Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,040 members, 7,859,730 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 05:40 PM

70% Of Nigeria’s N5.2 Trillion Tax Revenue Was Contributed By Lagos State - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 70% Of Nigeria’s N5.2 Trillion Tax Revenue Was Contributed By Lagos State (11440 Views)

Governor Sanwo-Olu Presents ₦2.2 Trillion Naira 2024 Budget To House Of Assembly / Ortom Asks FG To Account For $1bn Security Fund Jointly Contributed By States / ₦4.2 Trillion Debt Service: Economy Is In Real Crisis, FG Admits (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 70% Of Nigeria’s N5.2 Trillion Tax Revenue Was Contributed By Lagos State by iammo(m): 7:12am On Apr 25, 2019
Gandollar:
This is the problem. Robin Hood was so loved by his people despite been a thief. As soon as I saw those figures, I said if not the thiefing tinubu, probably Lagos State would have been contributing 100% of the national tax income.

This really cracked me up... robing hood koor tiger wood nii. If you have any evidence backing you wild allegation, then forward it to efcc, or go in person to SARS lol. Like i always tell your type tinubu is a private citizen since 12 years ago minding his business, Jonathan already used CCT to probe tinubu and he came out clean.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 70% Of Nigeria’s N5.2 Trillion Tax Revenue Was Contributed By Lagos State by Nobody: 7:18am On Apr 25, 2019
SarkinYarki:
This is poor thinking by these accountants!!! ..This looks so because 70 percent of Nigeria VAT collections happen in Lagos but these monies originate from other states ..I will tell you the story of 100 KVA generator I once supplied to a hospital in Nassarawa state , the money for this transaction came 100 percent from Nassarawa state but I paid all the taxes carried to the generator in Lagos state making it seem like the money came from Lagos to a shallow mind ...as long as 70 percent of Nigerias imports pass through Lagos it will continue to seem Lagos is contributing most of the tax which is kind of erroneous

Very correct!!!

1 Like

Re: 70% Of Nigeria’s N5.2 Trillion Tax Revenue Was Contributed By Lagos State by Chimaokigwe: 7:20am On Apr 25, 2019
Gandollar:
This is the problem. Robin Hood was so loved by his people despite been a thief. As soon as I saw those figures, I said if not the thiefing tinubu, probably Lagos State would have been contributing 100% of the national tax income.

Lagos would be contributing 100% but your father would be sitting at home, picking his teeth and tying wrapper like a cripple.

Does Lagos have 2 heads?

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 70% Of Nigeria’s N5.2 Trillion Tax Revenue Was Contributed By Lagos State by emekakanu2: 7:22am On Apr 25, 2019
Thanks to Igbo business men and woman, because Lagos is Igbo and Igbo is Lagos base on business level, Yoruba people are just security in Lagos state

1 Like

Re: 70% Of Nigeria’s N5.2 Trillion Tax Revenue Was Contributed By Lagos State by Gandollar(f): 7:22am On Apr 25, 2019
iammo:

This really cracked me up... robing hood koor tiger wood nii. If you have any evidence backing you wild allegation, then forward it to efcc, or go in person to SARS lol. Like i always tell your type tinubu is a private citizen since 12 years ago minding his business, Jonathan already uses CCT to probe tinubu and he came out clean.
I like to think you are intelligent no matter how little. Danladi Umar later confessed Tinubu was left off the hook erroneously.

I wish the FOI works in Lagos, it would have been a different thing.

And this is the reason why I wrote off Lagos PDP because they can't tell me there's no disgruntled someone in Alausa who can release tightly guarded secrets with proofs and all, that will expose this Robin Hood to people like you.

But then again, they too, i.e Lagos PDP are feeding off the Robin Hood as well. Shame really.

1 Like

Re: 70% Of Nigeria’s N5.2 Trillion Tax Revenue Was Contributed By Lagos State by Gandollar(f): 7:25am On Apr 25, 2019
Chimaokigwe:

Lagos would be contributing 100% but your father would be sitting at home, picking his teeth and tying wrapper like a cripple.

