Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,428 members, 7,861,193 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 06:32 AM

Court Stops FG From Taking Control Of Lagos Airport - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Stops FG From Taking Control Of Lagos Airport (14301 Views)

Igboho: Afenifere Reacts As Court Stops FG From Arresting Agitator / Supreme Court Stops FG From Ceding 17 Oil Wells To Imo / Court Stops FG From Trying Walter Onnoghen, CJN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Stops FG From Taking Control Of Lagos Airport by semyman: 7:50am On May 04, 2019
Journalism these days
Re: Court Stops FG From Taking Control Of Lagos Airport by yinchar(m): 7:52am On May 04, 2019
larry90500:
Nigeria Government which way!

You concession the place for a Private Investor, now they have Improved that Airport to an International standard, then they show up again trying to breach contract terms.

If Govt. Wins the case again, give that airport 2 years, corruption go don destroy everywhere totally again, to a state worse than a Local Airport.

Do you know what you talking about?

Which private investor - Bi-Courtney has improved the airport to international standard?
Re: Court Stops FG From Taking Control Of Lagos Airport by matify83: 7:53am On May 04, 2019
Femeto:
It was the useless and wasteful PDP government that signed that agreement. The present government is trying to correct the wrong thing they did.

Government is a Continuum.

If the deal was badly conceptualized , why not re-negotiate out of court giving concessions where possible.

This whole drama will scare off FDI.

2 Likes

Re: Court Stops FG From Taking Control Of Lagos Airport by larry90500(m): 7:58am On May 04, 2019
Please, enlighten me more.
yinchar:

Which private investor - Bi-Courtney has improved the airport to international standard?
Re: Court Stops FG From Taking Control Of Lagos Airport by mfm04622: 8:03am On May 04, 2019
matify83:
Why renege on an agreement already signed and sealed?

FG should keep to terms and conditions and stop portraying us as people who can't follow -through on business deals.

"Agreement is agreement "

You really do not understand the basis of the issue!

There are two documents (agreements). FG is presenting an agreement taht showed the lease is for 12 years while Babalakin is showing an agreement that is for 35 years. So which one is agreement is agreement?

1 Like

Re: Court Stops FG From Taking Control Of Lagos Airport by olisaEze(m): 8:03am On May 04, 2019
Still don’t understand what I just read. Journalism is not for everyone. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Court Stops FG From Taking Control Of Lagos Airport by yinchar(m): 8:44am On May 04, 2019
matify83:

Government is a Continuum.

If the deal was badly conceptualized , why not re-negotiate out of court giving concessions where possible.

This whole drama will scare off FDI.

F.uck FDI!

How can you be happy am important edifice - a gateway to the nation was mortgaged to incompetent cronies of the government for 36 years.

It’s a different thing if he’s capable of doing the job or have been doing the job. That’s a different ball game.

Anytime am traveling and I passed through that section to MMA you can’t but just feel sorry and sad for this nation. The building are rotting away because some people at the corridors of power blindly signed a concession to their friend at the expense of this nation.

He delayed delivering of the project for 12 years now, which has elapsed. To make it worse he’s now claiming it was for 36 years, despite doing nothing for 12 years.

Posterity will not forgive Femi Fani Kayode and Obasanjo for it. Wale Babalakin’s father was a crony of Obasanjo and Fani Kayode’s father.

That’s the basis of approving the concession to him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Stops FG From Taking Control Of Lagos Airport by yinchar(m): 8:50am On May 04, 2019
larry90500:
Please, enlighten me more.

See my post above.

There are several articles online if you need to gain more insight.
Re: Court Stops FG From Taking Control Of Lagos Airport by Quorax: 8:57am On May 04, 2019
yinchar:
This is the mess Femi Fani Kayode and Obasanjo put us in by granting a 36 Years lease to Babalajo’s all because of greed and padi padi.

The world knows Bi-Courtney doesn’t have the capability to manage a colossal project like that, the era of free money like that from banks and PDP days are gone. Wale Babalakin is just holding on to the last straw and frustrating the government.

Yet some people are commenting good judgement, must you hate the present administration to the extent of applauding a judgement against the development and progress of the nation.

This is sad!

Which development and progress of nation are you talking about when they hadn't even done much in employment and security? Most of you will reap what you sow.

I just read that one of Buharis supporter was affected by the hotels raid in Abuja because he owns hotels there.

Meanwhile someone cautioned him about supporting Buhari but because he was not yet affected he didn't feel concerned.

One by one all of you that support this calamity will be affected.

