Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,544 members, 7,812,707 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:49 PM

After Years Of Rubbish In Nigeria,just Pack And Go - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / After Years Of Rubbish In Nigeria,just Pack And Go (7910 Views)

SUPER Clean S10+ With Charger, Pack And Other Materials / SAMSUNG S8+ 64gb With Pack and Assesories @75k / Clean Iphone 8plus For Sale (pack And Receipt Intact) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

After Years Of Rubbish In Nigeria,just Pack And Go by ddjay: 2:49pm On Apr 27, 2019
Xiaomi is here and for real, Huawei has also picked up by improving its market space, affordable and of high quality, and in the international market already competing with Samsung, Sony and even iphone,..this no joke, lie, or marketing strategies, just check the world market for all phones, xiaomi and huawei have gotten to the top. Now all these crap some say only meant for Nigeria and Africa called tecno, itel and infinix mtcheew... well i keep telling them, put tecno and infinix in Europe and USA lets see how good their market performance will be, at least everyone knows Nigeria is a dumping ground and thats what tecno and infinix are enjoying. BUT THANK GOD, THE PHONES EUROPEANS, BRITISH AND AMERICANS USE, IS WHAT I WILL USE. so tecno and your sister infinix, abeg come pack your rubbish go...

21 Likes

Re: After Years Of Rubbish In Nigeria,just Pack And Go by harri25(m): 2:51pm On Apr 27, 2019
yes oh let them pack and go we have heard enough of them. am currently using huawei y9 2019. just a cool phone

16 Likes

Re: After Years Of Rubbish In Nigeria,just Pack And Go by ddjay: 6:06pm On Apr 27, 2019
harri25:
yes oh let them pack and go we have heard enough of them. am currently using huawei y9 2019. just a cool phone
j
Congrats,you made a good choice

4 Likes

Re: After Years Of Rubbish In Nigeria,just Pack And Go by Nobody: 7:46pm On Apr 27, 2019
I was thinking of geting Itel p33; oreo,8by5 camera, igb ram, 16-32gb rom, 4000&5k ba3 @24k. Is it a gud choice? I had nokia x5 in mind but pocket-wise @ddjay

1 Like

Re: After Years Of Rubbish In Nigeria,just Pack And Go by thatareaguy: 9:23pm On Apr 27, 2019
ddjay:

Xiaomi is here and for real, Huawei has also picked up by improving its market space, affordable and of high quality, and in the international market already competing with Samsung, Sony and even iphone,..this no joke, lie, or marketing strategies, just check the world market for all phones, xiaomi and huawei have gotten to the top. Now all these crap some say only meant for Nigeria and Africa called tecno, itel and infinix mtcheew... well i keep telling them, put tecno and infinix in Europe and USA lets see how good their market performance will be, at least everyone knows Nigeria is a dumping ground and thats what tecno and infinix are enjoying. BUT THANK GOD, THE PHONES EUROPEANS, BRITISH AND AMERICANS USE, IS WHAT I WILL USE. so tecno and your sister infinix, abeg come pack your rubbish go...

The compang that makes both tecno and infinix, Transsion Holdings, operate mainly in Africa. It is a deliberate decision - to sell decent smartphones at affordable prices to Africans. To say that they see Nigeria and the rest of Africa as a dumping ground is rather unfair.

26 Likes

Re: After Years Of Rubbish In Nigeria,just Pack And Go by ddjay: 9:33pm On Apr 27, 2019
thatareaguy:

The compang that makes both tecno and infinix, Transsion Holdings, operate mainly in Africa. It is a deliberate decision - to sell decent smartphones at affordable prices to Africans. To say that they see Nigeria and the rest of Africa as a dumping is rather unfair.
Calling the phones decent is wrong, but you see, most African countries cannot regulate the quality of goods imported because they are affordable.... This is still not an excuse for poor standards

