Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,193 members, 7,829,270 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:19 PM

Davido Celebrates Tiwa Savage For Signing Universal Music Deal - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Davido Celebrates Tiwa Savage For Signing Universal Music Deal (30445 Views)

49-99: Teebillz Celebrates Tiwa Savage (Photo) / Olakunle Churchill Celebrates Tiwa Savage / Wizkid Celebrates Tiwa Savage's 38th Birthday With These 5 Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Davido Celebrates Tiwa Savage For Signing Universal Music Deal by SEGLIZ: 7:30pm On May 02, 2019
..... while some idiot are beefing even when they've not achieved 5% her entirety.

1 Like

Re: Davido Celebrates Tiwa Savage For Signing Universal Music Deal by Olulinks(m): 7:34pm On May 02, 2019
Deal that African artists always regret. Ask Davido of his experience. Ask Burna boy too.
Lanretoye:
the way UMG manager was talking as if they are helping ties salvage is what I don't understand,as if they won't be making anything from the deal.i taught was supposed to be an investment.
Re: Davido Celebrates Tiwa Savage For Signing Universal Music Deal by onatisi(m): 8:16pm On May 02, 2019
may we not start a good job
only for someone else to finish it and take all the glory

teebliz should have been here and a party to this deal because he helped tiwa at the beginning

1 Like

Re: Davido Celebrates Tiwa Savage For Signing Universal Music Deal by whirlout: 9:07pm On May 02, 2019
I dont know him personally but Don Jazzy has to be one of the most decent human beings in Nigeria. I dont throw such complements around because of the nature of Nigerians always trying to hold you down and hinder your progress but you barely see any drama with him. He nutures his artists, invests in them and when they express they need to leave, he says no problems and wishes them the best. Albeit he has made some money through them too but how many label owners would have let them leave freely and not throw up roadblocks and lawsuits left and right. I especially enjoy the fact he stood his ground without reconciling after Dbang did him wrong despite the money to be made and the pressure was there to reconcile but he refused to cave. He remained cordial, never badmouth but stood on principles. The man is rare gem and truly a man of honor. We need more like him. Kudos to him for not standing in Tiwa's way and allowing her to spread her wings

3 Likes

Re: Davido Celebrates Tiwa Savage For Signing Universal Music Deal by k2fresh: 9:31pm On May 02, 2019
Mr Eazi is also signed to universal music group.Didn't get this much publicity.
Re: Davido Celebrates Tiwa Savage For Signing Universal Music Deal by Iretii0511(m): 9:52pm On May 02, 2019
oloriLFC:
what does K.T.B.F.F.H mean?

Keep The Blue Flag Flying High
Re: Davido Celebrates Tiwa Savage For Signing Universal Music Deal by chosenwan1(m): 12:17am On May 03, 2019
People are here celebrating what they don't know. I am still searching and asking, what are the benefits of an afrobeat artiste getting a 'global' deal. All they talk about is that they will get global outreach, of which thanks to technology and internet you can get good coverage because Nigerians abroad will give you free marketing. Africans always ready to kiss the white man's feet
Olulinks:
Deal that African artists always regret. Ask Davido of his experience. Ask Burna boy too.

1 Like

Re: Davido Celebrates Tiwa Savage For Signing Universal Music Deal by 9jaRealist: 1:29am On May 03, 2019
Congrats Big Sis...

Where's Victoria Kilimanjaro now?! grin

Re: Davido Celebrates Tiwa Savage For Signing Universal Music Deal by 9jaRealist: 1:44am On May 03, 2019
chosenwan1:
People are here celebrating what they don't know. I am still searching and asking, what are the benefits of an afrobeat artiste getting a 'global' deal. All they talk about is that they will get global outreach, of which thanks to technology and internet you can get good coverage because Nigerians abroad will give you free marketing. Africans always ready to kiss the white man's feet

...and what's the downside of signing a global deal? shocked

Dude, it's great to be globally known (mostly among the diaspora population and a handful of others) on YouTube and other such platforms, but ultimately you have to MONETIZE that popularity. A major worldwide label and global distribution deal affords you expertise, finance, connections, a team, access and publicity, among other things. Reality is that there is NO disadvantage to a major global deal that an artiste may not also suffer on a local deal. Meanwhile, just being signed to a major global label immediately accords an artiste a certain level of instant credibility. It's NOT a small accomplishment (or everyone would be signing these), so abegi do not even try to diminish it.

