Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,287 members, 7,811,861 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:36 PM

Oriental Hotel Up For Sale For $250 Million - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Oriental Hotel Up For Sale For $250 Million (53745 Views)

Flutterwave Triples Valuation To Over $3 Billion In A Year, Raises $250 Million / Photos Of $250 Million General Electric Industrial facility At Calabar / EXCUSIVE: Free Fiverr Training + 16 Fiverr Tools: Earn Between $250-$800 Monthly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oriental Hotel Up For Sale For $250 Million by sirchikero: 7:46am On Apr 28, 2019
…Asking Price is $250million

The news came as a shocker to all who heard; that the Lagos Oriental Hotel, that sprawling oasis of premium hospitality nestling on the Victoria Island end of the Lagos Lagoon, is up for sale. Initially, many took it as a rumour until it was advertised on leading property website, thenigeriapropertycentre.com. According to the website which offers Nigerian property seekers an easy way to find details of property like homes, houses, lands, shops, office spaces and other commercial property, the promoters of the hotel want $250million for it. The advert was posted March 30th.

On the site, the Lagos Oriental Hotel was described as havinga variety of luxury rooms including The Classic Room, the Classic Superior Room, the Classic Deluxe Room, Junior Suite, Executive Junior Suite, Business Suite, Diplomatic Suite, Ambassador Suite, and Presidential Suite. The post further stated, “Besides their enthralling original artwork and Asian furnishings, the rooms also offer enchanting views of the Lagos Lagoon. Each room comes with a coffee maker, complimentary bottle of water, a free mini bar, a secure safe box, a Bible, a directory and a few mailing envelopes.

Additionally, all rooms have flat LCD screens, individually controlled air conditioning units, and en-suite bathrooms. In the bathroom, guests are treated to the following complimentary items including: Sewing kit, shoehorn, a grooming kit comprising of a toothbrush, comb, shower cap, shampoo, shower gel, lotion, and a bathrobe with slippers. The room rates are inclusive of breakfast. All the rooms and suites feature refreshing drinks in the mini bar free of charge and replenished once a day.”

The hotelis also described as having several restaurants and bars, free Wi-Fi in all rooms and some public areas, an outdoor pool with varying degrees of depth that offers an opportunity for the family to play and cool off during sunny days while serving various local and international culinary options like The Mayumi which offers excellent Japanese cuisine; the Oriental Garden which offers Chinese cuisine; and the Five Cowries shop which extends out to the poolside, boasts an incredible view of the Lagoon and excellent coffee and pastries.

Since it began operations many years ago, the ownership of the Oriental Hotel has always been linked to the former Governor of Lagos State, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu. Whether right or wrong, the powerful politician has never openly denied or identified with it. For a man who is not short of cash, and who still has Nigeria’s richest state, Lagos, in a viselike grip, what then could be the reason for wanting to sell the hotel?

Sources said the problem is not really with Tinubu but the management of the hotel which has not actually parlayed their experience and the investment into profitability. Another credible source said that selling the hotel may be an answer to dwindling revenue and with no end in sight, no thanks to the stifling economic situation.

Source: http://www.thecapital.ng/?p=29651

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oriental Hotel Up For Sale For $250 Million by StupidInyamiri: 7:46am On Apr 28, 2019
I laugh when people are saying a male child is better than a female child.
I'd rather have a Kemi Adeosun than a Dino Melaye.

138 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Oriental Hotel Up For Sale For $250 Million by Nobody: 8:04am On Apr 28, 2019
StupidInyamiri:
everybody is entitled to his or her own opinion

268 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Oriental Hotel Up For Sale For $250 Million by Nobody: 8:10am On Apr 28, 2019
Only a fool would buy any property not related to the oil and gas industry in Nigeria for above $10million at the moment.

186 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Oriental Hotel Up For Sale For $250 Million by HigherEd: 8:11am On Apr 28, 2019
Over 75 billion naira. Most likely foreigners would buy.
Lalasticlala

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oriental Hotel Up For Sale For $250 Million by TANID(m): 8:21am On Apr 28, 2019
Let Me Check My Bank Account First I Couldn't Remember My Account Balance Very Well When Am Done I Would Let You Know

Please Don't Sale It To aunty Tohyorsih2 I Know She Like Ira Kura Like This

4 Likes

Re: Oriental Hotel Up For Sale For $250 Million by TheFacelessMan: 8:26am On Apr 28, 2019
grin

IF it is true that Tinubu owns it, some jobless chest-beaters would still keep ranting about "his wings being clipped"

Instead of doing what he was doing at your age so that you would be as relevant as he is at his age....