15000 job loss is gathering momentum already.

Just wait, it will even get to you cos as it is now, nobody is sure who will be the next victim but I assure everybody will go down with Buhari.

The north wanted to spite GEJ, they use security and media to chase him out. Today, they being sluttered in their numbers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Stops FG From Taking Control Of Lagos Airport by Chukwurah003: 9:11am On May 04, 2019
Auxtin85:
If “Federal Government” means it will be connected to Buhari we don’t want oo, anything he touches goes bad.

Speak for yourself
Re: Court Stops FG From Taking Control Of Lagos Airport by yinchar(m): 9:36am On May 04, 2019
Quorax:

Which development and progress of nation are you talking about when they hadn't even done much in employment and security? Most of you will reap what you sow.

I just read that one of Buharis supporter was affected by the hotels raid in Abuja because he owns hotels there.

Meanwhile someone cautioned him about supporting Buhari but because he was not yet affected he didn't feel concerned.

One by one all of you that support this calamity will be affected.

15000 job loss is gathering momentum already.

Just wait, it will even get to you cos as it is now, nobody is sure who will be the next victim but I assure everybody will go down with Buhari.

The north wanted to spite GEJ, they use security and media to chase him out. Today, they being sluttered in their numbers.

I don’t normally respond to Z-class rant like one of my sister recently said.

What concerns Buhari and history of GEJ with the issue at hand?

We discussing about Babalakins 36 years concession you saying irrelevancies.

If you don’t have any meaningful to contribute, Keep off my mention, I despite bigots and nitwits.
Re: Court Stops FG From Taking Control Of Lagos Airport by SarkinYarki: 9:41am On May 04, 2019
yinchar:
This is the mess Femi Fani Kayode and Obasanjo put us in by granting a 36 Years lease to Babalajo’s all because of greed and padi padi.

The world knows Bi-Courtney doesn’t have the capability to manage a colossal project like that, the era of free money like that from banks and PDP days are gone. Wale Babalakin is just holding on to the last straw and frustrating the government.

Yet some people are commenting good judgement, must you hate the present administration to the extent of applauding a judgement against the development and progress of the nation.

This is sad!

You dont have sense !!! is it you that provided the money Bicourtney used to build and developed that terminal from scratch ? Are you the one that helped them market the terminal to airlines ? what has stopped you and your useless FG from fixing MM1 and luring all the airlines there once more ..Bicourtney took a huge risk to developed that terminal and market it , are you aware that the stood the risk of airlines refusing to adopt it and lose all their investment ? you Buharist are just so wicked , jealous and backwards in all your thoughts

1 Like

Re: Court Stops FG From Taking Control Of Lagos Airport by SarkinYarki: 9:47am On May 04, 2019
yinchar:

F.uck FDI!

How can you be happy am important edifice - a gateway to the nation was mortgaged to incompetent cronies of the government for 36 years.

It’s a different thing if he’s capable of doing the job or have been doing the job. That’s a different ball game.

Anytime am traveling and I passed through that section to MMA you can’t but just feel sorry and sad for this nation. The building are rotting away because some people at the corridors of power blindly signed a concession to their friend at the expense of this nation.

He delayed delivering of the project for 12 years now, which has elapsed. To make it worse he’s now claiming it was for 36 years, despite doing nothing for 12 years.

Posterity will not forgive Femi Fani Kayode and Obasanjo for it. Wale Babalakin’s father was a crony of Obasanjo and Fani Kayode’s father.

That’s the basis of approving the concession to him.

You say important edifice like it's your father's money that built it!!! was anybody using that place before No Courtney turned it to what it is ? I am sure you just started going to airports if not you will know we all used MM1 till Bi Courtney built MM2 with loans it took and the Aero moved the first with other airline saying away till the began to see we passenger preferred to fly from MM2 instead of MM1 because it was a better experience and that only Aero was cashing out on it then.. You are just a tokunboh corrola driving bitter Buharist who wants jealous of others to kill you .. Go and fix MM 1 and take the traffic from Bicortneys mm2

1 Like

Re: Court Stops FG From Taking Control Of Lagos Airport by SarkinYarki: 9:48am On May 04, 2019
yinchar:

It's not up to 4 years you started going to any airport in Nigeria I can tell
Re: Court Stops FG From Taking Control Of Lagos Airport by MT: 10:16am On May 04, 2019
larry90500:
Nigeria Government which way!

You concession the place for a Private Investor, now they have Improved that Airport to an International standard, then they show up again trying to breach contract terms.

