Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,823 members, 7,810,160 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:08 PM

Help I Need A Local Server To Test Some Joomla 2.5 Template On My Computer - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Help I Need A Local Server To Test Some Joomla 2.5 Template On My Computer (5837 Views)

How To Install Joomla 2.5 Quickstart Template Pack(Step By Step Tutorial Guide) / Connecting External Server To Local Database / Setting Up Wamp Server To Run On Local Area Network (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help I Need A Local Server To Test Some Joomla 2.5 Template On My Computer by Truequest(m): 4:20pm On Apr 10, 2012
I've tried xampp and wampserver for as local server for testing some joomla 2.5 quickstart templates but none has performed well. For xampp the installation was concluded without issues but the website display has a lot of errors. On the other hand, for wamp I couldn't go beyond database configuration on the installation process. Please I need candid advice
Re: Help I Need A Local Server To Test Some Joomla 2.5 Template On My Computer by Slyr0x: 4:29pm On Apr 10, 2012
I am quite familiar with Xampp's usage. What error(s) are you getting?
Re: Help I Need A Local Server To Test Some Joomla 2.5 Template On My Computer by Truequest(m): 4:37pm On Apr 10, 2012
Slyr0x: I am quite familiar with Xampp's usage. What error(s) are you getting?
I'll post a screen shot shortly
Re: Help I Need A Local Server To Test Some Joomla 2.5 Template On My Computer by soloqy: 5:36pm On Apr 10, 2012
What version of Xammp did you install?

Did you install it to run as a service or not?

There are different PHP versions in the different xammp versions.

If you are using joomla 2.5 , you are better off installing the latest Xammp build.

I use Xammp as well and no problems with joomla 2.5
Re: Help I Need A Local Server To Test Some Joomla 2.5 Template On My Computer by Truequest(m): 6:14pm On Apr 10, 2012
soloqy: What version of Xammp did you install?

Did you install it to run as a service or not?

There are different PHP versions in the different xammp versions.

If you are using joomla 2.5 , you are better off installing the latest Xammp build.

I use Xammp as well and no problems with joomla 2.5

I use xampp 1.7.7 I had to download a fresh one yesterday

here is the errors I got on the homepage

Strict Standards: Declaration of JParameter::loadSetupFile() should be compatible with that of JRegistry::loadSetupFile() in C:\xampp\htdocs\twn\libraries\joomla\html\parameter.php on line 512

Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in C:\xampp\htdocs\twn\plugins\system\k2\k2.php on line 306

Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in C:\xampp\htdocs\twn\plugins\system\k2\k2.php on line 27

Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in C:\xampp\htdocs\twn\plugins\system\k2\k2.php on line 44

Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in C:\xampp\htdocs\twn\plugins\system\k2\k2.php on line 46

Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in C:\xampp\htdocs\twn\plugins\system\k2\k2.php on line 120

Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in C:\xampp\htdocs\twn\plugins\system\k2\k2.php on line 125

Notice: Undefined variable: tpl_name in C:\xampp\htdocs\twn\templates\gk_twn2\lib\gk.framework.php on line 228

Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in C:\xampp\htdocs\twn\templates\gk_twn2\lib\gk.framework.php on line 852
Login Register

Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in C:\xampp\htdocs\twn\modules\mod_highlighter_gk4\gk_classes\gk.source.joomla.php on line 84

Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in C:\xampp\htdocs\twn\modules\mod_highlighter_gk4\gk_classes\gk.source.joomla.php on line 85

Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in C:\xampp\htdocs\twn\modules\mod_highlighter_gk4\gk_classes\gk.source.joomla.php on line 87

Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in C:\xampp\htdocs\twn\modules\mod_highlighter_gk4\gk_classes\gk.source.joomla.php on line 89

Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in C:\xampp\htdocs\twn\modules\mod_highlighter_gk4\helper.php on line 109

Strict Standards: Non-static method NH_GK4_Utils::cutText() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in C:\xampp\htdocs\twn\modules\mod_highlighter_gk4\helper.php on line 136

Strict Standards: Non-static method NH_GK4_Utils::cutText() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in C:\xampp\htdocs\twn\modules\mod_highlighter_gk4\helper.php on line 137

Strict Standards: Non-static method NH_GK4_Utils::cutText() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in C:\xampp\htdocs\twn\modules\mod_highlighter_gk4\helper.php on line 136

Strict Standards: Non-static method NH_GK4_Utils::cutText() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in C:\xampp\htdocs\twn\modules\mod_highlighter_gk4\helper.php on line 137

[i][/i]
Re: Help I Need A Local Server To Test Some Joomla 2.5 Template On My Computer by soloqy: 6:29pm On Apr 10, 2012
Maybe you should turn error_reporting to off in php in Xammp.

