Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,411 members, 7,815,917 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:58 PM

Can 1.3 Million Naira Build 3 Bed Room Flat? - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Can 1.3 Million Naira Build 3 Bed Room Flat? (41352 Views)

How Much Will It Cost Me To Build 3 Bed Room Flat? / Can 3million Naira Build A 2bedroom Storey Building In Ikorodu / Various 2&3 Bed Room Flat To Let For 1year Option In Ago Okota (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can 1.3 Million Naira Build 3 Bed Room Flat? by Jarus(m): 3:24pm On Sep 20, 2010
My candid advice is go ahead.
Re: Can 1.3 Million Naira Build 3 Bed Room Flat? by Exponental(m): 3:25pm On Sep 20, 2010
possibly Yes!
But it depends on the
LOCATION! LOCATION!! LOCATION!!!
But dont expect something nice!

1 Like

Re: Can 1.3 Million Naira Build 3 Bed Room Flat? by Jarus(m): 3:29pm On Sep 20, 2010
Am not buying any land and can two plot of land be enough for it? and still have some space.
2 plots should be enough. Mine is a little over 2 plots, and it has 3 bedroom main building, BQ at the back, space for parking and enough open space.
Re: Can 1.3 Million Naira Build 3 Bed Room Flat? by geoger: 3:36pm On Sep 20, 2010
thank you all for your comments,i really appreciate them. now i know how i can use to build.
Re: Can 1.3 Million Naira Build 3 Bed Room Flat? by kufreabasi(m): 3:43pm On Sep 20, 2010
Never see any failure while you are into it. Just see yourself finishing it with all amount hope plus that money so far land is on ground.
Re: Can 1.3 Million Naira Build 3 Bed Room Flat? by alldone(m): 3:50pm On Sep 20, 2010
It will go a long way, and it depend on funishing. if the area is not a swamp like lagos. the with cheap labour and if have good people that will supervise it
Re: Can 1.3 Million Naira Build 3 Bed Room Flat? by obijack: 4:01pm On Sep 20, 2010
@poster,

Building in the village is good but should done at your own pace.

As for 1.3m doing the job, I do not think its possible. I am currently doing a 3 bedroom in Ikorodu which I started in April and by MAY I had already spent close to have a mil.

The foundation is on dry level ground and I decided after the foundation to develop only the KITCHEN, SITTING ROOM, DINING AND VISITOR'S TOILET (all of which are at the front) to a complete finish including roofing b4 proceeding with the rest as man no know wetin go happen tomorrow. So far to complete the front alone with borehole, tiles and sceptic will cost another 1.3m based on rough estimates.

So for a standard appreciable 3 bedroom, 1.3m can go a long way but cannot finish the project.

PS: Direct labour was used in my case and I sourced the materials myself.

So goodluck.
Re: Can 1.3 Million Naira Build 3 Bed Room Flat? by obijack: 4:05pm On Sep 20, 2010
And Poster,

This is my second project in this area and its no joke when you are building especially if you are on an average paid employment but I will advise u start now with what u have and I assure u that u will be amazed how quickly u will realise the project (all things being equal).
Re: Can 1.3 Million Naira Build 3 Bed Room Flat? by Stonnydrey(m): 4:58pm On Sep 20, 2010
1.3, Yes you will be able to build a Guard House with Dog House

1 Like

Re: Can 1.3 Million Naira Build 3 Bed Room Flat? by orangemen: 5:03pm On Sep 20, 2010
It can, depending on your taste and the kind of 3 bed room flat u have in mind.
Is it a 3 bed room flat with toilets and bathrooms attached to all the rooms?
Do u intend to use tiles or just neat flooring for the bathroom and kitchen?

As for the size of land u need; less than half a pot of land will do the job.
But with 2 plots that u have; i suggest u employ a very good architect to give u a very good design to make this flat u want to build a form of BQ. That is; build it at the extreme end of the land, leaving enough space to accommodate at least 2 more buildings later.

I have a 4 bedroom flat in my village(town really) in Edo and the money i spent was just slightly above that amount initially, but i was able to move it. I upgraded the finishings when i had more money.

So, plan well and seek the advice of experts before u commerce.
Good luck!

@oisehumen (m),
u have my vote.

