Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,665 members, 7,823,883 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:18 PM

JAMB Begins Biometric Verification Of Candidates - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / JAMB Begins Biometric Verification Of Candidates (16739 Views)

JAMB Begins 2022 UTME, DE Registration On February 12 (Photo) / JAMB Begins Emailing Mock Exam Slips For 2018 UTME / UNILAG Reveals The Names Of Candidates That Upgraded Their Post-UTME Results (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: JAMB Begins Biometric Verification Of Candidates by adebayo111: 7:50am On May 06, 2019
dubiouspmb:
incompetence
u dont know him, hence ur post

1 Like 1 Share

Re: JAMB Begins Biometric Verification Of Candidates by adebayo111: 7:52am On May 06, 2019
Israellionel:

I Truly Hope So Bro.
Nigerians Are Complaining About Corruption And This Man Is Trying To Eradicate It In The Educational Sector And People Are Complaining
What Do Nigerians Want
we can never be satisfied

1 Like

Re: JAMB Begins Biometric Verification Of Candidates by Excuzeme: 7:56am On May 06, 2019
LibertyRep:
Damn! JAMB should first apologize to the candidates for its inability to release the result last week as promised.

The credibility of the result is getting eroded each day by the delay.

My sympathy with the candidates and their parents. The wait could be torturing.

One week wait wont kill any Jamb candidate afterall, the Universities wont resume until October or November.
It is better to have a Process that rewards hard-working students than one that rewards fraudsters.

But l am amazed at the zeal with which this Jamb Director does his work, his tenacity to ensure that the Process is devoid of FRAUD and the honesty with which he remits income to the federation Account.
Abeg, he should check every thumb print and picture.

We need more of people like Prof Oloyede (he reminds me of that fine amazon of a woman, Prof Dora Akinyilu of blessed memories), and Prof. (Mrs) Adeyeye of NAFDAC, e.t.c to sanitise our system. To many criminals in Public Service.

2 Likes

Re: JAMB Begins Biometric Verification Of Candidates by erons22(m): 7:57am On May 06, 2019
Jamb student should wait till month ending before they can see their results smiley
Re: JAMB Begins Biometric Verification Of Candidates by dheaven: 7:57am On May 06, 2019
Why were all these process not spelt out to candidates before exams so people will not worry.?

2 Likes

Re: JAMB Begins Biometric Verification Of Candidates by akintunde63: 8:02am On May 06, 2019
qanda:

My brother scored 350, JAMB shd not release something contrary o! I've seen it on JAMB server, and we're willing to invite IBM, Google and Microsoft to testify wink
Re: JAMB Begins Biometric Verification Of Candidates by DGreat72(m): 8:03am On May 06, 2019
[quote author=thereturnoflucy post=78142109]JAMB has begun the biometric verification of the candidates who sat for this year’s UTME, according to The Nation.

According to the report, the exercise embarked upon by the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) was responsible for the delay in releasing the UTME results conducted from April 11 to April 18.

The board is said to have already carried out biometric verification of candidates in 31 states.

JAMB Registrar, Prof. Is-haq Oloyede, confirmed this in an interview, yesterday in Abuja. According to him, the board was cross-checking everything pertaining to the conduct of the examination, including fingerprints of candidates. He said:

“We are cross-checking everything, including fingers. If you know that you have about 1.8 candidates multiplied by ten that is the finger we are talking about.

“If you are very close to National Identity Card Management Commission (NIMC­), ask them what it takes to analyse finger prints in terms of period.

“We are combining 1.8 million ten fingers with one another to be sure that we identify people who combine fingers and so on. That is where we are now.

“We have done all other and now we have about six states to go. As I speak with you I am at a retreat with those who are doing it. We have about six states to go. We have done 31 states and six states are still not completed now.”

jamb and Inec are the major problems we have in this country.

1 Like

Re: JAMB Begins Biometric Verification Of Candidates by otokx(m): 8:08am On May 06, 2019
Is this not the same man that announced moon sighting?
Re: JAMB Begins Biometric Verification Of Candidates by Nobody: 8:12am On May 06, 2019
Inconclusive like INEC grin

1 Like

Re: JAMB Begins Biometric Verification Of Candidates by Johnnwokolo: 8:14am On May 06, 2019
GOD bless Prof. Oloyede, if we can at least sanitise a section, then WAEC would know that they have failed for so long.
If we can sanitize JAMB, then, only qualified candidates will gain admission into universities.
Re: JAMB Begins Biometric Verification Of Candidates by Nobody: 8:19am On May 06, 2019
Shut da fuuuckk up if you are not releasing results

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: JAMB Begins Biometric Verification Of Candidates by Nobody: 8:23am On May 06, 2019
In as much as I’m not happy with the delayed results. I like what this man is doing too
Re: JAMB Begins Biometric Verification Of Candidates by Yaks02(m): 8:42am On May 06, 2019
thereturnoflucy:
JAMB has begun the biometric verification of the candidates who sat for this year’s UTME, according to The Nation.

