Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,640 members, 7,820,246 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:04 PM

Ben Ayade Warns BudgIT Over Spreading Of Lies About Superhighway Project - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ben Ayade Warns BudgIT Over Spreading Of Lies About Superhighway Project (7758 Views)

Buhari Government: 2900 Payments Worth N51bn Paid Into Personal Accounts– BudgIT / List Of States That Can Survive Without Federal Allocation By BudgIT / PDP Is Unfair Party With No Conscience - Ben Ayade (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ben Ayade Warns BudgIT Over Spreading Of Lies About Superhighway Project by kidap: 8:23am On Apr 27, 2019
Cross River state Governor, Professor Ben Ayade through his Press Secretary has sent a clear warning to BudgIT, a self-acclaimed Civic Organization that applies technology to intersect citizen engagement with institutional improvement, to facilitate societal change.

The Governor warned the Organization tip feeding Nigerians with lies about the Cross Rivers Superhighway Project which is ongoing. Read statements below:

“It has become clear in the last few hours that BudgIT is on a Campaign to smear the Governor of Cross River, Prof Ayade regarding the on-going construction of a 275km, six lane superhighway.

It claims, falsely that the governor wants to borrow over N600 billion to fund the project and it will take the state 180 years to repay the debt.
It is shocking that BudgIT does not know that by the time Ayade assumed the reins of office, Cross River had attained the threshold of borrowing.
This simply means that Cross River cannot borrow and it has not borrowed a dime under Ayade. So if the state can’t borrow, how is it going to borrow over N600 billion Naira and from which financial institution?

Again, which contractor or borrowing institution will sign an agreement with a state to be paid off its debts in 180 years? I mean will such an institution or contractor still be in existence in 180 years from now?

BudgIT should save what is left of its integrity by sticking to facts which are believable rather than regurgitate beer parlour gossip.”

Christian Ita, Chief Press Secretary to Governor Ben Ayade.

Source: http://www.ngg.ng/2019/04/27/cross-river-governor-ben-ayade-warns-budgit-over-lies-on-the-superhighway-project/

1 Like

Re: Ben Ayade Warns BudgIT Over Spreading Of Lies About Superhighway Project by Nobody: 9:25am On Apr 27, 2019
The only thing stopping me from believing that Ayade wanted to borrow the money is the part where he said Cross River has reached threshold of borrowing and has not borrowed a dime since Ayade's administration.

Aside that, I wouldn't doubt the possibility of the governor trying to mortgage the future of the state with a #600b loan.

The 180 years is not necessarily a contractual period of agreement but an estimation by BudgIT I would like to suppose.

Las las, there's truth in every rumour.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ben Ayade Warns BudgIT Over Spreading Of Lies About Superhighway Project by slimfit1(m): 9:39am On Apr 27, 2019
No meaningful projects from an oil-producing state. Borno produced lots with nothing. You need to start asking questions from your governor or ask for his mental medical record. I just can't be a governor and all im doing is paying salary and inspecting rubbish.

You need to start preparing for life without oil revenues, make sure oil cleaning up by the federal government is carried out.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ben Ayade Warns BudgIT Over Spreading Of Lies About Superhighway Project by Greatpoet(m): 9:46am On Apr 27, 2019
Naija
Re: Ben Ayade Warns BudgIT Over Spreading Of Lies About Superhighway Project by ucheo: 9:59am On Apr 27, 2019
When i saw the 180 years i know beer parlour gossip don enter. This Governors should be monitored, thats how govt of duke overborrowed in the name of failed Tinapa

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ben Ayade Warns BudgIT Over Spreading Of Lies About Superhighway Project by Greatpoet(m): 10:47am On Apr 27, 2019
grin
Re: Ben Ayade Warns BudgIT Over Spreading Of Lies About Superhighway Project by Dalexicographer(m): 1:22pm On Apr 27, 2019
Smh...
180 years to pay back? undecided
Re: Ben Ayade Warns BudgIT Over Spreading Of Lies About Superhighway Project by Nobody: 1:23pm On Apr 27, 2019
slimfit1:
No meaningful projects from an oil-producing state. Borno produced lots with nothing. You need to start asking questions from your governor or ask for his mental medical record. I just can't be a governor and all im doing is paying salary and inspecting rubbish.