@poster,
uncle, the key word here is taste. many ppl in our villages can build 6 bedrooms with that amount. listen, organise ppl to rake local sand for u at the lowest rate, family labour can protect u from any form of paid labour as long as u organise food and drinks. u can cut woods from your family trees and use the cheapest form of roofing sheets. windows and doors from that carpenter near your market square. most of the houses in our villages were made with lesser amounts but the finishing of a building is where the taste lies.
PLEASE NOTE : U MUST BE THERE FOR THIS TO HAPPEN, UNCLES, AUNTIES, BROTHERS, SISTERS, AND PAPA'S FRIENDS WILL GIVE HEART ATTACK IF U WANT THEM TO DO THIS FOR U.
i can tell u to budget N2m for tiles, N1m for long span roofing sheets, N1m for security doors, 500k for alumaco windows, toilet and kicthen with wardrobe will cost u another N1m, painting will be like 300k then your protectors etc will be like 300k.
Re: Can 1.3 Million Naira Build 3 Bed Room Flat? by sandee575(f): 5:41pm On Sep 20, 2010
@Jarus
are you not scared of snakes in that bush?
Re: Can 1.3 Million Naira Build 3 Bed Room Flat? by Jarus(m): 6:16pm On Sep 20, 2010
sandee575:

@Jarus
Where is there no snake? grin

Actually, it's a new developing area. There are a few completed houses and equally in-progress houses around there not captured by the pic.
Re: Can 1.3 Million Naira Build 3 Bed Room Flat? by Yorisb: 6:23pm On Sep 20, 2010
1.3 will never never never be enough for it no matter the location/cheap labour.

Just the German flooring/rods - You will have spent almost all the cash.

1 Like

Re: Can 1.3 Million Naira Build 3 Bed Room Flat? by Outstrip(f): 6:28pm On Sep 20, 2010
People still use asbestos in Nigeria? shocked

1 Like

Re: Can 1.3 Million Naira Build 3 Bed Room Flat? by manyathink(f): 6:34pm On Sep 20, 2010
pleaseeeee give the guy a break,how many of us have saved enough to mould one block,bros carry go

3 Likes

Re: Can 1.3 Million Naira Build 3 Bed Room Flat? by Nobody: 7:01pm On Sep 20, 2010
Re: Can 1.3 Million Naira Build 3 Bed Room Flat? by jot01(m): 7:11pm On Sep 20, 2010
Hey Guys,
I think with 1.3m, the poster will be close to completing his Project.

There is one thing in building we need to remember is Labour and materials.

You cannot compare the price of Cement in Lagos to his village and ofcourse prices of blocks.

Also Labour will be very very cheap there, So he can start the project with 1.3 and see where it gets too.

Hope this help a little Bit.

Cheers
Re: Can 1.3 Million Naira Build 3 Bed Room Flat? by sandee575(f): 7:29pm On Sep 20, 2010
Re: Can 1.3 Million Naira Build 3 Bed Room Flat?
« #43 on: Today at 06:16:01 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote from: sandee575 on Today at 05:41:13 PM
@Jarus

Where is there no snake?

Actually, it's a new developing area. There are a few completed houses and equally in-progress houses around there not captured by the pic.

Needless to say, yours will become No. 1 JARUS STREET, Okokomaikolokirani, Kwara State.
Re: Can 1.3 Million Naira Build 3 Bed Room Flat? by Jarus(m): 7:43pm On Sep 20, 2010
sandee575:

Needless to say, yours will become No. 1 JARUS STREET, Okokomaikolokirani, Kwara State.
grin

@ poster, let me give you another clue:

Dig your soak-aways as early as the project begins, then the sands dug out from them can be used in filling while doing the foundation. This reduces the number of lorries of sands you will need to be at foundation stage. You can see the ditch in front of the BQ in my picture 2. The sands dug out from there was used to partly fill the main building foundation. My project supervisor did that idea.

Also, like somebody mentioned, if you are doing it from Lagos, make sure the person in charge in your village is very trustworthy and has time to supervise. Let them account for every kobo spent. 18 bags of cement did a disappearing act in my case, but my supervisor was able to detect. Some workmen connived and played smart.

