Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,440 members, 7,819,622 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:22 PM

Nuhu Ribadu Declares His Intention To Join The Presidential Race - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nuhu Ribadu Declares His Intention To Join The Presidential Race (1038 Views)

Little Girl Tells Nuhu Gidado She Will Be A Deputy Gov Too / Chuka Umunna Declares Intention To Run For Labour Leadership In UK / Buhari Declares His Assets On Facebook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nuhu Ribadu Declares His Intention To Join The Presidential Race by Metalgong1(m): 1:48am On Sep 17, 2010
Ribadu dares Jonathan, IBB, joins presidential race
| Print | E-mail
Written by Okey Muogbo, Abuja
Friday, 17 September 2010

The former chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Mallam Nuhu Ribadu, on Thursday declared that he would vie for the presidency in 2011, less than 24 hours after President Goodluck Jonathan and the former military president, Ibrahim Babangida, did same.

In his characteristic manner, he insisted he was not intimidated by the power of incumbency enjoyed by President Jonathan, who is also an aspirant or the stature of those of other contenders like Generals Muhammadu Buhari and Ibrahim Babangida.

Ribadu, who is not known to be a card-carrying member of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), maintained sealed lips on the ticket on which he wishes to actualise his ambition, while confirming his interest in vying for the seat of number one citizen of the country to journalists in Abuja.

The former EFCC boss said he was inspired to be part of the team that was on the mission to rescue the country and place it on a new path of progress, even as he continues with necessary consultation before he publicly declares.

He said whatever ticket he chooses eventually must be national in outlook, but with the motive of saving the country from the perennial problems of corruption, insecurity and general backwardness.

Ribadu, unlike President Jonathan, promised to solve the lingering problems of insecurity and erratic power in the country if elected.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Declares His Intention To Join The Presidential Race by Metalgong1(m): 1:51am On Sep 17, 2010
The ball is now in the court of Nigerians . . .
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Declares His Intention To Join The Presidential Race by Golfer: 8:58am On Sep 17, 2010
Yes!!! finally a credible candidiate.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Declares His Intention To Join The Presidential Race by Nobody: 9:07am On Sep 17, 2010
viva the 'changer' grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Declares His Intention To Join The Presidential Race by Gbawe: 9:46am On Sep 17, 2010
Metalgong.:

The ball is now in the court of Nigerians . . .

Indeed . Nigeria and Nigerians never fail to amaze me. When Yar Adua was messing up badly we were all sure that , in 2011, we would all vote for someone who will not be as compromised , and thus rendered 'dead on arrival' , as our former President . Now it is bizaare to see Nigerians talking of IBB , Atiku and Jonathan as serious candidates . All these men , at best, have a mediocre and corrupt history as Nigerian leaders. We are a strange group of people. I would have thought , for all what we have gone through and for our unique problems, the choice of those who can lead us towards progress will be very unambigously obvious to Nigerians.

Nigeria may not survive another business as usual leader. All the candidates touted by the PDP so far (IBB, Atiku, Jonathan and Saraki) are business as usual leaders . Their style of leadership relys heavily on buying support , rather than reaching out to Nigerians sincerely and transparently , and then rewarding patronage with positions, contracts, "gifts", land , etc, etc. We desperately need to move away from this ASAP if Nigeria is to survive and thrive.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Declares His Intention To Join The Presidential Race by princekevo(m): 10:10am On Sep 17, 2010
Gbawe:

Indeed . Nigeria and Nigerians never fail to amaze me. When Yar Adua was messing up badly we were all sure that , in 2011, we would all vote for someone who will not be as compromised , and thus rendered 'dead on arrival' , as our former President . Now it is bizaare to see Nigerians talking of IBB , Atiku and Jonathan as serious candidates . All these men , at best, have a mediocre and corrupt history as Nigerian leaders. We are a strange group of people. I would have thought , for all what we have gone through and for our unique problems, the choice of those who can lead us towards progress will be very unambigously obvious to Nigerians.

Nigeria may not survive another business as usual leader. All the candidates touted by the PDP so far (IBB, Atiku, Jonathan and Saraki) are business as usual leaders . Their style of leadership relys heavily on buying support , rather than reaching out to Nigerians sincerely and transparently , and then rewarding patronage with positions, contracts, "gifts", land , etc, etc. We desperately need to move away from this ASAP if Nigeria is to survive and thrive.

Exactly my concern, but the youths are prepared to sell their future and that of their children for another 8years.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Declares His Intention To Join The Presidential Race by Beaf: 10:16am On Sep 17, 2010
Ribadu listed his priorities as security; effective power supply; free education; sound medical facilities; and collective leadership.

He said: "I want to immediately provide those basic things. They are so important to us. I must insist that we must have security immediately, instantly; there is no time to waste on that. I want to see that we can immediately solve the problem of power.

http://thenationonlineng.net/web3/news/13500.html

I am wondering how anybody can "[size=14pt]immediately[/size]" or "[size=14pt]instantly[/size]" provide security, effective power supply, free education, sound medical facilities? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Why the wild and unfulfillable promises?

Nuhu! You de make me fear!
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Declares His Intention To Join The Presidential Race by Nobody: 10:33am On Sep 17, 2010
Beaf:

Ribadu listed his priorities as security; effective power supply; free education; sound medical facilities; and collective leadership.

http://thenationonlineng.net/web3/news/13500.html

I am wondering how anybody can "[size=14pt]immediately[/size]" or "[size=14pt]instantly[/size]" provide security, effective power supply, free education, sound medical facilities? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Why the wild and unfulfillable promises?

Nuhu! You de make me fear!

this from the fellow who has been blathering about johnathans  remedying of fuel crises, phcn issues, security within 4 months cheesy cheesy cheesy

wetin we no go hear?

why is he still in your profile?

abeg commence your smear campaign - abi cat got your tongue - is ribadu not also an ibb boy cheesy cheesy cheesy

ribadu, carry go!  cheesy cheesy cheesy

lets her it from the gej crowd

[size=28pt]ribadu people , foolish people [/size] cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Free Education: Fayemi Is Deceiving Ekiti - Oni / Is Mallam Nuhu Ribadu A Political Pun To Obasanjo In Acn Against The North ? / Atiku Vs Jonathan: The Battle Of Two Ex-customs Officers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.