Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,748 members, 7,809,862 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:12 PM

Buhari Is The Solution, Not Jonathan - Rev Moses Iloh - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Is The Solution, Not Jonathan - Rev Moses Iloh (2897 Views)

Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production / Why Can’t Christians Produce A Buhari? – Rev. Moses Iloh / Reverend Moses Iloh: A Cleric's View On Presidential Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Is The Solution, Not Jonathan - Rev Moses Iloh by 9ijaMan: 8:29pm On Sep 16, 2010
Dr. Moses Iloh, the former National Publicity Secretary of the Christian Association of Nigeria, has described President Goodluck Jonathan as somebody who cannot fight corruption in Nigeria, and so his candidacy for the 2011 presidential elections should be rejected by Nigerians.

Rev. Iloh, who is a member of the National Olympic Committee (NOC) and three-time Chairman of the Nigeria Cycling Federation, at a press conference said: “I am saying it to you that he cannot fight corruption. Quote me loud and clear. I am looking for somebody who will fight corruption but he cannot.

“He can be president; anybody can be president of Nigeria but I am recommending to Nigerians somebody who can tame this monster. The country is in a mess. I don’t think the present president can fight corruption.”

While speaking about his support for Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (rtd), Iloh said: “I have tried to look at all the presidential candidates to find out which one has the courage to confront this monstrosity called fraud and corruption. The only one I found out and I am recommending him to Nigerians is Muhannadu Buhari.

“Nigeria is suffering from leukemia as a nation and has for decades been unconsciously dwindling in strength and health. The 2011 elections provide only one of two options.

“Records show up Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (rtd) as the most competent and suitable presidential candidate for Nigeria’s desperate need. Nigerians should support him by showing up en masse to vote for him. His tribe, religion, state, region etc notwithstanding, he is the right candidate.

“It is the expectation of dejected, angry and desperate Nigerians that the coming elections will be the fairest since the one that elected Chief M.K.O. Abiola. We should not bluster the opportunity of using it to start a new journey and phase of life for a truly healthy, democratic and disciplined Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Is The Solution, Not Jonathan - Rev Moses Iloh by 9ijaMan: 8:31pm On Sep 16, 2010
Finally someone makes a statement eschewing tribalism, nepotism and religious bigotry.
Re: Buhari Is The Solution, Not Jonathan - Rev Moses Iloh by mbulela: 9:51pm On Sep 16, 2010
Finally, a real man has spoken.
unfortunately, Buhari will not win for obvious reasons.
Re: Buhari Is The Solution, Not Jonathan - Rev Moses Iloh by marvix(m): 10:56pm On Sep 16, 2010
Buhari is the man but we can not allow this opportunity that we have to move away from the old breed to slip by us.

If Buhari can get Duke for a deputy it would be a tough contest for Jonathan.

Buhari may be the solution but to me his time is past this is the time of young minds, Jonathan epitomises it, Jonathan is almost our equivalent of Obama, who ever thought that a Niger Deltan would be in top contention for the presidency.

Can we imagine if Yaradua was alive and decided not to contest a second term Jonathan would not have a chance in hell, but today see where we are.

Good people the time has come for Buhari to step down honourably for Jonathan and give him the necessary support he needs and consider playing a role in the govt, If Buhari believes he has something to offer he should kindly pick a senatorial seat and represent his people at the national level and help the nation by whistle blowing, we all know that the corruption in the National Assembly stinks to the high heavens and this corruption is not even productive.
Re: Buhari Is The Solution, Not Jonathan - Rev Moses Iloh by mbulela: 11:05pm On Sep 16, 2010
^^^
Jonathan epitomises the same old medocrity and cluless leadership that this country has been saddled with over most of the last 50 years.
According to Mr. Goodluck ", to tell you the truth at all times, to carry you along and most importantly to listen to you, " If Jonathan is so down-to-earth with humility, he should listen to Nigerians and stop the purchase of three presidential jets in the face of dire poverty. Using part of the money to pay Nigerian workers. Workers have been whispering to the president to pay up the new salary increment he hiked up lately with inception from 1st July. A leader who has sound emotional intelligence and listens to Nigerian workers would not wait until workers start shouting before he takes action. Nigerians in their churns have been screaming for the sack of Farida Waziri from EFCC, but the president keep looking the other way. We warned the president then, not to give National Honours to criminal Adams and Eves in Nigeria. But he downplayed our collective importance, by tagging us as the insignificant others and went on to dole honours to those who're not due. Nigerians would be naive to believe that Jonathan who refused to hearken to them as a short-time president, would listen to them when he is given four full years to rigmarole and knock-about in world capitals.young or old,is irrelevant.what we need is purposeful leadership that will lead this country along a path of drastic change.
the juncture we find ourselves is too critical for the usual crap.

