Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,627 members, 7,851,112 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 01:38 PM

Tailor Makes His Underage Apprentice Kneel Under The Sun For Coming Late - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tailor Makes His Underage Apprentice Kneel Under The Sun For Coming Late (2199 Views)

Oshiomhole Makes His Entrance To APC Enugu Rally Amidst Shouts Of "Oshiobaba" / Oshiomhole Jogs As He Makes His Way To The Stage At An Event (Video) / Umahi Orders Soldiers To Flog Civil Servants In Ebonyi For Coming Late (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tailor Makes His Underage Apprentice Kneel Under The Sun For Coming Late by 9jahotblog: 5:23am On Apr 22, 2019
Tailor makes his underage apprentice kneel under the sun for late coming after school in #Auchi, Edo State. �: @sg_y419

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxJtGeW4YAs

Re: Tailor Makes His Underage Apprentice Kneel Under The Sun For Coming Late by Redoil: 5:39am On Apr 22, 2019
Nigerians are naturally late comers to work event etc espcailly the female species in our mist
Re: Tailor Makes His Underage Apprentice Kneel Under The Sun For Coming Late by Olalan(m): 5:44am On Apr 22, 2019
How did the recorder know the offence committed by the boy? Cause he seems like a passer by in a car.
Re: Tailor Makes His Underage Apprentice Kneel Under The Sun For Coming Late by jullidee2006: 5:59am On Apr 22, 2019
its called training.. let's stop complaining

2 Likes

Re: Tailor Makes His Underage Apprentice Kneel Under The Sun For Coming Late by 9jahotblog: 6:05am On Apr 22, 2019
cc lalasticlala cc mynd44 cc OAM4J cc fynestboi
Re: Tailor Makes His Underage Apprentice Kneel Under The Sun For Coming Late by jidamsel43(m): 6:16am On Apr 22, 2019
Three is no big deal here, as long as it will instill discipline in the learner
Re: Tailor Makes His Underage Apprentice Kneel Under The Sun For Coming Late by Joshmodest(m): 6:21am On Apr 22, 2019
Surprisingly everybody above me see absolutely nothing in wrong in asking a little child who came late to kneel down in the sun , all in the name of learning a skill !!!!
I don't mean to be tribalistic, but this is very common in the South West. when they have an apprentice he/she must sweep thier house , wash thier clothes , pick thier kids from school , and all types of menial jobs , that have no relation with the work they came to learn.
No matter what that child must have done , this is purely child abuse , and nothing to do with training whatsoever....can the oga punish his /her child like that, even if it's your child it's still child abuse ....
People should learn that because you suffered in the hands of your oga doesn't mean you should suffer another person...and anyone learning work under u is an apprentice and not a slave !!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tailor Makes His Underage Apprentice Kneel Under The Sun For Coming Late by chiommy123(f): 6:25am On Apr 22, 2019
He's underaged so its part of training and discipline. That Oga can't try it with a matured person
Re: Tailor Makes His Underage Apprentice Kneel Under The Sun For Coming Late by obailala(m): 6:34am On Apr 22, 2019
What exactly is wrong with this?

Everybody wants to become that girl that videod little Success by force so they can collect N2million from Prophet Jeremiah a.k.a Warri TB joshua grin

How else do you train children?... Would the person videoing have preferred the little boy to be beaten up, or maybe just given a pat on the back and congratulations for coming late to work?... Nonsense!
Re: Tailor Makes His Underage Apprentice Kneel Under The Sun For Coming Late by obailala(m): 6:45am On Apr 22, 2019
Joshmodest:
Surprisingly everybody above me see absolutely nothing in wrong in asking a little child who came late to kneel down in the sun , all in the name of learning a skill !!!!
I don't mean to be tribalistic, but this is very common in the South West. when they have an apprentice he/she must sweep thier house , wash thier clothes , pick thier kids from school , and all types of menial jobs , that have no relation with the work they came to learn.
No matter what that child must have done , this is purely child abuse , and nothing to do with training whatsoever....can the oga punish his /her child like that, even if it's your child it's still child abuse ....
People should learn that because you suffered in the hands of your oga doesn't mean you should suffer another person...and anyone learning work under u is an apprentice and not a slave !!!
Oga, i dont mean to be rude but I just have to point out that everysingle thing you've said here is absolutely pointless, right from calling it child abuse to bizarrely turning it into a tribal thing.

