Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,517 members, 7,823,217 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:53 AM

I Never Investigated Patience Jonathan---------ribadu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Never Investigated Patience Jonathan---------ribadu (2696 Views)

Ex-Service Chiefs To Be Investigated Over Buhari’s 'Missing' Certificate / I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan / I Never Thought APC Would Last This Long – Okupe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Never Investigated Patience Jonathan---------ribadu by Nobody: 10:19am On Sep 17, 2010
Former Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFFC), Mallam Nuhu Ribabu, has finally confirmed his intention to contest in the 2011 presidential election, saying he wants to “remake” Nigeria.

He also dismissed the long-held belief that the EFCC investigated the First Lady, Dame Patience Jonathan, for money laundering.

Today, the presidential candidate of the defunct National Republican Convention (NRC) in the June 12, 1993 election, Alhaji Bashir Tofa, will launch his presidential bid on the platform of the All Nigeria Peoples Party (ANPP),

And in a novel gesture to woo support for his aspiration, former Vice-President Atiku Abubakar yesterday wrote letters to over 3,400 statutory delegates of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), including President Goodluck Jonathan, urging them to give him their votes in the party’s primary election.

Ribadu promised that Nigeria would become a new country within two years if he is elected. Although, Ribadu said he was yet to decide on which platform he would run, he passionately said he had a dream for a new Nigeria. He said he wants to see a "new thing, a fresh thing" and build a nation out of the country.

The former anti-corruption Czar made these known when he met with journalists in Abuja yesterday, promising a formal declaration later.

“I have a dream of a new Nigeria, a changed Nigeria; I want to see if there is a possibility of opening a new chapter and those who are in charge somehow certainly need to give chance for the country to move forward," he said.

His areas of priority, he said, would be security, fighting corruption, providing electricity, improving education, building hospitals and helping Nigeria become an industrialised nation.

Giving reasons why he is running at the federal level in spite of his little or no experience in politics, Ribadu said: “I have experience in public service. I put 25 years of my life into service to the Federal Government of Nigeria in the executive capacity. After that, of course, I served outside Nigeria, I worked and have acquired international experience.

“I had the chance to set up an agency and ran it for five years and I was in the economic team as well as a federal prosecutor, probably more than any other person in that capacity. I was a police officer, a public worker, I put all my life to service in the federal level and it is really natural for you to put all of that into where the experience best fits, yes I will contest for the presidency.”

Asked how he intends to fund his campaign, he explained that contributions from ordinary Nigerians would be used by his team.
[b]Ribadu also denied allegations that he mishandled a corruption case against Dame Patience, when her husband, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan, was governor of Bayelsa State.
He said that it was propaganda to taint his image and that of Jonathan during the 2007 polls.

Ribadu explained that the EFCC never handled any case against Patience. “The case had to do with a lady and a man who lodged huge sums of money in the bank. The EFCC was alerted by the bank and an investigation was carried out,” he said.
According to him, it was found that they legitimately earned the money through contracts executed in the state. All the reports in the media were lies, he insisted.

“For instance, it was initially reported that N70 million was lodged into the bank. Later, it was reported that the money ran into millions of dollars. Such was the extent of the lies,” he said, maintaining: “We never handled a case against Patience Jonathan.”
Meanwhile, Tofa is set to declare his presidential ambition on the platform of ANPP today in Abuja.
[/b]
The declaration which is billed to take place at Chelsea Hotel is expected to hold in the evening
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) yesterday nullified the positions of the two factions of the ANPP who have been fighting over the control of the party.

INEC, in a letter dated 15th September, 2010 and addressed to the Chairman of the convention committee, said the resolutions of the two factions of the party which took place on the 27th August and 2nd September, 2010 respectively were not supported by any provision in the constitution of the ANPP nor the Electoral Act as amended in 2010.

The commission said the two transition committees set up by both factions remained null and void, maintaining that it would deal strictly with the National Convention Planning Committee “until a new National Executive Committee is validly constituted”.