all this talk about young generation is irritating.after all Dimeji Bankole is young and he is no better than the old thieves.
Re: Buhari Is The Solution, Not Jonathan - Rev Moses Iloh by Abagworo(m): 11:18pm On Sep 16, 2010
I won't deny the fact that "Buhari is the best President nigeria will never have".Jonathan is however the winner.
Re: Buhari Is The Solution, Not Jonathan - Rev Moses Iloh by marvix(m): 11:18pm On Sep 16, 2010
@Mbulela, does sacking the head of an anti corruption agency because people who dont even understand the workings of the agency say so shows that the president is performing, look at it this way Pilate listened to the people and crucified an innocent man and release a thief.
So Jonathan not listening to noise been made by Nigerians who dont understand the role of the EFCC in a democracy can not be a draw back for him.

I feel very disappointed when educated men like you sound uneducated, do you really think that buying three presidential jets can hinder the salary hike, come to think of it,if it is the money to be used in purchase of jets that would be used to implement the salary raise then we can as well forget it because that amount can not take the salary raise for six months.
All I am trying to say is that a budget for one item should not be seen as a hindrance to another, just like Jonathan has said the salary hike is in the supplementary budget and once passed by the senate the workers would be paid in Arrears from July.
If we must grow we must stop this local mentality that because a govt spends on defence, education must suffer, that is what Yaradua preached in his 7point agenda.

Building institutions is more important than any other thing in a nation.

Dimeji Bankole is not Goodluck Jonathan!!!
Re: Buhari Is The Solution, Not Jonathan - Rev Moses Iloh by Nobody: 11:21pm On Sep 16, 2010
Buhari does not even deserve to run a countrty in the mold of Iran or Afghanistan let alone a very complex country like Nigeria.
Re: Buhari Is The Solution, Not Jonathan - Rev Moses Iloh by mbulela: 11:33pm On Sep 16, 2010
marvix:

@Mbulela, does sacking the head of an anti corruption agency because people who dont even understand the workings of the agency say so shows that the president is performing, look at it this way Pilate listened to the people and crucified an innocent man and release a thief.
So Jonathan not listening to noise been made by Nigerians who dont understand the role of the EFCC in a democracy can not be a draw back for him.

I feel very disappointed when educated men like you sound uneducated, do you really think that buying three presidential jets can hinder the salary hike, come to think of it,if it is the money to be used in purchase of jets that would be used to implement the salary raise then we can as well forget it because that amount can not take the salary raise for six months.
All I am trying to say is that a budget for one item should not be seen as a hindrance to another, just like Jonathan has said the salary hike is in the supplementary budget and once passed by the senate the workers would be paid in Arrears from July.
If we must grow we must stop this local mentality that because a govt spends on defence, education must suffer, that is what Yaradua preached in his 7point agenda.

Building institutions is more important than any other thing in a nation.

Dimeji Bankole is not Goodluck Jonathan!!!
you might sound educated but your arguments are never convincing and always seem all over the place.
Dude, you do not waste money buying three presidential jets in the face of more pressing problems in the country.
who complained about spending money on defence?
why can't he fly commercial airlines?
David Cameroun flies commercial, after all.
buying three jets smacks of insincerity in the present clime.
it is in the same class of sin like those barbarians in the NASS increasing their quarterly legal loot.
What institution is Jonathan building?
Re: Buhari Is The Solution, Not Jonathan - Rev Moses Iloh by mbulela: 11:36pm On Sep 16, 2010
mikeansy:

Buhari does not even deserve to run a countrty in the mold of Iran or Afghanistan let alone a very complex country like Nigeria.