Keep being obsessed about his downfall. It will serve you well grin

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oriental Hotel Up For Sale For $250 Million by Wiseandtrue(f): 8:28am On Apr 28, 2019
sirchikero:
The truth is , in an economy like Nigeria’s everybody both the rich and poor are crying and selling off choice properties to keep head above water.

READ MORE : https://www.naijanewsng.com/tinubus-oriental-hotel-up-for-sale-for-250million/
So Tinubu is trying to stay above water grin grin grin grin

This is just one of his many properties. Just like a pinch of salt

Na Tinubu go still buy am through the back doors! He knows that all eyes are on him

He has set his futuristic Presidential ambition into motion!!!

The question on everybody's lip is how was he able to afford all these properties

If you know about his business(es) please be sure to mention the place and the years of existence!!!

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oriental Hotel Up For Sale For $250 Million by Follygunners: 8:28am On Apr 28, 2019
Beginning of Tinubu's end angry

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oriental Hotel Up For Sale For $250 Million by TheFacelessMan: 8:29am On Apr 28, 2019
grin

Follygunners o dabi pe iwo ni IjebuWarrior abi ? cheesy

Mo mo pe o feran Tinubu, sungbon, ranti pe Omoluabi nii....

Ma lo join awon omo nna yen

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oriental Hotel Up For Sale For $250 Million by TheFacelessMan: 8:30am On Apr 28, 2019
angry

1 Like

Re: Oriental Hotel Up For Sale For $250 Million by wyqay: 8:31am On Apr 28, 2019
noted
Re: Oriental Hotel Up For Sale For $250 Million by HarunaWest(m): 8:32am On Apr 28, 2019
tinubu doesn't own Oriental Hotel...He owns the land and rented it leasehold to the investors that built the hotel.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oriental Hotel Up For Sale For $250 Million by emmanuelpopson(m): 8:33am On Apr 28, 2019
after spending money for elections...bullion vans entering his house bla bla bla... money must be made.... so make I call my account officer...

2 Likes

Re: Oriental Hotel Up For Sale For $250 Million by Follygunners: 8:34am On Apr 28, 2019
TheFacelessMan:
grin

Follygunners o dabi pe iwo ni IjebuWarrior abi ? cheesy

Mo mo pe o feran Tinubu, sungbon, ranti pe Omoluabi nii....

Ma lo join awon omo nna yen

grin grin grin

Emi t'oun t'Ijebuwarrior... freedom fighter n'iwa.

Aye awon okoro ma baje ni! angry

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Oriental Hotel Up For Sale For $250 Million by Nobody: 8:42am On Apr 28, 2019
Tinubu can never be poor.
Check it.
He is a pensioner receiving millions of naira every month after looting Lagos state as governor for 8 years.
He and his family are entitle to free medical at Lagos state expenses.
He has companies who get contract running into billions of naira from Lagos state government.e.g,alpha beta,hitec,lcc,etc.
He has radio and TV stations.
He has hotels at high brow areas of Lagos.Apart from oriental hotel,he has other hotels at gra,ikeja.
He has godchildren in lagos, southwest and federal politics who are senators,reps,commissioners, and ,ministers who give returns.
His wife and children are senators.
His eldest daughter is Omo nile,chairlady,in the entire market of Lagos.
This is a man who fought military dictatorship who now turns out to be a civilian dictator by using thugs to snatch ballot boxes and intimidate voters during elections so that his continue milking of the wealth of the people will sustain.

113 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Oriental Hotel Up For Sale For $250 Million by Nobody: 8:44am On Apr 28, 2019
HarunaWest:
tinubu doesn't own Oriental Hotel...He owns the land and rented it leasehold to the investors that built the hotel.
shatap.Who are the investors?

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oriental Hotel Up For Sale For $250 Million by Nobody: 9:00am On Apr 28, 2019
TANID:
Let Me Check My Bank Account First I Couldn't Remember My Account Balance Very Well When Am Done I Would Let You Know

Please Don't Sale It To aunty Tohyorsih2 I Know She Like Ira Kura Like This

meself i no buy lipsrsealed

4 Likes

Re: Oriental Hotel Up For Sale For $250 Million by Amuocha: 9:02am On Apr 28, 2019
Amazing...

