Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,061 members, 7,859,831 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 07:48 PM

Thread For Quote Lovers And Deep Sayings - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Thread For Quote Lovers And Deep Sayings (1608 Views)

Deadbeat Father: How A Nairanlander's Quote Ended My Family's Rift. (photos) / Two Years Old Boy Trapped In 330ft Deep Hole For One Week In Spain(Photos) / A Thread For 2018 Brides And Grooms To Be. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread For Quote Lovers And Deep Sayings by Nobody: 10:07pm On Apr 29, 2019
"Time is an enemy to injustice" from a book called outwitting the devil by Napoleon Hill
Re: Thread For Quote Lovers And Deep Sayings by Nobody: 10:08pm On Apr 29, 2019
sleepking:
Fate whispers to the warrior, 'You cannot
withstand the storm', and the warrior whispers
back, 'I am the storm'
Please don't give up on this thread, am following and learning from some of the quotes

2 Likes

Re: Thread For Quote Lovers And Deep Sayings by Dolphin01: 11:33pm On Apr 29, 2019
"If you want to conquer fear, don't sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy."----Dale Carnegie

2 Likes

Re: Thread For Quote Lovers And Deep Sayings by Dolphin01: 11:36pm On Apr 29, 2019
“Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.” – General George S. Patton, U.S. Army

2 Likes

Re: Thread For Quote Lovers And Deep Sayings by sleepking(m): 9:28am On May 01, 2019
There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure. Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thread For Quote Lovers And Deep Sayings by sleepking(m): 9:29am On May 01, 2019
Bran thought about it. 'Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?' 'That is the only time a man can be brave,' his father told him.
George R.R. Martin, A Game of Thrones (

2 Likes

Re: Thread For Quote Lovers And Deep Sayings by sleepking(m): 9:31am On May 01, 2019
Fear doesn't shut you down; it wakes you up to realities of life
Re: Thread For Quote Lovers And Deep Sayings by sleepking(m): 9:32am On May 01, 2019
There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.
Patrick Rothfuss, The Wise Man's Fear

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thread For Quote Lovers And Deep Sayings by Nobody: 9:33am On May 01, 2019
Chubhie:
cool
Mean
Re: Thread For Quote Lovers And Deep Sayings by sleepking(m): 9:34am On May 01, 2019
Tell your heart that the fear of suffering is worse than the suffering itself. And that no heart has ever suffered when it goes in search of its dreams, because every second of the search is a second's encounter with God and with eternity.
Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist

1 Like

Re: Thread For Quote Lovers And Deep Sayings by sleepking(m): 9:36am On May 01, 2019
There is a stubbornness about me that never can bear to be frightened at the will of others. My courage always rises at every attempt to intimidate me.
Jane Austen,

1 Like

Re: Thread For Quote Lovers And Deep Sayings by Chubhie: 10:21am On May 01, 2019
sleepking:
Tell your heart that the fear of
suffering is worse than the
suffering itself. And that no
heart has ever suffered when it
goes in search of its dreams,
because every second of the
search is a second's encounter
with God and with eternity.

Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist
Love is an untamed force. When we try to control it, it destroys us. When we try to imprison it, it enslaves us. When we try to understand it, it leaves us feeling lost and confused. Paulo Coelho

The guy that narrated the audio book of The Alchemist kept me spellbound all through. Great book!

1 Like

Re: Thread For Quote Lovers And Deep Sayings by Chubhie: 10:22am On May 01, 2019
R2bees:
Mean
The Mafia are always mean.
Re: Thread For Quote Lovers And Deep Sayings by Nobody: 11:04am On May 01, 2019
Chubhie:
The Mafia are always mean.
U be Ciao??