At a press conference to harmonise the positions of the two factions, Chairman of the convention committee and Governor of Yobe State, Ibrahim Gaidam, stated that both warring factions have all agreed to work together for the interest of the party.

He added that the suspension of the Sen. Muhammed Muhammed-led faction taken by the former National Chairman of the party, Chief Edwin Ume-Ezeoke, has been set aside, saying that they are now welcome back as bona fide members of the party.

Though INEC’s letter did not state categorically which of the convention committees it would recognise, the governor while presenting the position of the commission adopted the convention committee set by the Ume-Ezeoke’s faction with Chris Amah as the Secretary.

Meanwhile, Gaidam’s committee tentatively shifted the day of the convention by one day.
THISDAY checks revealed that the shift in the date from September 17-18 to 18-19 may not be unconnected with the decision of President Jonathan to declare tomorrow at the Eagle Square, the same venue ANPP intended to use for its national convention.

The meeting was attended by Borno State Governor, Senator Ali Modu Sheriff, Senator Kabir Gaya, Alhaji Gambo Maigaji, former Governors, John Odigie Oyegun, Audu Abubakar and Ahmed Yerima. Also in attendance were Prince Ebuta Ayuk, former Deputy Governor of Jigawa State, Hassan Hadeja, former Minister of State, Defence, Alhaji Abdulrahman Adamu among others. Presidential candidate of the party and Governor of Kano State, Alhaji Ibrahim Shekarau, was absent at the meeting.

In the meantime, among those expected to receive Atiku’s letters are Vice-President Namadi Sambo, Senate President David Mark and Speaker of the House of Representatives Dimeji Bankole.

Other recipients of the letter include governors, deputy governors, senators, members of the House of Representatives, state Houses of Assembly, local government council chairmen, PDP chairmen in the Local government councils and PDP state executive officers.

This is in line with the statutory delegate list published by THISDAY newspaper in the last four weeks, which was confirmed by the guidelines released by the PDP on Wednesday.

THISDAY calculates that there would be 3,400 delegates but the PDP is yet to come up with the official list which is not expected to be significantly different.

In the letter, Atiku said that delegates hold the key to the realisation of his vision of a prosperous, secure, peaceful, democratic, caring and confident Nigeria.

“I am seeking the presidency of our great country to chart a new course for our beloved country and lead our people to their manifest destiny,” Atiku wrote.

“We need to create millions of jobs to keep our youth gainfully employed and help to tackle the high level of insecurity in the country. We must invest in education, research and modern technology, and infrastructure so that our productivity can increase significantly. We have to improve on our healthcare delivery so that our people will no longer die needlessly.

“With your support, we will put in place attractive incentives for people to invest in our economy and create well-paying jobs. We will fix our crumbling schools, roads, and hospitals. We will fix the electricity problem by taking advantage of the varying energy resources and needs in different parts of the country.

“We will address desertification, gully erosion and other lingering environmental challenges. We will wage a genuine war on corruption by instituting a better reward and punishment system, ensuring true independence of the anti-corruption agencies and the speedy trial of corruption cases.

“This is the time for an experienced, committed and visionary leader to rescue our country from imminent collapse. I am ready to lead. Together, we can make good things happen for our people and our country,” he said.
Re: I Never Investigated Patience Jonathan---------ribadu by Nobody: 10:20am On Sep 17, 2010
I hope this puts to rest the corruption toga levelled against Jonathan's wife.
Re: I Never Investigated Patience Jonathan---------ribadu by Beaf: 10:23am On Sep 17, 2010
[size=33pt]Nice!
Chai! . . .Gbawe & oyb will die of pain o!!!!!
[/size]

[size=64pt]Goodluck Nigeria![/size]

