Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,729 members, 7,851,508 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 08:58 PM

Container Falls Off Ojuelegba Bridge In Lagos (photos) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Container Falls Off Ojuelegba Bridge In Lagos (photos) (43067 Views)

Container Falls Off Trailer On Ojuelegba Bridge, Lagos / Container Falls On A Fully Loaded Bus At Ojuelegba Bridge, Lagos / Truck Falls Off Ojuelegba Bridge. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Container Falls Off Ojuelegba Bridge In Lagos (photos) by HomeOfMe(f): 6:30pm On May 07, 2019
AUTOJOSH1:

A container has fallen off from Ojuelegba bridge and has caused gridlock to traffic flow.

The container fell off a truck which was travelling on the bridge on Tuesday, May 7, 2019, according to a security operative that spoke to TheCable.

“The load is too much for the body, so as it was climbing the bridge, it was rolling down. It is 40 feet tall,” he said.

The truck driver, who also spoke to TheCable, said the accident was as a result of a bus driver who overtook him.

He said, “As I was climbing the bridge, a bus overtook me and I had to stop. When I set out after the bus left, the gear dragged me back and the container turned and fell. It is not because of the break. There is no casualty. I was not the only one in the truck, we were three in number, but nothing happened to any of us.”

This is not the first time such is happening on this very Ojuelegba Bridge. The one that fell off last month destroyed seven vehicles.

Not just that; three people were killed in June 2018 when a container load of plywood fell off a truck and crushed three commercial buses and a Toyota Corolla Camry.

Source: https://autojosh.com/container-fall-off-ojuelegba-bridge-lagos/

Since trucks have been falling off the bridge,what has the govt done to stop it,absolutely nothing. The owner of most of those trucks are "above the law",people in the corridors of power. It will never stop untill strong actions are taken.
Re: Container Falls Off Ojuelegba Bridge In Lagos (photos) by Nobody: 6:34pm On May 07, 2019
And osibanjo is there promising onitcha warf production
Re: Container Falls Off Ojuelegba Bridge In Lagos (photos) by hapheeyxz: 6:35pm On May 07, 2019
mejai:
Toyota corolla camry.... A new product

U see am too
Re: Container Falls Off Ojuelegba Bridge In Lagos (photos) by Niceman4u(m): 6:43pm On May 07, 2019
i am sure the truck driver was trying to avoid those touts in ojuelegba dat collect money for one godfather
Re: Container Falls Off Ojuelegba Bridge In Lagos (photos) by Eberex(m): 6:49pm On May 07, 2019
I'm here at surulere thinking of how I will go home. Facing that hold up no get part 2

1 Like

Re: Container Falls Off Ojuelegba Bridge In Lagos (photos) by opewealth: 6:49pm On May 07, 2019
The government need to put a restriction on the bridge let them pass under the bridge.. the fallen is too much.
Re: Container Falls Off Ojuelegba Bridge In Lagos (photos) by Nobody: 7:09pm On May 07, 2019
It's only a social upheaval that can set things right in this country.

Most of those days trucks are bereft of latches that are used to clamp the containers to the rickety trucks. Shitty leaders!
Re: Container Falls Off Ojuelegba Bridge In Lagos (photos) by HyAccent: 7:18pm On May 07, 2019
This is 2019 and container is still falling off our bridges, not only that petrol tankers is still falling and roasting us like meat, we are still being hunted and kidnapped like animals by Book Haram and the rest.

We are still living in the stone age.
Re: Container Falls Off Ojuelegba Bridge In Lagos (photos) by tixo: 7:20pm On May 07, 2019
I trust that Lagos state government knows what to do. That bridge may likely be brought down soon for a better one or the surrounding buildings cleared to widen the road so this trucks can flow freely without having to use the bridge and impede on traffic or cause avoidable casualties,but how soon? Ojuelegba is long overdue for a facelift. The Berger treatment will do well for bus parks like ojuelegba, Ikeja, Ojota and most especially Apongbon and CMS.
Re: Container Falls Off Ojuelegba Bridge In Lagos (photos) by temmytee2309: 7:27pm On May 07, 2019
So pathetic....the actual truth is that that bridge is narrow and bend/tilt to one side...so any vehicle plying that bridge will also bend.
Cars and other light vehicles might not notice this but heavy duty vehicles would feel it. I have driven container truck on that bridge not once or twice and I can tell u whenever I pass on that bridge I usually pray silently not to fall.
I think the best solution is for heavy duty vehicles to always pass under the bridge.

1 Like

Re: Container Falls Off Ojuelegba Bridge In Lagos (photos) by Epique: 7:42pm On May 07, 2019
No gleam of hope in this country at all. Just last week, a trailer'container fell off and it actually killed someone. I'm yet to get over the gory sight of the brain pieces scattered on the floor. That one did not even make the news at all. It is that bad. Hopeless country. Leave while you can.
Re: Container Falls Off Ojuelegba Bridge In Lagos (photos) by mywells: 7:45pm On May 07, 2019
The spirits of Ojuelegba

2 Likes

Re: Container Falls Off Ojuelegba Bridge In Lagos (photos) by kikelomojessy(f): 8:02pm On May 07, 2019
God knows how much I fear I feel in my mind when I see trailers going up that bridge.