14 Likes

Re: After Years Of Rubbish In Nigeria,just Pack And Go by eki2000(m): 9:35pm On Apr 27, 2019
my opinion is that it is good a phone brand that is used worldwide especially in Europe
Re: After Years Of Rubbish In Nigeria,just Pack And Go by ddjay: 9:49pm On Apr 27, 2019
eki2000:
my opinion is that it is good a phone brand that is used worldwide especially in Europe
tecno and infinix don't want to enter the western market where quality is a standard, but they prefare a continent where rubbish is normal

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Years Of Rubbish In Nigeria,just Pack And Go by MrMcJay(m): 11:21pm On Apr 27, 2019
thatareaguy:

The compang that makes both tecno and infinix, Transsion Holdings, operate mainly in Africa. It is a deliberate decision - to sell decent smartphones at affordable prices to Africans. To say that they see Nigeria and the rest of Africa as a dumping is rather unfair.

1. Those phones aren't decent. They are useless pieces of crap which no regulatory body had certified Okay.

2. Those phones are made in China but dare not be sold in China. They would be prosecuted for breach in standardisation laws.

3. Tecno, Infinix and Itel as well as their substandard products aren't doing Nigerians a favour, we are rather victims of their greed.

What is stopping Tecno from offering us what xiaomi offers even if it's slightly higher?

Over the next few weeks, I'll be buying some Xiaomi products and sending to my folks. Those using Tecno would see it and cry.

23 Likes

Re: After Years Of Rubbish In Nigeria,just Pack And Go by ZAWs: 6:05am On Apr 28, 2019
I've said it before that in a sane country, tecno and co are even below substandard! These phones are very bad.(until they step up their quality)
Recycling trash every month, no new feature on any update/upgrade.
But in Xiaomi and co., There's always something to enjoy on every update/upgrade.

4 Likes

Re: After Years Of Rubbish In Nigeria,just Pack And Go by thatareaguy: 6:13am On Apr 28, 2019
ddjay:

tecno and infinix don't want to enter the western market where quality is a standard, but they prefare a continent where rubbish is normal

It's like saying Jumia is bad because they sell in the African market only. That's part of their business model.
Re: After Years Of Rubbish In Nigeria,just Pack And Go by mrNEMZY(m): 6:19am On Apr 28, 2019
I have used, Samsung, infinix, and tecno.

As a customer, I have not seen much difference in them in terms of performance, they all do the same thing. However somethings are note worthy.
1. Tecno battery depreciates with time.
2. Rarely you can get an infinix phone that overheats, if you do so, go back and change it.
3. Samsung is just costly for nothing, doesn't do anything different from any other android. And the battery capacity is mostly poo.

Hate all you want, but Infinix and tecno have come to stay in Africa, because they answer the questions of efficiency, affordability, ease to repair and finding spoilt parts, and long lasting after each charge.

Until this high end phones can answer these questions, they can carry their high class bullshit and remain in Europe. I won't leave a phone of 70k to go and buy the one of 300k that does the same thing

25 Likes

Re: After Years Of Rubbish In Nigeria,just Pack And Go by Lexusgs430: 6:36am On Apr 28, 2019
*COUGHS*..........

Don't also forget to mention Umidigi too, in this takeover mix ......... grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Years Of Rubbish In Nigeria,just Pack And Go by thatareaguy: 6:46am On Apr 28, 2019
MrMcJay:

1. Those phones aren't decent. They are useless pieces of crap which no regulatory body had certified Okay.

2. Those phones are made in China but dare not be sold in China. They would be prosecuted for breach in standardisation laws.

3. Tecno, Infinix and Itel as well as their substandard products aren't doing Nigerians a favour, we are rather victims of their greed.

What is stopping Tecno from offering us what xiaomi offers even if it's slightly higher?

Over the next few weeks, I'll be buying some Xiaomi products and sending to my folks. Those using Tecno would see it and cry.

1. Can u name some of the standardization laws they broke? Any sources?
You made a point that is similar to this: "Jumia's founders are from Europe, they dare not operate in Europe. They would be persecuted for breaching standardisation laws."