You need to start preparing for life without oil revenues, make sure oil cleaning up by the federal government is carried out.

Dunce as usual. Have you been to cross river state?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ben Ayade Warns BudgIT Over Spreading Of Lies About Superhighway Project by Dalexicographer(m): 1:24pm On Apr 27, 2019
kassidy4luvGEJ:

Dunce as usual. Have you been to cross river state?
What's special?? angry

1 Like

Re: Ben Ayade Warns BudgIT Over Spreading Of Lies About Superhighway Project by eedimo(m): 1:29pm On Apr 27, 2019
slimfit1:

[Can you tell us the exact area in Cross River State that produces oil]

8 Likes

Re: Ben Ayade Warns BudgIT Over Spreading Of Lies About Superhighway Project by Stalwert: 1:30pm On Apr 27, 2019
cheesy grin grin let some foolish youths not face their problems and keep deluding themselves into thinking that the North is their problem. The same fools will keep talking of yahaya Bello while ignoring their governance by kerosene state

3 Likes

Re: Ben Ayade Warns BudgIT Over Spreading Of Lies About Superhighway Project by Nobody: 1:30pm On Apr 27, 2019
This sweet babe for the second pics...Shey na Governor get am ni or Contractor?? grin

1 Like

Re: Ben Ayade Warns BudgIT Over Spreading Of Lies About Superhighway Project by Nobody: 1:32pm On Apr 27, 2019
our yahoo governor
Re: Ben Ayade Warns BudgIT Over Spreading Of Lies About Superhighway Project by Blue3k(m): 1:42pm On Apr 27, 2019
Cross River has asked the state assembly to approve N300 million monthly irrevocable standing payment order for superhighway. The paynents would last 180 years before factoring in tolls on highway. Btw Budgit estimated alternatives to superhighway, Cross River said it didnt want it.

It's going to be an interesting 4 years with this Ayade in charge.

3 Likes

Re: Ben Ayade Warns BudgIT Over Spreading Of Lies About Superhighway Project by ntyce(m): 1:50pm On Apr 27, 2019
Onigbinde lies over a lot of things all for the sake of foreign aid....
The guy is now in the USA with family instigating Nigerians against their leaders.

Budgit kor, Expense nii

2 Likes

Re: Ben Ayade Warns BudgIT Over Spreading Of Lies About Superhighway Project by doctorgold(m): 1:50pm On Apr 27, 2019
Which oil? Palm oil?
slimfit1:

2 Likes

Re: Ben Ayade Warns BudgIT Over Spreading Of Lies About Superhighway Project by ntyce(m): 1:52pm On Apr 27, 2019
Blue3k:
Cross river has asked State assembly to approve N300 million monthly irrevocable standing payment order for superhighway. The paynents woukd last 180 years before factoring in tolls you would also pay on highway. It's going to be an interesting 4 years with this guy in charge of the state.

Btw Budgit estimated alternatives to superhighway cross river said it didnt want.

The Gov's aide just said the state isn't borrowing and can't borrow.
If you have any evidence of such approval kindly provide.

Thanks
Re: Ben Ayade Warns BudgIT Over Spreading Of Lies About Superhighway Project by Blue3k(m): 1:59pm On Apr 27, 2019
ntyce:

The Gov's aide just said the state isn't borrowing and can't borrow.
If you have any evidence of such approval kindly provide.

Thanks

Ok I said they're using 300m naira ISPO to fund 648 billion naira project. The other method they have is their infrastructure fund. Then other tolls for investors to recoup cash.

“Four per cent of all accruals to the state have been going to this account by law for the purpose of infrastructure development. This is because while we are planning for this project, we also have a plan B. You keep asking yourself, supposing the investors’ fund would not come, are you going to drop this project or not? And even when the investors come, what is going to be your equity contribution?

