Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,361 members, 7,819,300 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:00 PM

Is Oatmeal Fattening? - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Is Oatmeal Fattening? (21434 Views)

Is Banana Fattening? / Is Vegetable Fattening? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Oatmeal Fattening? by madlady(f): 12:00pm On Sep 24, 2010
@tensor777

This is a genuine question (pls excuse my user name embarassed)

Is oatmeal addictive?
Re: Is Oatmeal Fattening? by Nobody: 12:24pm On Sep 24, 2010
^^Yes in the sense that once you start eating it, you start craving it and begin to look for more creative ways to eat it as some replies here demonstrate.
Inked_Nerd:

I was just going by the "too much of a good thing" rule[b]--I eat a lot oatmeal, sometimes through out the entire day.[/b] I used to use organic honey as well. Haven't bought any in a while. Oatmeal cookies huh? Lucky you.

Practically this means just eating oatmeal for breakfast, and then lounging around the house can lead to overindulgence.
Obo Boco:

well, oatmeal is fattening
i am an example, i ate it so much
and now my face is full.
Re: Is Oatmeal Fattening? by madlady(f): 12:31pm On Sep 24, 2010
tensor777:

^^Yes in the sense that once you start eating it, you start craving it and begin to look for more creative ways to eat it as some replies here demonstrate.Practically this means just eating oatmeal for breakfast, and then lounging around the house can lead to overindulgence.

Oh I see what you mean, not in the way Alcohol or Cigarettes are.
Re: Is Oatmeal Fattening? by Nobody: 12:36pm On Sep 24, 2010
That's right. wink
Re: Is Oatmeal Fattening? by InkedNerd(f): 11:41pm On Sep 24, 2010
tensor777:

Practically this means just eating oatmeal for breakfast, and then lounging around the house can lead to overindulgence.

I don't lounge around the house all day. I am a very active person. I just have a tendency of eating a lot of oatmeal.
Re: Is Oatmeal Fattening? by nkilirox(f): 4:39am On Sep 25, 2010
Oatmeal with some fruit and protein is an excellent breakfast to jump start weight loss. It's a complex carbohydrate that will take your body longer to break down and will keep you fuller longer. Like has already been said, if you overeat anything, (i.e. take more than your daily caloric requirement) you will gain weight.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Los Angeles Police Officers Help Woman Deliver Baby At Gas Station (video) / NDLEA Seizes Trailer Truck Of Codeine Drugs In Katsina (Photo) / Adamawa Records First Case Of Coronavirus, A Returnee From Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.