Does Lagos have 2 heads?
My father? Igbos own Lagos Chimaokigwe. 70% of that tax were contributed by Igbos.
Re: 70% Of Nigeria’s N5.2 Trillion Tax Revenue Was Contributed By Lagos State by Dukeolumidemans(m): 7:25am On Apr 25, 2019
70% of the revenue generated will definitely come from Lagos because it's home to the sea port simple...

Build sea ports in Calabar, Akwa Ibom, Onitsha, Warri and let Port Harcourt sea port operate in full capacity, u will see that most businesses will quickly move out of Lagos.

This alone will reduce the IGR of Lagos and it's population. It's not rocket science but our leaders based on sentiments and fear of the South will not even want to hear this...ask Obasanjor if I lied.

2 Likes

Re: 70% Of Nigeria’s N5.2 Trillion Tax Revenue Was Contributed By Lagos State by Chimaokigwe: 7:29am On Apr 25, 2019
Gandollar:
My father? Igbos own Lagos Chimaokigwe. 70% of that tax were contributed by Igbos.

No, Igbos contributed everything. That's why the SE has nothing to offer again cos Igbos are slaving in Lagos and contributing 70% according to you.

If only come back to Alaigbo to get buried. I guess that's the only thing the SE is good for.

Nonsense.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 70% Of Nigeria’s N5.2 Trillion Tax Revenue Was Contributed By Lagos State by iammo(m): 7:43am On Apr 25, 2019
Gandollar:
I like to think you are intelligent no matter how little. Danladi Umar later confessed Tinubu was left off the hook erroneously.

I wish the FOI works in Lagos, it would have been a different thing.

And this is the reason why I wrote off Lagos PDP because they can't tell me there's no disgruntled someone in Alausa who can release tightly guarded secrets with proofs and all, that will expose this Robin Hood to people like you.

But then again, they too, i.e Lagos PDP are feeding off the Robin Hood as well. Shame really.

Danladi errorneously delivered a judgement? Yet prosecuting counsel couldnt aproach a court of law to appeal the tribunal decission or EFCC opening a case file? This ipob people sef smh.

You clearly admitted you or PDP dont have forensic audit report of lagos state yet.you.label tinubu a thief...... you better dont say this with your true identity or risk having character assasination and libel lawsuit on your head.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 70% Of Nigeria’s N5.2 Trillion Tax Revenue Was Contributed By Lagos State by Nebuchadnezar: 7:43am On Apr 25, 2019
[s]
omenkaLives:
I would rather not believe this!! shocked
[/s]

1 Like

Re: 70% Of Nigeria’s N5.2 Trillion Tax Revenue Was Contributed By Lagos State by SarkinYarki: 7:47am On Apr 25, 2019
shadeyinka:

Your Tax is your quota to paying back the system that is funding you. If your state doesn't have means of ensuring this, too bad.

Lagos has collected her own, Nasarawa should collect her own too.

That would be double taxation , you can't tax twice on the same taxable element
Re: 70% Of Nigeria’s N5.2 Trillion Tax Revenue Was Contributed By Lagos State by 9gerian: 7:48am On Apr 25, 2019
grin cheesy They have started again.

The real contributors don’t make noise. It is those that begged for space to peddle their wares that keep shouting and screaming...

If you were so skilled and big, go develop your place and make it bigger than Lagos... wink

emekakanu2:
Thanks to Igbo business men and woman, because Lagos is Igbo and Igbo is Lagos base on business level, Yoruba people are just security in Lagos state

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 70% Of Nigeria’s N5.2 Trillion Tax Revenue Was Contributed By Lagos State by SarkinYarki: 7:48am On Apr 25, 2019
HigherEd:

And for one generator you supply to nassarawa 50 is being supplied within Lagos. There's no doubt Lagos is the biggest consumer of many imports. Therefore even with your instance we can still say Lagos generates most of the revenue.

