Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,248 members, 7,846,161 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 11:25 AM

Why Some Women Become Bitter After A Failed Marriage - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Some Women Become Bitter After A Failed Marriage (4458 Views)

Why Do Kids Become Bitter Towards Separated Parents? / Why Do Some Women Get Pregnant After Family Planning? / Why Do Some Women Become Wicked In Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Some Women Become Bitter After A Failed Marriage by eyinjuege: 4:36pm On May 08, 2019
crackhaus:

Lol @MANY people here have half siblings from their mothers.
I think you meant to say 'from their fathers', but whatever makes you sleep better at night mehn... cheesy

Whatever makes you sleep better at night too, is absolutely fine with me.

1 Like

Re: Why Some Women Become Bitter After A Failed Marriage by muyico(m): 11:15am On Sep 25, 2021
Female were created with fragile heart.alwy love and trust blindly.ladies alwy blived and words dey hears from a man.i mean to d extend
Re: Why Some Women Become Bitter After A Failed Marriage by Janosky: 11:54am On Sep 25, 2021
erifeoluwasimi:
My title says it all but I still need your contribution. Looking at the recent celebrity story about a failed marriage I have decided to take a thought about failed marriages.
Before we go further I am a woman and have been Married for 7 years. I think I know little about marriage.
Firstly, speaking as an experienced person in marriage counseling (I head a big school where 30 Percent of my parents are either divorced or separated) each time I have issues with a child (moral or academic default) I invite the parent mostly mom. At the end of the day we find ourselves discussing the father. Blames upon blames on how irresponsible the father is or how the child is taking after the father. I end up asking the mom if she knows she couldn't raise the kids without the father why did she divorce him
Note: most times it's the woman that was at fault i.e.lack of patience
I have a friend too who is separated from the husband to the extent that she has refused to tell the man she put to bed till date. When she was about to put to bed she called that I follow her but I told her I couldn't because it wasn't my duty. Then she started ranting about how the man has been useless and all that. I later volunteer my sister. After the birth it was a normal birth I called my sister to come home. She said she wanted to bury the placenta that there was no one to do it. Then I asked her to return it and tell the lady to call her husband who lives just 50# can from the hospital. In summary she didn't take the placenta from the hospital. She asked a nurse to bury it and didn't bother to know if she did or not. Then I told her it was dangerous. She went back to her to her usual story of 'he is not a serious man'
Just to make peace reign I called the man to find out only to find out that my friend was a cheat, the man found out and she opted for divorce. He is not ready for it but my friend asked him to leave ( they lived in a rented apartment)
Same as been the story of most of my divorce parents, they cheated.
When the marriage failed they find it hard to forgive themselves and they resort to ranting.
Women who weren't cheating or weren't at fault are usually calm after the divorce because they know they did their best.
To avoid becoming a sadist.....be transparent in marriage
My opinion tho .....( Don't mind my typo and writing)
Cheers

The stress of caring for a household all alone without any form of emotional/financial or spiritual support is telling on them, my opinion though.
It's not easy for a married couple nowadays (when 24 hours seems too short) let alone for a single (or divorced) parent.
The harsh reality of the grass not so green on the other side (outside the marriage arena),is dawning on them.

The societal expectations comes in to play because a successful woman is perceived as a happily married woman with a man she calls her own.
Those divorced women feel they have failed themselves (in living up to societal expectations).
No matter how financially secure they might be, there is this nagging feeling that they are not "complete".
Remember Yvonne Chaka Chaka song "Every woman needs a man."
It seems that sums it up.

1 Like

Re: Why Some Women Become Bitter After A Failed Marriage by Graxie(f): 12:28pm On Sep 25, 2021
One woman on nairaland do pass you op, she kept ridiculing women to get kudos from nairaland boys. Not until her atheist partner not even husband chased her and her baby to sleep inside uncompleted building. We are here.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Newlywed Husband Living In Wife's Parents' House / My Husband Is Committing Bigamy! / How Do I Make People Stop Addressing Me This Way?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.