IBB people = Foolish people
Re: I Never Investigated Patience Jonathan---------ribadu by Beaf: 10:40am On Sep 17, 2010
Where are the main proponents? I guess they are now ashamed and hiding under their smelly little rocks. grin grin grin grin
Re: I Never Investigated Patience Jonathan---------ribadu by Nobody: 10:43am On Sep 17, 2010
^^^^^lololololololjavascript:void(0);
Re: I Never Investigated Patience Jonathan---------ribadu by slap1(m): 10:46am On Sep 17, 2010
Mikeansy and co, what else will you cook up against GEJ? Be fast, we are hungry, ready to devour it.
Re: I Never Investigated Patience Jonathan---------ribadu by Nobody: 10:48am On Sep 17, 2010
In 2011: Collect BABANGIDA's money, pally wit RIBADU, mock SARAKI, advise MOMODU then wish all of dem GOODLUCK.
Re: I Never Investigated Patience Jonathan---------ribadu by slap1(m): 10:50am On Sep 17, 2010
^ nice line.
Re: I Never Investigated Patience Jonathan---------ribadu by Spyker: 11:25am On Sep 17, 2010
babasoty:

In 2011: Collect BABANGIDA's money, pally wit RIBADU, mock SARAKI, advise MOMODU then wish all of dem GOODLUCK.

I just copied this line and pasted it on my facebook page. Nice one.

@Topic: Now, Goodluck Jonathan can win convincingly without any allegations on his wife.
Re: I Never Investigated Patience Jonathan---------ribadu by marocguy(m): 11:31am On Sep 17, 2010
ribadu , dats a big lie, dat woman na correct iron lady, imagine havn a tout as a wife, she's corrupt. ribadu's just tryn 2 protect his ar. se
Re: I Never Investigated Patience Jonathan---------ribadu by Nobody: 11:33am On Sep 17, 2010
ribadu , dats a big lie, dat woman na correct iron lady, imagine havn a tout as a wife, she's corrupt. ribadu's just tryn 2 protect his ar. se

What arse is he trying to protect, he is his own man, and he is contesting against GEJ so lets leave all this baseless accusations
Re: I Never Investigated Patience Jonathan---------ribadu by Beaf: 11:36am On Sep 17, 2010
babasoty:

Yeah, I like this too! Really witty!
Re: I Never Investigated Patience Jonathan---------ribadu by Gbawe: 11:36am On Sep 17, 2010
Premature e.jaculation and naiveness comes to mind when I think of the supporters of Jonathan in cyberspace. How many stories have you guys copied and pasted , before you looked at things ctritically ,  that have subsequently turned out to be innacurate ? "Aliyu dumps Jonathan" and the same Aliyu is standing next to IBB when the former head of State formally declared his Presidential ambition !!!!  "Ribadu fell out with Jonatahn" because he did not get the job he "demanded" yet a few days later the former EFCC boss denied ever "demanding" anything from Jonathan !!!!

The list goes on !!!! Give it a few days before you start jubilating wildly . Everyday you are all appearing as naive and as desperate as your candidate. Keep up the clannish seige mentality. It is what will ensure that Jonathan may not even make it beyond the PDP primaries .
Re: I Never Investigated Patience Jonathan---------ribadu by naso2(m): 11:42am On Sep 17, 2010
^^^^^^^^
Which kind preaching be dis one again? Abeg go siddon , your battery don dey weak grin grin grin
Re: I Never Investigated Patience Jonathan---------ribadu by Nobody: 11:42am On Sep 17, 2010
Premature expulsion and naiveness comes to mind when I think of the supporters of Jonathan in cyberspace. How many stories have you guys copied and pasted , before you looked at things ctritically ,  that have subsequently turned out to be innacurate ? "Aliyu dumps Jonathan" and the same Aliyu is standing next to IBB when the former head of State formally declared his Presidential ambition !!!!  "Ribadu fell out with Jonatahn" because he did not get the job he "demanded" yet a few days later the former EFCC boss denied ever "demanding" anything from Jonathan !!!!