Bros, Afghanistan is a rough and complex place o!
Re: Buhari Is The Solution, Not Jonathan - Rev Moses Iloh by marvix(m): 12:09am On Sep 17, 2010
Mbulela u must undastand dat all national issues are all pressing. That Cameron flies commercial does not mean our president must go commercial.

Do you think for real that if all our money is budgeted for development purposes all our problems wld disappear.

I don't intend to use this thread to justify the jets as I bliv anoda thread exists already for that.

The task of nation building will always be Work In Progress u neva can finish building roads, or economy, salaries can not remain stagnant and so on.

The american president has a jet, the UK prime minista goes commercial d Nigerian leada opts 4 a private jet that does not make him a gr8 leada lik Obama and does not also imply dat he is inept.
Re: Buhari Is The Solution, Not Jonathan - Rev Moses Iloh by Beaf: 12:16am On Sep 17, 2010
mbulela:

you might sound educated but your arguments are never convincing and always seem all over the place.
Dude, you do not waste money buying three presidential jets in the face of more pressing problems in the country.
who complained about spending money on defence?
why can't he fly commercial airlines?
David Cameroun flies commercial, after all.
buying three jets smacks of insincerity in the present clime.
it is in the same class of sin like those barbarians in the NASS increasing their quarterly legal loot.
What institution is Jonathan building?

Cameron might fly in commercial jets, but there is a whole Airforce Squadron [/b]dedicated to him and the Royal Family - No. 32 (The Royal) Squadron; http://www.royal.gov.uk/TheRoyalHousehold/Transport/Royalairtravel.aspx.
The argument that Cameron flies commercially only, is quite weak and lacking credit. In fact, it is simply beer palour talk and that just kills your whole argument.

The primary role of 32 (The Royal) Squadron's is to provide support in operational theatres for the Ministry of Defence. Any spare capacity on the aircraft is offered to the Royal Family, [b]the Prime Minister and senior Ministers. Royal flying accounts for less than 20% of the combined tasking of both the BAe 146 and the HS125.

http://www.royal.gov.uk/TheRoyalHousehold/Transport/Royalairtravel.aspx.

History here; http://www.raf.mod.uk/organisation/32squadron.cfm
Re: Buhari Is The Solution, Not Jonathan - Rev Moses Iloh by marvix(m): 12:27am On Sep 17, 2010
That's right beaf. But let's not go into d issue of presidential jets.

Buhari needs to work hard, presidency of Nigeria is not 4 wishful thinkers, if u must win in a game u shld be able 2 play d game so if Buhari wants to win this political game he must know how to play politics.

You can't b rigid and rule in a democracy, his rigidity even cost him his dictatorship, ibb knos hw 2 play politics, dats y he is still relevant in 1999 he single handedly bankrolled Obj on us, in 2003 he was also on Objs side in 2007 he decided against runnin because he knew he cldnt win obj and now his time has come 4 his failure because d man he wants 2 underate is the one destined 2 rubbish him.

Back 2 d topic no one man can b d solution to nigerias problem, its a colective responsibility of all, we must all shun corruption, starting from d churches, then d local communities
Re: Buhari Is The Solution, Not Jonathan - Rev Moses Iloh by hercules07: 2:37am On Sep 17, 2010
In a free and fair election Buhari will win, the North will rather Buhari than Jonathan, we know the elections will not be free, so, we are left with to choose the very bad (Jonathan) and the worst (Babangida). May God help this nation.
Re: Buhari Is The Solution, Not Jonathan - Rev Moses Iloh by 9ijaMan: 3:16am On Sep 17, 2010
hercules07:

In a free and fair election Buhari will win, the North will rather Buhari than Jonathan, we know the elections will not be free, so, we are left with to choose the very bad (Jonathan) and the worst (Babangida). May God help this nation.

