Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:22 AM

Investing In Salad Cream Production In Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Investing In Salad Cream Production In Nigeria (1982 Views)

Ice Cream Production (no Machine Needed) / All About Soap, Detergent And Hair Cream Production. Finally Revealed! / Seminar On Soap And Hair Cream Production (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Investing In Salad Cream Production In Nigeria by RoughCut(m): 10:07am On May 03, 2007
Phew check this link for the full gist --> www.businessdayonline.com/?c=50&a=12902.

I wonder why nobody has thought about this before now. Views welcome on this business lead.
Re: Investing In Salad Cream Production In Nigeria by naijacutee(f): 11:04am On May 03, 2007
Wow! What an interesting article! In addition to that, the author left his contact details at the end. . . I think this might interest some business-minded Nigerians!
Re: Investing In Salad Cream Production In Nigeria by RoughCut(m): 11:28am On May 03, 2007
Wont be too surprised when i next i visit naija and there are salad cream factories all over the place which is not a bad thing itself it means no more importation of salad cream but then are we able to keep up the quality if we ever get to that stage so that someone can explore the export market potentials to our african neighbours
Re: Investing In Salad Cream Production In Nigeria by naijacutee(f): 1:01pm On May 03, 2007
Exactly. All it takes is someone brave to test the waters and once others see the profitability, they will follow suit. Just like what happened with pure-water. However, if there is a big market for it, as indicated then that would be great. The only thing I'm worried about is like you said, if Nigerian Production Companies ready to keep the prices low without compromising the standard and provide a level field for both large food outlets and the average Nigerian. The price of =N= 180 sounds quite feasible to me. How much do Heinz salad cream and the rest cost in Lagos?
Re: Investing In Salad Cream Production In Nigeria by RoughCut(m): 1:34pm On May 03, 2007
@naijacutee
Not sure becos i`m not in naija but its something one can find out. I think the writer of the article will be a good source of research and info to come up with a business plan that`s worth the paper its written on. I will try and sound out the writer and find out what he`s up to. One of the advantages of living in Europe or elsewhere is you always have access to finance/funds so a joint venture or partnership is not completely out of the question. The article sounds interesting and worthy of further enquiries
Re: Investing In Salad Cream Production In Nigeria by Seun(m): 1:37pm On May 03, 2007
You guys are forgetting one tiny little detail. Many Nigerians don't eat salad!! That is the primary thing that counts!
Re: Investing In Salad Cream Production In Nigeria by DisGuy: 1:43pm On May 03, 2007
according to the article many nigerians eat salad!

and even if they dont they'll start eating it salad cream with every other thing, salad cream with chips, bread rice and basically anything just like ketchup cheesy

burger sauce will sell as well all depending on marketing. If there isno market for it you create one wink
Re: Investing In Salad Cream Production In Nigeria by RoughCut(m): 1:46pm On May 03, 2007
@seun u r very correct but what about those who eat salad and why do u think i`m necessarily looking at the nigerian market alone? There`s something called tunnel-vision you need to be able to project into the future and we are talking about looking beyond one`s immediate horizon. The question you got to ask yourself is is there a market or is there a gap you can fill? and once that`s sorted you are on your way

A starting point will be to try and research into how much is spent on importing salad cream into Nigeria and if you realise we are spending a disproportionate amount on something that can be sourced locally then what`s stopping you?

It`s all about potentials and how these can be harnessed and exploited. Good thing is the raw materials are all over the place so aggro with regards to sourcing your product
Re: Investing In Salad Cream Production In Nigeria by RoughCut(m): 1:48pm On May 03, 2007
@ Dis Guy i think you have just made exactly my point and in not so many words
Re: Investing In Salad Cream Production In Nigeria by RoughCut(m): 1:58pm On May 03, 2007
@seun have you actually taken into consideration how much salad cream all the posh hotels restaurants and eateries in a big city will be consuming on a regular basis? Have you thought about the supermarket chains and all the distributors of imported salad cream in nigeria. Your imagination is as far as your eyes can see.
Re: Investing In Salad Cream Production In Nigeria by naijacutee(f): 2:01pm On May 03, 2007
With a population of 150 million, if only 1 in 10 Nigerians ate salad, that still results in a 1.5 million-people-strong market not counting food outlets. Besides, a health campaign-like ad pointing out the importance of a balanced diet to the average Nigerian human being would not only empower people with the knowledge to look after their bodies but also offer a way to make your veggies more appealing (without breaking the bank) !
Re: Investing In Salad Cream Production In Nigeria by RoughCut(m): 2:04pm On May 03, 2007
I mean come to think of it why should we as a nation be importing something like tomato ketchup or salad cream for that matter? but then we are the 6th largest producer of crude oil in the world inside OPEC and yet we are always inundated with images of never-ending  queues for petrol in naija. This is symptomatic of a society that mismanages her God-given natural resources
Re: Investing In Salad Cream Production In Nigeria by RoughCut(m): 2:05pm On May 03, 2007
@naijacutee there u go , need i say more?
Re: Investing In Salad Cream Production In Nigeria by taj: 9:15pm On May 04, 2007
You guys are forgetting one tiny little detail. Many Nigerians don't eat salad!! That is the primary thing that counts!

@ seun I do not agree with you.
Nigerians eat salad. I know at every party then (& still today) they make trays of salad. And the last time I checked at the eateries they still served salad. Nigerians eat thier salad with rice and it is prepared differently from the W/ern way. We are not talking about Lettuce and ranch ot water leaves they eat. This is naija Salad! therefore salad cream will sell.
Re: Investing In Salad Cream Production In Nigeria by Seun(m): 10:19pm On May 04, 2007
Hmmm. Are you sure that the posh people that care about salad would want to buy a Nigerian salad cream?
Re: Investing In Salad Cream Production In Nigeria by RoughCut(m): 12:41pm On May 05, 2007
@seun

That is what market research is all about. What segment of the market do u want to target and how best can you satisfy the tastes and preferences of the group you are targeting and of course it goes without saying you have make quality your watchword

(1) (Reply)

Any Business Opportunity For A Would Be Entrepreneur? / CAC Registration For Charitable Organisation / Setting An Lpg Bottling Mini-plant In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.