Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,243 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:28 AM

Why Did Allah Create Rhesus Factor D? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Why Did Allah Create Rhesus Factor D? (2165 Views)

Why Did Allah Grant Jesus Power Of Creation? / Did Allah Know What Will Happen To The People Of Sodom And Gomorrah? / How Did Allah Command Us To Recite Al Qur'an During Salat? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Did Allah Create Rhesus Factor D? by Abdulbasit9: 1:05pm On Apr 26, 2019
The rhesus factor D(Rhd) is an antigen in human blood. It has been discovered to cause birth defect and stillborn of new born babies if the mother is negative Rhd and the father is positive.

Why did Allah create an antigen that is dangerous to human babies? How are you as a Muslim able to renconcile Rhd factor with an all knowing, perfect God?

Thank you.

NB: I converted to Islam late 2014. I've learnt a lot about Islam from this section but I am beggining to have second thoughts.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Did Allah Create Rhesus Factor D? by sarahade(f): 8:52pm On Apr 26, 2019
Hmmm
Re: Why Did Allah Create Rhesus Factor D? by Abdulbasit9: 7:02pm On Apr 27, 2019
This is what I mean in lay man terms;
Rh Incompatibilty during Pregnancy
Re: Why Did Allah Create Rhesus Factor D? by tintingz(m): 9:35pm On Apr 27, 2019
Abdulbasit9:
The rhesus factor D(Rhd) is an antigen in human blood. It has been discovered to cause birth defect and stillborn of new born babies if the mother is negative Rhd and the father is positive.

Why did Allah create an antigen that is dangerous to human babies? How are you as a Muslim able to renconcile Rhd factor with an all knowing, perfect God?

Thank you.
I will be waiting for their response.

NB: I converted to Islam late 2014. I've learnt a lot about Islam from this section but I am beggining to have second thoughts.
Study the religion(Islam) with scrutiny.

And study other religions too.
Re: Why Did Allah Create Rhesus Factor D? by AlBaqir(m): 10:31am On Apr 28, 2019
Abdulbasit9:

Thank you.

First, below is so far what science knows about rhesus disease:

Rhesus disease is caused by a specific mix of blood types between a pregnant mother and her unborn baby.

Rhesus disease can only occur in cases where all of the following happen:

* the mother has a rhesus negative (RhD negative) blood type

* the baby has a rhesus positive (RhD positive) blood type

* the mother has previously been exposed to RhD positive blood and has developed an immune response to it (known as sensitisation)

# How does sensitisation occur?

During pregnancy, sensitisation can happen if:
small numbers of foetal blood cells cross into the mother's blood

* the mother is exposed to her baby's blood during delivery

* there's been bleeding during the pregnancy
an invasive procedure has been necessary during pregnancy – such as amniocentesis, or chorionic villus sampling (CVS)

* the mother injures her abdomen (tummy)
Sensitisation can also occur after a previous miscarriage or ectopic pregnancy, or if a RhD negative woman has received a transfusion of RhD positive blood by mistake (although this is extremely rare).

How sensitisation leads to rhesus disease
If sensitisation occurs, the next time the woman is exposed to RhD positive blood her body will produce antibodies immediately.
If she's pregnant with an RhD positive baby, the antibodies can lead to rhesus disease when they cross the placenta and start attacking the baby's red blood cells.
 https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/rhesus-disease/causes/

Rhesus disease can largely be prevented by having an injection of a medication called anti-D immunoglobulin.

Second, answer to your question lies in the Islamic philosophy of Evil. Rhesus D is just one example of "evil". Understanding this subject will help answer your micro question. Kindly read on this thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/5158036/evil-important-subject-islamic-philosophy

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Did Allah Create Rhesus Factor D? by usermane(m): 11:42am On Apr 28, 2019
I shall look further into this. It seem as it is that without the the blood grouping(A, B, O, AB, Rh+, Rh-) also blood transfusion will be easier and an instant success when it was first conceived in the 1800s.
Re: Why Did Allah Create Rhesus Factor D? by tintingz(m): 11:49am On Apr 28, 2019
AlBaqir:

Rhesus disease is caused by a specific mix of blood types between a pregnant mother and her unborn baby.