1 Like

Re: Can 1.3 Million Naira Build 3 Bed Room Flat? by salem7: 8:29pm On Sep 20, 2010
it wont enough at all no matter hw much u try to manage it.the most important thing is that u start something with money.
Re: Can 1.3 Million Naira Build 3 Bed Room Flat? by Emy4u(m): 9:35pm On Sep 20, 2010
Yea! It can. I'm 4rm Nkwerre nd i'v done such 4 a friend in my home town @ N2m to Carcas level wit long span roofing. It depends on wat u want. N1.2Mm can, but wit local materials. Need more info, call Emex and Associates on 08032656430.
Re: Can 1.3 Million Naira Build 3 Bed Room Flat? by candylips(m): 10:38pm On Sep 20, 2010
1.3million ke. thats too small
Re: Can 1.3 Million Naira Build 3 Bed Room Flat? by Nobody: 11:38pm On Sep 20, 2010
[b]Thats a low budget and it wont get very far,
This cost 2.5 and notice that everything is so moderate and no-flash. Almost an "F" quality home.

Its a project I dont like attributing with my company, but well, it was built for a colleague.

And a home it is, simple, yet you should note that some vital things are lacking, such as:

1. if a structure like this was to be ever built in a low-terrain where water could easily seep into the building, or water lodged area, the owner would be in loads of trouble. good thing is, this particular one is built on a hilly land, very high and free from this kind of kasala. I hope your plot is a highland.

2. Fencing your plot is very essential. Its security. Its exclusivity. Its keeping trouble away. Its privacy. Its cool!

3. And using a slate for your roof makes it easier for thieves to burgle you. They cant do that with an aluminum which is impossible to pop or uncoil.
And hey, did you notice theres no security on the entire property like buglary proof or net or welded railing infront of the door.

So, its not just about "saving cost" but also saving yourself from further contigencies. It takes a good thinker to screw with properties that are poorly planned, developed, and built. A property like this is in the open and could be easily sold to someone else by those daredevil omo-oniles or insane agents and 419 dudes.

Though I understand time is crazy, sometimes, the risk is worth it. If I have a property like this, I would happily jump in, not with the shit my landlord is putting me thru with yearly increment of rent.
Go for it brother. God be with you!!!!

Want to buy a secure, safe and stress-free land, or build on it

1 Like

Re: Can 1.3 Million Naira Build 3 Bed Room Flat? by jot01(m): 12:16am On Sep 21, 2010
yemi313:

[b]Thats a low budget and it wont get very far,
This cost 2.5 and notice that everything is so moderate and no-flash. Almost an "F" quality home.

Its a project I dont like attributing with my company, but well, it was built for a colleague.

And a home it is, simple, yet you should note that some vital things are lacking, such as:

1. if a structure like this was to be ever built in a low-terrain where water could easily seep into the building, or water lodged area, the owner would be in loads of trouble. good thing is, this particular one is built on a hilly land, very high and free from this kind of kasala. I hope your plot is a highland.

2. Fencing your plot is very essential. Its security. Its exclusivity. Its keeping trouble away. Its privacy. Its cool!

3. And using a slate for your roof makes it easier for thieves to burgle you. They cant do that with an aluminum which is impossible to pop or uncoil.
And hey, did you notice theres no security on the entire property like buglary proof or net or welded railing infront of the door.

So, its not just about "saving cost" but also saving yourself from further contigencies. It takes a good thinker to screw with properties that are poorly planned, developed, and built. A property like this is in the open and could be easily sold to someone else by those daredevil omo-oniles or insane agents and 419 dudes.

Though I understand time is crazy, sometimes, the risk is worth it. If I have a property like this, I would happily jump in, not with the poo my landlord is putting me thru with yearly increment of rent.
Go for it brother. God be with you!!!!

Want to buy a secure, safe and stress-free land, or build on it,
Visit or Call us: www.aasog.com: 08036685576
[/b]

Is it possible to give rough estimate of how much it might cost to have an Aluminium roofing for this property you posted here and also please include the Plank for the roof and Aluminium, Just a rough estimate.