In php.ini file (which is inside php folder inside Xammp), search and find : error_reporting = "" , and change to error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE & ~E_DEPRECATED .

Also find display_errors = On and change it to display_errors = Off .

Save the file, stop and restart your xammp server or the apache module.

I hope the bots wont ban me or hide my post .
Re: Help I Need A Local Server To Test Some Joomla 2.5 Template On My Computer by Truequest(m): 8:46pm On Apr 10, 2012
soloqy: Maybe you should turn error_reporting to off in php in Xammp.

In php.ini file (which is inside php folder inside Xammp), search and find : error_reporting = "" , and change to error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE & ~E_DEPRECATED .

Also find display_errors = On and change it to display_errors = Off .

Save the file, stop and restart your xammp server or the apache module.

I hope the bots wont ban me or hide my post .

Thanks Sology for your help, but I did all that stuff but it still did not change
Re: Help I Need A Local Server To Test Some Joomla 2.5 Template On My Computer by soloqy: 8:54pm On Apr 10, 2012
Did you choose to install apache as a service when you were installing Xammp? If so, you need to restart the computer. If you installed Xammp normally, did you stop and start the Apache module from the Xammp control panel?

Am certain the issue should be fixed if you set error reporting to off and the other settings I gave. Xammp php settings are set to test mode and thats why they have all the error reportins set to display so you can debug errors. If you upload that joomla 2.5 that you are trying to test now to a live server, I am almost certain you wont see those errors because those settings in php would have been already set to not display errors.
Re: Help I Need A Local Server To Test Some Joomla 2.5 Template On My Computer by Truequest(m): 10:19pm On Apr 10, 2012
Re: Help I Need A Local Server To Test Some Joomla 2.5 Template On My Computer by soloqy: 10:21pm On Apr 10, 2012
If you cant sort it out from the source, that is from php.ini file, you can try logging on to joomla backend .

Login to joomla admin, go to global configuration -> Server -> under Server Settings you will see -> Error Reporting. Change the value from 'System default' to 'none' and click save and see if that sorts it.
Re: Help I Need A Local Server To Test Some Joomla 2.5 Template On My Computer by Slyr0x: 8:34am On Apr 11, 2012
soloqy: If you cant sort it out from the source, that is from php.ini file, you can try logging on to joomla backend .

Login to joomla admin, go to global configuration -> Server -> under Server Settings you will see -> Error Reporting. Change the value from 'System default' to 'none' and click save and see if that sorts it.

^^^This should solve it.

OR

Open your php.ini, directory here C:\xampp\php\php.ini, Check line 516, u'll see

error_reporting = E_ALL | E_STRICT ,

Change to

error_reporting = 0
Re: Help I Need A Local Server To Test Some Joomla 2.5 Template On My Computer by Truequest(m): 9:01am On Apr 11, 2012
soloqy: If you cant sort it out from the source, that is from php.ini file, you can try logging on to joomla backend .

Thank so much Sology this one did just that, all is fine now I really appreciate your time and patience.
Slyr0x thanks for your concern also, I really appreciate you guys
Re: Help I Need A Local Server To Test Some Joomla 2.5 Template On My Computer by Slyr0x: 9:45am On Apr 11, 2012
smiley wink
Re: Help I Need A Local Server To Test Some Joomla 2.5 Template On My Computer by soloqy: 11:33am On Apr 11, 2012
You are welcome TrueQuest . smiley
Re: Help I Need A Local Server To Test Some Joomla 2.5 Template On My Computer by Nobody: 9:35pm On Apr 11, 2012
it seems the template is built for backwards compatibility for PHP 4, because in PHP5 Object are automatically referenced(to some point). is Joomla 2.5 stable
Re: Help I Need A Local Server To Test Some Joomla 2.5 Template On My Computer by Shadowblaqq(m): 2:27pm On Apr 12, 2012
Some factors........
What version of joomla are u using cos i have installed joomla 2.5.3 quickstart packages without any issues.Maybe you should uninstall your current version of xampp and download a new one from the apache friends website downlod the latest of xampp. install i think it will work well.If you want to know how to install quickstart joomla templates refer to my post on that topic.tanks
Re: Help I Need A Local Server To Test Some Joomla 2.5 Template On My Computer by Bigdreams(m): 2:14pm On Sep 03, 2012

Thanks, this did also solve the same issue I came across.