* the mother has previously been exposed to RhD positive blood and has developed an immune response to it (known as sensitisation)

an invasive procedure has been necessary during pregnancy – such as amniocentesis, or chorionic villus sampling (CVS)

Sensitisation can also occur after a previous miscarriage or ectopic pregnancy, or if a RhD negative woman has received a transfusion of RhD positive blood by mistake (although this is extremely rare).

If sensitisation occurs, the next time the woman is exposed to RhD positive blood her body will produce antibodies immediately.
If she's pregnant with an RhD positive baby, the antibodies can lead to rhesus disease when they cross the placenta and start attacking the baby's red blood cells.

Rhesus disease can largely be prevented by having an injection of a medication called anti-D immunoglobulin.

Second, answer to your question lies in the Islamic philosophy of Evil. Rhesus D is just one example of "evil". Understanding this subject will help answer your micro question. Kindly read on this thread:

Why not answer the OP main question here? In summary.

1 Like

Re: Why Did Allah Create Rhesus Factor D? by usermane(m): 12:37pm On Apr 28, 2019
tintingz:

Why not answer the OP main question here? In summary.

There is no answer. Not the type that will convince everyone. Remember when I told you faith is blind.

The response that OP will get here is that Allah knows best why he created Rhesus factor, and no baby dies except by His will, and He will compensate the mother and baby for any loss due to the blood incompatibility, with exception when He wills to punish the mother.

Me, I can't think of any other response in support of an all intelligent creator. But this response you will notice is only admissible on faith alone. We have to assume that Allah planned everything, all the miscarriages and failed blood transfusion common before modern medicine. By creating men of different blood antigen instead of same antigen, or by designing human cell to react to another human cell no different from a bacteria.

1 Like

Re: Why Did Allah Create Rhesus Factor D? by tintingz(m): 1:08pm On Apr 28, 2019
usermane:

There is no answer. Not the type that will convince everyone. Remember when I told you faith is blind.

The response that OP will get here is that Allah knows best why he created Rhesus factor, and no baby dies except by His will, and He will compensate the mother and baby for any loss due to the blood incompatibility, with exception when He wills to punish the mother.

Me, I can't think of any other response in support of an all intelligent creator. But this response you will notice is only admissible on faith alone. We have to assume that Allah planned everything, all the miscarriages and failed blood transfusion common before modern medicine. By creating men of different blood antigen instead of same antigen, or by designing human cell to react to another human cell no different from a bacteria.

Faith is not a logical answer.

Did you assume Allah planned everything or you know?

And lastly, can we say Allah is malevolent?

1 Like

Re: Why Did Allah Create Rhesus Factor D? by usermane(m): 1:50pm On Apr 28, 2019
tintingz:

Faith is not a logical answer.

Did you assume Allah planned everything or you know?

And lastly, can we say Allah is malevolent?

Faith is not logical but faith adherents have never been keen for logic. I didnt believe this myself until I started scrutinizing Qur'an verses on the nature or cosmos.

Once you believe in God, there are certain things that you just accept regardless of evidences.
Re: Why Did Allah Create Rhesus Factor D? by AlBaqir(m): 1:52pm On Apr 28, 2019
usermane:

Stop assuming man. Islamic philosophical arguments on "evil" is enough to let you understand this perspective. Kindly read the thread provided.

Besides, argument about God is not "faith" but intellectual. Only people with low mental understanding you can subject with the above plea of yours.

For a fact, science know little about rhesus D. Tomorrow whenever man progress and discover something more interesting about it, you and I will be thrilled. If it does not exist, there won't be progress in that line.