Lastly and most importantly I'm sure VAT constitute a lesser income than CIT. And CIT which is mostly gotten from Lagos always runs into trillions.

how can VAT constitute less than CIT bro? have you done business before ?
Re: 70% Of Nigeria’s N5.2 Trillion Tax Revenue Was Contributed By Lagos State by SarkinYarki: 7:49am On Apr 25, 2019
Esseite:

Same for all the importers in every other state... they ship and clear in lagos while they only convey to other states to sell.. the buying power of other states would keep reducing because they are majorly civil servants, and the little that buy, you ship their monies abroad again for purchase and clearing again out of the sale state.. it's only a matter of time before they can no longer afford your goods and either seek relocation to earn more or reduce its standard of living every year that passes..

Dry ports should be created across regions, with rail tracks to avoid container diverts via roads, so states can earn income from what is being sold to them.. aswell as target quotas on exportation.

exactly
Re: 70% Of Nigeria’s N5.2 Trillion Tax Revenue Was Contributed By Lagos State by Nobody: 7:49am On Apr 25, 2019
iammo:
cool

Lets face it, lagos has one of the best Tax administration system in Nigeria, its the same model babatunde fowler is replicating at the federal level. And its been all thanks to the idea of the same Tinubu many envious retvrds love to hate. Every state that uses his Alpha Beta consulting firm grows it IGR astronomicaly and the arrogant PDP states have remain poorest in terms of IGR and tax compliance.

What about osun? Tell us about tinubu's many wonders there
Re: 70% Of Nigeria’s N5.2 Trillion Tax Revenue Was Contributed By Lagos State by kafulka(m): 7:49am On Apr 25, 2019
Chimaokigwe:

No, Igbos contributed everything. That's why the SE has nothing to offer again cos Igbos are slaving in Lagos and contributing 70% according to you.

If only come back to Alaigbo to get buried. I guess that's the only thing the SE is good for.

Nonsense.

Sentiment aside, 70% of containers/imported goods at Apapa whorf and Tincan port are owned by Igbos and corporate organizations

2 Likes

Re: 70% Of Nigeria’s N5.2 Trillion Tax Revenue Was Contributed By Lagos State by SarkinYarki: 7:51am On Apr 25, 2019
GavelSlam:

You still paid VAT in Nassarawa for the project.

No I didn't pay VAT !! VAT is borne by the last consumer and I was just a supplier ..The hospital patients will eventually bear the coat of the VAT and VAT is paid just once
Re: 70% Of Nigeria’s N5.2 Trillion Tax Revenue Was Contributed By Lagos State by bluecircle470: 7:55am On Apr 25, 2019
SarkinYarki:
This is poor thinking by these accountants!!! ..This looks so because 70 percent of Nigeria VAT collections happen in Lagos but these monies originate from other states ..I will tell you the story of 100 KVA generator I once supplied to a hospital in Nassarawa state , the money for this transaction came 100 percent from Nassarawa state but I paid all the taxes carried to the generator in Lagos state making it seem like the money came from Lagos to a shallow mind ...as long as 70 percent of Nigerias imports pass through Lagos it will continue to seem Lagos is contributing most of the tax which is kind of erroneous

Remove the word “seem”, Lagos contributes 70% so please rest ur remaining case

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 70% Of Nigeria’s N5.2 Trillion Tax Revenue Was Contributed By Lagos State by lastempero: 7:56am On Apr 25, 2019
Madam Lagos is the only functional seaport in Nigeria this the vat generation.
Re: 70% Of Nigeria’s N5.2 Trillion Tax Revenue Was Contributed By Lagos State by lastempero: 7:56am On Apr 25, 2019
Madam Lagos is the only functional seaport in Nigeria thus the vat generation.
Re: 70% Of Nigeria’s N5.2 Trillion Tax Revenue Was Contributed By Lagos State by Chimaokigwe: 7:56am On Apr 25, 2019
kafulka:

Sentiment aside, 70% of containers/imported goods at Apapa whorf and Tincan port are owned by Igbos and corporate organizations

And you think 70% of Lagos taxes come from the wharf make up 70% of Lagos revenue?

Igbos don't own jack in Lagos. How many Igbos are in the list of 5 richest Nigerians? None

We make noise online but we're suffering offline.

