Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,036 members, 7,825,263 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 10:18 AM

Salah And Firmino will Miss Liverpool’s Champions League 2nd Leg with Barcelona. - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Salah And Firmino will Miss Liverpool’s Champions League 2nd Leg with Barcelona. (14336 Views)

Football Fans React To Mane And Firmino's Kung Fu Kick Goal Celebration (Photos) / Pogba Agrees A Whopping £350k-a-week Deal With Barcelona / Mohamed Salah And Egypt Team-mates Arrive In Russia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Salah And Firmino will Miss Liverpool’s Champions League 2nd Leg with Barcelona. by IFEOLUWAKRIZ: 1:09pm On May 07, 2019
Those guys are running away from the match. That's just the honest explanation.

1 Like

Re: Salah And Firmino will Miss Liverpool’s Champions League 2nd Leg with Barcelona. by tomtos88(m): 1:10pm On May 07, 2019
ghost3040:
Shut it already!!! U shifting the goal post now??..Didn't u know they had Messi before ranting all over the place on how u are going to gengenpress and eliminate Barca?? ...Sore losers..take ur L in peace biko!!

Did u read wat i wrote? Do u understand it at all?
Re: Salah And Firmino will Miss Liverpool’s Champions League 2nd Leg with Barcelona. by sssoulw(m): 1:14pm On May 07, 2019
Salah dey or hin no dey no go change anything, na only for all those small match hin dey shine..
Even Ramos waste hin tym give Salah dat injury for UCL final 2018... cos if Salah dey, Madrid go still win liverpool
Re: Salah And Firmino will Miss Liverpool’s Champions League 2nd Leg with Barcelona. by seeone: 1:18pm On May 07, 2019
chibbyRJ:
@REJOICE9JA

Liverpool forwards Mohamed Salah and Roberto Firmino will miss Tuesday’s Champions League semi-final second leg with Barcelona through injury.

Salah left the pitch on a stretcher after an aerial collision with Newcastle keeper Martin Dubravka during Saturday’s 3-2 win.

Manager Jurgen Klopp says concussion will keep Salah out, as Liverpool look to overhaul a 3-0 deficit at Anfield.

Firmino missed the win over Newcastle with a muscle injury.

“Two of the world’s best strikers are not available tomorrow night and we have to score four goals,” said Klopp.

“It doesn’t make life easier but we will try for 90 minutes to celebrate the Champions League campaign to give it a proper finish.”

Defender Virgil van Dijk and midfielder Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain also both missed training on Monday.

Salah appeared to be in tears when he was carried from the pitch at St James’ Park but Klopp says the Egypt international now feels “OK”.

“It’s not good enough from a medical point of view,” Klopp added. “He is desperate to play but we cannot do it.

“It’s a concussion. That means he would not even be allowed to play.”

Klopp is confident Salah will be able to play in Liverpool’s final Premier League game of the season against Wolves at Anfield on Sunday, where the Reds could win the title for the first time since 1990.

Firmino was introduced as a substitute on 79 minutes in the away leg at Barcelona, shortly after Lionel Messi had extended the advantage to 2-0.

The Brazilian – who was left out of the win over Huddersfield prior to the Barca trip – then did not feature against Newcastle.

Firmino has 16 goals for the Reds this season, with Salah contributing 26.

Klopp also lost midfielder Naby Keita to injury against Newcastle, the club’s fourth game in 14 days.

“We have to make a lot of decisions. Tomorrow night is the third game in six days,” Klopp added.

“Barcelona changed 11 positions at the weekend. We will see what the outcome.

SOURCE:
https://rejoice9ja./2019/05/07/mohamed-salah-and-roberto-firmino-miss-liverpools-champions-league-tie-with-barcelona/

Its game over
Re: Salah And Firmino will Miss Liverpool’s Champions League 2nd Leg with Barcelona. by lenghtinny(m): 1:50pm On May 07, 2019
nepapole:

Bro to be honest, liverpool was a better side in the first leg. They only didnt have Messi. We all know barcelona is shitty without Messi.
I am a Man utd fan tho.
Abeg make we hear word....

Was it Messi that also stopped liverpool from getting a goal at camp nou?. Yes Messi did what he normally does but he rose up to the occasion towards the end of the game.

