Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,104 members, 7,852,746 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 03:57 AM

Solomon Buchi Slams Tobi Bakre's Mother Over Marriage Advice - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Solomon Buchi Slams Tobi Bakre's Mother Over Marriage Advice (16471 Views)

Actors Guild To Sanction Tonto Dikeh Over Marriage Saga / Seyi Law Apologizes To His Wife Over Marriage Crisis Joke / Yvonne Okoro Slams Kofi Okyere Darko Who Congratulated John Dumelo Over Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solomon Buchi Slams Tobi Bakre's Mother Over Marriage Advice by adonismuller(m): 2:49pm On May 03, 2019
dominique:
Well said Buchi. I couldn't even watch more than 20 seconds of the disgusting video. Women should stop enabling bad behaviour in men, stop making him feel like he's doing you a favour by being married to you. We parents have our work cut out for us in teaching RESPECT, self esteem and self worth to our daughters as well as RESPECT, commitment and responsibility to our sons.
you always sound pained ....

People like you are the ones that monitor everything their husband does and eventually lead him to cheat

7 Likes

Re: Solomon Buchi Slams Tobi Bakre's Mother Over Marriage Advice by Sisi99: 2:50pm On May 03, 2019
hmmm
Re: Solomon Buchi Slams Tobi Bakre's Mother Over Marriage Advice by PeachtreeReside(f): 2:51pm On May 03, 2019
Her advise that she is sharing and worked for her is now a problem?

It's her opinion O ooo.

If you worry yourself about hubby's whereabouts, you will die of hypertension is what she is saying .

Find a business to do.

Get a hobby too

Get great supportive friends to hang out with

Focus on your children

Look good too.

She has lasted in the holy institution for 29years so she knows what she is saying ....

9 Likes

Re: Solomon Buchi Slams Tobi Bakre's Mother Over Marriage Advice by Sirpascal007(m): 2:52pm On May 03, 2019
Oyindidi:
Na your own be that, so far as we dey marry, I go monitor like monitoring spirit. I go get say for everything. Him say I be feminist but me no be one. I just like to get mouth for union wey we both agree to start.

Funny u ...pls I will like u to monitor me ooh I don't mind,men needs to be constantly checked by there partner's.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Solomon Buchi Slams Tobi Bakre's Mother Over Marriage Advice by Arkmanbuddy(m): 2:52pm On May 03, 2019
itspzpics:
Wat concern me ke

Since its not nude pictures abi?
Re: Solomon Buchi Slams Tobi Bakre's Mother Over Marriage Advice by Sisi99: 2:52pm On May 03, 2019
hmmmm
Re: Solomon Buchi Slams Tobi Bakre's Mother Over Marriage Advice by Arkmanbuddy(m): 2:53pm On May 03, 2019
Oyindidi:
Na your own be that, so far as we dey marry, I go monitor like monitoring spirit. I go get say for everything. Him say I be feminist but me no be one. I just like to get mouth for union wey we both agree to start.

Good Lady, not like that @Dominique spitting sand!
Re: Solomon Buchi Slams Tobi Bakre's Mother Over Marriage Advice by iamfromlagos(f): 2:54pm On May 03, 2019
PeachtreeReside:
Her advise that she is sharing and worked for her is now a problem?

It's her opinion O ooo.

If you worry yourself about hubby's whereabouts, you will die of hypertension is what she is saying .

Find a business to do.

Get a hobby too

Get great supportive friends to hang out with

Focus on your children

Look good too.

She has lasted in the holy institution for 29years so she knows what she is saying ....
You couldn't have said it any better.

1 Like

Re: Solomon Buchi Slams Tobi Bakre's Mother Over Marriage Advice by PHIPEX(m): 2:54pm On May 03, 2019
This guy forgot there is no universal formula for marriage, he said a women should walk away when cheated on, what advice does he have on how she and the kids will survive? Who told him he himself is giving the right the advice?

He thinks feminism and human right is akin to a happy marriage, plenty theories no practical experience. See what Tonto has turned to while upholding human right.

3 Likes

Re: Solomon Buchi Slams Tobi Bakre's Mother Over Marriage Advice by Elliot2(m): 2:56pm On May 03, 2019
I have once told a story here about a couple who got the award for the most peaceful union in my area. That union was between a chronic alcoholic and talkative and a housewife whose combination is marvelling. There was virtually no one the man did not fight with: from the bar attendants to neighbors at home. But despite that nuisance,there was no day neighbours saw PR heard them fight. The secret was "understanding".
Re: Solomon Buchi Slams Tobi Bakre's Mother Over Marriage Advice by Martartins(m): 2:58pm On May 03, 2019
The women folk endures so much, yet so much is still expected from them.

