Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,111 members, 7,814,898 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:30 PM

Please Help With A Project Topic For English Literature - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Please Help With A Project Topic For English Literature (24578 Views)

Is English Literature Really The Best? / 17 Year Old Nigerian Starts A Project To Bring African Poets Together / Write On Any Topic For N200 Per Article (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help With A Project Topic For English Literature by vulevuze: 11:41am On Sep 21, 2010
I'm a university student majoring in English Literature who'll be graduating this 2010. I've been squeezing my brain all Holiday now in order to come up with anything suitable for a graduation project, but school is starting soon and I have absolutely nothing, Here's what I know: female characters in Plays,novels and short stories interest me ( like Tess of D'urbervilles,Lady Macbeth and i Find Kate Chopin's short stories interesting ), and topics that have anything to do with feminism are also things that I enjoy, I also like the themes of African Women Writers.

I'm on my knees people and Mods,please sticky this topic.Thanks in anticipation y'all
Re: Please Help With A Project Topic For English Literature by onibell: 4:52pm On Sep 21, 2010
how much can u pay?u can call me on 08054236876 my name is mr bello for any assistance
Re: Please Help With A Project Topic For English Literature by kaydee(m): 12:21pm On Sep 22, 2010
I'ma be right back
Re: Please Help With A Project Topic For English Literature by agboifo(f): 8:46pm On Sep 22, 2010
An idea:

Write about why you will not change your mother for another, even if you get the chance, despite any defects she may have.
Feel the story, then write it.
Re: Please Help With A Project Topic For English Literature by slap1(m): 9:33am On Sep 27, 2010
Write on the emergence of the child's point of view in Nigerian Literature. I reserved that topic for myself coz I'm also a student of English Literaure. Goodluck to you.
Re: Please Help With A Project Topic For English Literature by angelz(f): 1:14pm On Sep 27, 2010
Feminism: the theme that constanly dot our literature (esp.African Lit)
U can reframe the topic to suit ursef,supervisor,materials.
70% of Literature written by woman has feminism has its major theme.
Re: Please Help With A Project Topic For English Literature by vescucci(m): 4:36pm On Sep 27, 2010
^^True. I don't know what a literature 'project' is supposed to be like. Is it a thesis? A creative work? Or both?
Re: Please Help With A Project Topic For English Literature by vulevuze: 4:49pm On Sep 27, 2010
thanks y'all, i need more esp Slap1.

@ Vescucci

somtin like a dissertation,more like thesis.Please help if U can
Re: Please Help With A Project Topic For English Literature by vescucci(m): 8:19pm On Sep 27, 2010
I think I'm out of my league. Maybe you can do a study of the decline and resurgence of the Nigerian reading/writing culture. Think: Soyinka/Achebe/Rotimi etc - NOTHING - Adichie, Habila, Okri. Get it?
Re: Please Help With A Project Topic For English Literature by slap1(m): 5:43pm On Sep 29, 2010
^^That is also tight. @Op, you can also write on the Influence of The Western Style of Writing On Nigerian Literature.
Re: Please Help With A Project Topic For English Literature by kaynoJah(m): 2:39am On Sep 30, 2010
I recommend ' Position In History. A Woman's Perspective'.
OUTLINES:
Society.
Culture
Class
Race
Politics
Religion
Generational Shift/Change.

Good luck.
Re: Please Help With A Project Topic For English Literature by mildecho: 6:26pm On Sep 30, 2010
Iwould begin with Zora Neale Hurston (african american, late) and perhaps one of the deepest writers I have ever encountered. Notice I said writers not women writers - I think you should link Sojourner Truth and find a lineage that reachs Chimamanda Adichie. This lineage, From their Eyes were watching God (Zora Neale) to Purple Hibiscus or any work by Chimamanda is not only true - but bothers on the core of our (feminist) literature. My take may not be what you have in mind or your lecturers' for that matter, but you will I feel, embark on a remarkable literary journey if you take this trip.

(1) (Reply)

Four Things I Learnt From Boarding A Bus This Morning / Wole Soyinka Celebrates His 87th Birthday Today / 9-Year-Old Girl Who Published Book On Terrorism In Nigeria At DHQ (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.