Sold Radio Continental
Sold Ikeja Mall
Sold renaissance Alausa
Now selling Oriental Hotel

40 Likes

Re: Oriental Hotel Up For Sale For $250 Million by Skyfornia(m): 9:36am On Apr 28, 2019
All na game...if you know you know.

4 Likes

Re: Oriental Hotel Up For Sale For $250 Million by Otuegbe: 9:53am On Apr 28, 2019
comshots:
shatap.Who are the investors?
chineese

2 Likes

Re: Oriental Hotel Up For Sale For $250 Million by Zombicmodz: 9:56am On Apr 28, 2019
Tinubu nominee Magu is going soon...

1 Like

Re: Oriental Hotel Up For Sale For $250 Million by ElRapido: 9:58am On Apr 28, 2019
Na Tinubu wan sell am, na Tinubu go buy am.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oriental Hotel Up For Sale For $250 Million by SarkinYarki: 10:06am On Apr 28, 2019
That hotel is not worth up to 15 million dollars at present and it's running at a mega loss ...Tinubu is just looking for a mags to offload that liability on

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oriental Hotel Up For Sale For $250 Million by trapQ: 10:06am On Apr 28, 2019
No be only $250m

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oriental Hotel Up For Sale For $250 Million by kunleweb: 10:14am On Apr 28, 2019
StupidInyamiri:

Clown.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oriental Hotel Up For Sale For $250 Million by kunleweb: 10:15am On Apr 28, 2019
Amuocha:
Amazing...

Sold Radio Continental
Sold Ikeja Mall
Sold renaissance Alausa
Now selling Oriental Hotel

Seriously? Has radio continental been sold off?
Re: Oriental Hotel Up For Sale For $250 Million by SarkinYarki: 10:20am On Apr 28, 2019
HarunaWest:

so they now want to sell the lease for 250 million ... Hahaha ..keep fooling yourself grin

12 Likes

Re: Oriental Hotel Up For Sale For $250 Million by BuhariAdvocate: 10:33am On Apr 28, 2019
When your pastor tell you God bless you tell him you reject the prayer. In the case of Tinubu wealth God have always be with him. Bola is a taxi driver on the street of Chicago and his adopted mother iyaloja of Lagos called him home to established his own business with little he make in usa. Do you know what it mean to be Iya loja of Lagos the position his daughter occupied now. The woman took bola round the Lagos exposed many business strategies to him, that is where bola start making his money .
Bola helped many people he humble himself and mingle with common people.No wonder some people can die for him.bola not hold any federal appointment or elected as a
president or vice president. Bola make his money legally way no wonder efcc couldn't convicted him despite the humiliation from former president olusegun Obasanjo. Tinubu is a good example that youth should emulate.
Wiseandtrue:

So Tinubu is trying to stay above water grin grin grin grin

This is just one of his many properties. Just like a pinch of salt

Na Tinubu go still buy am through the back doors! He knows that all eyes are on him

He has set his futuristic Presidential ambition into motion!!!

The question on everybody's lip is how was he able to afford all these properties

If you know about his business(es) please be sure to mention the place and the years of existence!!!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oriental Hotel Up For Sale For $250 Million by davinchecodes(m): 10:50am On Apr 28, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
When your pastor tell you God bless you tell him you reject the prayer. In the case of Tinubu wealth God have always be with him. Bola is a taxi driver on the street of Chicago and his adopted mother iyaloja of Lagos called him home to established his own business with little he make in usa. Do you know what it mean to be Iya loja of Lagos the position his daughter occupied now. The woman took bola round the Lagos exposed many business strategies to him, that is where bola start making his money .
Bola helped many people he humble himself and mingle with common people.No wonder some people can die for him.bola not hold any federal appointment or elected as a
president or vice president. Bola make his money legally way no wonder efcc couldn't convicted him despite the humiliation from former president olusegun Obasanjo. Tinubu is a good example that youth should emulate.

grin grin grin

We all know this part is a lie, Wasn't he a druggie?

16 Likes

Re: Oriental Hotel Up For Sale For $250 Million by Nobody: 11:28am On Apr 28, 2019
If Oriental is worth $250m then how much is Eko Hotel worth?

23 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mompha Ismaila Mustapha & His Son Flaunt Cash On Instagram / 14 Most Attractive Muslim Female Billionaires / CBN To Block Bank Accounts Of 18 Companies (Full List)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.