The list goes on !!!! Give it a few days before you start jubilating wildly . Everyday you are all appearing as naive and as desperate as your candidate. Keep up the clannish seige mentality. It is what will ensure that Jonathan may not even make it beyond the PDP primaries

Guess beaf was right your not gonna take this news lying low, well the man has spoken your not ribadu are you or where you in the investigative team?
Re: I Never Investigated Patience Jonathan---------ribadu by Beaf: 11:42am On Sep 17, 2010
Gbawe:

Premature expulsion and naiveness comes to mind when I think of the supporters of Jonathan in cyberspace. How many stories have you guys copied and pasted , before you looked at things ctritically ,  that have subsequently turned out to be innacurate ? "Aliyu dumps Jonathan" and the same Aliyu is standing next to IBB when the former head of State formally declared his Presidential ambition !!!!  "Ribadu fell out with Jonatahn" because he did not get the job he "demanded" yet a few days later the former EFCC boss denied ever "demanding" anything from Jonathan !!!!

The list goes on !!!! Give it a few days before you start jubilating wildly . Everyday you are all appearing as naive and as desperate as your candidate. Keep up the clannish seige mentality. It is what will ensure that Jonathan may not even make it beyond the PDP primaries .

You are a known starter of rumours and paster of discredited info, so please point at yourself. It is funny that you haven't found that this news is carried by more than one source.
Poor Gbawe! You can't make up lies and generate rumour on this one, you've heard it from the horses mouth, so to speak!

Shame!

Re: I Never Investigated Patience Jonathan---------ribadu by Spyker: 11:48am On Sep 17, 2010
Gbawe:

In the Land of the Blind, a one-eyed man is King. This is similar to all the blind candidates who have so far declared to govern Nigeria. I prefer Goodluck to them all no matter how desperate it sounds. Come to think of it, what do you define as desperate, the men that has declared even when they know no body wants them and the once that don't have anything to offer this country except zoning or the man that IMHO has made us pay N65.00 for 1 Ltr of Petrol without queuing and fighting, who do you in your right senses think is desperate.
Common sense they say is not common and i think you lack common sense.
Re: I Never Investigated Patience Jonathan---------ribadu by naso2(m): 11:49am On Sep 17, 2010
If ribadu is contesting the presidential election and is still honourable enough to clear the air on this patience jonathan issue, then I am seriuosly considering voting for him. And I mean am.

I know some self-acclaimed progressives on NL  would rather die,than say the truth especially when it stands to favour their opponent.
Re: I Never Investigated Patience Jonathan---------ribadu by Gbawe: 12:01pm On Sep 17, 2010
na_so:

If ribadu is contesting the presidential election and is still honourable enough to clear the air on this patience jonathan issue, then I am seriuosly considering voting for him. And I mean am.

I know some self-acclaimed progressives on NL  would rather die,than say the truth especially when it stands to favour their opponent.

God bless you Ojare . Everyone here associates you with graciousness even you are on the other side of the fence unlike others. Folks can say what they wan't about me but it is on this same Nairaland I praised Jonathan when he did good only to see that political expediency was behind his actions. For me , Nigeria gaining the best leadership possible is what is important.
Re: I Never Investigated Patience Jonathan---------ribadu by cbjonstage(m): 12:17pm On Sep 17, 2010
[size=30pt]THIS IS GOODLUCK TO JONATHAN AND NEMADI SAMBO[/size]

POSTER, SORRY U LOOSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I RECOMMEND THIS ATTACHED FILE APPLE FOR THE BAD BELLE OF GOODLUCK NIGRERIA

KISS MY ASS tongue grin

Re: I Never Investigated Patience Jonathan---------ribadu by Beaf: 12:21pm On Sep 17, 2010
na_so:

[size=21pt]I know some self-acclaimed progressives on NL  would rather die,than say the truth especially when it stands to favour their opponent.[/size]

Gbawe and oyb. embarassed
Re: I Never Investigated Patience Jonathan---------ribadu by Gbawe: 12:34pm On Sep 17, 2010
Spyker:

In the Land of the Blind, a one-eyed man is King. This is similar to all the blind candidates who have so far declared to govern Nigeria. I prefer Goodluck to them all no matter how desperate it sounds. Come to think of it, what do you define as desperate, the men that has declared even when they know no body wants them and the once that don't have anything to offer this country except zoning or the man that IMHO has made us pay N65.00 for 1 Ltr of Petrol without queuing and fighting, who do you in your right senses think is desperate.
Common sense they say is not common and i think you lack common sense.

