Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,203 members, 7,835,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:56 PM

Woman Sentenced To Death For Killing Neighbour During Fight In Ajegunle - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Woman Sentenced To Death For Killing Neighbour During Fight In Ajegunle (33146 Views)

Man In Custody For Allegedly Killing Neighbour Over A Goat / Man Stabs Lover To Death In Broad Day Light In Ajegunle Lagos / Soldiers Beaten In Ajegunle, Lagos As Kola Mutiu 'Black Jesus' Dies. Graphic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman Sentenced To Death For Killing Neighbour During Fight In Ajegunle by Nobody: 6:52pm On May 07, 2019
how I wish my former neighbour can get to read this post. that woman tormented the hell out of other tenants. I was astonished when I heard her saying she smell blood whenever someone quarrels with her. I later heard from someone that she was once jail in Kwara state for murder related offence years back. since then I became afraid of her. she's a woman with the heart of a demon!
Re: Woman Sentenced To Death For Killing Neighbour During Fight In Ajegunle by Gforce2019: 6:52pm On May 07, 2019
bitmoney:
They will meet again and continue the fight

She should not give up. Help is on the way
Re: Woman Sentenced To Death For Killing Neighbour During Fight In Ajegunle by tharealest(m): 6:52pm On May 07, 2019
Stella killed Stella
Re: Woman Sentenced To Death For Killing Neighbour During Fight In Ajegunle by dreamwords: 6:53pm On May 07, 2019
I'd that their real names ?
Re: Woman Sentenced To Death For Killing Neighbour During Fight In Ajegunle by sisisioge: 6:56pm On May 07, 2019
Well, justice is served..an eye for an eye.

To all those who love to get in a fight...be guided.

To all those who love to fight with weapons...be very guided!

Just leave any azzzhole looking for your trouble alone biko. They aren't worth your tears, regrets, incarceration or even death. Whew!

1 Like

Re: Woman Sentenced To Death For Killing Neighbour During Fight In Ajegunle by tabithababy(f): 6:57pm On May 07, 2019
VivaLaFrans:
Ah... I wished she could be forgiven... Its not easy executing women... You will cry even as the executioner... See the facial expression of the policeman on the left of that picture, like he is without sin...

Hmmm. What of the woman she killed

Face me, I face you house is the worse place to live in lagos

1 Like

Re: Woman Sentenced To Death For Killing Neighbour During Fight In Ajegunle by Athena4: 7:01pm On May 07, 2019
unpredictedone:
how I wish my former neighbour can get to read this post. that woman tormented the hell out of other tenants. I was astonished when I heard her saying she smell blood whenever someone quarrels with her. I later heard from someone that she was once jail in Kwara state for murder related offence years back. since then I became afraid of her. she's a woman with the heart of a demon!
O hooo! Tell us more abeg.
Re: Woman Sentenced To Death For Killing Neighbour During Fight In Ajegunle by capitalzero: 7:02pm On May 07, 2019
BlueAir:
Six years in detention and she gets the death sentence... What kinda quack judge is this...she could be given a longer sentence especially as her self defence claim can't be easily disputed factually even if the claim might be a lie. That judge only wanted to make a scapegoat out of her

Deceased was stabbed in the heart? why not stomach or head? I think it is autopsy report that nailed the defendant.

1 Like

Re: Woman Sentenced To Death For Killing Neighbour During Fight In Ajegunle by Nobody: 7:03pm On May 07, 2019
The policeman's facial expression is priceless.
Re: Woman Sentenced To Death For Killing Neighbour During Fight In Ajegunle by VivaLaFrans: 7:07pm On May 07, 2019
tabithababy:

Hmmm. What of the woman she killed
Justice must be done... even nature approves it...
Re: Woman Sentenced To Death For Killing Neighbour During Fight In Ajegunle by SLOVFO(m): 7:07pm On May 07, 2019
wingmanII:
Nothing to show it was premeditated murder.
Crime of passion. This is manslaughter, maybe life imprisonment. All these quota/sharia judges
My thoughts exactly.
There is nothing to show that the murder was premeditated. This is a case of manslaughter.
Re: Woman Sentenced To Death For Killing Neighbour During Fight In Ajegunle by Nobody: 7:09pm On May 07, 2019
Athena4:
O hooo! Tell us more abeg.

takes steps backward when a woman troublesome woman get angry; the effect is disastrous!
Re: Woman Sentenced To Death For Killing Neighbour During Fight In Ajegunle by Jabioro: 7:09pm On May 07, 2019
wingmanII:
Crime of passion. This is manslaughter, maybe life imprisonment. All these quota/sharia judges
Who told you so? It was pure an intentional murderer..She deserved the judgement