1 Like

Re: Davido Celebrates Tiwa Savage For Signing Universal Music Deal by oloriLFC(f): 7:26am On May 03, 2019
Iretii0511:

Keep The Blue Flag Flying High
OK. Thanks
Re: Davido Celebrates Tiwa Savage For Signing Universal Music Deal by jahswill99: 8:45am On May 03, 2019
never worry about your gas running out untimely.. monitor your gas level..... call or whatsapp

Re: Davido Celebrates Tiwa Savage For Signing Universal Music Deal by chosenwan1(m): 8:59pm On May 05, 2019
First of all you have NOT read the contract given to her, if only you know what kind of contracts are given to these artiste you won't quote me with things you do not know. Do your research, monetize my foot, these labels mean business so whatever you make they would take a huge portion. All that glitters is not gold! God forbid the artiste does not make the numbers, do you also think a label like that will give you creative control?
9jaRealist:

...and what's the downside of signing a global deal? shocked

Dude, it's great to be globally known (mostly among the diaspora population and a handful of others) on YouTube and other such platforms, but ultimately you have to MONETIZE that popularity. A major worldwide label and global distribution deal affords you expertise, finance, connections, a team, access and publicity, among other things. Reality is that there is NO disadvantage to a major global deal that an artiste may not also suffer on a local deal. Meanwhile, just being signed to a major global label immediately accords an artiste a certain level of instant credibility. It's NOT a small accomplishment (or everyone would be signing these), so abegi do not even try to diminish it.
Re: Davido Celebrates Tiwa Savage For Signing Universal Music Deal by Xclusivegrin007(m): 9:27pm On May 05, 2019
oloriLFC:
what does K.T.B.F.F.H mean?
keep the blue flag flying high

1 Like

Re: Davido Celebrates Tiwa Savage For Signing Universal Music Deal by oloriLFC(f): 10:19pm On May 05, 2019
Xclusivegrin007:
keep the blue flag flying high
thanks

1 Like

Re: Davido Celebrates Tiwa Savage For Signing Universal Music Deal by 9jaRealist: 5:23am On May 06, 2019
chosenwan1:
First of all you have NOT read the contract given to her, if only you know what kind of contracts are given to these artiste you won't quote me with things you do not know. Do your research, monetize my foot, these labels mean business so whatever you make they would take a huge portion. All that glitters is not gold! God forbid the artiste does not make the numbers, do you also think a label like that will give you creative control?

And have you yourself seen the contract before you made your comment? shocked

Why should labels make money off artistes? Is there any employer (or business partner) that does not seek to make money off employees (or the partnership)? Labels (like employers/partners) invest in artistes with the expectation of recouping their investments and making a bit of profit (heck, a handsome profit) on top? It's known as MUTUALITY OF INTERESTS! In effect, it's in both parties interests to be successful!
Re: Davido Celebrates Tiwa Savage For Signing Universal Music Deal by 9jaRealist: 5:25am On May 06, 2019
chosenwan1:

PS: Meanwhile, you still have have NOT established how this international deal puts her in any greater disadvantage than staying with local labels. Are local labels charitable organizations with no interest in making money? I mean, we have heard that Yahoo Boys are some of the biggest backers of Nigeria's music industry, but surely those dudes did not put themselves at so much risks just to dash money to local artistes?
Re: Davido Celebrates Tiwa Savage For Signing Universal Music Deal by chosenwan1(m): 4:41pm On May 06, 2019
What I am trying to make you understand is that you can be rich on paper but in the real sense broke. I like to stick to reality, all those artiste that were signed before her what happened? Davido & co. So you know that the labels are there to cash out with "handsome profit", to whose detriment? It is just a situation of when you think the grass is greener on the other side... lol at the "mutuality of interests", how can you arrive at that conclusion after all you have said.#naive