You probably have lived all your life in the SW, in the midst of Yorubas, that's the reason you have absolutely no clue how people of other tribes train their kids and apprentices; that's the reason you think it's a Yoruba thing for people to discipline kids. Which other tribe in Nigeria has the apprenticeship scheme more than the Igbos?... Most of these apprentices are taken along and start learning the trade from as little as 7-10years old; how exactly do you think those apprentices are disciplined when they fall short?... Beating?.. or just a pat on the back and congratulations?

Yes we know know a lot of people abuse kids and even their adult wards, but how exactly is asking a child who misbehaves to kneel down child abuse?.... We want to copy the oyibos in everything but then we always like to go overboard when doing our own 'copy copy'. We've copied the culture of sparing the rod on kids, now you also want to advocate for not asking kids to kneel down?
Re: Tailor Makes His Underage Apprentice Kneel Under The Sun For Coming Late by Joshmodest(m): 6:55am On Apr 22, 2019
obailala:
Oga, i dont mean to be rude but I just have to point out that everysingle thing you've said here is absolutely pointless, right from calling it child abuse to bizarrely turning it into a tribal thing.

You probably have lived all your life in the SW, in the midst of Yorubas, that's the reason you have absolutely no clue that this is exactly the treatment Igbo apprentists teceive everyday when they fall short. Which other tribe in Nigeria has the apprenticeship scheme more than the Igbos?... Most of these apprentices are taken along and start learning the trade from as little as 7-10years old; how exactly do you those apprentices are disciplined when they fall short?... Beating?.. or just a pat on the back and congratulations?

Yes we know know a lot of people abuse kids and even their adult wards, but how exactly is asking a child who misbehaves to kneel down child abuse?.... We want to copy the oyibos in everything but then we always like to go overboard when doing our 'copy copy'. We've copied the culture of sparing the rod on kids, now you also want to advocate for not asking kids to kneel down?

Bossman I really don't intend to be rude , but every single thing you've posted here is lawma material !!
How can you tell me asking a child to kneel e under the hot sun , because he came late isn't child abuse, he's learning a skill , probably paying for it. He/she is not slave ...
I've stayed in the east and the North , I've not seen where apprentices are treated , the way I've seen them been treated in the south west , Abeokuta and Lagos to be precise ....they basically use those kids , even teenagers of almost 19. as slaves that's the reason many abscond in the course of learning the skill...
Nobody takes care of apprentices , like the East .... after your learning , they even settle you with your own shop ....in the West here you'll still be paying some stupid freedom fee, to the "oga ", while looking for money to start your own shop....
Now if it's normal to you it's not to me , and if you indulge in the act of physically abusing kids all in the name of learning a skill, or know anyone who does , pls tell them to desist , it's all shades of wrong !!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tailor Makes His Underage Apprentice Kneel Under The Sun For Coming Late by obailala(m): 7:07am On Apr 22, 2019
Joshmodest:

Bossman I really don't intend to be rude , but every single thing you've posted here is lawma material !!
How can you tell me asking a child to kneel e under the hot sun , because he came late isn't child abuse, he's learning a skill , probably paying for it. He/she is not slave ...
I've stayed in the east and the North , I've not seen where apprentices are treated , the way I've seen them been treated in the south west , Abeokuta and Lagos to be precise ....they basically use those kids , even teenagers of almost 19. as slaves that's the reason many abscond in the course of learning the skill...
Nobody takes care of apprentices , like the East .... after your learning , they even settle you with your own shop ....in the West here you'll still be paying some stupid freedom fee, to the "oga ", while looking for money to start your own shop....
Now if it's normal to you it's not to me , and if you indulge in the act of physically abusing kids all in the name of learning a skill, or know anyone who does , pls tell them to desist , it's all shades of wrong !!
There's absolutely nothing abusive about asking a child to kneel down for doing something wrong. End of discussion!
Re: Tailor Makes His Underage Apprentice Kneel Under The Sun For Coming Late by Joshmodest(m): 7:12am On Apr 22, 2019
obailala:
There's absolutely nothing abusive about asking a child to kneel down for doing something wrong. End of discussion!
Kindly add under the hot sun ! Have a lovely day sir !
Re: Tailor Makes His Underage Apprentice Kneel Under The Sun For Coming Late by NobleAngell(f): 7:29am On Apr 22, 2019
I can't count how many times i have knelt down under hot sun during my secondary school days whenever i did something wrong. Its called punishment. So what exactly is wrong?
Re: Tailor Makes His Underage Apprentice Kneel Under The Sun For Coming Late by verifiablefacts: 7:38am On Apr 22, 2019
Joshmodest:
so you wanted it to be under AC abi?
Re: Tailor Makes His Underage Apprentice Kneel Under The Sun For Coming Late by Joshmodest(m): 7:41am On Apr 22, 2019
verifiablefacts:

Are they running roadside business , them no get shop ?
if your son misbehaves will you move him out of your room , and ask him to kneel down on the road ??
if the answer is yes, it's pure wickedness and child abuse .
if no. why do it to someone else's child
Re: Tailor Makes His Underage Apprentice Kneel Under The Sun For Coming Late by DesChyko: 7:49am On Apr 22, 2019
Punctuality is the soul of business.
But the real story here is how somebody passing by in his/her car managed to know all these shocked
Did the news somehow make it to the car stereo? cheesy
Re: Tailor Makes His Underage Apprentice Kneel Under The Sun For Coming Late by 9jahotblog: 8:28am On Apr 22, 2019
NobleAngell:
I can't count how many times i have knelt down under hot sun during my secondary school days whenever i did something wrong. Its called punishment. So what exactly is wrong?
lol so you are very stubborn in your secondary school days. hmmmm.
Re: Tailor Makes His Underage Apprentice Kneel Under The Sun For Coming Late by NobleAngell(f): 8:30am On Apr 22, 2019
9jahotblog:
lol so you are very stubborn in your secondary school days. hmmmm.
Not really o. I was gentle, those teachers were just jealous of my gentility. grin
Re: Tailor Makes His Underage Apprentice Kneel Under The Sun For Coming Late by 9jahotblog: 10:55am On Apr 22, 2019
NobleAngell:
Not really o. I was gentle, those teachers were just jealous of my gentility. grin
lol you are lieing jare. stop your lies here hmmmm.
Re: Tailor Makes His Underage Apprentice Kneel Under The Sun For Coming Late by grandstar(m): 11:11am On Apr 22, 2019
obailala:

You probably have lived all your life in the SW, in the midst of Yorubas, that's the reason you have absolutely no clue how people of other tribes train their kids and apprentices; that's the reason you think it's a Yoruba thing for people to discipline kids. Which other tribe in Nigeria has the apprenticeship scheme more than the Igbos?... Most of these apprentices are taken along and start learning the trade from as little as 7-10years old; how exactly do you think those apprentices are disciplined when they fall short?... Beating?.. or just a pat on the back and congratulations?

Yes we know know a lot of people abuse kids and even their adult wards, but how exactly is asking a child who misbehaves to kneel down child abuse?.... We want to copy the oyibos in everything but then we always like to go overboard when doing our own 'copy copy'. We've copied the culture of sparing the rod on kids, now you also want to advocate for not asking kids to kneel down?

I'm Yoruba and I quite agree some abuse goes on. It is only with mechanics I've noticed it(beating with anything that can stand for cane) though so can not speak authoritatively about other professions such as tailoring as I have never noticed abuse there
Re: Tailor Makes His Underage Apprentice Kneel Under The Sun For Coming Late by obailala(m): 11:37am On Apr 22, 2019
grandstar:

I'm Yoruba and I quite agree some abuse goes on. It is only with mechanics I've noticed it(beating with anything that can stand for cane) though so can not speak authoritatively about other professions such as tailoring as I have never noticed abuse there
I dont really think these things have anything to do with tribe; I may be wrong though. But then again, asking an erring child to kneel down, I still struggle to see how that's 'abuse'; kneeling down isnt exactly the same as "beating with anything that can stand for cane"
Re: Tailor Makes His Underage Apprentice Kneel Under The Sun For Coming Late by obailala(m): 11:41am On Apr 22, 2019
Joshmodest:

verifiablefacts:

I wonder oo... Maybe I should ask the child to kneel down in a chilled room with split unit ACs running on jet mode. grin Maybe that would make the punishment more effective for a child that's always stubborn.

Personally, I never heard of the sun killing or physically hurting anybody.
Re: Tailor Makes His Underage Apprentice Kneel Under The Sun For Coming Late by TANID(m): 12:40pm On Apr 22, 2019
That One Na Old Skul Taylor
Re: Tailor Makes His Underage Apprentice Kneel Under The Sun For Coming Late by BlackfireX: 1:09pm On Apr 22, 2019
So if he is an apprentice to a mechanic, what will happen to him??
Re: Tailor Makes His Underage Apprentice Kneel Under The Sun For Coming Late by 9jahotblog: 3:50pm On Apr 22, 2019
TANID:
That One Na Old Skul Taylor
lol what of the new school one.

(1) (Reply)

Bandits Kill 30, Burn Houses, Animals In Two Katsina Villages / Nigeria To Create New States / IPOB Member Killed His Father For Being A Saboteur.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.