1 Like

Re: Woman Sentenced To Death For Killing Neighbour During Fight In Ajegunle by iamjavadem(m): 7:11pm On May 07, 2019
Did you search? I have seen plenty.
hahn:

For real, I am yet to read any news about any convicted police officer undecided
Re: Woman Sentenced To Death For Killing Neighbour During Fight In Ajegunle by BlueAir: 7:11pm On May 07, 2019
capitalzero:

Deceased was stabbed in the heart? why not stomach or head? I think it is autopsy report that nailed the defendant.
is the stomach or head not also fragile parts? Or is there any part of the body that isn't fragile and won't cause serious injury when tempered with a knife?
Re: Woman Sentenced To Death For Killing Neighbour During Fight In Ajegunle by DonGtoG1(m): 7:11pm On May 07, 2019
ANGER is a little madness that exists in everyone.

If you allow your anger to control you whenever it comes to play the negative roles that it's known for, then, you are doomed to cause irreparable damage.
Re: Woman Sentenced To Death For Killing Neighbour During Fight In Ajegunle by Nobody: 7:11pm On May 07, 2019
It could have been self defence.
Re: Woman Sentenced To Death For Killing Neighbour During Fight In Ajegunle by Firgemachar: 7:11pm On May 07, 2019
What if one kills in self defence

Does the law admit that

How can it be proven

May we not have any infraction with the law in Jesus' Name. Amen.

1 Like

Re: Woman Sentenced To Death For Killing Neighbour During Fight In Ajegunle by Nobody: 7:13pm On May 07, 2019
wingmanII:

You didn't read where the judge cross examine, the intent of stabbing the deceased on the chest where the heart is located. That definitely a meditated move.
Why no use the knife to attack the deceased hand, or another body part.

2 Likes

Re: Woman Sentenced To Death For Killing Neighbour During Fight In Ajegunle by madgoat(m): 7:16pm On May 07, 2019
matify83:
See what an unrestrained fit of rage has caused her?

She will rot in jail awaiting the signing of her death warrant by the government.
Only cowards are meek. That useless lady is a coward for crying in court and also the lady that was killed was also a big coward for fighting when she had no strenght. Trust me, i can get really violent when angry and i will do things without remorse.
Re: Woman Sentenced To Death For Killing Neighbour During Fight In Ajegunle by matify83: 7:19pm On May 07, 2019
madgoat:

Only cowards are meek. That useless lady is a coward for crying in court and also the lady that was killed was also a big coward for fighting when she had no strenght. Trust me, i can get really violent when angry and i will do things without remorse.

madgoat(m) ??
Re: Woman Sentenced To Death For Killing Neighbour During Fight In Ajegunle by donbenie(m): 7:19pm On May 07, 2019
VivaLaFrans:
Ah... I wished she could be forgiven... Its not easy executing women... You will cry even as the executioner... See the facial expression of the policeman on the left of that picture, like he is without sin...
So,if it was a man it would have been okay.. angry

1 Like

Re: Woman Sentenced To Death For Killing Neighbour During Fight In Ajegunle by mechanics(m): 7:19pm On May 07, 2019
eyah, it will serve as a deterrent to those who takes laws into their hands.
Re: Woman Sentenced To Death For Killing Neighbour During Fight In Ajegunle by Deepfeel(m): 7:20pm On May 07, 2019
and Evans is still going to court? sad cry

1 Like

Re: Woman Sentenced To Death For Killing Neighbour During Fight In Ajegunle by baby124: 7:20pm On May 07, 2019
Right now... someone is sleeping, sitting, farting, pissing and shitting on the bench. Who lose? The two fools fighting over something as inconsequential as a bench. Nothing in this world is worth getting into a fight for...
Re: Woman Sentenced To Death For Killing Neighbour During Fight In Ajegunle by Egabs(m): 7:21pm On May 07, 2019
etcsines:
@titiloyeblog.com

An Ikeja high court on Tuesday sentenced a 36-year-old woman, Stella Gilbert, to death for stabbing her neighbor, Mrs. Stella Godwin, to death during a fight at their residence in Ajegunle, Lagos.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the fight was over a bench in the premises of their single room apartments also known as ‘face’me-I-face you’.

The fight was caused by an argument over who should be using the bench belonging to their former neighbor.

Justice Raliatu Adebiyi sentenced Gilbert after dismissing her claim of self-defense.

The judge held that the prosecution proved its case beyond a reasonable doubt.

“The defendant, in this case, used a knife on the deceased; by any standard, a knife is a lethal weapon.

