Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,962 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:08 AM

“Every Policeman In Abia Wants To Be Posted To Aba" CP Okon - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “Every Policeman In Abia Wants To Be Posted To Aba" CP Okon (15877 Views)

Unknown Gunmen Kill Policeman In Ogidi, Anambra State (Disturbing Video, Pix) / Nnamdi Kanu Posing & Smiling With A Policeman In Throwback Photo / CP Okon Dismisses Kanu’s Threat On Family. Vows To Go On With Arrest Of IPOB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

“Every Policeman In Abia Wants To Be Posted To Aba" CP Okon by mcvities(m): 2:50am On May 03, 2019
Ogbonnaya Ikokwu, Umuahia

The Commissioner of Police in Abia State , Mr Ene Okon , has warned policemen in the state to desist from criminal activities , stressing that the number of officers involved in crime in Aba , the commercial hub of the state , was alarming.

The CP gave this warning during his familiarisation tour with members of the Police Community Relations Committee in Aba , on Tuesday.

He urged the officers to eschew indiscipline in its entirety and embrace the tenets of policing in the state .
Okon , who said he wanted to return policing to members of the Aba community , also urged residents to always fulfil their own obligations to the police by volunteering appropriate and timely information about suspected criminals as well as being obedient to the law.

He said , “I have a problem with policemen in Aba . The number of policemen that are involved in criminal activities in Aba is alarming.

“Every policeman in Abia wants to be posted to Aba . My question is, to do what ? Does it mean police work cannot be done at Arochukwu , Ohafia , Nkporo, Isuikwuato and Uzuakoli? Why must it be Aba?

“The bottom line is bribery. For those , who have corruption tendencies and come to Aba to destroy the image of the police, I urge you to get ready because it will not work again.

“I don’ t know whether you are not ashamed that you as policemen are involved in crime all because of pocket money . I will not spare you.

“Those that have worked with me know my stand on these dirty and corrupt practices. I know the Nigerian society and , especially the Igbo. If you do your work diligently, they will appreciate you.

“Not when you go and extort money from somebody unjustly , how can you expect something good in your life?”

Okon wandered how someone employed to fight crime could turn to a criminal himself, pointing out that there was a problem in the system.

“You may not be happy, but I ’ ve told you the truth and that is it. I’ ll always tell you the truth no matter who is involved , ” he added.

On the members of the community , he said , “For the members of the public, it is true you own the police and assignus to protect you and your property. So , it is your right to get that , but mind you that you have an obligation.

“You cannot separate right from obligation here . We know you have your right , but back it up with your obligations . You must obey the law , assist and support this institution you have created to serve you.

“If you fail to obey the law , this police you created will turn against you . Police are not magicians . We need your information to function adequately . We cannot be everywhere. ”

https://punchng.com/abia-cp-raises-the-alarm-over-cops-involvement-in-crime/?fbclid=IwAR2gTOSCdbvEQIZsUNyWsOyImxgFQJxbxS58o45uPntYNwT9xiukVC-sHPE

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: “Every Policeman In Abia Wants To Be Posted To Aba" CP Okon by matify83: 3:17am On May 03, 2019
The display of opulence in that society will make you hate poverty.

I don't blame them.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “Every Policeman In Abia Wants To Be Posted To Aba" CP Okon by Kingpee2(m): 3:33am On May 03, 2019
I wonder what Aba made police will look like .

24 Likes

Re: “Every Policeman In Abia Wants To Be Posted To Aba" CP Okon by chukwuibuipob: 3:45am On May 03, 2019
sad sad ipob sabi how to scam themselves. Nor be today.D CP shud redeploy such useless cop to Kebbi,Zamfara,Taraba,Sokoto,Gombe,Kastina..Thieves

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: “Every Policeman In Abia Wants To Be Posted To Aba" CP Okon by JudasNaCarrot: 3:58am On May 03, 2019
Because that is the only place that has sugar to taste the tongue in the whole of Abia State.

Police wahala no start today.

25 Likes

Re: “Every Policeman In Abia Wants To Be Posted To Aba" CP Okon by Chinashopping84: 3:59am On May 03, 2019
Aba is the centre of everything in Abia state.Good choice.We well Chinese yuan at a discounted rate.
Re: “Every Policeman In Abia Wants To Be Posted To Aba" CP Okon by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:11am On May 03, 2019
He said , “I have a problem with policemen in Aba . The number of policemen that are involved in criminal activities in Aba is alarming. 
Every policeman in Abia wants to be posted to Aba . My question is, to do what ? Does it mean police work cannot be done at Arochukwu , Ohafia , Nkporo, Isuikwuato and Uzuakoli? Why must it be Aba?
Just imagine this!
99% of our policemen all over the country need TOTAL orientation and evaluation.
Some of them are worse than criminals.

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: “Every Policeman In Abia Wants To Be Posted To Aba" CP Okon by MadCow1: 5:11am On May 03, 2019
Abia State?!. grin

I had no idea that place was still a state. undecided

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “Every Policeman In Abia Wants To Be Posted To Aba" CP Okon by Alamu1111: 5:11am On May 03, 2019
That is where the money @

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: “Every Policeman In Abia Wants To Be Posted To Aba" CP Okon by Opinedecandid(m): 5:14am On May 03, 2019
Because Aba is a money-milking machine from the indegenes.
Police is your best friend.

