Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,774 members, 7,851,640 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 02:29 AM

Why Would Any Foreigner Want A Nigerian Citizenship - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Would Any Foreigner Want A Nigerian Citizenship (1187 Views)

Edwin Ijeoma Who Renounced Nigerian Citizenship, Expelled From South Africa / These Ten Countries Can Sell Citizenship To You / What Are The Requirements For A Foreigner Visiting Nigeria To Marry Her Man? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Would Any Foreigner Want A Nigerian Citizenship by GrandHype: 6:44pm On Apr 21, 2019
Kathryn Berk a former US consular guy answered on quora forum:
Nigeria has the 27th largest and one of the fastest-growing economies in the world, and the largest economy in all of Africa. Business opportunities abound, the universities are very good, the food is excellent and they throw great parties.

And how could I forget? The men who work in the Lekki Market are the sexiest men on this entire planet.

What do you think?
justwise and DisGuy do the needful lets know what people think of this.

1 Like

Re: Why Would Any Foreigner Want A Nigerian Citizenship by optimusprime2(m): 1:42am On Apr 22, 2019
GrandHype:
Kathryn Berk a former US consular guy answered on quora forum:
Nigeria has the 27th largest and one of the fastest-growing economies in the world, and the largest economy in all of Africa. Business opportunities abound, the universities are very good, the food is excellent and they throw great parties.

And how could I forget? The men who work in the Lekki Market are the sexiest men on this entire planet.

What do you think?
justwise and DisGuy do the needful lets know what people think of this.

Well a Nigerian passport would give the holder, visa free access to West Africa and some other subsaharan African countries... now if you asked me, that's a good deal if one happens to be a westerner or Asian Nationale who is into business.

BTW
Nigeria's visa is very tough to get if you are a foreigner, trust Nigerian embassies, they will make life difficult for you.
Perhaps we should hear stories about foreigners and their Nigerian visa ordeals.

3 Likes

Re: Why Would Any Foreigner Want A Nigerian Citizenship by rinzaugustine: 4:08am On Apr 22, 2019
Nigeria is the only country you can become rich overnight ,legitimately if you have four eyes(if you understand what I mean) without paying a dime in taxes to government,but unfortunately more than 80% of the population do not t see that opportunity but foreigners like Lebanese,Chinese,Indians etc see it daily
Re: Why Would Any Foreigner Want A Nigerian Citizenship by Olalekank(m): 6:34am On Apr 22, 2019
rinzaugustine:
Nigeria is the only country you can become rich overnight ,legitimately if you have four eyes(if you understand what I mean) without paying a dime in taxes to government,but unfortunately more than 80% of the population do not t see that opportunity but foreigners like Lebanese,Chinese,Indians etc see it daily
Please help me add these extra two eyes that you are using to see these opportunities sir

I want to blow... I'd be awaiting a positive response

1 Like

Re: Why Would Any Foreigner Want A Nigerian Citizenship by Mizwisdom(f): 8:01am On Apr 22, 2019
As of today, most Okada guys are from Niger, those Arab looking folks we see often begging are from Chad, those slim Sudanese looking people selling hair medicine and drugs are from Sudan, many laborers are from Togo, many tailors are from Benin, Ghana crew are still teaching and doing business. Lebanese own shops, Indians industries, Chinese furniture, textile also industries, the least goes on. Most foreigners will want residency because they're making money, much more than they do in their own countries

3 Likes

Re: Why Would Any Foreigner Want A Nigerian Citizenship by Olalekank(m): 8:05am On Apr 22, 2019
Mizwisdom:
As of today, most Okada guys are from Niger, those Arab looking folks we see often begging are from Chad, those slim Sudanese looking people selling hair medicine and drugs are from Sudan, many laborers are from Togo, many tailors are from Benin, Ghana crew are still teaching and doing business. Lebanese own shops, Indians industries, Chinese furniture, textile also industries, the least goes on. Most foreigners will want residency because they're making money, much more than they do in their own countries
This is different from citizenship

2 Likes

Re: Why Would Any Foreigner Want A Nigerian Citizenship by Mizwisdom(f): 9:07am On Apr 22, 2019
Olalekank:
This is different from citizenship

How?
Re: Why Would Any Foreigner Want A Nigerian Citizenship by Kalapizim(m): 9:08am On Apr 22, 2019
Stay there, my boss a foreigner just got her citizenship after working here for 7 years and she was so excited about it.
According to her, she loves this country.

2 Likes

Re: Why Would Any Foreigner Want A Nigerian Citizenship by Olalekank(m): 9:17am On Apr 22, 2019
Mizwisdom:

How?
These guys are working here, and might have been here for over a decade and doing business here.

