Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,295 members, 7,836,291 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:12 AM

Woman Sentenced To Death For Killing Neighbour During Fight In Ajegunle - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Woman Sentenced To Death For Killing Neighbour During Fight In Ajegunle (33153 Views)

Man In Custody For Allegedly Killing Neighbour Over A Goat / Man Stabs Lover To Death In Broad Day Light In Ajegunle Lagos / Soldiers Beaten In Ajegunle, Lagos As Kola Mutiu 'Black Jesus' Dies. Graphic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman Sentenced To Death For Killing Neighbour During Fight In Ajegunle by 2blessed01(m): 7:37pm On May 07, 2019
...Dnt Tell Me That Dis Case Has Bn In Court Since 2013...
.......9ja Judicial System Sha.......

1 Like

Re: Woman Sentenced To Death For Killing Neighbour During Fight In Ajegunle by Nobody: 7:38pm On May 07, 2019
wingmanII:
Nothing to show it was premeditated murder.
Crime of passion. This is manslaughter, maybe life imprisonment. All these quota/sharia judges

Crime of passion? Certainly not. There's nothing in the report that suggests so.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Sentenced To Death For Killing Neighbour During Fight In Ajegunle by Malawian(m): 7:39pm On May 07, 2019
Our "Justice" system is still in the stone ages. Should one person be tasked with determining the life of another? When are we getting a Jury system?

1 Like

Re: Woman Sentenced To Death For Killing Neighbour During Fight In Ajegunle by capitalzero: 7:42pm On May 07, 2019
BlueAir:
is the stomach or head not also fragile parts? Or is there any part of the body that isn't fragile and won't cause serious injury when tempered with a knife?

you have no idea about primary and secondary cause of death in autopsy report. You have no idea about various degrees of murder and intent in criminal law. if someone is stabbed in stomach , he may die complications of stab injury if rescue is delayed. If someone is stabbed in heart, within 30 min that person is dead if knife is removed. If knife is intact, chance of survival is possible if there is cardiac surgeon in top notch cardiac centre. people can be stabbed or shot in head and still alive if cerebral oedema can be prevented or trauma vital centres.. with good care, such individuals may suffer permanent neurological deficit or in severe cases brain death. in some climes brain dead people are still alive and their organs may be used for transplant pirpose

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Sentenced To Death For Killing Neighbour During Fight In Ajegunle by willyboss: 7:44pm On May 07, 2019
And the bench in question wasn't theirs!
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
Stupidity in its highest form.

Over a motherfvcking Bench!
Re: Woman Sentenced To Death For Killing Neighbour During Fight In Ajegunle by tunary(m): 7:45pm On May 07, 2019
I feel for her
Self control would have prevent all these from happening

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Sentenced To Death For Killing Neighbour During Fight In Ajegunle by Nobody: 7:50pm On May 07, 2019
Poor people's anger no be here o

They are quick-tempered and can resort to the use of deadly weapons without recourse to the likely legal outcome.

They call names easily at the slightest disagreement, just like the ones here in Nairaland.

God pass them.

1 Like

Re: Woman Sentenced To Death For Killing Neighbour During Fight In Ajegunle by Nobody: 7:52pm On May 07, 2019
iTearHerToto:
Their quest for blood is abysmalangry

This guy...you no go kill person. That goat meme got me rofl grin grin
Re: Woman Sentenced To Death For Killing Neighbour During Fight In Ajegunle by willyboss: 7:53pm On May 07, 2019
Your moniker says it all
madgoat:

Only cowards are meek. That useless lady is a coward for crying in court and also the lady that was killed was also a big coward for fighting when she had no strenght. Trust me, i can get really violent when angry and i will do things without remorse.
Re: Woman Sentenced To Death For Killing Neighbour During Fight In Ajegunle by Amuocha: 7:54pm On May 07, 2019
The judge remarked that a lot of cases in courts were caused by animosity and violence due to individuals living in close proximity in the metropolis shocked

Ambode sef angry
Re: Woman Sentenced To Death For Killing Neighbour During Fight In Ajegunle by laivwire(m): 8:00pm On May 07, 2019
This is a harsh judgement at best. It wasn't premeditated and I don't think the defendant had any priors. It should have been 25yrs to life sentence at most. Too bad for the defendant
Re: Woman Sentenced To Death For Killing Neighbour During Fight In Ajegunle by FhukaFhuka: 8:02pm On May 07, 2019
grin