3 Likes

Re: “Every Policeman In Abia Wants To Be Posted To Aba" CP Okon by Peacemaker5129(f): 5:16am On May 03, 2019
Headquarters of criminals is Aba

1 Like 1 Share

Re: “Every Policeman In Abia Wants To Be Posted To Aba" CP Okon by anyimontana(m): 5:16am On May 03, 2019
More like,Every DPO wants to be posted in commercial city(aba,onitcha etc)not only aba
Re: “Every Policeman In Abia Wants To Be Posted To Aba" CP Okon by JudgeOGBUNABALI(m): 5:18am On May 03, 2019
cool cool
Oga you wan teach us our work Ok naa, we shall see.
Re: “Every Policeman In Abia Wants To Be Posted To Aba" CP Okon by lunacol(m): 5:19am On May 03, 2019
Aba is the commercial nerve of Abia State.Most police officers posted to the state lobbies to be posted to Aba and the only reason is to make more money apart from there monthly salary.
Re: “Every Policeman In Abia Wants To Be Posted To Aba" CP Okon by anyimontana(m): 5:19am On May 03, 2019
MadCow1:
Abia State?!. grin

cos u r indeed a mad cow...

12 Likes

Re: “Every Policeman In Abia Wants To Be Posted To Aba" CP Okon by Phygo(m): 5:20am On May 03, 2019
The exchange rate is higher in Aba
Re: “Every Policeman In Abia Wants To Be Posted To Aba" CP Okon by MadCow1: 5:23am On May 03, 2019
anyimontana:
cos u r indeed a mad cow...

Who be this one now? You better waka pass before you prize market wey you no fit buy..

angry
Re: “Every Policeman In Abia Wants To Be Posted To Aba" CP Okon by tstx(m): 5:27am On May 03, 2019
That's where the money is......

I build websites and I am based in Abuja, see my signature
Re: “Every Policeman In Abia Wants To Be Posted To Aba" CP Okon by Manson1(m): 5:28am On May 03, 2019
This is four bedroom residential accommodation designed by asomarchitectng..

It's has an ante room, living room, dinning area with bar ,laundry and all rooms ensuite. Contact us for the complete architectural drawings..

See my signature for more details...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: “Every Policeman In Abia Wants To Be Posted To Aba" CP Okon by anyimontana(m): 5:28am On May 03, 2019
MadCow1:

Who be this one now? You better waka pass before you prize market wey you no fit buy..

angry
have sense early this morning to guide u tru the day

8 Likes

Re: “Every Policeman In Abia Wants To Be Posted To Aba" CP Okon by lanrexdo(m): 5:29am On May 03, 2019
They all want to follow where the money is at. Police of nowadays follow the smell of money only. [i][/i]
Re: “Every Policeman In Abia Wants To Be Posted To Aba" CP Okon by MadCow1: 5:31am On May 03, 2019
anyimontana:
have sense early this morning to guide u tru the day

Shey the sense wey you get no warn you say make you avoid me this morning abi?

Continue to dey prize my market, I go soon write invoice give you now.
Re: “Every Policeman In Abia Wants To Be Posted To Aba" CP Okon by Nobody: 5:45am On May 03, 2019
“Those that have worked with me know my stand on these dirty and corrupt practices. I know the Nigerian society and , especially the Igbo. If you do your work diligently, they will appreciate you.

Of course everyone would love to be posted to the heartbeat of every state..

Much more one that has open hands to appreciation like the CP alleged.

1 Like

Re: “Every Policeman In Abia Wants To Be Posted To Aba" CP Okon by Shashar: 6:03am On May 03, 2019
MadCow1:

Shey the sense wey you get no warn you say make you avoid me this morning abi?

Continue to dey prize my market, I go soon write invoice give you now.
Try get sense na

2 Likes

Re: “Every Policeman In Abia Wants To Be Posted To Aba" CP Okon by Afonja007: 6:10am On May 03, 2019
MadCow1:
Abia State?!. grin

if skull mining capital of Nigeria ogun is still a state ,then kastina or zamfara where bandits can kill 100 people every week are all still a state then abia is a virgin state in terms of crime

5 Likes

Re: “Every Policeman In Abia Wants To Be Posted To Aba" CP Okon by ITbomb(m): 6:15am On May 03, 2019
Abia state has one of the highest road blocks in the country, each making not less than 100k every day

2 Likes

Re: “Every Policeman In Abia Wants To Be Posted To Aba" CP Okon by lonelydora: 6:19am On May 03, 2019
Very true.

The number of road blocks on Abia state, especially within Aba axis is alarming.

Until Abians say enough is enough, we will continue to get people like Ikpeazu

3 Likes

Re: “Every Policeman In Abia Wants To Be Posted To Aba" CP Okon by ItzEminence(m): 6:20am On May 03, 2019
Nigeria Police is full of corruption, Can you imagine that a D.P.O of police was bold to tell my Dad when He went to bell out some people that we don't have business men that are rich in our LGA, that if it were to be where he was before that he knows how much that he would have charged for the bell out of those people and the will pay it.

But they will still tell the Citizens that Police is your friend and that bell is free

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Newspaper Threatens To Sue PDP For N7m Advert Debt / Gov. Akpabio’s Failure To Pay Promised Vote-bribe Sparks Protest In Abuja / Anxiety Over Buhari’s Failure To Name Cabinet Three Weeks After Inauguration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.