Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,588 members, 7,861,792 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 07:30 PM

Match Preview: Barcelona Vs Liverpool - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Match Preview: Barcelona Vs Liverpool (292 Views)

Barcelona Vs Liverpool: UCL Semi Finals (3 - 0) On 1st May 2019 / Barcelona Vs Manchester United: UCL Quarter Finals (3 - 0) On 16th April 2019 / Barcelona Vs Chelsea : UCL (3 - 0) On 14th March 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Match Preview: Barcelona Vs Liverpool by Escobar98(m): 10:48am On May 01, 2019
MATCH PREVIEW

FC Barcelona battle Liverpool in UCL semi-final first leg in Camp Nou on Wednesday. Inarguably, two of the world’s most in-form teams set to encounter since 2007 when the English side knocked out Barcelona with away goals of 2-2.

Suarez and Phillip Countiho to return to anfield since 2014 and 2017 respectively .Two opponents are renowned for attacking football. Barcelona already wrapped up the La Liga title while Liverpool trail Man City with a point, with just two matches left.

LIVERPOOL
Klopp's side would strive to reach the UCL finals for two consecutive times after losing time Real last year. Energetic and ardent, Saido Mane and Mohammed Salah, and alongside doubtful Firmino, have all struck four goals each this campaign, knocking out Bayern Munich with a famous 3-1 win in Germany and vanquishing Portuguese side Porto effortlessly.

Roberto Firmino, Fabinho and Adam Lallana are doubtful for the clash, but Saido Mane's unremitting performance and ardent Salah, with both players with 20 and 21 goals in the EPL respectively, is a threat to the host defence.

When asked about fortressing Camp Nou he commented “I am a football fan, how can I think anything bad about this stadium? We want to play our best football here.
"Out of the players I've seen, I'd say that Messi is No 1. I've coached a few good players. My father always said Pele but I was too young to watch him live."
am a football fan, how can I think anything bad about this stadium? We want to play our best football here."

BARCELONA
Captain Lionel Messi's voracious hunt for UCL title since 2015 comes to test. Having knocked out by Roma at quarter finals last year, Barcelona have been running riot emphatically in the UCL this season, and with La Liga wrapped up already, and Copa del Rey final guaranteed against Valencia, treble is imminent for the Catalan giants.

FC Barcelona chase an unprecedented victory in Camp Nou against Liverpool. Ernesto Valverde and his men would seek to avoid a repeat of last year’s defeat at Roma, and a win at home might be decisive.

With Dembele and Umtiti’s return, Rafinha is the only player out of the clash and Barcelona are seemingly in good shape, though a languid performance against Levante is questionable.

Lionel Messi’s the current top scorer with 10 goals, and 47 goals overall in just 45 matches. Valverde’s expected to return Lenglet to the lineup and choose between defensive Vidal or composed Arthur alongside Sergio Busquets and Rakitic.
Dembele and Countiho to battle out a start today to back up Messi and Suarez
[b][/b]

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Highest Goal Scorers In The Premier League So Far. [ see Top 27 ] / Epl: Chelsea Vs Arsenal Today By 9:15pm / Cristiano Ronaldo Announces Twin Baby Boy Has Died While Partner Georgina Rodrig

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.