH: APC Denies Suspending Akeredolu by yerokunphilips: 11:52am On Apr 21, 2019
Nigeria bloggers have first class in spreading fake news all because of traffic .

5 Likes

Re: FLASH: APC Denies Suspending Akeredolu by mknigeriagreat: 11:52am On Apr 21, 2019
Hmmm. Journalism in Nigeria is totally getting out of hands. I just hope and pray one demonic mad man/woman that has a large followership on the social media platform doesnt put up a news that before we get to lnow it was all but false millions could have gotten killed. We need to do something about fake news honestly. We are not managing the social and news media platforms well in this country. The speed at which wrong news flies is exponential 1 million that of a right and truth news. God help us.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FLASH: APC Denies Suspending Akeredolu by justmenoni: 11:54am On Apr 21, 2019
Afi anti gay na

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FLASH: APC Denies Suspending Akeredolu by davillian(m): 11:54am On Apr 21, 2019
grin
Re: FLASH: APC Denies Suspending Akeredolu by Adegreen(m): 11:55am On Apr 21, 2019
oga oooo y APC Dey deny

1 Like

Re: FLASH: APC Denies Suspending Akeredolu by Upton: 11:55am On Apr 21, 2019
Anti-gay party activities. I knew APC had an hidden agenda

2 Likes

Re: FLASH: APC Denies Suspending Akeredolu by Acedave1(m): 11:56am On Apr 21, 2019
tnk buhari for dat
Re: FLASH: APC Denies Suspending Akeredolu by Lanre4uonly(m): 11:58am On Apr 21, 2019
The more you look, the less you see when it comes to Nigeria politics.
Re: FLASH: APC Denies Suspending Akeredolu by Xisnin(m): 12:02pm On Apr 21, 2019
OndoFirstBorn:
Lagos – The ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) on Saturday denied reports that it has suspended Ondo State governor, Rotimi Akeredolu over alleged anti-gay party activities.

Now we know the reason for his attempted suspension grin

3 Likes

Re: FLASH: APC Denies Suspending Akeredolu by wink2015(m): 12:03pm On Apr 21, 2019
OndoFirstBorn:

There were reports that the governor has been suspended by the party after failing to respond to the query issues to him by the National Working Committee (NWC) of the party.

However, speaking with Sunday INDEPENDENT, Mallam Lanre Issa- Onilu, the party’s National Publicity Secretary said he was not aware that Akeredolu has been suspended as claimed.

According to him, the last action he was aware of was the query issued to the governor by the NEC.

“I have received a lot of calls but I have said I am not aware the governor has been suspended. The last action I am aware of was that the governor was issued a query,” he said

Also, Akeredolu on Saturday said he has not been suspended by the NWC of the APC.

Speaking with Sunday INDEPENDENT, he also insisted that he was neither issued any query as claimed by the party leadership as he has not received any letter to that effect.

In March, the governor was issued a query by the party leadership for “glaring anti-party activities, which greatly affected the fortunes of our candidates in the recently-conducted Presidential and National Assembly elections in the state.”

However, in a text message he personally sent to our correspondent on Saturday, the governor said, “I have not received any letter be it query or suspension. Thanks.”

https://www.independent.ng/apc-denies-suspending-akeredolu/

ADAMS OSHIOMOLE IS WAITING WITH HIS DISCIPLINARY TOOLS FOR AKEREDOLU.

Possibly at the next election for governor in Edo state.
Re: FLASH: APC Denies Suspending Akeredolu by daonomzy2389(m): 12:03pm On Apr 21, 2019
Na so they will always denial,that has been dia trend since time immemorial..... APC and lies are inseparable...
Re: FLASH: APC Denies Suspending Akeredolu by Blackbirdws: 12:04pm On Apr 21, 2019
angry
Re: FLASH: APC Denies Suspending Akeredolu by Nobody: 12:13pm On Apr 21, 2019
mknigeriagreat:
Hmmm. Journalism in Nigeria is totally getting out of hands. I just hope and pray one demonic mad man/woman that has a large followership on the social media platform doesnt put up a news that before we get to lnow it was all but false millions could have gotten killed. We need to do something about fake news honestly. We are not managing the social and news media platforms well in this country. The speed at which wrong news flies is exponential 1 million that of a right and truth news. God help us.
The truth is he was suspended but they quickly reversed their decision, considering the impending crisis it could cause the party in Ondo because a lot of party leaders in the state are loyal to akeredolu. It wasn't a confusing Journalism as you and many may have thought. Whether he was suspended or not, the deed had been done because akeredolu would definitely defect to another party, we know that. He's been so badly treated by the APC in various ways. It's not a must that Tinubu's candidate must emerge in every primaries and that's akeredolu's sin. He will definitely Italy get over it. He's a working governor.