Do you expect Vidal to leave the midfield and be hustling for goals or Ter stegen should abandon his net to go nod a ball in Liverpool's net

Barcelona might not be formidable but they are not shitty without Messi....

It's only teams like man utd that's worthy of being called shitty angry
Re: Salah And Firmino will Miss Liverpool’s Champions League 2nd Leg with Barcelona. by lenghtinny(m): 1:55pm On May 07, 2019
tomtos88:
And some barca fans are ranting above me... Remind me the stats from first leg in camp nou, the only difference was Messi, remove Messi and see if u can even hold a beer for em
So it was Messi that also stopped you from getting a goal despite all your possession...

You loserpool fans should keep your rants to yourself, barca fans don't need it.
Re: Salah And Firmino will Miss Liverpool’s Champions League 2nd Leg with Barcelona. by caracas: 1:59pm On May 07, 2019
Pls can someone help me with an app where I can watch n stream live matches like the epl, champions league n the Europa. I use an I phone pls.
Re: Salah And Firmino will Miss Liverpool’s Champions League 2nd Leg with Barcelona. by lenghtinny(m): 2:07pm On May 07, 2019
nepapole:

Thats a mistake u are making. Only Stergen is helping now. Barcas defence has always been shitty. But because teams "fear" to attack or see less of the ball, people think their defence is ok. I dont even rate Pique, their perceived best defender.

So it was just ordinary fear that stopped liverpool ( a high scoring side) from getting just one goal....

A man utd fan trying to rate Pique lol... Ogbeni you can't give what you don't have.... You want to give all the accolades to Ter Stergen but you forgot that your own De gea ( a world class goalkeeper) has been turned into a basket because of your shitty defence.

If Ter Stergen can survive on his own without the defense, why can't De gea do the same thing for your club....

You think say na mouth dem dey use play football, you better go and hug your nepapole angry
Re: Salah And Firmino will Miss Liverpool’s Champions League 2nd Leg with Barcelona. by Wizywiz(m): 2:17pm On May 07, 2019
For all of u saying without messi in the first leg barca was nothing ....barca has luck I ask u all again is messi not a barca player like cr7 was a juve player bfor dey were booted out by ajax...is messi not being payed by barca to deliver same way as salah cr7 and d likes....u all should STFU...and stop ranting Liverpool will always be a new success syndrome club.

Re: Salah And Firmino will Miss Liverpool’s Champions League 2nd Leg with Barcelona. by lenghtinny(m): 2:19pm On May 07, 2019
nurez305:
As if been a better side shows in a record. They can play for 90 minute with 99 percent ball possession, that will not erased their name as a trophyless club this season. Madrid team was average last year and they won the champions league and no one care about their horrible performance but their result.
Don't mind them....

Imagine a man utd calling barcelona shitty without Messi yet they are on the way to a likely treble while the complete team might likely go trophyless....

Na the real shitty be man utd that are praying that their rivals defeat Watford so that they can play in the Europa league.
Re: Salah And Firmino will Miss Liverpool’s Champions League 2nd Leg with Barcelona. by nepapole(m): 2:20pm On May 07, 2019
lenghtinny:

So it was just ordinary fear that stopped liverpool ( a high scoring side) from getting just one goal....

A man utd fan trying to rate Pique lol... Ogbeni you can't give what you don't have.... You want to give all the accolades to Ter Stergen but you forgot that your own De gea ( a world class goalkeeper) has been turned into a basket because of your shitty defence.

If Ter Stergen can survive on his own without the defense, why can't De gea do the same thing for your club....