Re: Woman Sentenced To Death For Killing Neighbour During Fight In Ajegunle by ayandee: 8:06pm On May 07, 2019
wingmanII:
Crime of passion. This is manslaughter, maybe life imprisonment. All these quota/sharia judges
you are right. Intent (mens rea) is an important element in securing a conviction for murder. At best, the conviction should be manslaughter.
Re: Woman Sentenced To Death For Killing Neighbour During Fight In Ajegunle by Simbrixton(m): 8:08pm On May 07, 2019
If you are poor it is a sin for once I don't blame drug peddlers and yahoo boys
Re: Woman Sentenced To Death For Killing Neighbour During Fight In Ajegunle by trapQ: 8:45pm On May 07, 2019
You're an idiot. Tell that to men who commit over 90% of murders.
DearIsrael:
Women have issues when it comes to controlling their anger. You stab finish, you no fit bear the consequence. FISH BRAIN!! undecided
When we say they have fish brain, they'll say we hate them. Tonto, if you can read this: You also have a FISH BRAIN.

PS: See the face of the first policeman. He no even care.

2 Likes

Re: Woman Sentenced To Death For Killing Neighbour During Fight In Ajegunle by BlueAir: 9:29pm On May 07, 2019
capitalzero:

you have no idea about primary and secondary cause of death in autopsy report. You have no idea about various degrees of murder and intent in criminal law. if someone is stabbed in stomach , he may die complications of stab injury if rescue is delayed. If someone is stabbed in heart, within 30 min that person is dead if knife is removed. If knife is intact, chance of survival is possible if there is cardiac surgeon in top notch cardiac centre. people can be stabbed or shot in head and still alive if cerebral oedema can be prevented or trauma vital centres.. with good care, such individuals may suffer permanent neurological deficit or in severe cases brain death. in some climes brain dead people are still alive and their organs may be used for transplant pirpose
how in the devil's balls does primary and secondary cause of death influence the final decision of a judge .how relevant is all those crraps above to the judge in making the final decision cos nothing else influences a judges professionional decision than criminal intent ,crime itself,and situation .nothing u have typed up their explains how criminal justice is applied. It's u who have no bleeping damn idea of criminal justice. How does any bloody situation u listed up their likely to influence a judge's sentence A crippled victim or a brain damaged victim is likely to secure a lesser term for the convict?? Mehn..... Stick to medics, I'll stick to criminology

1 Like

Re: Woman Sentenced To Death For Killing Neighbour During Fight In Ajegunle by virginchaser(m): 9:42pm On May 07, 2019
You don't need to live in face me i face you house before fight can erupt like volcano. The day my landlord's pregnant wife decided to challenge my wife in the compound over whom to pump water. I screamed that she should not come out to fight her o. My landlord said i should just ignore them. I knew what could happen if i ignored them, Owerri woman for that matter!
Re: Woman Sentenced To Death For Killing Neighbour During Fight In Ajegunle by SOFTENGR: 9:57pm On May 07, 2019
AmazingELixir:
undecided

Guess she'll be sober now.....a sharp departure from her aggressive posture during the fight.

The only thing in her head right now will be..." if only I had heeded to baba Kunle attempt at brokering peace"..
The most annoying thing is that at that time she was angry, she might stab you if you try to stop her.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Sentenced To Death For Killing Neighbour During Fight In Ajegunle by Nobody: 10:07pm On May 07, 2019
DearIsrael:
Women have issues when it comes to controlling their anger. You stab finish, you no fit bear the consequence. FISH BRAIN!! undecided
When we say they have fish brain, they'll say we hate them. Tonto, if you can read this: You also have a FISH BRAIN.

PS: See the face of the first policeman. He no even care.

Fish are known to be highly intelligent. Better a fish than a loud and pitiful dog like you jobless men who can't control your herpes riddled mouths

2 Likes

Re: Woman Sentenced To Death For Killing Neighbour During Fight In Ajegunle by Nobody: 10:11pm On May 07, 2019
wingmanII:

I would have said death is better than a life sentence in Nigeria's prison system but with the current state of things she will probably spend the next twenty years on death row. The governors are scared to sign off death warrants but they are too ignorant to change the laws.

All they know how to do is contract fraud.
Re: Woman Sentenced To Death For Killing Neighbour During Fight In Ajegunle by asiga(m): 10:25pm On May 07, 2019
wingmanII:

I agree with you Sir.

The argument that the deceased was stabbed on the chest in a small room isn't cogent enough for that sentence.