God please save us.
Re: Container Falls Off Ojuelegba Bridge In Lagos (photos) by ZACHIE: 8:03pm On May 07, 2019
40feet tall container?

I deserve a cup of coffee.
Re: Container Falls Off Ojuelegba Bridge In Lagos (photos) by Nobody: 8:17pm On May 07, 2019
What a tragedy! In advanced democracies like the US, the government has a weigh station every so many miles on the highway. All drivers of heavy duty-vehicles including 18 wheelers are required by law to stop at these weigh stations to be weighed and make sure that they are safe weight-wise and roadworthy to be on the road. This is contrary to what is obtainable here in Nigeria. The truck drivers and owners of these trucking companies load their trucks beyond capacity without any concern for the safety of the driver and other road users. Their only interest and concern is the money that they stand to make. So, what ends up happening is what we are just reading about...avoidable deadly accidents. Nigerians do not have the concept that like humans, vehicles have a maximum load capacity that they can carry in order to be safe on the road.
Re: Container Falls Off Ojuelegba Bridge In Lagos (photos) by slimfit1(m): 8:35pm On May 07, 2019
Hopefully one day it will fall on the governor.
Re: Container Falls Off Ojuelegba Bridge In Lagos (photos) by raphy(m): 8:42pm On May 07, 2019
that bridge is evil bridge even the one facing national stadium too.a car once crash down from the bridge facing stadium.

the ojuelagba own is the worst hit. many container HV fallen in the last decade.

people are sleeping under the bridge no matter the barrier the Lagos state government put that will spoil it and enter.

agbero and the weed smoking gangs owns under the bridge as land Lord.
thank God no life was lost this time .
Re: Container Falls Off Ojuelegba Bridge In Lagos (photos) by Awe4luv(m): 8:43pm On May 07, 2019
AUTOJOSH1:

A container has fallen off from Ojuelegba bridge and has caused gridlock to traffic flow.

The container fell off a truck which was travelling on the bridge on Tuesday, May 7, 2019, according to a security operative that spoke to TheCable.

“The load is too much for the body, so as it was climbing the bridge, it was rolling down. It is 40 feet tall,” he said.

The truck driver, who also spoke to TheCable, said the accident was as a result of a bus driver who overtook him.

He said, “As I was climbing the bridge, a bus overtook me and I had to stop. When I set out after the bus left, the gear dragged me back and the container turned and fell. It is not because of the break. There is no casualty. I was not the only one in the truck, we were three in number, but nothing happened to any of us.”

This is not the first time such is happening on this very Ojuelegba Bridge. The one that fell off last month destroyed seven vehicles.

Not just that; three people were killed in June 2018 when a container load of plywood fell off a truck and crushed three commercial buses and a Toyota Corolla Camry.

Source: https://autojosh.com/container-fall-off-ojuelegba-bridge-lagos/

well it's no more news, they are always falling down from that bridge.......
Re: Container Falls Off Ojuelegba Bridge In Lagos (photos) by xangerar: 10:30pm On May 07, 2019
Why not put a truck limiter on this Ojuelegba bridge? angry
Re: Container Falls Off Ojuelegba Bridge In Lagos (photos) by otokx(m): 11:07pm On May 07, 2019
The lawlessness in Nigeria is something else.

The man even has mouth to talk when he ought to be dragged to a magistrate and charged with wilful destruction of public property, causing public nuisance, driving a vehicle that is not road worthy, driving a vehicle without license, driving a vehicle with expired insurance, driving a vehicle with expired vehicle license, driving a vehicle with no safety strap amongst other charges of which all of them will attract financial fees and lengthy bans.
Re: Container Falls Off Ojuelegba Bridge In Lagos (photos) by sacx: 12:10am On May 08, 2019
For how many times does this have to occur before those in authority find a last solution to it. Abeg who get free US visa wen e nor dey use?
Re: Container Falls Off Ojuelegba Bridge In Lagos (photos) by suremanpatriot: 1:29am On May 08, 2019
Despite been an Apc state ,the FedGovt has vehemently failed to fix the fed roads in Lagos ( a whole former capital and commercial hub of nig)and the delapidated bridges, while Abuja is awash with clean high ways and smooth bridges. Wht manner of democracy is this?
Pathetic! angry8
Re: Container Falls Off Ojuelegba Bridge In Lagos (photos) by tciro: 5:14am On May 08, 2019
I think that will be so difficult cos the road beneath the bridge is so tight that even if brt busses are passing they need to clear the road, just imagine 3 of them coming together that will be so bad.

opewealth:
The government need to put a restriction on the bridge let them pass under the bridge.. the fallen is too much.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Okada Man Carrying Three Bags Of Cassava And A Market Woman On His Bike:photo / Man Takes Selfie At Accident Scene That Killed Driver & Others / Two Dead, As Container Falls On Car In Lagos [photo]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.