4 Likes

Re: 70% Of Nigeria’s N5.2 Trillion Tax Revenue Was Contributed By Lagos State by kafulka(m): 7:58am On Apr 25, 2019
9gerian:
grin cheesy They have started again.

The real contributors don’t make noise. It is those that begged for space to peddle their wares that keep shouting and screaming...

If you were so skilled and big, go develop your place and make it bigger than Lagos... wink

Did you personally develop Lagos port ?

F G is currently developing dry port at Kaduna let her extend it to other regions
Re: 70% Of Nigeria’s N5.2 Trillion Tax Revenue Was Contributed By Lagos State by Chimaokigwe: 7:58am On Apr 25, 2019
lastempero:

Idiroko and Seme which are land border posts generates more IGR than the entire SE states combined.

Losers have excuses, winners have results.

If Igboland is to progress, these stupid excuses must stop.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 70% Of Nigeria’s N5.2 Trillion Tax Revenue Was Contributed By Lagos State by bkool7(m): 8:00am On Apr 25, 2019
SarkinYarki:

Your biz operates from Lagos state. Or has its headquarters in Lagos

That's how it's done worldwide. You are speaking like it's peculiar here

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 70% Of Nigeria’s N5.2 Trillion Tax Revenue Was Contributed By Lagos State by iammo(m): 8:01am On Apr 25, 2019
Buckubuck:

What about osun? Tell us about tinubu's many wonders there

I'll prefer to tell you about Ogun IGR doubling that of southeast mushroom states, and that Oyo alone generates half of what Southeast makes.

2 Likes

Re: 70% Of Nigeria’s N5.2 Trillion Tax Revenue Was Contributed By Lagos State by lastempero: 8:03am On Apr 25, 2019
Chimaokigwe:

Idiroko and Seme which are land border posts generates more IGR than the entire SE states combined.

What do u know mugu,have you transacted more than 1000 naira in your entire life,you mean to say that seme and idiroko is the headquarter of smuggling in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: 70% Of Nigeria’s N5.2 Trillion Tax Revenue Was Contributed By Lagos State by wirinet(m): 8:04am On Apr 25, 2019
emekakanu2:
And how many igbo people pay VAT or tax as a whole?
In that case Aba or Nnewi will contribute significant tax revenue for Abia and Anambra.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 70% Of Nigeria’s N5.2 Trillion Tax Revenue Was Contributed By Lagos State by rexwalters: 8:08am On Apr 25, 2019
lastempero:
After atku and his thief company destroyed the ports in Warri,Port Harcourt and Onne?Barawo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 70% Of Nigeria’s N5.2 Trillion Tax Revenue Was Contributed By Lagos State by SarkinYarki: 8:09am On Apr 25, 2019
bkool7:

Your biz operates from Lagos state. Or has its headquarters in Lagos

That's how it's done worldwide. You are speaking like it's peculiar here

Yes my business operates from Lagos but the burden of the tax i paid on that generator resided 100 percent in Nassarawa state..Every time you buy that shoe or short outside Lagos you are bearing the burden for a Tax collected in Lagos

1 Like

Re: 70% Of Nigeria’s N5.2 Trillion Tax Revenue Was Contributed By Lagos State by kafulka(m): 8:10am On Apr 25, 2019
Chimaokigwe:

Who are the major players in these land borders that generates the IGR if not business people

People like you whose only job is to rant on line are just spectators
Re: 70% Of Nigeria’s N5.2 Trillion Tax Revenue Was Contributed By Lagos State by wirinet(m): 8:12am On Apr 25, 2019
kafulka:

Where did you get this your statistics? Imports by Flour mills, honeywell and Dangote (salt and sugar) imports alone is higher than all Igbos imports added together.

See the amount of ordinary salt we import - https://www.thenationonlineng.net/nigeria-spends-n3-6tr-on-salt-import/amp/

5 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Osun: INEC Timetable For General Elections Worries Oyetola’s Camp / Amaechi Receives ₦100m APC Nomination Form, Friends Raised Funds For Him / Tinubu Greets Sultan Of Sokoto, Sa’ad Abubakar On His 66th Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.