Manslaughter at its best and life imprisonment.
Re: Woman Sentenced To Death For Killing Neighbour During Fight In Ajegunle by dometome: 10:44pm On May 07, 2019
stinflame:

You didn't read where the judge cross examine, the intent of stabbing the deceased on the chest where the heart is located. That definitely a meditated move.
Why no use the knife to attack the deceased hand, or another body part.
that is not the meaning of first degree murder or premeditated murder. This is a fight and the blow can land anywhere. Premeditated murder is when you take your time and plan how to kill someone and try to hide it from people. For example Jennifer Pan and her parents. She on this case hired an assassin and tried to make it look like robbery gone bad. This is a fight nothing premeditated. That jugde is a quack jugde.
Re: Woman Sentenced To Death For Killing Neighbour During Fight In Ajegunle by maasoap(m): 10:53pm On May 07, 2019
wingmanII:

It wasn't crime of passion. Example of crime of passion is when you catch your wife with her secret lover on your matrimonial bed and end up killing him.

Equally, it wasn't manslaughter at all. Example of manslaughter is when someone cross the road without looking left and right, without being patient and he/she ended up being knocked down and killed by a speeding car.

Stabbing someone in the chest is not manslaughter, it is murder because the stabbing was intentional and done in a fatal manner. It is not only when the killing is premeditated that you can find someone guilty of murder.

1 Like

Re: Woman Sentenced To Death For Killing Neighbour During Fight In Ajegunle by dometome: 11:03pm On May 07, 2019
maasoap:

It wasn't crime of passion. Example of crime of passion is when you catch your wife with her secret lover on your matrimonial bed and end up killing him.

Equally, it wasn't manslaughter at all. Example of manslaughter is when someone cross the road without looking left and right, without being patient and he/she ended up being knocked down and killed by a speeding car. noting

Stabbing someone in the chest is not manslaughter, it is murder because the stabbing was intentional and done in a fatal manner. It is not only when the it is premeditated that you can find someone guilty of murder.
Was the murder planned or was it as a result of a fight? Premeditated murder or first degree murder is when you plan how to kill someone and it takes a lot of the to plan. For example If you hire an assassin to kill someone. If yoi break into a house to have sex with a woman the woman refuses your advances but you rape her and then kill her so that no one will know and try to hide the body and you try to wipe out evidences, that is a good example of first degree murder otherwise known as premeditated murder. This woman's case was a fight.
Re: Woman Sentenced To Death For Killing Neighbour During Fight In Ajegunle by DearIsrael: 11:04pm On May 07, 2019
Villageppl:

Fish are known to be highly intelligent. Better a fish than a loud and pitiful dog like you jobless men who can't control your herpes riddled mouths
FISH BRAIN!!!!!!!
Re: Woman Sentenced To Death For Killing Neighbour During Fight In Ajegunle by maasoap(m): 11:04pm On May 07, 2019
laivwire:
This is a harsh judgement at best. It wasn't premeditated and I don't think the defendant had any priors. It should have been 25yrs to life sentence at most. Too bad for the defendant

The judgement was accurate. Who even told you guys that killing has to be premeditated before the judges can find a suspect guilty of murder? How many domestic homicides in Nigeria are premeditated? You guys need to understand what constitute manslaughter before throwing that word up and down. You stab someone in the chest and you call it manslaughter because it wasn't premeditated. She is free to appeal them judgement and then go to supreme. All the judges in the three different courts can't be wrong

1 Like

Re: Woman Sentenced To Death For Killing Neighbour During Fight In Ajegunle by maasoap(m): 11:15pm On May 07, 2019
dometome:
Was the murder planned or was it as a result of a fight? Premeditated murder or first degree murder is when you plan how to kill someone and it takes a lot of the to plan. For example If you hire an assassin to kill someone. If yoi break into a house to have sex with a woman the woman refuses your advances but you rape her and then kill her so that no one will know and try to hide the body and you try to wipe out evidences, that is a good example of first degree murder otherwise known as premeditated murder. This woman's case was a fight.

I understand premeditated murder perfectly, don't waste your time explaining to me.
My point is that the law in Nigeria and other countries that have death sentence don't approve death sentence for premeditated murder only but also for intent murder. You stab someone in the chest and you are claiming manslaughter, that you didn't plan it, so you don't deserve death sentence. Lol. Don't you know the result of stabbing someone in the chest? Your intention was to kill and you succeeded even though you didn't plan it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"If Change No Dey In 2months, I Go Start To Carry Gun" - Says Man / 17-Year-Old Housewife Poisons Her Stepson In Bauchi (Photo) / Soldier Drills An Uninvited Guest In Delta, Makes Him Lie Inside Mud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.