@Hercules,
You've just hit the nail right on its head. The discussions this far smacks of a generation that does not know what it wants. On the one hand we want 9ja to evolve and compete amongst the best of 9ations in terms of economic power and infrastructural development through a leader who's sincere and ready to battle corruption head on. Buhari appears to be a man with such an integrity based on his past performance. While on the other hand we are admitting that he cannot get there because he does not know how to play the game or because we only have the choice between very bad and worse.

Perhaps it's safe to conclude that we (9jans) deserve the kind of leaders we are getting.
Re: Buhari Is The Solution, Not Jonathan - Rev Moses Iloh by mensdept: 4:04am On Sep 17, 2010
Well, its fair to say that we are entitled to our opinions. Other than that, what some people have written here is just RUBBISH

Thank goodness the "Rev" doesnt have the sole power to make decisions in Nigeria, and frankly, this is why religion and state should have a boundary between them.

If he said GEJ could not offer much and cant fight corruption and stop there, kudos, but that BUHARI is the solution is disappointing.

We are going on 2011 and folks here are saying bring back 1983, maybe 1985. LOL

This is our "old" mentality
Re: Buhari Is The Solution, Not Jonathan - Rev Moses Iloh by hercules07: 4:20am On Sep 17, 2010
I really do not care if my President comes from the last Century, I just need someone who will lead us out of this rot.
Re: Buhari Is The Solution, Not Jonathan - Rev Moses Iloh by 9ijaMan: 4:40am On Sep 17, 2010
hercules07:

I really do not care if my President comes from the last Century, I just need someone who will lead us out of this rot.

I share the same opinion. I do care if the next president comes from the stone age, all we need is someone who's sincere enough to fight corruption head on. GEJ does not strike me as someone who wii be able to do so. Babalola one of his ministers just resigned on "health grouds" simply because he spoke the truth about NNPC's bankruptcy. GEJ's campaign helms men are rouges and theifs in their respective states: Gebenga Daniels in Ogun, Alao Akala in Oyo, Gabriel Suswan in Benue, Imoke in C/Rivers and the list goes on. Daniel Kanu, Abacha's One Million man match coordinator, is also one GEJ's ocordinators list. How can he fight corruption when he's in bed with these rogues?

Perhaps all the GEJ apologists in the house should know that the elections will not be carried out on pages of NL and FB, !
Re: Buhari Is The Solution, Not Jonathan - Rev Moses Iloh by KnowAll(m): 8:45am On Sep 17, 2010
[size=14pt]Buhari should have taking care of IBB and Abacha back in the days, those were the guys that f***kEd him up. If he had done that then, today we would be living in an El-dorado and he would be feted and reverred throughout the land. His Presidential ambition went up in smoke the day he was over thrown from power. Only simpletons and weaklings are caught in that inglorius web called palace coup. Can you imagine being caged like a rat by your subordinates.

Palace coup is the worse kind of coup, to the perpetuators you are one big buffon and mugu. To yourself and your family you are a disgrace, if you cannot take care of your own welbeing how would it be possible for you to take care of 150 million Nigerians[/size]. undecided
Re: Buhari Is The Solution, Not Jonathan - Rev Moses Iloh by hercules07: 9:01am On Sep 17, 2010
@Knowall

If we are to go by your assertions, then IBB is a simpleton too because Abacha effectively schemed him out in a palace coup. The Nigeria Army of the 80s was filled with coup plotters, the overthrow of the Idiagbon/Buhari regime involved more than the Army, Abiola was involved and I will not put it beyond the CIA to be involved as well. Please ask Jarus to furnish you with the article by Sanusi on Buhari's regime. In an ideal world, we will like to break away from these people, in a realistic world, we have to go for the least of all evils and I think Buhari is that man.
Re: Buhari Is The Solution, Not Jonathan - Rev Moses Iloh by 9ijaMan: 9:06am On Sep 17, 2010
KnowAll:

[size=14pt] To yourself and your family you are a disgrace, if you cannot take care of your own welbeing how would it be possible for you to take care of 150 million Nigerians[/size]. undecided

By this submission, GEJ is worse off, since he's unable to control his wife. How else can one explain her agbero manners?
Re: Buhari Is The Solution, Not Jonathan - Rev Moses Iloh by KnowAll(m): 9:22am On Sep 17, 2010
If we are to go by your assertions, then IBB is a simpleton too because Abacha effectively schemed him out in a palace coup. The Nigeria Army of the 80s was filled with coup plotters, the overthrow of the Idiagbon/Buhari regime involved more than the Army, Abiola was involved and I will not put it beyond the CIA to be involved as well. Please ask Jarus to furnish you with the article by Sanusi on Buhari's regime. In an ideal world, we will like to break away from these people, in a realistic world, we have to go for the least of all evils and I think Buhari is that man.

[size=14pt]I would not be drawn into some childish conspiracy theories no matter what. The whole world knew Ernest Shonekan took over from IBB and Abacha took over from Shonekan, any other tales from moonlight is a hearsay and not a fact that cannot and should not be admissible in any court worth its salt.[/size]
Re: Buhari Is The Solution, Not Jonathan - Rev Moses Iloh by KnowAll(m): 9:25am On Sep 17, 2010
By this submission, GEJ is worse off, since he's unable to control his wife. How else can one explain her agbero manners?

[size=14pt]Jonathan has finally grown some balls with the service chief change over. He is in the driving seat of his destiny now whilst b4 he was driven by Dambazzau like a Zombie.[/size]
Re: Buhari Is The Solution, Not Jonathan - Rev Moses Iloh by 9ijaMan: 9:41am On Sep 17, 2010
KnowAll:

[size=14pt]Jonathan has finally grown some balls with the service chief change over. He is in the driving seat of his destiny now whilst b4 he was driven by Dambazzau like a Zombie.[/size]

Firing Dambazau & the others can be done by any dumb president and does not require growing "balls". Go and read your history books to confirm. Until GEJ is able to control his wife and by extension his household, he has no business in Aso rock beyond May 29, 2011.
Re: Buhari Is The Solution, Not Jonathan - Rev Moses Iloh by KnowAll(m): 9:48am On Sep 17, 2010
Firing Dambazau & the others can be done by any dumb president and does not require growing "balls". Go and read your history books to confirm. Until GEJ is able to control his wife and by extension his household, he has no business in Aso rock beyond May 29, 2011.

[size=14pt]There is a programme on TV in the UK, the Weakest Link, Dambazzau was the weakest link in Jonathan’s regime. A good leader should be able to identify the weakest link in his regime and cut it away the way you cut cancer infected cell away from healthy ones.[/size]
Re: Buhari Is The Solution, Not Jonathan - Rev Moses Iloh by Beaf: 9:58am On Sep 17, 2010
9ijaMan:

You sound so much like a hate filled loser. You come across so much like Tanko Yakasai or Kanti Bello, who simply hate Jonathan because they are shameless tribal bigots.
Talking stup!dly about a mans household and family shows you lack respect for yours.

There is no need saying things that are borderline foolish or outright dishonest, because you are opposed to a candidate (for whatever reason). The removal of the service chiefs and their replacement with not just a much junior officer, but one of Igbo stock, amounts to nothing short of a coup. Only kids think it is less.
Re: Buhari Is The Solution, Not Jonathan - Rev Moses Iloh by 9ijaMan: 10:40am On Sep 17, 2010
Beaf:

You sound so much like a hate filled loser. You come across so much like Tanko Yakasai or Kanti Bello, who simply hate Jonathan because they are shameless tribal bigots.
Talking stup!dly about a mans household and family shows you lack respect for yours.

There is no need saying things that are borderline foolish or outright dishonest, because you are opposed to a candidate (for whatever reason). The removal of the service chiefs and their replacement with not just a much junior officer, but one of Igbo stock, amounts to nothing short of a coup. Only kids think it is less.