You think say na mouth dem dey use play football, you better go and hug your nepapole angry
Ok sir.
Re: Salah And Firmino will Miss Liverpool’s Champions League 2nd Leg with Barcelona. by Chiefochiefo(m): 2:37pm On May 07, 2019
Slynation:

That thing telling you this nonsense is actually lying to you, 5-0 abi, Quick reminder, it's Barcelona not Fc Basel
Let's see then!
Loss for Liverpool, I will quit Nairaland
Re: Salah And Firmino will Miss Liverpool’s Champions League 2nd Leg with Barcelona. by Chiefochiefo(m): 2:39pm On May 07, 2019
Slynation:

That thing telling you this nonsense is actually lying to you, 5-0 abi, Quick reminder, it's Barcelona not Fc Basel

Let's see then!
Loss for Liverpool, I will quit Nairaland
Re: Salah And Firmino will Miss Liverpool’s Champions League 2nd Leg with Barcelona. by Sambaby7640: 3:04pm On May 07, 2019
utenwuson:
Honestly barca and Ajax are two lucky team this season, even before playing u, your best player is either out injured or not fit to play, let's see how they will play themselves in the final with lucks.......
wow? Like wow?. Okay how many players were injured or suspended against Real madrid, or against Juventus? Or how many players were suspended or injured when barca was playing against teams like Man U,Lyon. Mtheew. Stewpid excuses!
Re: Salah And Firmino will Miss Liverpool’s Champions League 2nd Leg with Barcelona. by methodbabs(m): 3:09pm On May 07, 2019
In as much as I don't like Barca but it doesn't change anything even if they all play.
Re: Salah And Firmino will Miss Liverpool’s Champions League 2nd Leg with Barcelona. by utenwuson: 3:38pm On May 07, 2019
Sambaby7640:
wow? Like wow?. Okay how many players were injured or suspended against Real madrid, or against Juventus? Or how many players were suspended or injured when barca was playing against teams like Man U,Lyon. Mtheew. Stewpid excuses!
even alegri conform to my assertion, against juv, cr7 was out for 3 weeks before he resume to play against Ajax unfit, their best wingers Douglas coasta, coudrado, Sandro, and two 1st team player were out, alegri admitted you missing 5 key players, u can check goal. Com, wen barca face Manu, matic, Ander herera, luk Shaw were all out either in 2nd leg or both legs, that Jones have to be call upon, Ajax against spurs, Keane was out, son their best player ds season was out suspended, votohgen was replaced, and now barca against Liverpool, kaita was injured by rakitic, Salah is out, ferminho was ruled out, Arnold couldn't play 1st leg and Gomez a central defender was ask to slot in right back... So this are stupid excuse uhn....
Re: Salah And Firmino will Miss Liverpool’s Champions League 2nd Leg with Barcelona. by utenwuson: 3:45pm On May 07, 2019
Slynation:

I wonder how some cry babies do reason football this days,Barca against United who didn't play? oh Marco Rojo & Valancia your world class players LOL, against Chest beaters Liverpool all played but were whitewashed 3-0 grin Ajax against Juventus how many were injured??( in fact Ajax played without there best defenders against juve) against Real Madrid who didn't play... (Bros if u no get talk just Sharap)
against United, matic, Ander Herrera, Shaw, Valencia all couldn't play, against Liverpool, the best right back in the world right now Alexander Arnold couldn't play and was replaced wt a Centre back Gomez, firminho was out injured, tried to play in the 80th minute but was unfit, now Salah, the third best player in the world presently according to fifa, Ajax played juv with an unfit cr7, he came back from injury to play them no Douglas coasta, no coudrado, and alegri admitted to loosing 5 key players, now no Keane, no son , no vohtogen,
Re: Salah And Firmino will Miss Liverpool’s Champions League 2nd Leg with Barcelona. by uunwanaobong3: 5:38pm On May 07, 2019
osazsky:
city should b d ones tired,they play in two finals were Liverpool was kicked out in d group stage,,city got to d quarter finals too,city has played double of what liveroo played Dis season. get ur facts right
Oga if u look through my comment u would not see me mentioning the numbers of game played by both city and liverpool, this is because city have a very large and reliable squared, which means any of the 25 players can play in any compitition and the team will still remain the same without a fault. Even if city uses the same players to play all tornament, they would not still be tired because of their pattern of play e.g when city rush the opponent to get back the ball, they will relax with the ball and knock it round the field till they score COMPARE to liverpool who after winning back the ball will then rush foreword with speed to score, which is energy consuming with injury prone football and he is doing this with the same players every week in all competition
Re: Salah And Firmino will Miss Liverpool’s Champions League 2nd Leg with Barcelona. by PopeFlatino(m): 7:09pm On May 07, 2019
undecided guy make I tell u d truth,whether the whites wants it or not Salah is d leading man at Liverpool followed by Mane before dat Van dijk.....the FA are just hyping dat VanD to belong and displace Salah from his place in d balloon d or podium,that's y they didn't nominate him to contest for PFA awards which he deserves..VanD is good but I can place him alongside Robertson and Arnold as second best to the two Africans......In summary it's just Racial discrimination
Chijeep:

I understand dat d award is 90% Lionel Messi' buh I just wanna knw if Salah (Africana) can beat Van Dijk

1 Like

Re: Salah And Firmino will Miss Liverpool’s Champions League 2nd Leg with Barcelona. by Zimzy(m): 11:15pm On May 07, 2019
What do you think now the match has ended?
IFEOLUWAKRIZ:
Those guys are running away from the match. That's just the honest explanation.
Re: Salah And Firmino will Miss Liverpool’s Champions League 2nd Leg with Barcelona. by fecta: 11:20pm On May 07, 2019
nurez305:
What did they do when they play first leg.... overrated player playing in an overrated league

Idiot, fool don't commit suicide sha.

Mumu overrated ko

Re: Salah And Firmino will Miss Liverpool’s Champions League 2nd Leg with Barcelona. by tomtos88(m): 11:43pm On May 07, 2019
lenghtinny:

So it was Messi that also stopped you from getting a goal despite all your possession...

You loserpool fans should keep your rants to yourself, barca fans don't need it.

Who is now ranting?
Re: Salah And Firmino will Miss Liverpool’s Champions League 2nd Leg with Barcelona. by sapeleboi(m): 7:25am On May 08, 2019
carterguccy:
Hmmmm LeaveApoo don suffer grin grin grin

Re: Salah And Firmino will Miss Liverpool’s Champions League 2nd Leg with Barcelona. by rockstar27(m): 8:07am On May 08, 2019
rockstar27:
absence of Salah can't stop the outcome of the match but Salah is playing the match.
To prove me wrong visit livescore and check their lineup is only firmino that miss out...

But let us have is at the back of our mind that, in football the lesser probability can be the outcomes at times so, don't have 100% sure on ur prediction world of football anything can happen... that is my own point of view

up liverpool
our lesser probability is our outcome of the match
am happy for liverpool

1 Like

Re: Salah And Firmino will Miss Liverpool’s Champions League 2nd Leg with Barcelona. by nonye6194: 11:21am On May 08, 2019
EmekaBlue:
even if both are playing looserpool is going out

stfu
Re: Salah And Firmino will Miss Liverpool’s Champions League 2nd Leg with Barcelona. by nonye6194: 11:22am On May 08, 2019
prodigyhenry:
I don't want both players to miss the match. We want no excuses as to why barca beat them home and away

say that again grin
Re: Salah And Firmino will Miss Liverpool’s Champions League 2nd Leg with Barcelona. by Nobody: 11:23am On May 08, 2019
Buharifanatic:
As usual

I knew that they will end the season with nothing

Is it not looserpool again

My brother, you know nothing!
Re: Salah And Firmino will Miss Liverpool’s Champions League 2nd Leg with Barcelona. by nonye6194: 11:23am On May 08, 2019
prekumohtim:
This is really a beautiful nonsense. If you like bring in 100 Salah(whether Salah food) and Firmino (or fine girls) against Barca, they can't stop Barcelona from reaching final. Did Salah play the first leg ? Could he score any goal? Stop bringing unecessary excuses

oga shut up abeg grin
Re: Salah And Firmino will Miss Liverpool’s Champions League 2nd Leg with Barcelona. by nonye6194: 11:23am On May 08, 2019
Riversides2003:
Make both of them double each other play, Barca will still beat them.

see them grin
Re: Salah And Firmino will Miss Liverpool’s Champions League 2nd Leg with Barcelona. by Riversides2003(m): 2:26pm On May 08, 2019
nonye6194:

see them grin

I swallow my words

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Reporter Removes Clothes While Reporting On Ronaldo / Osaze Blasts West Brom Fans / Teams You Would Want Nigeria To Face At The World Cup Group Stages?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.