Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,150 members, 7,821,924 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:51 PM

He Want To Be My Driver - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / He Want To Be My Driver (4369 Views)

He's Not Cheating... But Does He Want To? / He Want Me To Join Him In The State Without Our Kid!! / He Just Can't Get His Jt Up When He Want To Sleep With His Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

He Want To Be My Driver by victorazy(m): 9:03am On Sep 21, 2010
I was supprised when my father told me that he want to be my personal driver.
I have this old man about 62 years. He likes driving because he just retired from a construction company as a driver but refused to be idle.
He told me that he want to be my personal driver which I've agreed and ready to pay him 80k a month. Am now asking, is it apt for my dad to be my driver?
Re: He Want To Be My Driver by Nobody: 9:11am On Sep 21, 2010
If that's his wish, then it's appropriate. Have you considered it's because he wants to remain close to you, his son?

This post should be in the Family section though, as there's nothing romantic about this thread at all. It'll also get more responses in the correct section, you may want to contact a Moderator to move it.
Re: He Want To Be My Driver by victorazy(m): 9:14am On Sep 21, 2010
Siena:

If that's his wish, then it's appropriate. Have you considered it's because he wants to remain close to you, his son?

This post should be in the Family section though, as there's nothing romantic about this thread at all. It'll also get more responses in the correct section, you may want to contact a Moderator to move it.

Thanks the sage one for ur meekness.
I dont know how to contact the moderator to do that.
Re: He Want To Be My Driver by ice234: 9:35am On Sep 21, 2010
very funny. grant him his wish. but next time this shd not be in romance
Re: He Want To Be My Driver by spawnx: 3:22pm On Sep 21, 2010
are u outta your freaking mind. maybe u aint Nigerian
Re: He Want To Be My Driver by 1102(m): 3:29pm On Sep 21, 2010
very soon the man would have difficulty in seeing and you know the end results,

keep helping, !

why not just give him the 80K and let him sit down in his house doing nothing

thats how BIG BOYS like myself do~
Re: He Want To Be My Driver by Nobody: 10:46pm On Sep 21, 2010
Until now i thought drivers were warning less than 45k or there about. Why dont all those so called job seekers apply to be drivers abi shey na their pride no wan let them?

Don't allow your dad to be you driver. people will eventually term you a bad child if they see you sit while your dad handles the steering. Moreover that old man( your dad) will monitor your every move.
Re: He Want To Be My Driver by creampy(f): 11:55pm On Sep 21, 2010
victorazy:

I have this old man about 62 years. He likes driving because he just retired from a construction company as a driver but refused to be idle.
He told me that he want to be my personal driver which I've agreed and ready to pay him 80k a month. Am now asking, is it apt for my dad to be my driver?

screw driver?
Re: He Want To Be My Driver by ice234: 12:02am On Sep 22, 2010
make him ur gate man instead, lol
Re: He Want To Be My Driver by kawazaki(m): 1:52pm On Sep 22, 2010
victorazy:

I am sure he is restless man. It is very important to keep such people busy.

He actually does not need your money, he just want to be active; such people[i] will Fall sick or DIE[/i] if they are idle.
Re: He Want To Be My Driver by Nobody: 5:44pm On Sep 22, 2010
kawazaki:

I am sure he is restless man. It is very important to keep such people busy.
He actually does not need your money, he just want to be active; such people[i] will Fall sick or DIE[/i] if they are idle.

That's very true. That's what I think, besides, he may want to feel closer to his son.

ice234:

make him your gate man instead, lol

Not very funny, or clever. Your response was uncalled for.
Re: He Want To Be My Driver by Tolulop001(f): 8:01pm On Sep 22, 2010
just doesnt seem appropriate undecided
Re: He Want To Be My Driver by ice234: 10:00pm On Sep 22, 2010
Siena:

That's very true. That's what I think, besides, he may want to feel closer to his son.

Not very funny, or clever. Your response was uncalled for.
shut up fast
Re: He Want To Be My Driver by luap: 11:14pm On Sep 22, 2010
I think it is cool, do some familyl bonding. Wish my Dad and I could work together. I'd listen to him and take his advice.
Re: He Want To Be My Driver by Nobody: 8:52am On Sep 23, 2010
ice234:

shut up fast

Your very attitude shows the state of your reasoning, or rather, lack of. People of your ilk find it near impossible, to debate without resorting to verbal abuse.
Re: He Want To Be My Driver by Adolak(m): 9:13am On Sep 23, 2010
Buy him a car, full his tank everyday. And let him drive all over your area alone.
Re: He Want To Be My Driver by Nobody: 10:03am On Sep 23, 2010
Adolak:

Buy him a car, full his tank everyday. And let him drive all over your area alone.

Lol! Possible, but I feel the OP's father needs to establish two things: Be close to his son, and also feel he's earning a crust. He sounds like a pretty independent sort, that want's to earn money, however little, rather than accept larger amounts in charity.
Re: He Want To Be My Driver by Omolola1(f): 10:07am On Sep 23, 2010
OP, Pls dont subject your father to such ridicule, give him the money, buy him a car and make him comfortable~
Re: He Want To Be My Driver by Nobody: 10:51am On Sep 23, 2010
Omolola1:

OP, Pls dont subject your father to such ridicule, give him the money, buy him a car and make him comfortable~

I don't think you're reading - or you're reading, but not taking in what you've read.