I will not stoop so low as to join issues with you. I also feel it is not absolutely necessary you give comments on every issue. If someone is paying you to run after every single person (on web blogs) who stands against GEJ's candidacy, it's a pity that individual is wasting so much resources as you are not worthy a dime. When issues are being discussed, you either make reasonable contribution or you standby and be a spectator. Stop being absolutely childish!
Re: Buhari Is The Solution, Not Jonathan - Rev Moses Iloh by 9ijaMan: 10:48am On Sep 17, 2010
Just to also correct your shalowness about the military history in 9ja, virtually every new changes made to military chiefs have been done with officers with lower ranks. So it's nothing new. Hardly has a service chief been replaced with the very next in line officer when a new president/head of state come into power. Go and read you history books.
Talking about tribal bigotry, you seemed to be the only person mentioning tribes. Who cares if an Igbo or Ijaw man becomes the COAS? If GEJ feels more comfy with the new COAS, I care less about his tribe or faith. The fact (which you rantings and ramblings cannot change) remains that every president in the past have always changed the service chiefs whenever they come into power.
Re: Buhari Is The Solution, Not Jonathan - Rev Moses Iloh by seunmsg(m): 11:12am On Sep 17, 2010

For God sake must we go this low just to make a point? If you have a good reason for opposing Jonathan, lay it out straight and stop attacking his wife and immediate family
Re: Buhari Is The Solution, Not Jonathan - Rev Moses Iloh by Beaf: 11:18am On Sep 17, 2010
9ijaMan:

I will not stoop so low as to join issues with you. I also feel it is not absolutely necessary you give comments on every issue. If someone is paying you to run after every single person (on web blogs) who stands against GEJ's candidacy, it's a pity that individual is wasting so much resources as you are not worthy a dime. When issues are being discussed, you either make reasonable contribution or you standby and be a spectator. Stop being absolutely childish!

9ijaMan:

Just to also correct your shalowness about the military history in 9ja, virtually every new changes made to military chiefs have been done with officers with lower ranks. So it's nothing new. Hardly has a service chief been replaced with the very next in line officer when a new president/head of state come into power. Go and read you history books.
Talking about tribal bigotry, you seemed to be the only person mentioning tribes. Who cares if an Igbo or Ijaw man becomes the COAS? If GEJ feels more comfy with the new COAS, I care less about his tribe or faith. The fact (which you rantings and ramblings cannot change) remains that every president in the past have always changed the service chiefs whenever they come into power.

You will not stoop low, yet you are from the gutter? shocked shocked shocked
I thought you said I wasn't worth the time? But I guess the truth is so bitter, you just had come back at me again! Thats what pain does, sometimes it makes even grown men cry. grin grin grin

Dude, you're strangely funny, maybe even weird (but we get that with the average IBB fanboys). That is why you set politics aside to attack a mans household and family, displaying, not just poor judgement, but poor upbringing as well. For you, politics is a motor pack tout style fight in the gutter, no respect either for yourself or your opponent. Shame.

Go to your so called history (which has failed you) and tell me what civilian, from Balewa to the present has had the guts to fell 35 generals in one swoop. Of course, you can't, cos none has. All you can do is open your gutter and abuse other peoples families like an !diot.

Dude rest, your battery is dead.
Re: Buhari Is The Solution, Not Jonathan - Rev Moses Iloh by marocguy(m): 11:27am On Sep 17, 2010
who's this moses iloh of a guy, does he deserve to be on d news, buhari sef no even work. he'll jeep contesting till he's 90.
Re: Buhari Is The Solution, Not Jonathan - Rev Moses Iloh by marocguy(m): 11:30am On Sep 17, 2010
who's this moses iloh of a guy, does he deserve to be on d news, buhari sef no even work. he'll keep contesting till he's 90.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2011: I’m Not Afraid Of Jonathan, Others – Ribadu / Ibb's Health Troubles North / The Failure Of African Leadership, Cause Of Africa's Problems

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.