Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,225 members, 7,829,376 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:39 AM

May Day: Kano Govt. Abolishes HND, Bsc Dichotomy - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / May Day: Kano Govt. Abolishes HND, Bsc Dichotomy (17518 Views)

JAMB Abolishes UTME Cut-Off Marks / Senate Passes Bill Abolishing HND/BSc Dichotomy / FG Approves Abolition Of HND/BSC Dichotomy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: May Day: Kano Govt. Abolishes HND, Bsc Dichotomy by RichDad1(m): 4:57pm On May 01, 2019
Good
Re: May Day: Kano Govt. Abolishes HND, Bsc Dichotomy by kryptem: 5:04pm On May 01, 2019
Joybringer:
HND holder can't do master without PGD. Convert your HND to B. Sc @kwasu. Check the flyer for more info.

How many years does the school run the program for (one year or two years duration)?
Re: May Day: Kano Govt. Abolishes HND, Bsc Dichotomy by Smartwave: 5:08pm On May 01, 2019
Abalado:
How can u be saying Bsc and Hnd are the same, what an insult, abeg no bring that trash,,, Bsc superior than hnd, chikena
and what is the relevant of your Degree in sociology and Zoology that you obtained Even the road side private schools refused to employed you. With all this your paper weighted Prof.and mushrooms universities Mind you, all Nigeria College of education is offering degree programmes now, including NOUN?? Prisoners obtaining first class now even with conditions of Nigeria prison. The only thing that remains in Nigeria universities is medical science college.
Re: May Day: Kano Govt. Abolishes HND, Bsc Dichotomy by nonxo007(m): 5:09pm On May 01, 2019
Topmaike007:
I know Ganduje mean well for the people of Kano it's a pity Kwankwaso and his son in-law don't want to leave him alone
I'm not a big fan of Ganduje but I really buy you comment. I think he mean well and is putting effort in the governance of Kano, he was just unfortunate to have been caught up in the mess.
After all them talk say everybody na suspect na the one them catch be thief.
Re: May Day: Kano Govt. Abolishes HND, Bsc Dichotomy by Topmaike007(m): 5:11pm On May 01, 2019
nonxo007:

I'm not a big fan of Ganduje but I really buy you comment. I think he mean well and is putting effort in the governance of Kano, he was just unfortunate to have been caught up in the mess.
After all them talk say everybody na suspect na the one them catch be thief.
na him oo
Re: May Day: Kano Govt. Abolishes HND, Bsc Dichotomy by Joybringer: 5:13pm On May 01, 2019
kryptem:

How many years does the school run the program for (one year or two years duration)?

Just two years
Re: May Day: Kano Govt. Abolishes HND, Bsc Dichotomy by TruthinAction: 5:13pm On May 01, 2019
Abalado:
How can u be saying Bsc and Hnd are the same, what an insult, abeg no bring that trash,,, Bsc superior than hnd, chikena

They should also put nurses and doctors at the same level. Foolish people. You don't blame them when they themselves did not have a proper education.

2 Likes

Re: May Day: Kano Govt. Abolishes HND, Bsc Dichotomy by Omo9ja147(m): 5:22pm On May 01, 2019
mrojoba:
Congrats to all subscriber , It Available , Dm or whatsapp.
oga fifa chop your millions alone...
Re: May Day: Kano Govt. Abolishes HND, Bsc Dichotomy by StudyCrestLtd: 5:52pm On May 01, 2019
Unreasonable Leaders making unreasonable decisions.
Re: May Day: Kano Govt. Abolishes HND, Bsc Dichotomy by Aiyk2333: 5:59pm On May 01, 2019
ainas247:
cool Thank You, Baba, I don't know why there should be discrimination between HND and BSc...

Put your business on Google
Page one and start getting real
clients
have you seen anyone who wrote jamb and made a polytechnic first choice without an option of a university? 90 percent HND holders are more or less second class, don't quote me wrong please, I mean they were not admitted by the university hence..........