2. Finding it difficult to comprehend the hate. Apparently, they are "targeting" Africans to exploit them?? Nigerians are victims of Transsion's greed? Lmao. Without those phones, how many people would be using a smartphone?

1 Like

Re: After Years Of Rubbish In Nigeria,just Pack And Go by Lexusgs430: 7:03am On Apr 28, 2019
thatareaguy:

You made a point that is similar to this: "Jumia's founders are from Europe, they dare not operate in Europe. They would be persecuted for breaching standardisation laws."

2. Finding it difficult to comprehend the hate. Apparently, they are "targeting" Africans to exploit them?? Nigerians are victims of Transsion's greed? Lmao. Without those phones, how many people would be using a smartphone?

But who do we blame for lack of laws or enforcements of consumer goods acts?...

By right everything jumia sold, must have as standard, one years manufacturers warranty.......
Re: After Years Of Rubbish In Nigeria,just Pack And Go by humblesteve(m): 7:19am On Apr 28, 2019
Lexusgs430:
*COUGHS*..........

Ambassador himself. Let me ask, do you have another moniker with Umidigi that you get mentions whenever it’s been mentioned?
Re: After Years Of Rubbish In Nigeria,just Pack And Go by ddjay: 7:29am On Apr 28, 2019
mrNEMZY:

As a customer, I have not seen much difference in them in terms of performance, they all do the same thing. However somethings are note worthy.
2. Rarely you can get an infinix phone that overheats, if you do so, go back and change it.
3. Samsung is just costly for nothing, doesn't do anything different from any other android. And the battery capacity is mostly poo.
WW2
Hate all you want, but Infinix and tecno have come to stay in Africa, because they answer the questions of efficiency, affordability, ease to repair and finding spoilt parts, and long lasting after each charge.

Until this high end phones can answer these questions, they can carry their high class bullshit and remain in Europe. I won't leave a phone of 70k to go and buy the one of 300k that does the same thing
Sure, they make crap for countries that can't stop rubbish from entering their country

2 Likes

Re: After Years Of Rubbish In Nigeria,just Pack And Go by ddjay: 7:32am On Apr 28, 2019
thatareaguy:

The simple point is, infinix and co will prefare to operate in countries that don't have regulatory laws, i mean countries that can't differentiate between crap and rubbish just because its cheap

1 Like

Re: After Years Of Rubbish In Nigeria,just Pack And Go by Lexusgs430: 7:32am On Apr 28, 2019
humblesteve:

Ambassador himself. Let me ask, do you have another moniker with Umidigi that you get mentions whenever it’s been mentioned?

LOL......... Of course not.......

I am like a bad smell, you can't get rid of me easily........ grin
Re: After Years Of Rubbish In Nigeria,just Pack And Go by ddjay: 7:33am On Apr 28, 2019
Lexusgs430:
*COUGHS*..........

Them ma dey among the dirty wey internationally recognized brands with quality will sweep out
Re: After Years Of Rubbish In Nigeria,just Pack And Go by Lexusgs430: 7:34am On Apr 28, 2019
ddjay:

Them ma dey among the dirty wey internationally recognized brands with quality will sweep out

Keep dreaming.......

Umipeppering on full throttle........
Re: After Years Of Rubbish In Nigeria,just Pack And Go by patfenda(m): 7:46am On Apr 28, 2019
Vizzy4u:
I was thinking of geting Itel p33; oreo,8by5 camera, ig ram, 16-32gb rom, 4000&5k ba3 @24k. Is it a gud choice? I had nokia x5 in mind but pocket-wise @ddjay
huawei y6 pro....4000mah,2g ram,16rom....power bank....25k....07030971606
Re: After Years Of Rubbish In Nigeria,just Pack And Go by Lexusgs430: 7:50am On Apr 28, 2019
ddjay:

Show me a Tecno/Infinix thread, that has more followings than the Umidigi Discussion thread..........

Do you think all Umidigi devices buyers are collectively stupid, blindfolded or paid reviewers........