Thanks once again soloqy.
Re: Help I Need A Local Server To Test Some Joomla 2.5 Template On My Computer by maericacomictnb: 6:17am On Nov 17, 2014
To Predict Win Match And Steps to Making Money from 1960BET in Nigeria. A must read!

Yeah! 1960BET.

Before you take any move further, i will advice you register or Log In through this Link here as 1960bet account by clicking here.https://www.1960bet.ng/Odds/registration/affiliate40498

You hear me right. A lot of things are involved in really making it big on 1960bet and other betting sites. One of such is registering a FRESH account if you already have one before so that you can start afresh. Therefore, Kindly click here => https://www.1960bet.ng/Odds/registration/affiliate40498 to get started. Ensure you register instantly. Very important.Ever heard of 1960bet before? Well, if you’ve never heard about it before, i will urge you to
go straight off to and register and take a look at it and possibly register an account in there. But before you do so, be sure to get my SUPERB GUIDE on how to earn an average of #100,000 monthly via 1960bet by clicking here

A lot of folks out there are football lovers and have one team or the other. Like myself now,
my team is ARSENAL but i also love Barcelona. I know yours will be either Chelsea, Man utd, Liverpool, Man city, Real Madrid etc but, that’s not the point.

As a football lover, do you know that you can make money from football matches. Take for example, when arsenal won Swansea yesterday and Man utd won their match against reading, you wouldn’t believe i made extra #48,000 over the weekend.

How did i achieve this? I was so sure that Arsenal would win and they eventually did. I was sure that Man utd would win as well and they did win. I had placed bets on these 2 teams to win and when they did, i made my cool cash.

Well, the platform trough which the bets are placed is 1960BET. As from next week, i shall begin some series on how to earn from football betting. I use the money earned from this means for my weekly expenses and never have to touch my other incomes.

Right now, i want you to follow the link below to open a fresh 1960bet account. Use your normal details. Register with this link and get your account active.

Once you have register a new account following the link i gave you above, it’s now time for you to fund your 1960bet account. I mean, adding some money into your account which you shall be using to place bets on football matches.

Let me tell you something here, where i mentioned that i made #48,000 from betting
on Arsenal to win and Man utd to win. Let me be frank with you. I spent #30,000 to place bet on the matches at an odd over 2 and i was able to make a profit of #48,000. If i ad used #3,000 to place a bet on the same match, i would have won just #4,800.

So, the more money you fund into your 1960bet account, the more your potential of earning from 1960bet. I will advice that the least you should fund should be #1000. And can have as much as #100,000 and above.

To fund the account, you will see the option of ATM payment on the website when you are logged in. JUST click on deposit. Alternatively, you can fund through agents. You will see lists of their agents.

When you see the list, you will see their phone number and their location, never bother about location but if anyone is closer to you, fine. You can walk into his office and pay him
the exact amount you want to fund to your 1960bet account and give him your USERNAME on 1960bet and the money will be funded to your 1960bet account.

If the agent is far away from you, you can ring his number and he will give you his account number to pay into. You will give him your username after payment and he will fund your account. Never bother about transacting with any of the agents. They have all been verified and known personally by 1960bet boss. They can never toil with your money or dupe you. The worst is they might not fund you on time. In this case, you have to disturb them on phone.

LET me stop here for today. I will advice you go straight away to get my comprehensive guide on how to start earning an average of #100,000 monthly from 1960bet.

If you have any challenges please contact us at 08080021916 or support@1960bet.ng
Re: Help I Need A Local Server To Test Some Joomla 2.5 Template On My Computer by Nobody: 7:45am On Nov 17, 2014
You should turn off error reporting on your configuration.php

you can find it in your htdocs in the xampp files..

the errors are strict standards and will show up even online if error reporting is on.

or i advice u try with another theme which is not nulled.

(1) (Reply)

How To Earn A Minimum Of ₦250,000 Online Monthly In Nigeria / Reasons Why You Don’t Make Money From Konga Affiliate Program And How You Can / How Good Is Zillion King Hosting? Review Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.