Once again we see the over-emotional response common amongst all the supporters of Jonathan. You think automatic belligerence and character assasination against all who oppose Jonathan shows "common sense" ? You guys need to take a look at yourslef and ask if you have enduring principles . Supporters of Jonathan call IBB a drug dealer based on how , allegedly , he was implicated by a drug mule . Gloria Okon. You post picture of Dele Giwa's mutilated body here to show IBB is a killer yet you have no proof. You want us to believe that "Buhari is a corrupt bigot" when that cannot be proven either.  another of Jonathan's opponent , Atiku,  is "Atiku" !!! Ribadu "fell out with Jonathan" because Mr.President refused to give him the position he "demanded" . OBJ stole Nigeria blind yet his bitter critics of yesterday , who are now fans of Jonathan , are quick to point to OBJ's 'newfound' innocence , they did not believe in previously,  because he is behind Jonathan !!!!

Character assasination will not get you guys and Jonathan anywhere because Nigerians can also question how Jonathan , a teacher and public servant , declared 300 million Naira asset. If you will call Babangida a drug dealer on Gloria Okon's assertion then we can declare Jonathan and his wife corrupt as per how Nancy Nwosu, an associate of Patience Jonathan, caught in possesion of 104 million Naira, pointed at the first lady . The point is that most of our leaders have not being convicted of anything . We all have our own personal opinions . It is only you fans of Jonathan who will dismiss allegations against Jonathan yet seek to equally use allegations to demonise others.

As per never contesting a serious election , Mr.President , and now his fans, must think mudslinging will yield best results. Goodluck to him and to all of you. I will stay out of these sort of thread from now on . Attacking dissenting voices seems a common trait amongst the supporters of Jonathan. We will see how that works for you and the ambition of Jonathan.
Re: I Never Investigated Patience Jonathan---------ribadu by Nobody: 12:53pm On Sep 17, 2010
na_so:

If ribadu is contesting the presidential election and is still[b] honourable enough to clear the air on this patience jonathan issue[/b], then I am seriuosly considering voting for him. And I mean am.

I know some self-acclaimed progressives on NL  would rather die,than say the truth especially when it stands to favour their opponent.

the ibb people foolish people crowd could take a cue from this rather than following oyb and gbawe like homos in heat  cheesy cheesy

are johnny's nuts not enough for them to blow on
Re: I Never Investigated Patience Jonathan---------ribadu by Nobody: 1:00pm On Sep 17, 2010
Gbawe:

As per never contesting a serious election , Mr.President , and now his fans, must think mudslinging will yield best results. Goodluck to him and to all of you. I will stay out of these sort of thread from now on . Attacking dissenting voices seems a common trait amongst the supporters of Jonathan. We will see how that works for you and the ambition of Jonathan.

please please please let us have debates - i really want to see how gej will perform when he doesn't have ghost writers posting on facebook

perhaps mend will be on ground to follow up on the antics of the nl campaign crew by shouting down his debaters
Re: I Never Investigated Patience Jonathan---------ribadu by FrankC3: 1:01pm On Sep 17, 2010
", if you don’t have a record to run on, then you paint your opponent as someone people should run from"- Barack Obama.

That is the campaign GEJ is running.  The strategy all started openly with the attack on Dokpesi. His supporters are following in his footsteps.
Re: I Never Investigated Patience Jonathan---------ribadu by Nobody: 1:12pm On Sep 17, 2010
Frank-C:

", if you don’t have a record to run on, then you paint your opponent as someone people should run from"- Barack Obama.

i am clearly not the better candidate - i am merely the lesser evil - or so i would have you think
Re: I Never Investigated Patience Jonathan---------ribadu by Beaf: 1:14pm On Sep 17, 2010
oyb:

please please please let us have debates - i really want to see how gej will perform when he doesn't have ghost writers posting on facebook

perhaps mend will be on ground to follow up on the antics of the nl campaign crew by shouting down his debaters

Poor meathead, GEJ is something like 100 times smarter than you. cry cry cry cry cry
Its painful, but Ribadu says you've been lying to discredit both him and Jonathan. He never had a case against Patience Jonathan; I feel like crying for you!
Some Nigerians just love their rumours and to manufacture "facts" in beer palours sha.