I stand with respect and dignity for the women folk. And I think Buchi made more sense.

I hate randy married men......

5 Likes

Re: Solomon Buchi Slams Tobi Bakre's Mother Over Marriage Advice by Nobody: 3:02pm On May 03, 2019
dominique:
Well said Buchi. I couldn't even watch more than 20 seconds of the disgusting video. Women should stop enabling bad behaviour in men, stop making him feel like he's doing you a favour by being married to you. We parents have our work cut out for us in teaching RESPECT, self esteem and self worth to our daughters as well as RESPECT, commitment and responsibility to our sons.

As far as marriage is "consigned" the Man is actually doing u a favour if he marries you.
Re: Solomon Buchi Slams Tobi Bakre's Mother Over Marriage Advice by Nobody: 3:07pm On May 03, 2019
See d mumu Guy, somebori's marriage lasted for over 2Decades and u think she's spitting CRAP abi ?
#Smh
Re: Solomon Buchi Slams Tobi Bakre's Mother Over Marriage Advice by roland2rule(m): 3:09pm On May 03, 2019
Online activist grin grin

I already warn my GF never to take advice from the SM because that will bring an end to the happy relationship. Live your life the way you understand it... If your principle is bringing you happiness and progress, build more on the foundation and don't go and be looking for stupid challenge.

When you are successful, people always want to apply your principle to their life hoping that it will work for them but they have forgotten you can't build your emotion and body system on someone's else principle.....

Madam spent 20 years + in her marriage, and aunty feminist thinks it's easy... When you understand your partner, everything work best for you....
_______
SOMEONE SAID SLOW AND STEADY WINS THE RACE cheesy

ANOTHER ONE SAID, THE EARLIER YOU START, THE BETTER FOR YOU AND THE FASTER YOU WIN. angry
______
They were both successful in their ways angry because they understood their body system and the goals they pursuing...

Now, you are confused on whom to follow in the two cheesy.... Can you combine the two quotes for a single mission ?

My brother, My sister, Know yourself, Understand your partner and make your relationship work out...

2 Likes

Re: Solomon Buchi Slams Tobi Bakre's Mother Over Marriage Advice by godlyguy(m): 3:30pm On May 03, 2019
Re: Solomon Buchi Slams Tobi Bakre's Mother Over Marriage Advice by Reptyle(m): 3:38pm On May 03, 2019
newsynews:

Tobi Bakre's mother has been slammed by a life coach, Solomon Buchi, over comments she made while giving marriage advice to couples.

In the video below, Tobi Bakre's mother could heard saying women should not bother about their husband's whereabouts. According to her, doing such will only give them more problems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDeXvzTNtv0

In reaction, Solomon Buchi wrote:

https://lailasnews.com/solomon-buchi-slams-tobi-bakres-mother/

Why do people always feel the need to seek relevance?

What is a "Solomon Buchi"? Why would I listen to a boy who graduated from "Heritage Polytechnic" barely 7 years ago and is yet to figure out his own life, but prides himself as a "life coach", over a woman that has been married for 29 years and raised children?

The woman is not a professional marriage counselor. She has been married for 29 years and managed to make it work, so she gave advice based on her own experience. She wasnt forcing her opinion on anyone. Yet this boy feels the need to run his mouth about a woman probaly old enough to be his mother.

I know that courting controversy on social media is one of the recent ways to gain relevance. But there really should be red lines.

Cc lalasticlala
Re: Solomon Buchi Slams Tobi Bakre's Mother Over Marriage Advice by dominique(f): 3:41pm On May 03, 2019
SEONaijaExpert:

I don't know when you became women activist or probably a feminist but let's put this straight.

Different people have different formula for holding their marriage together.

This woman shared hers and fortunately it has worked for her for good 29 years... What the fuss are you guys about?

What has worked for you or those castigating her?

That she survived for 29 years doesn't mean the rest of her other counterparts were that lucky. A lot of women are dying in miserable marriages because they're taking to advice such as this. We need to stop giving men the impression that keeping the sanctity of marriage lies squarely on the woman. We need to stop enabling and excusing irresponsibility in the name of "men are polygamous in nature". I've been married for almost a decade myself and the first few years and the first few years were rocky because of our different standpoints on marriage. At a point the marriage was on the verge of colapse and I was about to move on. But he with time he learnt marriage is about mutual respect and understanding and I also learnt not to fight back all the time. So we've reached a compromise and we've been living peacefully since.

