Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,464 members, 7,830,333 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:51 PM

Ekwueme Joins Jonathan Campaign - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekwueme Joins Jonathan Campaign (1506 Views)

Jonathan’s Campaign Team Trapped In Maiduguri / Jonathan Campaign Bus And Hilux Set On Fire At Suleja / Photos From Jonathan's Campaign In Owerri Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ekwueme Joins Jonathan Campaign by naso2(m): 10:13am On Sep 20, 2010

Former Vice-President Alex Ekwueme has accepted to serve in President Goodluck Jonathan's Presidential Campaign Council (PCC).

The council is made up of eminent Nigerians who are expected to provide operational guidelines for the president's main campaign team, as well as coordinate all activities relating to the campaign ahead of 2011.

A full list of the members of the PCC, obtained exclusively by THISDAY, shows that it is a blend of old and new politicians drawn from the six geo-political zones of the country.

Many of the council members had been involved in moves to draft Jonathan into the race before his declaration in Abuja last Saturday.

The full list of the members, according to geo-political zones are: North-central: Governor Gabriel Suswam, Alhaji Shaaba Lafiaji, Chief Solomon Lar, Barnabas Gemade, Ahmadu Ali, Jerry Gana, Major-General Gado Nasko and Senator Tunde Ogbeha.

North-east: Governor Isa Yuguda, Alhaji Kaulaha Aliyu, Adamu Maina Waziri, Ambassador Hassan Adamu, Alhaji Bamanga Tukur, Hajiya Zainab Maina, Ibrahim Bunu, Senator Jonathan Zwingina, Senator Idris Umar, Senator Bala Muhammed, Mrs. Christy Silas, Muhammed Lawal, Barrister Ahmed Gulak and Alhaji Abubakar Muazu.

North-west: Governor Ibrahim Shema, Dr. Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso, Prof M.K Abubakar, Kabiru Tanimu SAN, Senator Isaiah Balat, Hon. Azumi Bebeji, Ambassador Dalhatu Sarki Tafida.

South-east: Governor Martin Elechi, Ojo Madueke, Mrs. Josephine Anenih, Dr. Alex Ekwueme, Chief Emmanuel Iwuanyawu, Princess Stella Ogiemwonyi, Chidinma Nwajumogu, Senator Anyim Pius Anyim, Chief John Nwodo.

South-south: Governor Liyel Imoke, Chibudom Nwuche, Godswill Orubebe, Chief Tony Anenih, Dr. Samuel Ogbemudia, Dr. Bolero Ketebu, Senator Aniete Okon, Senator Victor Ndoma-Egba, Johnnie Amalate Turner, Sully Abu, Gen Owoye Azazi.
South-west: Governor Gbenga Daniel, Olusegun Agagu, Shuaibu Oyedokun, Tunde Adeniran, Raji Rasaki, Mr. Ayoka Lawani, Wahab Dosunmu, Senator Ogunseye Ogunlewe, Sen. Olayinka Omilani, Chief Funsho Lawal, Mrs. Biodun Olujimi.

Re: Ekwueme Joins Jonathan Campaign by Metalgong1(m): 10:14am On Sep 20, 2010
And so what?
Re: Ekwueme Joins Jonathan Campaign by naso2(m): 10:17am On Sep 20, 2010
go use acid soak garri if e dey pain you.
Re: Ekwueme Joins Jonathan Campaign by Nobody: 10:19am On Sep 20, 2010
na_so:

I think u should also add the hugging of transformer alternative because oppsitions are not in ur dictionary grin grin grin
Re: Ekwueme Joins Jonathan Campaign by naso2(m): 10:22am On Sep 20, 2010
^^^^^^^^^^
First why not ask mentalgong the essence of his post? Its not compulsory to respond to every thread. Dont tell me about accomodating dissenting voices, i have hardly been found wanting.
Re: Ekwueme Joins Jonathan Campaign by Metalgong1(m): 10:30am On Sep 20, 2010
na_so:

You are just a frustrated millitant. . . . angry

I repeat my question: And so what?
Re: Ekwueme Joins Jonathan Campaign by naso2(m): 10:48am On Sep 20, 2010
^^^^^^^^
And I ask again---- must you respond to the thread?

If you dont know, this rubbishes the claim of people like you here that the SE is against GEJ's bid.
Re: Ekwueme Joins Jonathan Campaign by Solomon227(m): 12:41pm On Sep 20, 2010
Brilliant and polished Ndigbo leaders always know how to avoid the Demon against personal interest.

To my Ndigbo brethren.