Re: I Never Investigated Patience Jonathan---------ribadu by Nobody: 1:17pm On Sep 17, 2010
Beaf:

Poor meathead, GEJ is something like 100 times smarter than you. cry cry cry cry cry
Its painful, but Ribadu says you've been lying to discredit both him and Jonathan. He never had a case against Patience Jonathan; I feel like crying for you!
Some Nigerians just love their rumours and to manufacture "facts" in beer palours.

look at this dubious liar - i quoted articles from the next you love to quote - only  brain dead retard who was repeatedly dropped on his head as a baby would fail to comprehend that.

the realm of conjecture is your realm, mr liar liar with word of mouth reports on gejs 'progress' .

or are you calling next a beer palour publication
Re: I Never Investigated Patience Jonathan---------ribadu by Pk001(m): 1:18pm On Sep 17, 2010
babasoty:

Brilliant Idea, I love it!!!.

And na so e go bi,
Re: I Never Investigated Patience Jonathan---------ribadu by Beaf: 1:41pm On Sep 17, 2010
oyb:

look at this dubious liar - i quoted articles from the next you love to quote - only brain dead retard who was repeatedly dropped on his head as a baby would fail to comprehend that.

the realm of conjecture is your realm, mr liar liar with word of mouth reports on gejs 'progress' .

or are you calling next a beer palour publication

So you aren't even man enough to own up! . . .Instead, Next made up all the trash you've been spewing! 234Next made you spread beer palour rumours about other people? Wow! shocked shocked shocked
We shall always witness wonders! I am sure Next told you exactly how to manufacture news and coin lies too. Na wa o! grin grin grin

Ok, lets assume you were reading something from the gutter which you somehow assumed (as usual) to be quality news like is supplied by Next; are you still with me? Now, the person whom the story hinges on, comes out and says, "you're all fcking liars, that story never happened!" How do you now see yourself?

[size=33pt]Goodluck Nigeria![/size]
Re: I Never Investigated Patience Jonathan---------ribadu by Nobody: 2:04pm On Sep 17, 2010
Beaf:

So you aren't even man enough to own up! . . .Instead, Next made up all the trash you've been spewing! 234Next made you spread beer palour rumours about other people? Wow! shocked shocked shocked
We shall always witness wonders! I am sure Next told you exactly how to manufacture news and coin lies too. Na wa o! grin grin grin

Ok, lets assume you were reading something from the gutter which you somehow assumed (as usual) to be quality news like is supplied by Next; are you still with me? Now, the person whom the story hinges on, comes out and says, "you're all fcking liars, that story never happened!" How do you now see yourself?

[size=33pt]Goodluck Nigeria![/size]

beaf is the [size=28pt]GREATEST LIAR[/size]  the world will ever see  embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=508560.msg6696628#msg6696628

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5565603-146/patience_we_are_watching.csp

please tell us - were you lying like you always do when you said she was 'absloved' or is there another crime we are unaware of  grin grin grin grin grin

has that meth also fried your  short term memory  cheesy

we know it has reduced your iq to single digits  sad sad sad

Re: I Never Investigated Patience Jonathan---------ribadu by Kobojunkie: 2:15pm On Sep 17, 2010
How can the same man who was quoted as saying he had no intentions of running for office, only a couple of weeks ago, now be in all the way? Are we meat that we should be tossed around like crap? Where is Chris Okotie, maybe we ought to vote for him instead cause all these liars and crooks need to be made to learn that Nigeria is not a game.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fg Releases N15bn To Police For 2011 Polls / Results From Yesterdays Election / Oduah Slammed! Lawmakers Recommend 3-year Jail Term Over Bulletproof Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.