Anyway, for now, science understand what causes rhesus factor D and how to prevent it. There is nothing like absolute evil. But there is absolute good, or more good with lack of it or certain effect of it turning "evil".

Wait for more studies on rhesus D. Man is still in the process of knowing himself. He knows nothing about himself for now despite the so called progress.
Re: Why Did Allah Create Rhesus Factor D? by tintingz(m): 2:25pm On Apr 28, 2019
usermane:

Faith is not logical but faith adherents have never been keen for logic. I didnt believe this myself until I started scrutinizing Qur'an verses on the nature or cosmos.

Once you believe in God, there are certain things that you just accept regardless of evidences.
Then this I cannot subscribe to.

It's like believing in fairytales.
Re: Why Did Allah Create Rhesus Factor D? by usermane(m): 3:17pm On Apr 28, 2019
AlBaqir:

The first answer I suppose in bold is not sound. We didn't get the anti-D immunoglobulin until recently. You can only imagine the babies that were lost and blood transfusion recipients that suffered before recent times.
Re: Why Did Allah Create Rhesus Factor D? by AlBaqir(m): 5:38pm On Apr 28, 2019
usermane:

The first answer I suppose in bold is not sound. We didn't get the anti-D immunoglobulin until recently. You can only imagine the babies that were lost and blood transfusion recipients that suffered before recent times.

The problem itself was first discovered in 1937 - 39. And what scientists have learnt along the line in related area has made human species more progressive. Sacrifice(s) usually pave way for a progressive future. Science is not done yet. Still progressing.

Fire in the primitive age caused a lot of damage as a result of the inability to study, control and make the best use of it. We have progressed today yet our knowledge about Fire is still very limited.

In Islam, man is created to grow and develop on the path of perfection, physically and spiritually (since he is dual in nature - body and soul). We not only believe but it is philosophically proven that life continues after death. "Sacrificial lambs" will have more perfect life out there to compensate for their pains.
Re: Why Did Allah Create Rhesus Factor D? by tintingz(m): 6:25pm On Apr 28, 2019
AlBaqir:

The problem itself was first discovered in 1937 - 39. And what scientists have learnt along the line in related area has made human species more progressive. Sacrifice(s) usually pave way for a progressive future. Science is not done yet. Still progressing.

Fire in the primitive age caused a lot of damage as a result of the inability to study, control and make the best use of it. We have progressed today yet our knowledge about Fire is still very limited.

In Islam, man is created to grow and develop on the path of perfection, physically and spiritually (since he is dual in nature - body and soul). We not only believe but it is philosophically proven that life continues after death. "Sacrificial lambs" will have more perfect life out there to compensate for their pains.
What's the prove?

1 Like

Re: Why Did Allah Create Rhesus Factor D? by Empiree: 6:30pm On Apr 28, 2019
Abdulbasit9:

Doesn't antigen has some benefits to talk about. Why is your focus only on negative aspect?. There is always positive and negative, advantages and disadvantages. Both are necessarily needed to work together to put your body in check.

Antigen also prevents disease or sickness.

second thought because of antigen?. You sure there was sincerity in your heart to begin with?. Medical practioners are recommended to get vaccine especially in the winter. Many reject flu shot despite many benefits taught by founder (s), Jonas Salk. I personally reject flu shot every year because I believe it doesn't do me any good. Some people still get sick after taken flu shot vaccine. But if you take medical course they tell you vaccine prevents diseases 100% of the time. While benefits are derived from the flu vaccine for instance, antigen also produces substance that prevents sickness.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Did Allah Create Rhesus Factor D? by AlBaqir(m): 6:52pm On Apr 28, 2019
tintingz:
What's the prove?

