Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,754 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:32 PM

Female Traditionalists Protest In Delta Over Marginalisation By Chevron(pics) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Female Traditionalists Protest In Delta Over Marginalisation By Chevron(pics) (19984 Views)

JUST-IN: Labour Party State Chairmen Give 12-hour Ultimatum Over Marginalisation / Edo Youth Barricade NPDC Office Over "Marginalisation Of Host Communities" / The Brazen Act Of Marginalisation Of Christians In Kaduna State By Gov Elrufai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Female Traditionalists Protest In Delta Over Marginalisation By Chevron(pics) by stephenduru: 6:00pm On May 08, 2019
Ugborodo community in Delta staged a protest over marginalisation by Chevron Nigeria Limited.They were joined by female traditionalists and spiritualists.They demanded for job opportunities and more.See more photos after the cut....

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2019/05/female-traditionalists-and.html

1 Like

Re: Female Traditionalists Protest In Delta Over Marginalisation By Chevron(pics) by Nobody: 6:03pm On May 08, 2019
Oil company can only create a limited number of jobs...

Go and ask your graduates, and your educated people as well as Abuja and your governor what they have been doing.?

Nigerians!

Modified...

I read an article in the Nigerian Guardian(back in 2000) about a guy from Imo state. Back when he graduated, he was lucky to get a job with an oil company. When he noticed that his people were begging him for job with oil company....he started what I would call a 'job production scheme' in his village..to empower people with skills, and the focus was on agriculture

By the time the article was written, the scheme had created lots of jobs and empowered people in the village. No one apparently was begging the man for oil company job again.

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Female Traditionalists Protest In Delta Over Marginalisation By Chevron(pics) by TheTourist: 6:04pm On May 08, 2019
Banana Republic grin

3 Likes

Re: Female Traditionalists Protest In Delta Over Marginalisation By Chevron(pics) by Redoil: 6:04pm On May 08, 2019
Continue protesting let see where it will take u to

1 Like

Re: Female Traditionalists Protest In Delta Over Marginalisation By Chevron(pics) by decatalyst(m): 6:08pm On May 08, 2019
Quite barbaric!

When will Africa grow? sad
Re: Female Traditionalists Protest In Delta Over Marginalisation By Chevron(pics) by JubrinElSudan: 6:17pm On May 08, 2019
decatalyst:
Quite barbaric!

If it were to be our ancestors that conquered Europe and exported our African Traditional Religion to them, wouldn't this be the case everywhere?

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Female Traditionalists Protest In Delta Over Marginalisation By Chevron(pics) by bewla(m): 7:54pm On May 08, 2019
gister
Re: Female Traditionalists Protest In Delta Over Marginalisation By Chevron(pics) by Nobody: 7:54pm On May 08, 2019
grin grin let them do magic so the whole chevron structure dissappears

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Female Traditionalists Protest In Delta Over Marginalisation By Chevron(pics) by Judolisco(m): 7:57pm On May 08, 2019
Ask ancestors for money na dey want oil money grin
Re: Female Traditionalists Protest In Delta Over Marginalisation By Chevron(pics) by Olatunji1929: 7:57pm On May 08, 2019
abeg when is he going to fulfill his promise I wan see im testicle

Re: Female Traditionalists Protest In Delta Over Marginalisation By Chevron(pics) by Judolisco(m): 7:57pm On May 08, 2019
Ask ur oracle for money na dey want oil money grin
Re: Female Traditionalists Protest In Delta Over Marginalisation By Chevron(pics) by EyezofGod120: 7:59pm On May 08, 2019
shey all this babe go sweet for bed o
Re: Female Traditionalists Protest In Delta Over Marginalisation By Chevron(pics) by Famocious(m): 8:00pm On May 08, 2019
Awon goddess nah fe la oyel money grin cheesy

Chevron should please answer them biko grin
Re: Female Traditionalists Protest In Delta Over Marginalisation By Chevron(pics) by Mizwisdom(f): 8:00pm On May 08, 2019
What is my business? if you need books, contact me smiley
Re: Female Traditionalists Protest In Delta Over Marginalisation By Chevron(pics) by Richy4(m): 8:01pm On May 08, 2019
So Nigeria got this kind of people... and they couldn't use them to intimidate the Police or is it SARS....At least threatened to visit them at night even if it was an empty threat cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Female Traditionalists Protest In Delta Over Marginalisation By Chevron(pics) by Nobody: 8:01pm On May 08, 2019
So the issue is that Chevron trained some members of the community and made them back up staff, promising that after some years they will make them permanent staff, the time Chevron promised to make them permanent staff has passed yet Chevron has not fulfilled their promise, that's why they are protesting. These people work for Chevron even more than permanent staff yet they received peanut as back up staff.