In this case, it's not about money, or a car to drive. Not everyone's driven by the need for money. It's more about the OP's father's pride and independence. He's 62 years old, has just retired, and likes driving. You need to read between the lines, and notice the father wants to retain his independence. He'd probably prefer to work for £340 per month, as opposed to his son handing him £1,000 monthly, whilst he just remains at home, and feels he's not earned the money.

I quite like his father, I think he's ruled by a fierce pride and independence.
Re: He Want To Be My Driver by giwa4giwa(m): 11:22am On Sep 23, 2010
all i can tell u is that he's your father and dont even think of apt him as your personal driver, and if he feel like he doesnt want to be idle or wathever, what u can do is that u can easily buy him a small car that he can be using for transport as in taxi (drop). that his better.
Re: He Want To Be My Driver by netotse(m): 11:26am On Sep 23, 2010
i agree with siena on this, if OP feels he can stand it, he should go for it!. . .
Re: He Want To Be My Driver by denzel2009: 11:31am On Sep 23, 2010
You can get him busy in other ways than allowing him to be your driver. If you do, you are bound to forfeit your private life. . .your friends wont be free with you anymore and you cant tell your dad you need to quickly check out one girl or he should sit in the car while you are doing fine boy in Tantalizers.

just my 2 kobo.
Re: He Want To Be My Driver by Nobody: 12:20pm On Sep 23, 2010
denzel2009:

You can get him busy in other ways than allowing him to be your driver. If you do, you are bound to forfeit your private life. . .your friends wont be free with you anymore and you cant tell your dad you need to quickly check out one girl or he should sit in the car while you are doing fine boy in Tantalizers.

just my 2 kobo.

grin grin grin grin grin I tell ya ,your babe will never find boredom with u
Re: He Want To Be My Driver by ice234: 12:29pm On Sep 23, 2010
Siena:

Your very attitude shows the state of your reasoning, or rather, lack of. People of your ilk find it near impossible, to debate without resorting to verbal abuse.
thank u sir
Re: He Want To Be My Driver by denzel2009: 1:19pm On Sep 23, 2010
jennykadry:

grin grin grin grin grin I tell ya ,your babe will never find boredom with u

How did you know? even the exes' sometimes run back from their partners. cheesy cheesy

What about our deal?
Re: He Want To Be My Driver by Nobody: 1:38pm On Sep 23, 2010
^^Deal? Intel OAM4J has it that you've got eyes on spikey. angry I don't share. angry angry angry BTW it is not as if spikey is even finer than me sef. angry
Re: He Want To Be My Driver by denzel2009: 2:14pm On Sep 23, 2010
jennykadry:

^^Deal? Intel OAM4J has it that you've got eyes on spikey. angry I don't share. angry angry angry BTW it is not as if spikey is even finer than me sef. angry
Thats a very bad intel cos after you is road block.
Re: He Want To Be My Driver by OAM4J: 4:39pm On Sep 23, 2010
^^^here comes the 24th baby-father. abeg make una leave OAM4J and my Spikey out of una convo. grin

@OP

You dont have a driver, you have a father who wants to be around you and pls dont refer to him as one. Keep him busy, let him drive you around as much as possible.

And when you are not using the car, let him drive it around; anywhere he wants to go. But if you have to go to a place he cannot enter with you, drive yourself.
Re: He Want To Be My Driver by Purplediamond(f): 5:48pm On Sep 23, 2010
Inasmuch as its not a bad idea, i see u loosing your privacy wit time. U wldnt want your dad everywhere wit u wld u? There may be things u'd want to do urself and places u'd want to go witout him. U're an adult not a primary school kid. Its better u dont begin wat u wldnt want to continue wit after a while.
Re: He Want To Be My Driver by Nobody: 6:14pm On Sep 23, 2010
depends on the kind f life you're living.

drivers are privy to their ogas escapades, dodgy business deals, etc

there's also the issue of erm you can't rake for your old man if he pulls boner moves in traffic

it will also be very sticky if you have business associates/colleagues etc

better if you can hook him up with someone, IMHO
Re: He Want To Be My Driver by kokoye(m): 6:29pm On Sep 23, 2010
Naa, not right. Give him some money to go start a business.
Re: He Want To Be My Driver by netotse(m): 12:16am On Sep 24, 2010
oyb:

depends on the kind f life you're living.

drivers are privy to their ogas escapades, dodgy business deals, etc

there's also the issue of erm you can't rake for your old man if he pulls boner moves in traffic

it will also be very sticky if you have business associates/colleagues etc

better if you can hook him up with someone, IMHO
what if the person disrespects him?

i agree with OAM4J(to an extent) and purple diamond, he should let his dad drive him, but if he has any paroles he should give the man the day off, all na eye-service now,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

This Particular Stuff is A Thorn On The Flesh Of Many People Nowadays / Looking To Furnish Your Family Home On A Budget ? See Items For Sale Here. / How Much Do You Spend On Food Stuffs/ Provisions/home Essentials Weekly/ Monthly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.