If Govt. Wins the case again, give that airport 2 years, corruption go don destroy everywhere totally again, to a state worse than a Local Airport.

Which international airport did they upgrade to international standard?.
Re: Court Stops FG From Taking Control Of Lagos Airport by careidon: 10:27am On May 04, 2019
Let's stop personal attacks.
Facts are
1. MM2 is better managed.
2. The guys exacted an agreement that puts the country at a disadvantage from our dull thinking leaders (still doing same with Chinese now)
3. Those guys truly struggled to raise funds because of their credibility issues (agreements terms & personal)
4. These are the elite crooks shouting that government has no biz in biz, whereas they can only thrive on government created monopolies not real open competition.

1 Like

Re: Court Stops FG From Taking Control Of Lagos Airport by Olorunnim: 10:34am On May 04, 2019
yinchar:

This is sad!
Seriously that babalakin is incapable of managing that place

1 Like

Re: Court Stops FG From Taking Control Of Lagos Airport by careidon: 10:35am On May 04, 2019
So, going forward what should a new government do?
Allow the padi padi deals slide (under agreement is agreement?) Review and adjust ?
Or simply allow anyone build his/her own sef.
Keep in mind how the same government involved handled bakassi
Re: Court Stops FG From Taking Control Of Lagos Airport by careidon: 10:35am On May 04, 2019
Re: Court Stops FG From Taking Control Of Lagos Airport by Auxtin85(m): 10:42am On May 04, 2019
Chukwurah003:

Speak for yourself

Wasn’t speaking for your family either
Re: Court Stops FG From Taking Control Of Lagos Airport by xcuggsm(m): 11:03am On May 04, 2019
matify83:

FG should keep to terms and conditions and stop portraying us as people who can't follow -through on business deals.

The Lord giveth, the Lord has taken away. Praised be the name of the Lord cheesy
Re: Court Stops FG From Taking Control Of Lagos Airport by yinchar(m): 11:14am On May 04, 2019
SarkinYarki:

It's not up to 4 years you started going to any airport in Nigeria I can tell

Swerve....coming from someone that just have access to Intenet in 2017, a decade after have been on Nairaland!

I don't have your time.
Re: Court Stops FG From Taking Control Of Lagos Airport by Nobody: 11:40am On May 04, 2019
I don't know why Nigeria has always had fraudulent attorneys-general.
Sahara Reporters carried this story with screaming headlines then exposing the connivance of Andoaka with Babalakin.

God is watching.
Re: Court Stops FG From Taking Control Of Lagos Airport by Quorax: 11:58am On May 04, 2019
yinchar:

I don’t normally respond to Z-class rant like one of my sister recently said.

What concerns Buhari and history of GEJ with the issue at hand?

We discussing about Babalakins 36 years concession you saying irrelevancies.

If you don’t have any meaningful to contribute, Keep off my mention, I despite bigots and nitwits.

Bros, in Benin, there is an estate along Sapele Road at Etete, that estate was concession too and the new owners took over after the agreed time elapsed.

My concern is not that of 36 years but your claims about progress of nation and I am only pointing out to you to show me progress Buhari has recorded so far that you are beating your chest for?

So it's airport that will now be different? They are just looking for more places to steal.
Re: Court Stops FG From Taking Control Of Lagos Airport by Nobody: 12:51pm On May 04, 2019
Babalakin is a very bad man. Always cutting shady deals with his friends in govt at the expense of the Nigerian public.
Re: Court Stops FG From Taking Control Of Lagos Airport by Originalsly: 1:16pm On May 04, 2019
matify83:

Reading and trying to understand these bloggers is a big headache. What is airplane terminal?... the hangar?...where planes are kept? And what is residential terminal?.... does he mean passenger terminal?...or is there a residential section of the airport? Help.

Not sure... but I understand that they signed a 36 year contract in 2003. That has not expired. But a contract has conditions. The FG claims they did not pay whatever they had to for 12 years. That is a breach of contract giving the FG the right to terminate the contract. Why weren't they upholding their side of the contract? Agreement is agreement. They need to be kicked out.
Re: Court Stops FG From Taking Control Of Lagos Airport by Chukwurah003: 1:18pm On May 04, 2019
Auxtin85:

Wasn’t speaking for your family either

Obviously

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lai Mohammed: We Celebrated Christmas, New Year Without 'Rain Of Bombs' / Ondo Farmers Jobless, Hungry After Herders Fed Their Crops To Cattle / Appeal Court Reserves Judgement On Lagos Governorship Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.