I may be a slow walker but I never walk backward,.,.,.
Re: Ekwueme Joins Jonathan Campaign by Beaf: 12:42pm On Sep 20, 2010
Solomon227:

Brilliant and polished Ndigbo leaders always know how to avoid the Demon against personal interest.

To my Ndigbo brethren.

I may be a slow walker but I never walk backward,.,.,.

Amen!
Re: Ekwueme Joins Jonathan Campaign by Obiagu1(m): 2:33pm On Sep 20, 2010
Ekwueme na mumu grade 1.
Re: Ekwueme Joins Jonathan Campaign by Giyaz: 2:43pm On Sep 20, 2010
Ekwueme has no clue. grin shocked shocked
Re: Ekwueme Joins Jonathan Campaign by Nobody: 2:49pm On Sep 20, 2010
I dont know about the other guys on the list from other geo-political zones but a list comprising of Ojo Madueke, Pius anyim and Chief Emmanuel Iwuanyawu should not be taken serious.

The guys are seasoned raspscallions
Re: Ekwueme Joins Jonathan Campaign by AkinEgba: 3:26pm On Sep 20, 2010
Is Ekwueme still relevant in Ibo politics? If you throw Ojukwu and Ekwueme into ariaria market, who of them has instant face recognition and who would people flock to?
Re: Ekwueme Joins Jonathan Campaign by Solomon227(m): 3:39pm On Sep 20, 2010
@ Akin-Egba
Mark my words and put them down in your diary. When GEJ visits SE in the next few weeks not only Ekwueme will b with him but Ojukwu will be publicly supporting him.

Remember the only quality Ojukwu could remember about IBB was IBB's sense of humours nothing tangible.

The Devil doesnt trust IBB!How can an experienced and shrewd elder-statesman like Ojukwu trust IBB's sweet-talks about 2015?!

Akin-Egba:

Is Ekwueme still relevant in Ibo politics? If you throw Ojukwu and Ekwueme into ariaria market, who of them has instant face recognition and who would people flock to?
Re: Ekwueme Joins Jonathan Campaign by mensdept: 11:09pm On Sep 20, 2010
HA HA, Ekwueme, the man used to wipe the nyash of Naija politicians. Every time there's reconciliation, election, political prostitution, Ekwueme to the rescue. Shame
Re: Ekwueme Joins Jonathan Campaign by Nobody: 11:27pm On Sep 20, 2010
Re: Ekwueme Joins Jonathan Campaign by Nobody: 11:29pm On Sep 20, 2010
Folks just need to stop characterisng people merely because of who they support.

Ekwueme is not running for elections, he is simply excersizing his constitutional right to vote for/support someone. If he has come to the conclusion that Jonathan is the man for him, what is wrong with that. Why demonise or mischaracterise Ekwueme. It is simply democracy we can not all reason alike, thats the beauty of democracy.

If Ojukwu also comes to the conclusion that his man is IBB. Why do we have to debate that.

Ekwueme has one vote, so does Ojukwu and so do you. Please let us all grow and learn to imbibe the spirit of democracy in our approach to Politics.

At the end of this process there will be Igbos or Nigerians who will support Jonathan and there will be those who wont. Nobody will be more Nigerian or less Nigerian based on who they choose to support.
Re: Ekwueme Joins Jonathan Campaign by Obiagu1(m): 1:20am On Sep 21, 2010
Solomon227:

@ Akin-Egba
Mark my words and put them down in your diary. When GEJ visits SE in the next few weeks not only Ekwueme will b with him but Ojukwu will be publicly supporting him.

Remember the only quality Ojukwu could remember about IBB was IBB's sense of humours nothing tangible.

The Devil doesnt trust IBB!How can an experienced and shrewd elder-statesman like Ojukwu trust IBB's sweet-talks about 2015?!

. . . because IBB will die in office before 2015. cool
Re: Ekwueme Joins Jonathan Campaign by Obiagu1(m): 1:24am On Sep 21, 2010
Akin-Egba:

Who be Ekwueme? The one that formed PDP and they threw him under the bus, yet he's still stuck with that worthless party? Ekwueme is not different from Zik.
Re: Ekwueme Joins Jonathan Campaign by Kobojunkie: 1:41am On Sep 21, 2010
The same Ekwueme that sat with Shagari for 4 years? When did we decide he was an upstanding member of Ibo society?  Where the frell do you FAKE ibo reps get your brains from?

(1) (Reply)

Whats Your Views On Mugabe / Begining Of Prof Jega Failure!daniel Heads To Court / Live Coverage Of Nigeria;s Election On Saharareporters.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.