Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,788 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:30 AM

13 Nigeria Movies That Scared The Hell Out Of Us Growing Up. - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / 13 Nigeria Movies That Scared The Hell Out Of Us Growing Up. (798 Views)

Independence Day: 5 Nollywood Movies That Celebrate Nigeria / BBNaija: What Tobi Said That Caused CeeC To Insult The Hell Out Of Him / Top 10 Movies That Will Dominate 2018 By Kingston Dome. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

13 Nigeria Movies That Scared The Hell Out Of Us Growing Up. by Ifesinachi22(m): 1:46am On Apr 25, 2019
13 Nigeria movies that scared the hell out of us Growing up.

1. Samadora
2. End of the wicked
3. Blood Money
4. Oracle
5. Last burial
6. Living in Bondage
7. Diamond Ring
8. Karishika
9. Issakaba
10. Igodo
11. Narrow Escape
12. Billionaires Club
13. Full Moon

The list is incomplete.
Add yours.

Re: 13 Nigeria Movies That Scared The Hell Out Of Us Growing Up. by meobizy(f): 9:08am On Apr 25, 2019
...and in this day and age no HD versions exist.
I believe when 4K becomes commonplace these movies will get forgotten due to not being able to meet the new standard.
Multichoice South Africa is the saviour of the Nollywood industry, most of their videos can upscale to 8 or 16K definition.
Re: 13 Nigeria Movies That Scared The Hell Out Of Us Growing Up. by airsaylongcon: 10:10am On Apr 25, 2019
I'd give an arm and a leg for these movies. Where can I get good digital versions of them?

@meobizy
Any ideas how these can be digitally remastered?
Re: 13 Nigeria Movies That Scared The Hell Out Of Us Growing Up. by meobizy(f): 11:23am On Apr 25, 2019
airsaylongcon:
I'd give an arm and a leg for these movies. Where can I get good digital versions of them?

@meobizy
Any ideas how these can be digitally remastered?
I think it has to do with the original tape undergoing digital processing, touch ups and then storage.
Sadly I doubt the original film rolls will still exist and the process required is something Nigerians are yet to learn.
Re: 13 Nigeria Movies That Scared The Hell Out Of Us Growing Up. by airsaylongcon: 11:27am On Apr 25, 2019
meobizy:

I think it has to do with the original tape undergoing digital processing, touch ups and then storage.
Sadly I doubt the original film rolls will still exist and the process required is something Nigerians are yet to learn.

Weren't they recorded directly on VHS tapes? undecided
Re: 13 Nigeria Movies That Scared The Hell Out Of Us Growing Up. by meobizy(f): 3:22pm On Apr 25, 2019
airsaylongcon:

Weren't they recorded directly on VHS tapes? undecided
Yes but a master roll will exist.
It is from this master roll copies were made which were then distributed to consumers.
I think VHS tapes can still undergo the HD transformation process.
I will have to do a little Google search to confirm first.
Re: 13 Nigeria Movies That Scared The Hell Out Of Us Growing Up. by airsaylongcon: 5:52pm On Apr 25, 2019
meobizy:

It is from this master roll copies were made which were then distributed to consumers.

I'd follow you up on this please. Growing up, I didn't watch a lot of the old classics. Watched Violated part one recently. The colour and sound was horrible. But I loved the Nostalgia.
How about NTA programs?
Re: 13 Nigeria Movies That Scared The Hell Out Of Us Growing Up. by Creeknigga(m): 7:08pm On Apr 25, 2019
meobizy:

also on que to get the information from you.

(1) (Reply)

BBNaija: Proof That Mercy And Ike Didn't Have Sex (Video) / The Economic Value And Social Problems Of Big Brother Naija - (video Analysis) / "We Have Nothing In Common" Says Kdwaya To Erica

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.