What do you believe in? Nothing. And you are adamant at it. So, don't expect me doing cycling talk with you. Besides, things seem "easy" for you. You believe in nothing so why curious to know something?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did Allah Create Rhesus Factor D? by tintingz(m): 8:13pm On Apr 28, 2019
AlBaqir:

What do you believe in? Nothing. And you are adamant at it. So, don't expect me doing cycling talk with you. Besides, things seem "easy" for you. You believe in nothing so why curious to know something?
You're right I don't want to believe in something, I want to know something.

Believe - accept that (something) is true, especially without proof.

There's difference between believing and knowing.
Re: Why Did Allah Create Rhesus Factor D? by AlBaqir(m): 5:55am On Apr 29, 2019
tintingz:

Believe is a degree above knowing. Quran prove this saying, "let there be no force in religion (belief) for truth stands clear of error". Besides, there are some believe that are prima facie, they doesn't need proof.

Knowing itself is of two propositions:

Sensual and Intellectual. What you attach yourself to is just sensual.
Re: Why Did Allah Create Rhesus Factor D? by tintingz(m): 7:26am On Apr 29, 2019
AlBaqir:

Believe is a degree above knowing. Quran prove this saying, "let there be no force in religion (belief) for truth stands clear of error". Besides, there are some believe that are prima facie, they doesn't need proof.
There's no above of knowing, you know that's it, you have fact that can never be denied. E.g the Sun.

Believe is taking something as true even when there's no proof, it's same as faith.

Believe is like when you believe Superman exist.

Knowing itself is of two propositions:

Sensual and Intellectual. What you attach yourself to is just sensual.
Do you mean materialism and immaterialism?

Because intellectual works in all position and field be it philosophy, science, theology, atheism, deism, pantheism, skepticism etc.
Re: Why Did Allah Create Rhesus Factor D? by AlBaqir(m): 12:55pm On Apr 29, 2019
tintingz:
There's no above of knowing, you know that's it, you have fact that can never be denied. E.g the Sun.

Believe is taking something as true even when there's no proof, it's same as faith.

There's no blind faith (that your dictionary definition is portraying) in Usul deen (fundamental principles of faith) of Islam. There is rational, philosophical prove for all of these Usul deen. You are not convinced about it so why trying to drag by force those who are not only convinced by it but also satisfied with it? Na by force grin
Re: Why Did Allah Create Rhesus Factor D? by Abdulbasit9: 1:35pm On Apr 29, 2019
AlBaqir:

Jazakhallah Albaqir. I have seen your recent thread. This explanation is more satisfactory than the few I received. You look at Islam with depth, really diffrently from just how we are taught.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did Allah Create Rhesus Factor D? by Abdulbasit9: 1:40pm On Apr 29, 2019
Empiree:
Doesn't antigen has some benefits to talk about. Why is your focus only on negative aspect?. There is always positive and negative, advantages and disadvantages. Both are necessarily needed to work together to put your body in check.

Antigen also prevents disease or sickness.

. second thought because of antigen?. You sure there was sincerity in your heart to begin with?. Medical practioners are recommended to get vaccine especially in the winter. Many reject flu shot despite many benefits taught by founder (s), Jonas Salk. I personally reject flu shot every year because I believe it doesn't do me any good. Some people still get sick after taken flu shot vaccine. But if you take medical cause they tell you vaccine prevents diseases 100% of the time. While benefits are derived from the flu vaccine for instance, antigen also produces substance that prevents sickness.

Everybody has second thought about everything. We're all human, no one is perfect. Even scholars do have their moments of doubt.
Re: Why Did Allah Create Rhesus Factor D? by Abdulbasit9: 1:47pm On Apr 29, 2019
usermane:

I got this response a few times. I think it is a difficult question and if you're still Muslim you will understand me. But even though I do not get everything Abaqir explained, I feel his answer gives me more patience.
Re: Why Did Allah Create Rhesus Factor D? by Abdulbasit9: 1:54pm On Apr 29, 2019
tintingz:

But it is hard to know everything. There are things you just have to believe until we can find the means of confirming it. Like the Rh factor. We just agree it is there since scientist said so. We believe, we do not know.
Re: Why Did Allah Create Rhesus Factor D? by tintingz(m): 2:08pm On Apr 29, 2019
AlBaqir:

There's no blind faith (that your dictionary definition is portraying) in Usul deen (fundamental principles of faith) of Islam. There is rational, philosophical prove for all of these Usul deen. You are not convinced about it so why trying to drag by force those who are not only convinced by it but also satisfied with it? Na by force grin
Faith mostly works with subjectivity e.g personal experience. These are not proof, faith is not proof of something but a believe.