Strength of a marriage should not be about how much bullshit a woman can stomach from a man for so long. You can be married for donkey years, if your husband steps out on you and retruns whenever he likes, you're in a failed marriage as far as I'm concerned.

6 Likes

Re: Solomon Buchi Slams Tobi Bakre's Mother Over Marriage Advice by TemmyT002(m): 4:13pm On May 03, 2019
The guy na feminist so I am not surprised
Re: Solomon Buchi Slams Tobi Bakre's Mother Over Marriage Advice by debossng: 4:14pm On May 03, 2019
Experience is the best marriage Counselor. Tobi's Mom shared practical life experience of 29years and still counting but Buchi is speaking plenty grammar.

Abeg in your best interest choose experience and save your marriage
Re: Solomon Buchi Slams Tobi Bakre's Mother Over Marriage Advice by SEONaijaExpert: 4:52pm On May 03, 2019
dominique:

That she survived for 29 years doesn't mean the rest of her other counterparts were that lucky. A lot of women are dying in miserable marriages because they're taking to advice such as this. We need to stop giving men the impression that keeping the sanctity of marriage lies squarely on the woman. We need to stop enabling and excusing irresponsibility in the name of "men are polygamous in nature". I've been married for almost a decade myself and the first few years and the first few years were rocky because of our different standpoints on marriage. At a point the marriage was on the verge of colapse and I was about to move on. But he with time he learnt marriage is about mutual respect and understanding and I also learnt not to fight back all the time. So we've reached a compromise and we've been living peacefully since.

Strength of a marriage should not be about how much bullshit a woman can stomach from a man for so long. You can be married for donkey years, if your husband steps out on you and retruns whenever he likes, you're in a failed marriage as far as I'm concerned.
Just back to read this. I think you sound more like protesting for a cause. Fact remains, marriage doesn't not have a standard formula, neither does it have a manual to follow aside the Bible (not sounding religious). What you've shared is a general opinion or let me say what has made your marriage work, more like exactly what I asked you. But do you think the same would work for others? See, I won't be tempted to go local by saying this is Africa and we're upheld by certain cultural valves but far away from that, no matter how you see it, you've made a lot of compromise than you ever thought you could before you got married. I stand corrected.

I don't want to see you ad someone support equality in marriage because you didn't mention it outrightly but no matter the compromise the man would have made, you've stomached some bullshïts too just to make your marriage work it's just that the angle facing you is backing another person. Different issues, different approach. You can't beat men at this no matter your clamour not to take BS in marriages.

If I'm to summarized what the woman said in the video, it all comes down to one word - submission, which I'm glad you right stated that you observed too by not fighting back. That's it...and that's where the peace really is.

Some men are indeed polygamous, in fact most women sharing their husband with other women under the same roof probably never saw it coming. That's the nature of the man, he wants more than one and as a wife you can either accept and stay in your space or protest and get out of the marriage. Whichever, he would still go ahead with other women. I think every woman in marriage should be thankful for their kind of man, especially if he's making effort to make the marriage work. There's little or no power given to any woman/wife to determine the direction of the marriage except the power to pack out and live on.

Every woman in marriage takes bullshïts, it just comes in different shades. That's all.

6 Likes

Re: Solomon Buchi Slams Tobi Bakre's Mother Over Marriage Advice by megareal: 7:10pm On May 03, 2019
This type of advice is better left in the trash can. Only a foolish woman and an unrepentant runsgirl will accept this rubbish.
Re: Solomon Buchi Slams Tobi Bakre's Mother Over Marriage Advice by Awoo88: 8:18pm On May 03, 2019
Sound advice from a very experience woman. Worrying about your husband's whereabouts is a sign of insecurity. An insecure woman is a big headache no man should be advise to manage

1 Like

Re: Solomon Buchi Slams Tobi Bakre's Mother Over Marriage Advice by Dakosta1(m): 9:08pm On May 03, 2019
MadCow1:
A woman bothering about her Husbands whereabouts is a colossal waste of time and energy. Most times, we men dont even know where we are..

FUNNY...
Re: Solomon Buchi Slams Tobi Bakre's Mother Over Marriage Advice by Amanda4life: 9:55pm On May 03, 2019
cr7lomo:
I don't understand how people reason...y wud u monitor ur husband?? As in stalker or what?? Has he given u a reason to doubt his attention or love??...I just don't understand...a woman that has been experienced in marriage for at least 30yrs is giving an advice and one chewing gum that is probably not married or new in marriage is challenging her...most marriages don't last these days cos we have imported the western culture...the same culture that can't even work for them

This is because Africa is going western.