2 Likes

Re: May Day: Kano Govt. Abolishes HND, Bsc Dichotomy by Aiyk2333: 6:09pm On May 01, 2019
[quote author=Smartwave post=78017819]and what is the relevant of your Degree in sociology and Zoology that you obtained Even the road side private schools refused to employed you. With all this your paper weighted Prof.and mushrooms universities Mind you, all Nigeria College of education is offering degree programmes now, including NOUN?? Prisoners obtaining first class now even with conditions of Nigeria prison. The only thing that remains in Nigeria universities is medical
A blind man will always say the eyes are smelly.. howd u compare, HND!? they'd deceive y'all that your better practically and ur having hope. I know we have alot of degree holders who ain't worth it but mehn let's talk about polytechnics and colleges of education many of which are more or less glorified secondary schools. tell yourself the truth, did u choose the polytechnic? in your next world would u choose polytechnic over university?? answer this questions with your conscience and stop consoling yourself
Re: May Day: Kano Govt. Abolishes HND, Bsc Dichotomy by olatade(m): 6:16pm On May 01, 2019
Gandollars. Please also abolish the Naira/Dollar dichotomy grin grin
Re: May Day: Kano Govt. Abolishes HND, Bsc Dichotomy by holluphemydavid(m): 6:26pm On May 01, 2019
Rootprof:
Easier said than done. Trust Nigeria politicians speech on any occasion or events at your own risk. Until we see it manifest truely then we can believe if not na still story continue cool
But Federal Govt Abolished Dat long time ago
Re: May Day: Kano Govt. Abolishes HND, Bsc Dichotomy by adeniyiadebayo2: 6:38pm On May 01, 2019
Joybringer:
HND holder can't do master without PGD. Convert your HND to B. Sc @kwasu. Check the flyer for more info.

This is for how many years ?
Re: May Day: Kano Govt. Abolishes HND, Bsc Dichotomy by awoluyi(m): 6:55pm On May 01, 2019
I had the privilege of passing through the Polytechnic and the university. I have discovered that those certificates obtained from the two institutions of learning do not make you, it is what you make out of the certificates that is important. Stop living in illusion that your certificate is everything. I have seen a HND with BSC Certificates holder working for M.D. of company with Secondary School Certificate. If you are a man or woman of no ambtion and vision, your certificates will amount to nothing. What is important in life irrespective of one's paper qualifications is "definiteness of purpose " backed up with diligence and sound character.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: May Day: Kano Govt. Abolishes HND, Bsc Dichotomy by Dammy2me: 7:01pm On May 01, 2019
Abalado:
What is your gain if Bsc is superior to Hnd people like you are the ones that frustrate Hnd graduates in your workplace mtchew
Re: May Day: Kano Govt. Abolishes HND, Bsc Dichotomy by frankson1(m): 7:06pm On May 01, 2019
Poanan:

What is your basis? I have met with people form both sides. It is not about univerisity but the individual. For my course of study, I have met with people who went to poly and make very sensible contributions. Sorry to say our eastern schools are total write-off when it comes to knowledge I don't know of engineering though. The type of questions they ask one will begin to wonder if they graduated. The students from poly I have interacted with won't ask such.

Don't mind these BSc crusaders. Some university electrical engineering graduates can't even tell the different colour coding in Nigeria. Their Mechanical engineering counterparts can't differentiate between a Bolt and Nut.

I'm a proud PTI graduate.
Re: May Day: Kano Govt. Abolishes HND, Bsc Dichotomy by crossfm: 7:14pm On May 01, 2019
Abalado:
what made it superior my friend?
Re: May Day: Kano Govt. Abolishes HND, Bsc Dichotomy by nora2018(m): 7:21pm On May 01, 2019
I Thought the dichotomy is long abolished?
Re: May Day: Kano Govt. Abolishes HND, Bsc Dichotomy by crossfm: 7:21pm On May 01, 2019
Poanan:

What is your basis? I have met with people form both sides. It is not about univerisity but the individual. For my course of study, I have met with people who went to poly and make very sensible contributions. Sorry to say our eastern schools are total write-off when it comes to knowledge I don't know of engineering though. The type of questions they ask one will begin to wonder if they graduated. The students from poly I have interacted with won't ask such.
the way we make assertions sometimes is illogical. How can you come out to generalized just because of the interactions you had with few persons.
Re: May Day: Kano Govt. Abolishes HND, Bsc Dichotomy by Nobody: 7:35pm On May 01, 2019
Aiyk2333:

have you seen anyone who wrote jamb and made a polytechnic first choice without an option of a university? 90 percent HND holders are more or less second class, don't quote me wrong please, I mean they were not admitted by the university hence..........
Majority of HND holders are more or less second class