Hope you can help.
Re: Can 1.3 Million Naira Build 3 Bed Room Flat? by JesusloveU: 7:07am On Sep 21, 2010
That 1.3 million is small.I built downstair in Imo state with 2.6m with decking and labour fee.4 rooms,1 parlour,1 kitchen,1 toilet,1 dinning room and 1 bathroom.
Re: Can 1.3 Million Naira Build 3 Bed Room Flat? by Nobody: 8:21am On Sep 21, 2010
100 pcs of 2x3x12 (hardwood) @ -N-400 per 1 =#40,000
60 pcs of 2x4x12 (hardwood) @ -N-500 per 1 = #30,000
60 pcs of 3x4x12 (hardwood) @ -N-800 pe 1 = #48,000
facing board (sales & smoothing per 1 = #1,300) also called 1x12x12 for this we will need 40 pcs = #52,000
long span aluminum 0.45 for a 35m x 40m roof such as this is been calculated around = #185,000
aluminum flashings for the side roof, = 50mtrs -N-30,000
aluminum accessories: -N-20,000
aluminum roof installation & carpentry -N-100,000
wall belts 20 pcs = -N-5,000
roof nails/caps: 5 dozens = -N4,000
2 bags of 4 in' nail = -N-10,000
1 bag og 3 in' nail = -N-4,000
Wood treatment (1 gallon of treatment chemical, 30 liters of Kerosene all mixed together) = -N-8,000
Plus transportation of materials = (Null, depends on distance, etc),

totals: -N- 543,000

1 Like

Re: Can 1.3 Million Naira Build 3 Bed Room Flat? by chelseabmw(m): 10:54am On Sep 21, 2010
All this info are really helping me here. . . . .i love it
Re: Can 1.3 Million Naira Build 3 Bed Room Flat? by lekanbar(m): 10:56am On Sep 21, 2010
Depends on the kind of house in question, maybe a house with no roof or foundation, that will definitely do, lol grin

http://lekanbaruwa./

1 Like

Re: Can 1.3 Million Naira Build 3 Bed Room Flat? by Demainman1: 11:46am On Sep 21, 2010
@yemi313

A house with the dimensions you have here 35metres x 40 metres must be very big.

I am currently roofing my duplex in the village and the dimensions in the drawing I have are

17,700 x 9,300 which I assume is in millimetres.

this is approx 18 metres x 10 metres

To think that I even think that the house is too big!

My house is definately bigger than the one in the picture by a lot!!
Re: Can 1.3 Million Naira Build 3 Bed Room Flat? by PurestBoy(m): 2:42pm On Sep 21, 2010
Yes you can, you can even have swimming pool with bar side in the house. Goodluck

1 Like

Re: Can 1.3 Million Naira Build 3 Bed Room Flat? by cliveland: 4:10pm On Sep 21, 2010
start from what you now, as we know money no dey stay for hand , dont allow we anyone discourage u at it isnt enough its too small, u want to build dog house scrap, START ASAP.

nothing to loose
Re: Can 1.3 Million Naira Build 3 Bed Room Flat? by jot01(m): 6:47pm On Sep 21, 2010
yemi313:

100 pcs of 2x3x12 (hardwood) @ -N-400 per 1 =#40,000
60 pcs of 2x4x12 (hardwood) @ -N-500 per 1 = #30,000
60 pcs of 3x4x12 (hardwood) @ -N-800 pe 1 = #48,000
facing board (sales & smoothing per 1 = #1,300) also called 1x12x12 for this we will need 40 pcs = #52,000
long span aluminum 0.45 for a 35m x 40m roof such as this is been calculated around = #185,000
aluminum flashings for the side roof, = 50mtrs -N-30,000
aluminum accessories: -N-20,000
aluminum roof installation & carpentry -N-100,000
wall belts 20 pcs = -N-5,000
roof nails/caps: 5 dozens = -N4,000
2 bags of 4 in' nail = -N-10,000
1 bag og 3 in' nail = -N-4,000
Wood treatment (1 gallon of treatment chemical, 30 liters of Kerosene all mixed together) = -N-8,000
Plus transportation of materials = (Null, depends on distance, etc),

totals: -N- 543,000

The above explanation and estimation really give me a wonderful relief , as i have my project to the Lintel Level and never ask my engineer how much it cost to cover it. Now i have an idea and i will let him give me his own Estimate too.lol

Also Yemi, Do we do the Electrical and Plumbing before Roofing, I also need to know that.

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Are The Pros And Cons Of Flat Roof Design In Nigeria / JOEPOOL Wave Ltd (swimming Pool Construction Company) / Tenants To Pay 6% Stamp Duty - FIRS Tells Landlords & Property Agents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.