Think again...... Don't hate on the players...........
Re: After Years Of Rubbish In Nigeria,just Pack And Go by olujosh301(m): 7:52am On Apr 28, 2019
thatareaguy:

The compang that makes both tecno and infinix, Transsion Holdings, operate mainly in Africa. It is a deliberate decision - to sell decent smartphones at affordable prices to Africans. To say that they see Nigeria and the rest of Africa as a dumping ground is rather unfair.

They also sell their phones in India but they aren't popular because they cant offer better products compared to the the competition from the likes or realme, xiaomi, Huawei,Nokia,Samsung etc......

1 Like

Re: After Years Of Rubbish In Nigeria,just Pack And Go by olujosh301(m): 8:00am On Apr 28, 2019
[quote author=mrNEMZY post=77916645]I have used, Samsung, infinix, and tecno.

Does the same thing
You are those kind of people that would purchase the low - mid-range phones of a brand and use it to generalize the whole brand
There is no tecno phone that is better than most of the new A series 2019 samsung phones which have improved alot lately with better processors and larger batteries Soo what are you saying?

8 Likes

Re: After Years Of Rubbish In Nigeria,just Pack And Go by nazicartel(m): 8:11am On Apr 28, 2019
harri25:
how much is the phone now... want to get mine nxt wk
Re: After Years Of Rubbish In Nigeria,just Pack And Go by thatareaguy: 8:34am On Apr 28, 2019
ddjay:
The simple point is, infinix and co will prefare to operate in countries that don't have regulatory laws, i mean countries that can't differentiate between crap and rubbish just because its cheap

You are free to hate but what u r saying is not true.

Competing at the low end of the market is not a bad thing. They are smart for considering an emerging market. It has it challenges but if they continue to hold on, they'll reap rewards of first mover advantage. I don't know why u r trying to make it sound bad. What regulation are they breaking? Any sources? Prior to 2015 I used to use Tecno - Tecno F7 (Phantom A+). Even then it wasn't as bad as u r describing.

If Transsion Holdings wants to make Samsung esque phones, they would. But by doing so, the phones would become expensive. Even the Xiaomi u mentioned are just blatant copy cats. What makes u think Transsion can't do that? China has mastered the craft of copying.

5 Likes

Re: After Years Of Rubbish In Nigeria,just Pack And Go by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 8:55am On Apr 28, 2019
mrNEMZY:

Abeg which Samsung device did you use

1 Like

Re: After Years Of Rubbish In Nigeria,just Pack And Go by gcof(m): 9:19am On Apr 28, 2019
Lexusgs430:

But who do we blame for lack of laws or enforcements of consumer goods acts?...

By right everything jumia sold, must have as standard, one years manufacturers warranty.......
what you people have failed to understand is that with high quality of products, the price will also be high. It is not a question of law, Africa is still underdeveloped and a greater number of its population can not afford high quality phones. I think that is where the transsion company comes in, produce below standard phones that can give you a feel of the high end phones at a relatively cheap price
Re: After Years Of Rubbish In Nigeria,just Pack And Go by gcof(m): 9:31am On Apr 28, 2019
ddjay:

i don’t think it is about regulatory body. Any company can make quality products but the thing is this, do you think transsion would want to take the risk of making quality phones and competing with the likes of America’s Apple or Korea’s Samsung whom have already conquered the telephone industry or for them to just get into a virgin land like Africa and produce what suits the people?

1 Like

Re: After Years Of Rubbish In Nigeria,just Pack And Go by GumGum: 9:39am On Apr 28, 2019
Infinix and Tecno make affordable phones which can enable many people browse and enjoy the thrills of the Internet.

They made Nigeria the Internet Capital of Africa.

GumGum says so!
Re: After Years Of Rubbish In Nigeria,just Pack And Go by modextus(m): 10:01am On Apr 28, 2019
MrMcJay:

Add me join na. As per padi padi level... cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Do I Activate Mobile Hotspot With Glo? / Graphic Images: Please DO NOT Attempt this badass on your phone (check list) / How To Get 1gb With #60 On Airtel Tested

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.