- I believe Superman exist, I've faith in him, I'm satisfied with it because I've encountered him(personal experience).

- We can all see the sun above, this is the proof the sun exist.

Maybe you should define what believe and faith is in your views.

I've asked to proof afterlife, you said there's a proof, kindly present it.
Re: Why Did Allah Create Rhesus Factor D? by tintingz(m): 2:27pm On Apr 29, 2019
Abdulbasit9:

But it is hard to know everything. There are things you just have to believe until we can find the means of confirming it. Like the Rh factor. We just agree it is there since scientist said so. We believe, we do not know.
Ofocs we haven't discover everything, infact there over trillions phenomena we have not discover in the universe.

When you said you believe in something then you accept it as true but then you can't proof it or there is no proof. E.g I believe the sun will rise tomorrow, you don't have proof it will rise, you just assume by believing.

In science they also postulate something but then they don't take it completely true, they only hypothesize it till there are strong evidences and if there are no evidences they throw it to the bin.

In religion when they believe in something they have full trust in it, it's the complete truth, this is called "faith", you just have to have faith even when there's no proof.
Re: Why Did Allah Create Rhesus Factor D? by Empiree: 2:53pm On Apr 29, 2019
Abdulbasit9:

Everybody has second thought about everything. We're all human, no one is perfect. Even scholars do have their moments of doubt.
not on this cheap topic
Re: Why Did Allah Create Rhesus Factor D? by usermane(m): 6:04pm On Apr 29, 2019
Abdulbasit9:

I got this response a few times. I think it is a difficult question and if you're still Muslim you will understand me. But even though I do not get everything Abaqir explained, I feel his answer gives me more patience.

I figured. This is a very critical subject as far as theism is concerned. Don't let anyone guilt-trip you or judge your intent for speaking out. Be objective.

Take nothing on faith, take everything on evidences, there is no better rule.
Re: Why Did Allah Create Rhesus Factor D? by AlBaqir(m): 5:28am On Apr 30, 2019
tintingz:
Ofocs we haven't discover everything, infact there over trillions phenomena we have not discover in the universe.

But scientists (and quack like you) BELIEVE in them grin grin

Black hole is a typical example. It took decades before it is seen.

3 Likes

Re: Why Did Allah Create Rhesus Factor D? by tintingz(m): 7:10am On Apr 30, 2019
AlBaqir:

But scientists (and quack like you) BELIEVE in them grin grin

Black hole is a typical example. It took decades before it is seen.
Yes we postulate them at first, at least we have reasonable things to believe in but then we can change our positions towards it.

They are assumptions not to be taken as fact until they have strong evidences. It's not a faith!

Black hole has little evidence and observations at first reason the theory was held for long now there are strong evidences coming in.

Science goal is to know not to believe!
Re: Why Did Allah Create Rhesus Factor D? by AlBaqir(m): 9:22am On Apr 30, 2019
tintingz:
Yes we postulate them at first, at least we have reasonable things to believe in but then we can change our positions towards it.

Science goal is to know not to believe!

You "believe". You "don't believe"? Are you still okay sha?

"We have reasonable things to believe in..." grin I thought your dictionary said "believe" is blind without proof grin

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Pull I Feel Towards Islam / 7 Traps Of Shaytan (satan) / 18 Amazing Sources Of Barakah.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.