Chevron even called the army to chase them away, I will try n get pictures later if I can.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Female Traditionalists Protest In Delta Over Marginalisation By Chevron(pics) by naijajobx: 8:04pm On May 08, 2019
Oh
Re: Female Traditionalists Protest In Delta Over Marginalisation By Chevron(pics) by Nobody: 8:05pm On May 08, 2019
decatalyst:
Quite barbaric!

You be mumu.
Inferiority kill you there.
You no dea see protest all over the world? ABI you no see the kind protest when dea organize against Macron recently for France?
Everyone with his tradition but only the African man look than on his thinking that by looking down on his tradition, he will start building plane and electric cars

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Female Traditionalists Protest In Delta Over Marginalisation By Chevron(pics) by Freeman59: 8:34pm On May 08, 2019
See as everywhere dirty. Nigeria!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Female Traditionalists Protest In Delta Over Marginalisation By Chevron(pics) by OtemAtum: 8:35pm On May 08, 2019
Richy4:
So Nigeria got this kind of people... and they couldn't use them to intimidate the Police or is it SARS....At least threatened to visit them at night even if it was an empty threat cheesy
They call it protest, not intimidation
Re: Female Traditionalists Protest In Delta Over Marginalisation By Chevron(pics) by Richy4(m): 8:53pm On May 08, 2019
OtemAtum:
They call it protest, not intimidation

What I said was... This priestesses can end police harassment by intimidating them or putting fear in them ... just read it again... slowly this time...
Re: Female Traditionalists Protest In Delta Over Marginalisation By Chevron(pics) by Creativebae(f): 8:55pm On May 08, 2019
angry grin grin the gods are angry
Re: Female Traditionalists Protest In Delta Over Marginalisation By Chevron(pics) by OtemAtum: 9:03pm On May 08, 2019
Richy4:

What I said was... This priestesses can end police harassment by intimidating them or putting fear in them ... just read it again... slowly this time...
But they don't look scary na. And BTW, if our traditionalist ancestors could not intimidate the white men who came to colonise us, I don't think they can intimidate the policemen who are armed to the teeth.

Science/Technology(guns, bombs) is superior to superstitions and juju.
Re: Female Traditionalists Protest In Delta Over Marginalisation By Chevron(pics) by banio: 9:03pm On May 08, 2019
tactius:

Go and ask your graduates, and your educated people as well as Abuja and your governor what they have been doing.?

Nigerians!

Modified...

I read an article in the Nigerian Guardian(back in 2000) about a guy from Imo state. Back when he graduated, he was lucky to get a job with an oil company. When he noticed that his people were begging him for job with oil company....he started what I would call a 'job production scheme' in his village..to empower people with skills, and the focus was on agriculture

By the time the article was written, the scheme had created lots of jobs and empowered people in the village. No one apparently was begging the man for oil company job again.

Oil company can employ millions. But they convinced the government and elders that outsourcing is the best. 99% of workers are casualties abi casual

2 Likes

Re: Female Traditionalists Protest In Delta Over Marginalisation By Chevron(pics) by banio: 9:03pm On May 08, 2019
tactius:

Nigerians!

Modified...

Oil companies can employ millions. But they convinced the government and elders that outsourcing is the best. 99% of workers are casualties abi casual

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Female Traditionalists Protest In Delta Over Marginalisation By Chevron(pics) by Nobody: 9:11pm On May 08, 2019
banio:

Oil companies can employ millions. But they convinced the government and elders that outsourcing is the best. 99% of workers are casualties abi casual

If they employ millions as you talk. In what position will they be working. Are you saying that they should just employ for it sake

2 Likes

Re: Female Traditionalists Protest In Delta Over Marginalisation By Chevron(pics) by Richy4(m): 9:12pm On May 08, 2019
OtemAtum:
But they don't look scary na. And BTW, if our traditionalist ancestors could not intimidate the white men who came to colonise us, I don't think they can intimidate the policemen who are armed to the teeth.

Science/Technology(guns, bombs) is superior to superstitions and juju.

U know most Africans believed in something despite the technology and Science ... Only one threat like.... I will see u @ night or wait for me @ 2am.. could go a long way to put a fear of the unknown in them smiley
Re: Female Traditionalists Protest In Delta Over Marginalisation By Chevron(pics) by Nobody: 9:12pm On May 08, 2019
Can't you guys just build your own oil company
Re: Female Traditionalists Protest In Delta Over Marginalisation By Chevron(pics) by Nobody: 9:18pm On May 08, 2019
tactius:

Nigerians!

Modified...

Gbam

(1) (2) (Reply)

El-Rufai: FG Slowing Down Efforts Of North-West Governors To End Banditry / Pictures From Sanwo Olu Apc Mega Rally, Campus Square Lagos. Pictures. / Rerun Election: Saraki Reacts To Tambuwal, Ortom’s Victory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.