1 Like

Re: Ben Ayade Warns BudgIT Over Spreading Of Lies About Superhighway Project by wellmax(m): 2:27pm On Apr 27, 2019
I knew immediately that the news was trash when I saw it.
Loan to repay in180 years? Who will issue that.

Useless Bugdit
Re: Ben Ayade Warns BudgIT Over Spreading Of Lies About Superhighway Project by Ayotemide(f): 2:43pm On Apr 27, 2019
If Budgit is wrong with the loan and repayments
plan rumour; what about the obvious alternatives for that Superhighway proposed? Are they wrong too?
Re: Ben Ayade Warns BudgIT Over Spreading Of Lies About Superhighway Project by Lordtunji(m): 3:46pm On Apr 27, 2019
slimfit1:

Its not an oil producing state
Re: Ben Ayade Warns BudgIT Over Spreading Of Lies About Superhighway Project by babzo(m): 4:27pm On Apr 27, 2019
Please buy that SS guy better suit abeg!

In this matter, i believe Budget IT more than the Governor with budget of "Kinect Crystallization ". Governor who was crying after signing impossible budget of N900 billion

All of them looking like they have real plans for the people. Everything they are all thinking and talking there is how to make more money or buy something. By 8pm now is which girl to knack or where to go and unwind after a "tough day".

3 Likes

Re: Ben Ayade Warns BudgIT Over Spreading Of Lies About Superhighway Project by garfield1: 4:38pm On Apr 27, 2019
babzo:
Please buy that SS guy better suit abeg!

In this matter, i believe Budget IT more than the Governor with budget of "Kinect Crystallization ". Governor who was crying after signing impossible budget of N900 billion

All of them looking like they have real plans for the people. Everything they are all thinking and talking there is how to make more money or buy something. By 8pm now is which girl to knack or where to go and unwind after a "tough day".
Yes my brother.the governor is s fraud,s scammer,the worst in the south.all his projects are on the media but nothing on ground.he is using the imaginary suprrhighway to scam the state and curry more loans

1 Like

Re: Ben Ayade Warns BudgIT Over Spreading Of Lies About Superhighway Project by donnie(m): 4:39pm On Apr 27, 2019
D way dis man dey pose ehn.. grin
If na the same way e dey work, crs for don be Dubai

1 Like

Re: Ben Ayade Warns BudgIT Over Spreading Of Lies About Superhighway Project by marz17(m): 4:51pm On Apr 27, 2019
garfield1:

Yes my brother.the governor is s fraud,s scammer,the worst in the south.all his projects are on the media but nothing on ground.he is using the imaginary suprrhighway to scam the state and curry more loans
How do you know
Elaborate
Re: Ben Ayade Warns BudgIT Over Spreading Of Lies About Superhighway Project by nicepoker101(m): 5:25pm On Apr 27, 2019
slimfit1:

how many barrels do they produce daily. I guess non
Re: Ben Ayade Warns BudgIT Over Spreading Of Lies About Superhighway Project by babzo(m): 5:56pm On Apr 27, 2019
garfield1:

That is really bad.

1 Like

Re: Ben Ayade Warns BudgIT Over Spreading Of Lies About Superhighway Project by Gaffass(m): 6:03pm On Apr 27, 2019
Ayade want to build a super highway cutting across virgin forest while there is a dilapidated Calabar-ogoja highway. Na wa.

1 Like

Re: Ben Ayade Warns BudgIT Over Spreading Of Lies About Superhighway Project by pcicero(m): 6:08pm On Apr 27, 2019
You all know BudgIT would have gotten the figures from reliable sources.

This repudiation by the State government did not state explicitly how the project is to be funded.
Though I like Ben Ayade but he doesn't have to put the state in perpetual debt to prove a point.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Imumolen Debunks Claims He Is Working For A Tinubu Presidency / Another Fuel Subsidy Removal Protester Killed In Kano / Warm Homecoming For Ugwuanyi, As Nwodo Describes Him 'best Performing Governor"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.