1 Like

Re: Thread For Quote Lovers And Deep Sayings by sleepking(m): 4:01pm On May 01, 2019
It's too much to be trusted with someone else's heart. I don't think it ever ends well.
Amy McNamara,

1 Like

Re: Thread For Quote Lovers And Deep Sayings by sleepking(m): 4:14pm On May 01, 2019
Never to suffer would never to have been blessed. Edgar Allan
Re: Thread For Quote Lovers And Deep Sayings by sleepking(m): 4:18pm On May 01, 2019
He who is untrue to his own cause cannot command the respect of others.
Albert Einstein

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thread For Quote Lovers And Deep Sayings by Splinz(m): 5:35pm On May 01, 2019
I'm sorry I can't love you. But O dearly, be not downcast

For I see written in a certain place: "Love is of God"

And I am but a poor man under the banner of hatred.

~~Splinz

3 Likes

Re: Thread For Quote Lovers And Deep Sayings by Meel: 9:45pm On May 01, 2019
A MAN CANNOT LOVE AND BE WISE AT THE SAME TIME
Francis bacon

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thread For Quote Lovers And Deep Sayings by Nobody: 9:57pm On May 01, 2019
I am the master of my fate, the captain of my soul

1 Like

Re: Thread For Quote Lovers And Deep Sayings by Dolphin01: 12:44am On May 02, 2019
"There are only two kinds of people: those who say to God, "Thy will be done," and those to whom God says, "All right, then, have it your way." ----C.S. Lewis
Re: Thread For Quote Lovers And Deep Sayings by sleepking(m): 12:53am On May 02, 2019
The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference. The opposite of art is not ugliness, it's indifference. The opposite of faith is not heresy, it's indifference. And the opposite of life is not death, it's indifference.
Elie Wiesel

1 Like

Re: Thread For Quote Lovers And Deep Sayings by sleepking(m): 12:55am On May 02, 2019
The only thing worse than a boy
who hates you: a boy that loves
you.

Markus Zusak,

This quote clearly define who I am inside
Re: Thread For Quote Lovers And Deep Sayings by sleepking(m): 12:58am On May 02, 2019
Hate the sin, love the sinner.
Mahatma Gandhi

1 Like

Re: Thread For Quote Lovers And Deep Sayings by sleepking(m): 12:59am On May 02, 2019
More smiling, less worrying. More compassion, less judgment. More blessed, less stressed. More love, less hate.
Roy T. Bennett,
Re: Thread For Quote Lovers And Deep Sayings by sleepking(m): 1:00am On May 02, 2019
When we don't know who to hate, we hate ourselves.

Chuck Palahniuk,

1 Like

Re: Thread For Quote Lovers And Deep Sayings by sleepking(m): 1:02am On May 02, 2019
There is no such thing as a "broken family." Family is family, and is not determined by marriage certificates, divorce papers, and adoption documents. Families are made in the heart. The only time family becomes null is when those ties in the heart are cut. If you cut those ties, those people are not your family. If you make those ties, those people are your family. And if you hate those ties, those people will still be your family because whatever you hate will always be with you.

C. JoyBell C.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Quote Lovers And Deep Sayings by sleepking(m): 1:07am On May 02, 2019
I imagine one of the reasons people cling to their hates so stubbornly is because they sense, once hate is gone, they will be forced to deal with pain.
James Baldwin
Re: Thread For Quote Lovers And Deep Sayings by sleepking(m): 1:10am On May 02, 2019
Throughout life people will make you mad, disrespect you and treat you bad. Let God deal with the things they do, cause hate in your heart will consume you too.
Will Smith
Re: Thread For Quote Lovers And Deep Sayings by sleepking(m): 1:11am On May 02, 2019
Throughout life people will make you mad, disrespect you and treat you bad. Let God deal with the things they do, cause hate in your heart will consume you too.
Will Smith
Re: Thread For Quote Lovers And Deep Sayings by sleepking(m): 1:19am On May 02, 2019
We all die. The goal isn’t to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. Chuck Palahniuk
Re: Thread For Quote Lovers And Deep Sayings by sleepking(m): 1:22am On May 02, 2019
To the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure. J.K. Rowling

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Life Is Getting Boring. / Am 27yrs And I'm Still Bedwetting. / How Do I Survive Without My Mother?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.