According to the report, the exercise embarked upon by the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) was responsible for the delay in releasing the UTME results conducted from April 11 to April 18.

The board is said to have already carried out biometric verification of candidates in 31 states.

JAMB Registrar, Prof. Is-haq Oloyede, confirmed this in an interview, yesterday in Abuja. According to him, the board was cross-checking everything pertaining to the conduct of the examination, including fingerprints of candidates. He said:

“We are cross-checking everything, including fingers. If you know that you have about 1.8 candidates multiplied by ten that is the finger we are talking about.

“If you are very close to National Identity Card Management Commission (NIMC­), ask them what it takes to analyse finger prints in terms of period.

“We are combining 1.8 million ten fingers with one another to be sure that we identify people who combine fingers and so on. That is where we are now.

“We have done all other and now we have about six states to go. As I speak with you I am at a retreat with those who are doing it. We have about six states to go. We have done 31 states and six states are still not completed now.”

https://thenationonlineng.net/utme-results-jamb-begins-biometric-verification-of-1-8m-candidates-in-36-states-fct/amp/
Na thunder go fire JAMB
Re: JAMB Begins Biometric Verification Of Candidates by tkaofee: 9:04am On May 06, 2019
Election inconclusive,jamb too inconclusive. This country is on spell
Re: JAMB Begins Biometric Verification Of Candidates by NEIGHBOUR(m): 9:18am On May 06, 2019
" ... in a retreat with those handling the verification" We are through with 30 states. Just confused Prof. Inec virus has infected Jamb. Ashamed of a nation. Very pathetic. No govt on ground.
Re: JAMB Begins Biometric Verification Of Candidates by daddyfreeman1(m): 10:08am On May 06, 2019
LETTER TO JAMB!

Respected Sir,

With due reverence, and on behalf of the UTME candidates it was stated that we're yet to receive/find results of our just concluded UTME result (s) Many of us have checked thoroughly but our results are neither online nor offline. We all did appear in the examination and we're very positive about our result (s) 

The yet to be released result (s) is causing immersive difficulties as we cannot proceed to other reasonable thing without it. Hence, it is humbly requested that our result are provided so that we can continue with other things.

JAMB last week through one of the JAMB officials, said that results would be released last week Friday, but now here is a new week. Telling us that they are fishing out the politicians that cheated during exam since 2009. What has the politicians that took examination since 2009 got to do with 2019 results?

We heard that server crash and you debunk the rumor, okay since you debunked the rumor, what happened to our result?

It's almost one month we took this UTME examination and we're yet to receive our results.

Even during paper and pencil, result has not stayed this long, this is CBT that suppose to be immediately you click submit, within the next 24hrs you see your result, now what is happening?

You're hurting us by keeping our results and keeping us in a suspense.

Please release our results.

I shall be thankful to you for this favour.

Yours obediently,
OBIALOR JOSHUA CHIDERA

Facebook handle @Obialor Freeman...

1 Like

Re: JAMB Begins Biometric Verification Of Candidates by Virus99: 10:17am On May 06, 2019

Re: JAMB Begins Biometric Verification Of Candidates by emmanuelpopson(m): 10:19am On May 06, 2019
the virus that caused our elections inconclusive has resurfaced again. the porous server that this agencies used is quite a shame that we can't handle anything online in Nigeria. I can imagine if these agencies are hacked by foreign dark web operatives.. it's gonna be so disastrous.. imagine hacking the NCAA, SEC, CBN.. this should be a lesson and we should be proactive to make this not a reality...
Re: JAMB Begins Biometric Verification Of Candidates by emmypsv(m): 10:27am On May 06, 2019
Abeg na presidential vote
Dis pple hav mak big mistake wit our results and nw day giving us stupid excuses.diz country jst day vex me
Re: JAMB Begins Biometric Verification Of Candidates by Cadec007(m): 11:25am On May 06, 2019
I hope with this delay, they would just jejely scrape pUTME cos that one is another case on its own...
Re: JAMB Begins Biometric Verification Of Candidates by cyberguy72(m): 11:51am On May 06, 2019
Cadec007:
I hope with this delay, they would just jejely scrape pUTME cos that one is another case on its own...
Jamb has successfully discredited the years Jamb results.Post Ume exams would be more difficult this time around.
Re: JAMB Begins Biometric Verification Of Candidates by bizhop01: 11:51am On May 06, 2019
100% INCOMPETENT
Re: JAMB Begins Biometric Verification Of Candidates by Favy1235(f): 1:04pm On May 06, 2019
Nonsense every week one excuse or the other.they shuld release that result or are they not tired of holding it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Project Topics And The Materials For Student(well Reearched) / Top 10 Toughest Courses To Study In The University / ASUU Strike: UNIPORT Announces Resumption, Marathon Exams

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.