1 Like 1 Share

Re: May Day: Kano Govt. Abolishes HND, Bsc Dichotomy by slizzyb(m): 7:54pm On May 01, 2019
muzeze77:
5 years on nairaland and today I am FTC, happy for my network Verizon. Grateful for my phone Google pixel 2 , grateful for all those lazy Nigerian youths that did not see this story in time to reply the story . What the helz is dichotomy , please use easy to understand English on nairaland
Will be giving testimony this Sunday , though will not be donating to any god of man, if you want to be taping some of my anointed blessing, click like

Pls how true is it about FTC bonus, the day I get FTC and it get to front page nothing was giving to me
Re: May Day: Kano Govt. Abolishes HND, Bsc Dichotomy by akaahs(m): 8:22pm On May 01, 2019
muzeze77:
5 years on nairaland and today I am FTC, happy for my network Verizon. Grateful for my phone Google pixel 2 , grateful for all those lazy Nigerian youths that did not see this story in time to reply the story . What the helz is dichotomy , please use easy to understand English on nairaland
Will be giving testimony this Sunday , though will not be donating to any god of man, if you want to be taping some of my anointed blessing, click like
Congratulations, where are holding the thanksgiving service?
Re: May Day: Kano Govt. Abolishes HND, Bsc Dichotomy by akaahs(m): 8:24pm On May 01, 2019
Abalado:
B.tech is there superior abi.
Re: May Day: Kano Govt. Abolishes HND, Bsc Dichotomy by akaahs(m): 8:38pm On May 01, 2019
Aiyk2333:

Ur so claimed university education is a waste. What a baseless and a factless post
Re: May Day: Kano Govt. Abolishes HND, Bsc Dichotomy by Joybringer: 9:12pm On May 01, 2019
adeniyiadebayo2:

This is for how many years ?
2 years
Re: May Day: Kano Govt. Abolishes HND, Bsc Dichotomy by bizhop01: 9:21pm On May 01, 2019
muzeze77:
You need DJ for celebration
Re: May Day: Kano Govt. Abolishes HND, Bsc Dichotomy by Poanan: 9:21pm On May 01, 2019
crossfm:
the way we make assertions sometimes is illogical. How can you come out to generalized just because of the interactions you had with few persons.

Ok let us start with you. Which school did you attend and your course of study? Since you want to feel like someone who is above the other.
Re: May Day: Kano Govt. Abolishes HND, Bsc Dichotomy by Lordpeckxy(m): 9:41pm On May 01, 2019
Am In my final Year In Federal polytechnic Bida, and am also helping a Guy(let me not call him a guy, My friend) with his project(Inventory Management Tracker with voice cognition -software- ) who is also In his final Year In University Of Nsukka'.....
Building It from Bottom to Top without His Help...
As a matter of fact he doesn't even Know coding....said Lecturers who taught programming comes not up to 8 times per semester....
Don't blame him though.......
The system I blame...
Trying to be anything you don't have passion for,both in a university or polytechnic is just a waste of resources....
As far as i am concern, Bsc are just overrated....
What matters most Is the Individual....
Doesn't literally mean, I wouldn't xchange My HND cert for a Bsc if giving the chance... smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: May Day: Kano Govt. Abolishes HND, Bsc Dichotomy by Akalia(m): 9:46pm On May 01, 2019
Abalado:
How can u be saying Bsc and Hnd are the same, what an insult, abeg no bring that trash,,, Bsc superior than to hnd, chikena

So much for a B.sc holder grammar; corrected by a holder of HND . Yet you claim superiority.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Date 4 Jamb Exams Dis Year / University Of Ibadan Rejects JAMB’s 120 Admission Cut-Off Mark / Tukur Buratai: Ebonyi State University Names Institute After General

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.