Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,378 members, 7,819,376 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:06 PM

Lagos Assembly: Last PDP Member Defects To APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Assembly: Last PDP Member Defects To APC (1134 Views)

Chisom Dike, Rivers PDP Rep Member Defects To APC / APC Serving House Of Reps Member Defects To SDP / Voters Block Osun PDP Member From Leaving Until She Pays As Promised (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Assembly: Last PDP Member Defects To APC by kikio1992(m): 8:25pm On Apr 29, 2019
The last PDP member in the Lagos State House of Assembly, Mr. Dipo Olorunrinu (Amuwo-Odofin Constituency I), has defected to the APC.

The letter to this effect was read at the plenary by the Clerk of the House, Mr. Azeez Sanni.

In the letter which was titled, “Letter of defection from PDP to APC,” the lawmaker apologized for his late defection, saying;

“I sincerely apologize that the defection is coming now. I ask for mercy.”

Olorunrinu lost his re-election bid to APC candidate, Mrs. Mojisola Alli-Macaulay, in the March 9 House of Assembly election with 278 votes.

He vowed not to challenge the result at the election tribunal.

In his comments on the floor, Olorunrinu who requested for a handshake from the Speaker as it was done in the past, said;

“Once upon a time, we had eight of us from PDP in 2015, I said to myself i must join the progressives.”

He described PDP as a party that lacks structure and vision.

The Speaker welcomed Olorunrinu to APC and commended him for his decision, while other APC lawmakers also received him into the party. Obasa said;

“I thank you for making the decision at last. We welcome you into our midst as a member of APC in the House of Assembly.

“You have always been part of us, save the fact that you refused to dump the leaking umbrella. But today, you have decided. I welcome you on behalf of our party.

“I want to thank you for lending your voice to what have been our position from quite sometime that the best party in Nigeria today is APC.

“So, there is nothing to gain from PDP. For realising this, I congratulate you.

“Distinguished colleagues, we are now 40 members of APC. Thank you for joining us.”

Source: http://kikiotolu.com/last-pdp-member-lagos-assembly-defects-apc/

1 Like

Re: Lagos Assembly: Last PDP Member Defects To APC by popsy2(m): 8:29pm On Apr 29, 2019
Sad day for democracy .
Re: Lagos Assembly: Last PDP Member Defects To APC by hisexcellency34: 8:54pm On Apr 29, 2019
Medicine after death
Re: Lagos Assembly: Last PDP Member Defects To APC by babyfaceafrica: 10:24pm On Apr 29, 2019
lol...PDP lost all in Lagos..from federal to state post... Terrible!!

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Assembly: Last PDP Member Defects To APC by yarimo(m): 11:06pm On Apr 29, 2019
grin grin grin
Re: Lagos Assembly: Last PDP Member Defects To APC by Peacecore: 11:15pm On Apr 29, 2019
PDP are claiming to win more state yl they lose many more seat,like those senators wey defected b4 election, Lagos Assembly n reps n many more.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Assembly: Last PDP Member Defects To APC by Nobody: 11:27pm On Apr 29, 2019
popsy2:
Sad day for democracy .
How?
The only difference between APC and PDP is the madness that is in the head of some youths like you who think one party is better than the other.

BTW, when has Nigeria practiced democracy?

Most of you that are at the centre of the storm always pick a side instead of joining forces to fight against these politicians, tomorrow they will forget and reject you while pointing hands towards their opponents so you can have who to blame.

No politician or party in this country care about all of you fighting for them.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Assembly: Last PDP Member Defects To APC by garfield1: 11:46pm On Apr 29, 2019
popsy2:
Sad day for democracy .
Sad day for you and pdp rather

1 Like

Re: Lagos Assembly: Last PDP Member Defects To APC by popsy2(m): 2:03am On Apr 30, 2019
garfield1:

Sad day for you and pdp rather

You think the absence of opposition in any government do the electorates any good ? You seem to be too taken to party politics.
Re: Lagos Assembly: Last PDP Member Defects To APC by garfield1: 9:23am On Apr 30, 2019
popsy2:

You think the absence of opposition in any government do the electorates any good ? You seem to be too taken to party politics.
As far as the opposition is pdp,i dont care.i prefer snother opposition
Re: Lagos Assembly: Last PDP Member Defects To APC by popsy2(m): 9:26am On Apr 30, 2019
garfield1:

As far as the opposition is pdp,i dont care.i prefer snother opposition

What you need is a strong opposition that could actually give the incumbent a run for their money hence, keeping the government on its toes, not rubber stamp opposition. Dig ?
Re: Lagos Assembly: Last PDP Member Defects To APC by popsy2(m): 9:45am On Apr 30, 2019
kingkakaone:

How?
The only difference between APC and PDP is the madness that is in the head of some youths like you who think one party is better than the other.

BTW, when has Nigeria practiced democracy?

Most of you that are at the centre of the storm always pick a side instead of joining forces to fight against these politicians, tomorrow they will forget and reject you while pointing hands towards their opponents so you can have who to blame.

No politician or party in this country care about all of you fighting for them.

When you don't understand the workings of government and the importance of an opposition in any dispensation, you do probably rant and convulse.

For That, i won't dignify you with a scholarly response as that would amount to a waste of cerebral effort.
Re: Lagos Assembly: Last PDP Member Defects To APC by garfield1: 6:02pm On Apr 30, 2019
popsy2:

What you need is a strong opposition that could actually give the incumbent a run for their money hence, keeping the government on its toes, not rubber stamp opposition. Dig ?
We dont need it from pdp sir
Re: Lagos Assembly: Last PDP Member Defects To APC by popsy2(m): 6:10pm On Apr 30, 2019
garfield1:

We dont need it from pdp sir

Who then ? ANPP or ACN ?
Re: Lagos Assembly: Last PDP Member Defects To APC by Nobody: 6:14pm On Apr 30, 2019
popsy2:

Na one-man opposition u want?
Re: Lagos Assembly: Last PDP Member Defects To APC by popsy2(m): 6:34pm On Apr 30, 2019
Blainz:

Na one-man opposition u want?

They laugh at me because I am different, I laugh at them because they are all the same. Dig ?

Being the odd one out could have made him the centre of attention and would have made him very popular in the house and state.

Always stand out. Don't join a bandwagon.

(1) (Reply)

Compulsory Retirement: Court Orders Re-instatement Of Maj. Gen. Ijioma / Ex-Gov Ajimobi Rejects Buhari's Ministerial Offer / BREAKING: Musa Wada Emerges PDP Gov Candidate In Kogi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.