Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,701 members, 7,851,390 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 06:22 PM

Anpp Convention. Is Anpp A Nigerian Party Or Hausa Party? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anpp Convention. Is Anpp A Nigerian Party Or Hausa Party? (1020 Views)

Buhari, Others Approve CPC Merger With ACN, ANPP / PDP, ANPP, Slam Okorocha For Closing Schools, Markets For Birthday / Two-party Or Multi-party System, Which Way Forward Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anpp Convention. Is Anpp A Nigerian Party Or Hausa Party? by jmoore(m): 3:07pm On Sep 19, 2010
I am watching ANPP national convention live on tv. How Nigerian is this party? 99.9% of dialogue is hausa. Musics>all hausa. At this era of our democracy, if they want to win the national election they should get all ethnic groups to participate fully in the party,moreover our national language is english and should be used mostly. If they continue this way, they can never win the presidential election. If they can't change, let this be their full name "All Northern Peoples Party"
Re: Anpp Convention. Is Anpp A Nigerian Party Or Hausa Party? by Afam4eva(m): 3:11pm On Sep 19, 2010
ANPP is obviously an Hausa party just like APGA is an IGBO party and AC, a semi-Yoruba party. AD used to be like ANPP.
Re: Anpp Convention. Is Anpp A Nigerian Party Or Hausa Party? by Jarus(m): 3:22pm On Sep 19, 2010
Hausa language stole the show even in GEJ declaration. In Nigerian politics, ignore Hausa langauge at your own peril. They appreciate their language to the extent that understanding of the language unlocks many opportunities for you in Naija politics and public service.
Even Bola Ige, an avid Yoruba supremacist, spoke Hausa when he went on political campaign in Zamfara, to the rousing applause of the masses present.
Re: Anpp Convention. Is Anpp A Nigerian Party Or Hausa Party? by Afam4eva(m): 3:27pm On Sep 19, 2010
Jarus:

Hausa language stole the show even in GEJ declaration. In Nigerian politics, ignore Hausa langauge at your own peril. They appreciate their language to the extent that understanding of the language unlocks many opportunities for you in Naija politics and public service.
Even Bola Ige, an avid Yoruba supremacist, spoke Hausa when he went on political campaign in Zamfara, to the rousing applause of the masses present.

Na lie. If you go to Zamfara you speak hausa to the natives. Same thing applies when you go to Enugu or Oyo. You speak IGBO and Yorubas respectively.
Re: Anpp Convention. Is Anpp A Nigerian Party Or Hausa Party? by jmoore(m): 3:40pm On Sep 19, 2010
If you are campaining in a particular region it is good to address the supporters in their own language but this is a national convention. A national event calls for the mixing of all languages, ANPP has just failed!!
Re: Anpp Convention. Is Anpp A Nigerian Party Or Hausa Party? by Jarus(m): 3:49pm On Sep 19, 2010
At GEJ declaration, Hausa was also spoken by many speakers.
Well I'm not defending ANPP, but it is clear their the North is their stronghold. All the states they won 2003 and 2007 were core NW & NE. I'm sure majority of the people at the convention are from these states. I'm not defending them, but in politics, you do what gives you better result.
Re: Anpp Convention. Is Anpp A Nigerian Party Or Hausa Party? by Abagworo(m): 3:57pm On Sep 19, 2010
Hausa is a national language just like Igbo and Yoruba.I feel happy that the north have been able to maintain an indigenous language as a lingua franca.We should promote Igbo and Yoruba as well.
Re: Anpp Convention. Is Anpp A Nigerian Party Or Hausa Party? by MaziUche0(m): 4:45pm On Sep 19, 2010
Abagworo:

Hausa is a national language just like Igbo and Yoruba.I feel happy that the north have been able to maintain an indigenous language as a lingua franca.We should promote Igbo and Yoruba as well.

Agreed!

We should be proud of languages.

Whenever I hear Igbo being spoken in the U.S., my heart just soars! Especially when an Igbo raised in the U.S. is speaking Igbo. American Igbo being spoken sounds much more pleasant to the ears than the Igbo being spoken by a British Igbo.
Re: Anpp Convention. Is Anpp A Nigerian Party Or Hausa Party? by Kay17: 4:52pm On Sep 19, 2010
, So that there would a lot more reason to burn, kill and destroy one another. Emphasizing ethnic differences, does no one any good, better to let it die off quietly.
Re: Anpp Convention. Is Anpp A Nigerian Party Or Hausa Party? by Nobody: 5:26pm On Sep 19, 2010
jmoore:

I am watching ANPP national convention live on tv. How Nigerian is this party? 99.9% of dialogue is hausa. Musics>all hausa. At this era of our democracy, if they want to win the national election they should get all ethnic groups to participate fully in the party,moreover our national language is english and should be used mostly. If they continue this way, they can never win the presidential election. If they can't change, let this be their full name "All Northern  Peoples Party"
No big deal at all besides :

In the first republic,
^^Awolowo was synonymous with Action group.

^^Azikwe was synonymous with NCNC while

^^Ahmadu bello was synonymous with NPC

In the second republic:
Awolowo owned UPN

Waziri owned GNPP

Aminu kano owned PRP

the NPP  was  controlled majorly by IBO

while the NPN was dominated by Hausa/

fulani .so it's nothing new at all.
Re: Anpp Convention. Is Anpp A Nigerian Party Or Hausa Party? by Gayigaskia(m): 5:45pm On Sep 19, 2010
ANPP used to be a national and fine party until it was hijacked by the hard line Muslims. I'm a moderate Muslim and believe that these people are pulling this region of the country backward.

On a different note though why Hausa language is spoken on many of these international radios ie; BBC, RFI, Deutschweller, VOA even China radio.
Re: Anpp Convention. Is Anpp A Nigerian Party Or Hausa Party? by DisGuy: 5:51pm On Sep 19, 2010
Gayigaskia:

ANPP used to be a national and fine party until it was hijacked by the hard line Muslims. I'm a moderate Muslim and believe that these people are pulling this region of the country backward.

On a different note though why Hausa language is spoken on many of these international radios ie; BBC, RFI, Deutschweller, VOA even China radio.

because it is spoken in more than one region/country and understood by many others
Re: Anpp Convention. Is Anpp A Nigerian Party Or Hausa Party? by DisGuy: 5:56pm On Sep 19, 2010
Was ANPP ever a national party? they are made up of many members of the PDP some keep moving up and down depending on where the money is

(1) (Reply)

Kwara: Mr Saraki Out, Ms Saraki In? / Compared To Nigerian Legislators, Indian Lawmakers Are Paupers / Exchange Rate Depreciation Stifling Private Sector-ops

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.