It doesn't mean they would be desirous of a citizenship. Their passports probably offer then even more benefits than a Nigerian passport.

I emphasize that the fact that they are working here doesn't mean they wish to become a citizen
Re: Why Would Any Foreigner Want A Nigerian Citizenship by Mizwisdom(f): 9:36am On Apr 22, 2019
Olalekank:

These guys are working here, and might have been here for over a decade and doing business here.

It doesn't mean they would be desirous of a citizenship. Their passports probably offer then even more benefits than a Nigerian passport.

I emphasize that the fact that they are working here doesn't mean they wish to become a citizen

They do wish to become citizens, for example many Lebanese hold Nigerian passports and claim Nigeria as their country, most of them are born and brought up here. It's not easy to get Nig. citizenship except through marriage and lengthy stay which many would do but because they came in on tourist/business visa and remained they find it difficult to apply for permanent stay here. Some, especially West Africans are here illegally(over stay) so how do they apply for citizenship?
Re: Why Would Any Foreigner Want A Nigerian Citizenship by Olalekank(m): 9:40am On Apr 22, 2019
Mizwisdom:

They do wish to become citizens, for example many Lebanese hold Nigerian passports and claim Nigeria as their country, most of them are born and brought up here. It's not easy to get Nig. citizenship except through marriage and lengthy stay which many would do but because they came in on tourist/business visa and remained they find it difficult to apply for permanent stay here. Some, especially West Africans are here illegally(over stay) so how do they apply for citizenship?

I really didn't know about this, thanks for the insight

1 Like

Re: Why Would Any Foreigner Want A Nigerian Citizenship by Beautyaddy: 2:57pm On Apr 22, 2019
rinzaugustine:

lol!...And this is a good thing to boast and be proud about

Most of those Lebanese, Chinese and Indian Countries are better developed than Nigeria because they have to pay taxes to develop and maintain infrastructures in their countries.

Believe it or not they are just using Nigeria to make money and send the excess gain back to their countries.

2 Likes

Re: Why Would Any Foreigner Want A Nigerian Citizenship by GrandHype: 9:02pm On Apr 22, 2019
Nigeria My Country

1 Like

Re: Why Would Any Foreigner Want A Nigerian Citizenship by Ope4Christ: 5:26am On Apr 23, 2019
The reasons are not far fetched as listed below:

1. Foreigners like Indians, Lebanese, Chinese, Koreans, Germans, etc like to acquire Nigerian Passport because of their huge investments in Nigeria. It is easy to cut corners by not paying/ or paying a significantly reduced tax rate in Nigeria which they cannot try in their countries. Cheap labor is everywhere in Nigeria and illegality of not paying staff salaries regularly, or paying peanuts to increase the profit they take back to their countries. Ask Nigerians who have worked with them before.

2. Whenever a foreigner is working in Nigeria, he naturally assumes a managerial or supervisory role which gives him fat salary he might not be able to obtain in his country; even when he is an ordinary School Cert holder. Hence there is need to acquire Nigerian citizenship.

3. Some of them are married to Nigerians who are rich so there is need to be a Nigerian.

4. Among others.

1 Like

Re: Why Would Any Foreigner Want A Nigerian Citizenship by GrandHype: 2:47pm On Apr 23, 2019
Ope4Christ:
The reasons are not far fetched as listed below:

1. Foreigners like Indians, Lebanese, Chinese, Koreans, Germans, etc like to acquire Nigerian Passport because of their huge investments in Nigeria. It is easy to cut corners by not paying/ or paying a significantly reduced tax rate in Nigeria which they cannot try in their countries. Cheap labor is everywhere in Nigeria and illegality of not paying staff salaries regularly, or paying peanuts to increase the profit they take back to their countries. Ask Nigerians who have worked with them before.

2. Whenever a foreigner is working in Nigeria, he naturally assumes a managerial or supervisory role which gives him fat salary he might not be able to obtain in his country; even when he is an ordinary School Cert holder. Hence there is need to acquire Nigerian citizenship.

3. Some of them are married to Nigerians who are rich so there is need to be a Nigerian.

4. Among others.
Interesting
Re: Why Would Any Foreigner Want A Nigerian Citizenship by Hadampson(m): 8:57pm On Apr 23, 2019
Kalapizim:
Stay there, my boss a foreigner just got her citizenship after working here for 7 years and she was so excited about it.
According to her, she loves this country.

Good for her undecided

(1) (Reply)

I Informed A Travel Agency Today That, How Much Is Student Visa Of 5years Turke / Aerial View Of Owerri / Tips On Getting To Manchester

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.