9jaRealist:

And have you yourself seen the contract before you made your comment? shocked

Why should labels make money off artistes? Is there any employer (or business partner) that does not seek to make money off employees (or the partnership)? Labels (like employers/partners) invest in artistes with the expectation of recouping their investments and making a bit of profit (heck, a handsome profit) on top? It's known as MUTUALITY OF INTERESTS! In effect, it's in both parties interests to be successful!
Re: Davido Celebrates Tiwa Savage For Signing Universal Music Deal by 9jaRealist: 2:19am On May 08, 2019
chosenwan1:
What I am trying to make you understand is that you can be rich on paper but in the real sense broke. I like to stick to reality, all those artiste that were signed before her what happened? Davido & co. So you know that the labels are there to cash out with "handsome profit", to whose detriment? It is just a situation of when you think the grass is greener on the other side... lol at the "mutuality of interests", how can you arrive at that conclusion after all you have said.#naive

So Davido looks "broke" to you? Or Wizkid?! grin

Quite sure that most Nigerians their age (heck any age) would love to be that "broke"! Meanwhile, still waiting for you to explain the simple basic question at the start of this conversation: exactly how is signing this international deal more detrimental than not signing it and remaining solely with a local label?! That's a basic question that you've dance around with no substantive response, because for your position to remotely make sense it would by definition be premised on the notion that locally-signed artistes are rich "in the real sense" and never broke! Is it really that difficult for some Nigerians to be happy for others?! SMH
Re: Davido Celebrates Tiwa Savage For Signing Universal Music Deal by 9jaRealist: 2:30am On May 08, 2019
chosenwan1:

Dude, if you have ever held a formal job, the notion that EVERY employer-employee (or business partnership) relationship by definition involves a "mutuality of interests" should be easy enough for you to grasp. Frankly shocked that anyone would struggle to grasp such a basic concept.
Re: Davido Celebrates Tiwa Savage For Signing Universal Music Deal by chosenwan1(m): 11:09am On May 08, 2019
Oh I understand alright, it is you who lacks understanding. Go back read all that I have said, read it slowly after a couple of more times you will understand what I mean. You cannot understand if you don't take into cognizance all I have said. I am not surprised, most of you on here think you are all knowing and everything you say should be applauded. We were talking about the benefits of an international deal when the EVIDENCE is clear for everyone to see, you now wrote nonsense saying Davido looks broke to me Please don't quote me. Do your research and keep an open mind when discussing with people.

9jaRealist:

Dude, if you have ever held a formal job, the notion that EVERY employer-employee (or business partnership) relationship by definition involves a "mutuality of interests" should be easy enough for you to grasp. Frankly shocked that anyone would struggle to grasp such a basic concept.
Re: Davido Celebrates Tiwa Savage For Signing Universal Music Deal by 9jaRealist: 11:27am On May 08, 2019
chosenwan1:
Oh I understand alright, it is you who lacks understanding. Go back read all that I have said, read it slowly after a couple of more times you will understand what I mean. You cannot understand if you don't take into cognizance all I have said. I am not surprised, most of you on here think you are all knowing and everything you say should be applauded. We were talking about the benefits of an international deal when the EVIDENCE is clear for everyone to see, you now wrote nonsense saying Davido looks broke to me Please don't quote me. Do your research and keep an open mind when discussing with people.

You keep writing unnecessarily pedantic posts but still keep avoiding the BASIC question...
What about an international deal makes it ANY MORE DETRIMENTAL than a local deal?! SMH undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photos From Wedding Of Stonebwoy And Louisa Kwakye / Celebrities Steps Out In Style For Dj Xclusive All White Party (PHOTOS) / Chacha Eke Twerks For Her Husband, Austin Faani On Valentine's Day (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.