We will all have daughter s and sons., that is if we don't have now.
People should should weigh things before we say it

From experience certain things we do or say way back always hunts in the future.
Re: Solomon Buchi Slams Tobi Bakre's Mother Over Marriage Advice by generationz(f): 10:36pm On May 03, 2019
Fadedvoices2:
Judging from the reactions to buchi’s outburst it is clear that most Nigerians including women don’t want patriarchy to end.

My dear to say I'm shocked is an understatement

Even the women support the nonsense

Its obvious this woman ( Tobi's mom) is either frigid in bed or has her own boyfriends.
There is no way a woman will know here husband cheats and wont be miserable for 29 years except she has an escape route

2 Likes

Re: Solomon Buchi Slams Tobi Bakre's Mother Over Marriage Advice by Nobody: 4:20am On May 04, 2019
Elliot2:
I have once told a story here about a couple who got the award for the most peaceful union in my area. That union was between a chronic alcoholic and talkative and a housewife whose combination is marvelling. There was virtually no one the man did not fight with: from the bar attendants to neighbors at home. But despite that nuisance,there was no day neighbours saw PR heard them fight. The secret was "understanding".

wow!!!

Re: Solomon Buchi Slams Tobi Bakre's Mother Over Marriage Advice by mechanics(m): 10:57am On May 04, 2019
hmmmmm, nothing like too jealous, if one's husband is going astray, the wife has the audacity to tell him his fault and if he does not listen, God won't hold her guilty.
Re: Solomon Buchi Slams Tobi Bakre's Mother Over Marriage Advice by Elliot2(m): 4:39pm On May 04, 2019
tohyorsih2:

wow!!!
There are no perfect human on earth,knowing that helps solve a lot of ish. This very couple is still alive. When the man comes home smelling allover and abusing anything and anyone on sight, wife just make hot water for him without minding him. She then ask him to go n bathe; after that,he eats the food on the table and before u know,he is sleeping. When he wakes up fresh,this new creature is the best the wife ever has as they chat and laugh over everything. And that laughing and chatting is what neighbors hear and see. How that wife manages such a family is beyond compression.
Re: Solomon Buchi Slams Tobi Bakre's Mother Over Marriage Advice by Nobody: 4:45pm On May 04, 2019
Elliot2:
There are no perfect human on earth,knowing that helps solve a lot of ish. This very couple is still alive. When the man comes home smelling allover and abusing anything and anyone on sight, wife just make hot water for him without minding him. She then ask him to go n bathe; after that,he eats the food on the table and before u know,he is sleeping. When he wakes up fresh,this new creature is the best the wife ever has as they chat and laugh over everything. And that laughing and chatting is what neighbors hear and see. How that wife manages such a family is beyond compression.

I've learnt something. Thanks for sharing this.

1 Like

Re: Solomon Buchi Slams Tobi Bakre's Mother Over Marriage Advice by Elliot2(m): 5:08pm On May 04, 2019
tohyorsih2:

I've learnt something. Thanks for sharing this.
OK,wlc.
Disclaimer: please don't always be the one understanding the other person o. Bible said love ur neighbour as thy yourself. Love ur self first o.
Re: Solomon Buchi Slams Tobi Bakre's Mother Over Marriage Advice by Nobody: 8:13pm On May 04, 2019
Elliot2:
OK,wlc.
Disclaimer: please don't always be the one understanding the other person o. Bible said love ur neighbour as thy yourself. Love ur self first o.

I understannd. Thank you
Re: Solomon Buchi Slams Tobi Bakre's Mother Over Marriage Advice by Mryacks: 11:58am On May 06, 2019
Valid points he made...

newsynews:

Tobi Bakre's mother has been slammed by a life coach, Solomon Buchi, over comments she made while giving marriage advice to couples.

In the video below, Tobi Bakre's mother could heard saying women should not bother about their husband's whereabouts. According to her, doing such will only give them more problems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDeXvzTNtv0

In reaction, Solomon Buchi wrote:

https://lailasnews.com/solomon-buchi-slams-tobi-bakres-mother/

Cc lalasticlala

(1) (2) (Reply)

PWAN STARS Signs Deyemi Okanlawon As Ambassador (Pictures) / Nkiru Sylvanus And Kenneth Okolie Released / Wizkid To Return To EME

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.