“The evidence of PW2 (Prosecution Witness 2), the cousin of PW1 (the deceased’s husband), and that of PW3, the female police officer, was that the deceased was stabbed on the chest.

“The coroner’s report tendered in evidence by PW4 confirmed that the deceased was stabbed on the chest.

“The chest is where the heart is; the defendant, by stabbing the deceased on the chest, a very fragile part of the body, clearly intended to cause the most harm to her.

“The death of the deceased occurred as a result of a grievous injury caused by the defendant. The defendant is culpable of the offense of murder,” she said.

The judge remarked that a lot of cases in courts were caused by animosity and violence due to individuals living in close proximity in the metropolis.

She said that the situation called for improvement in social housing in Lagos State.

She said: “From the evidence, the fight took place in a room; though no evidence was given about the size of the room, it could not have been a very large room.

“The evidence was that the deceased and the defendant lived in a house consisting of rooms occupied by families popularly called ‘face-me-I-face-you’.

“It is worrisome that the level of violence, unnecessary animosity and death, which occur among our citizens as a result of living together in close proximity without sufficient personal space and boundaries, remain unabated.

“There is clearly a need to improve social housing and living conditions.

“The court hopes that this message will be conveyed to the necessary authorities through prosecutors who have the responsibility to prosecute these cases and should be able to provide vital statistics,” she urged.

Following the conviction of the Gilbert, her counsel, Mr Y. E. Yusuf prayed the court to temper justice with mercy.

“The defendant has been in detention for six years; during that time, she lost both parents and her brother. She is in her late 30s and unmarried, she has gone through a lot.

“She was not harboring the intent to murder when the incident occurred.

“I want my lord to temper justice with mercy and refrain from giving the defendant the maximum sentence,” Yusuf urged.

However, the judge passed a death sentence on Gilbert.

“The defendant, Stella Gilbert, is hereby sentenced to death. May God that grants life have mercy on your soul,” she said.

On hearing the sentence, Gilbert collapsed on the dock. Wailing loudly, she said, “Please ma, temper justice with mercy, why me oh, only me…”

In her tears, she was led out of the courtroom and had to be carried by a mobile policeman and a prison warden out of the court complex to avoid disruption of proceedings in other courtrooms due to the commotion.

NAN reports that during the trial, four witnesses – the husband of the deceased, the brother-in-law of the deceased, the investigating police officer and the coroner – testified for the prosecution.

The defendant testified alone in her defense.

According to the state counsel, Mrs. O. R. Ahmed-Muili, the convict murdered Godwin, mother of three, on June 22, 2013, at No. 59, Ojora St., Ajegunle, Lagos.

The convict stabbed the deceased on the chest and arm with a knife during a fight.

NAN reports that murder contravenes Section 221 of the Criminal Law of Lagos 2011 and is punishable with death by hanging.

source: https://www.titiloyeblog.com/2019/05/woman-sentenced-to-death-for-killing.html
Incident that happened in 2013 the Nigerian court is just given judgment in 2019 what a failed country is this
Re: Woman Sentenced To Death For Killing Neighbour During Fight In Ajegunle by lovingyouhun: 7:22pm On May 07, 2019
You see how this woman will just leave her 3 children like that, after turning some other kids motherless, just because of anger, pride and i must claim my right. All for what? Common bench smh
Re: Woman Sentenced To Death For Killing Neighbour During Fight In Ajegunle by Housing(m): 7:25pm On May 07, 2019
wingmanII:

Justice Adebiyi was born as a Muslim but, converted to Christianity over a decade ago.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Woman Sentenced To Death For Killing Neighbour During Fight In Ajegunle by Populardemand(m): 7:25pm On May 07, 2019
Anger
Re: Woman Sentenced To Death For Killing Neighbour During Fight In Ajegunle by jaxxy(m): 7:34pm On May 07, 2019
So u kill sm1 and u want to live? How now

2 Likes

Re: Woman Sentenced To Death For Killing Neighbour During Fight In Ajegunle by greggng: 7:35pm On May 07, 2019
There are two people you don't risk fighting .

1, A man with a gun
2, A man that has nothing to lose .

In any case let her get a good lawyer to appeal for her...her sentence will be commuted to life . In any case she has nothing to lose cos Nigerian governors hardly sign death warrant....she will be eating tax payers food till she became grandma and one day , she will be released on parole so that she can go home and die of old age

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Pours Dirty Water On Man Driving For Splashing Dirty Water On Him / Soldier Calls out Boko Haram Terrorists to come out / ABU Student Kills Secondary School Boy Over Homosexual Advances

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.