1 Like

Re: FLASH: APC Denies Suspending Akeredolu by YoungAncient1: 12:15pm On Apr 21, 2019
Akeredolu is a serving Governor with second term hopes. This means his contributions(Financial) is needed by the Party. Therefore, he won't be suspended.
Re: FLASH: APC Denies Suspending Akeredolu by SimSify(m): 12:19pm On Apr 21, 2019
APC awon werey.. who takes them serious these days.. talk from both sides of there mouth..

1 Like

Re: FLASH: APC Denies Suspending Akeredolu by SimSify(m): 12:21pm On Apr 21, 2019
Hahahaha678:
See below
My friend give your life some meaning..
Re: FLASH: APC Denies Suspending Akeredolu by Chinashopping84: 12:22pm On Apr 21, 2019
These government clearly showcase the era of fake news.Kudos to the apc led federal government. we sell chinese rmb.
Re: FLASH: APC Denies Suspending Akeredolu by mknigeriagreat: 12:24pm On Apr 21, 2019
fairfora:
The truth is he was suspended but they quickly reversed their decision, considering the impending crisis it could cause the party in Ondo because a lot of party leaders in the state are loyal to akeredolu. It wasn't a confusing Journalism as you and many may have thought. Whether he was suspended or not, the deed had been done because akeredolu would definitely defect to another party, we know that. He's been so badly treated by the APC in various ways. It's not a must that Tinubu's candidate must emerge in every primaries and that's akeredolu's sin. He will definitely Italy get over it. He's a working governor.

This is what i was actually saying. Now tell me how you came about the fact that he was actually suspended but now they are doing damage control. What damage control? Just give me who have you that first hand info that he was actually suspended.
Re: FLASH: APC Denies Suspending Akeredolu by chinavs9ja(m): 12:25pm On Apr 21, 2019
Abeg leave Ondo state oo

Easter promo: 50% discount for website design, blog design. Check my signature
Re: FLASH: APC Denies Suspending Akeredolu by DSDLIVEREPORT: 12:34pm On Apr 21, 2019
Which one is anti - gay parties activities again? Will some quickly amend that ?

1 Like

Re: FLASH: APC Denies Suspending Akeredolu by ionsman: 12:43pm On Apr 21, 2019
fairfora:

You were there right? Some of you amaze me. People more influential than him were suspended, nothing happened. ITK

1 Like

Re: FLASH: APC Denies Suspending Akeredolu by Wiseandtrue(f): 12:53pm On Apr 21, 2019
Say and deny party!!!

Akeredolu watch your back

1 Like

Re: FLASH: APC Denies Suspending Akeredolu by Nobody: 12:56pm On Apr 21, 2019
ionsman:

You were there right? Some of you amaze me. People more influential than him were suspended, nothing happened. ITK
I don't have to be there in person . I'm very close to aketi sir . I don't have to disclose my identity to you. He was suspended , I maintain

1 Like

Re: FLASH: APC Denies Suspending Akeredolu by Nobody: 12:57pm On Apr 21, 2019
mknigeriagreat:

This is what i was actually saying. Now tell me how you came about the fact that he was actually suspended but now they are doing damage control. What damage control? Just give me who have you that first hand info that he was actually suspended.
I don't have to share all that with you in social media. I'm close to the gov

1 Like

Re: FLASH: APC Denies Suspending Akeredolu by mknigeriagreat: 1:02pm On Apr 21, 2019
fairfora:
I don't have to share all that with you in social media. I'm close to the gov

I am close to chief Tinubu as well as baba Akande and they denied the rumour. So what do you have to say?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Commiserates With Bayonga Family Over Death Of HRH Danjuma Bayonga / My Humble Giveaway / Covid-19; Atiku Abubakar’s Son On A “death Door”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.