Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,396 members, 7,861,109 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 12:44 AM

Senate Confirms Abike Dabiri-Erewa As Chairman Of Nigerian Diaspora Commission - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Confirms Abike Dabiri-Erewa As Chairman Of Nigerian Diaspora Commission (12464 Views)

Simon Ekpa Appoints Anirejou Josephine Erewa As Minister Of Niger Delta Affair / Nigeria Diaspora Commission Reacts To Renewed Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa / Mrs Abike Dabiri-erewa Reacts To Alleged Invasion Of Dakolo’s Residence (pixs) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Confirms Abike Dabiri-Erewa As Chairman Of Nigerian Diaspora Commission by Akolawole(m): 5:02pm On May 09, 2019
johndoexxx:

Lets see who she will lead when 70% of Nigerians abroad are Biafrans.

70% are Ndigbo. Waoh!
Re: Senate Confirms Abike Dabiri-Erewa As Chairman Of Nigerian Diaspora Commission by BuhariAdvocate: 5:23pm On May 09, 2019
Very hardworking woman Tinubu is a visionary leader .God bless president Buhari.
Re: Senate Confirms Abike Dabiri-Erewa As Chairman Of Nigerian Diaspora Commission by Nobody: 5:27pm On May 09, 2019
The same woman that facilitated the release of nigerian northerners in Saudi by lie in that they were implicated ??
Re: Senate Confirms Abike Dabiri-Erewa As Chairman Of Nigerian Diaspora Commission by Afonja007: 5:40pm On May 09, 2019
these woman that will not call afonja crminials out but she was quick to mention igbo dubai robbers names i hate her with passion,now they fooled others nigerians not me that hausa girl that was caught in saudi with tramadol was framed up angry angry angry angry angrywho believed that story need to be fed to the vultures
Re: Senate Confirms Abike Dabiri-Erewa As Chairman Of Nigerian Diaspora Commission by etrouble: 5:49pm On May 09, 2019
johndoexxx:
This afonja bigot. The problem with afonjas is they naturally support evil. Look at them above congratulating her. Lets see who she will lead when 70% of Nigerians abroad are Biafrans.

callthefred below me, a sensible one!

Abike is not planning to lead drug pushers and fraudsters from Biafra.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate Confirms Abike Dabiri-Erewa As Chairman Of Nigerian Diaspora Commission by Nobody: 6:07pm On May 09, 2019
Why does every law we make in Nigeria always results in the creation of a new government agency?. Most of these functions can be effectively carried out by just 2 or 3 people in one room under a ministry or president's office.

No wonder we continue to have capital expenditure of 18% of the budget.
Re: Senate Confirms Abike Dabiri-Erewa As Chairman Of Nigerian Diaspora Commission by Rule4God(m): 6:46pm On May 09, 2019
I keep wondering the kind of country we have & our wishes.
How on earth did our NASS screened & found Dabiri qualified for any international or even national position? I wish they can leave all national abuse for executive alone who chose to overwhelm themselves with none thinkers because for me, she's not qualify to lead in any position as long as she can't control her tongue.
I'm disappointed in this NASS again!
Re: Senate Confirms Abike Dabiri-Erewa As Chairman Of Nigerian Diaspora Commission by DeRay98(m): 6:47pm On May 09, 2019
callthefred:
As a fellow Yoruba person (before I get bashed) I don't think she deserves this. She's too partisan and also I haven't seen major achievement since she's been adviser on diaspora. This is someone who has in past bashed disaporans open for criticising the President. If noise making and issue press statement is what makes "fellow Nairalanders" believes she deserves this, then I have to say our taste and understanding for round peg in round holes is worrisome. I believe she would do better as a media adviser to the President. Probably a suitable replacement for Garba Shehu.

Na bad belle dey worry you.
Re: Senate Confirms Abike Dabiri-Erewa As Chairman Of Nigerian Diaspora Commission by Rule4God(m): 6:52pm On May 09, 2019
Even looking at her personality, she's too ugly with wide mouth.
Well, it's not her fault that we're in this mess.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate Confirms Abike Dabiri-Erewa As Chairman Of Nigerian Diaspora Commission by Richy4(m): 8:51pm On May 09, 2019
I don't even understand what the position entails that a foreign affairs minister cannot handle... She is qualified and had helped done a lot of damage control created by Nigerians... Why not just appoint her as foreign affairs minister...and save money that is not even available in Nigeria by creating a similar role...

2 Likes

Re: Senate Confirms Abike Dabiri-Erewa As Chairman Of Nigerian Diaspora Commission by mechanics(m): 9:18pm On May 09, 2019
She's a lucky woman, she has been part of them, so it was easy for her to get that post, congrats to her.
Re: Senate Confirms Abike Dabiri-Erewa As Chairman Of Nigerian Diaspora Commission by pavoda: 10:08pm On May 09, 2019
Your children will be welcome visitors grin
VillagePipu:

Obiano is building a prison for children in Igboland.

Guess who would occupy it?
Re: Senate Confirms Abike Dabiri-Erewa As Chairman Of Nigerian Diaspora Commission by godlyguy(m): 12:36am On May 10, 2019
Re: Senate Confirms Abike Dabiri-Erewa As Chairman Of Nigerian Diaspora Commission by enemyofprogress: 2:13am On May 10, 2019
She go dey very dull in bed without any fine ringtones
Re: Senate Confirms Abike Dabiri-Erewa As Chairman Of Nigerian Diaspora Commission by 9jaRealist: 2:37am On May 10, 2019
Hedonini:
Yet another 'commission' of wastage, corruption, and foolishness. What kind of country is this?

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

While I like this woman personally as an advocate, Nigeria already has a Ministry of Foreign Affairs and over 100 embassies and consulates abroad, so why do we a so-called Diaspora Commission? Why do we just keep expanding redundant government, by creating more and more commissions and MDAs? Yesterday, it was North East Development Commission, today it is Diaspora Commission, tomorrow who knows. Haba!!

Each new commission or MDA comes with new offices, new housing, new cars, new computers, new staff, new furniture, new commissioners enjoying official car, official housing/housing allowance, estacode, travel allowances, out-of-station allowances, even new calendars, diaries, etc., etc. Little wonder then that almost 80% of federal government's budget goes to recurrent expenditure to sustain the federal civil/public service (who constitute less than 1% of the est. Nigerian population) while very little left over for CAPITAL spending, including physical and social infrastructure (education, healthcare, etc.) that spurs economic and social development for the remaining 99% of the population.

1 Like

Re: Senate Confirms Abike Dabiri-Erewa As Chairman Of Nigerian Diaspora Commission by Saintabey: 5:38am On May 10, 2019
Let her resign her appointment as Special Adviser to President before she chair the new commission. Will this commission generate revenue for government or they will spend government money.
Re: Senate Confirms Abike Dabiri-Erewa As Chairman Of Nigerian Diaspora Commission by Alejobs: 9:37am On Jun 21, 2019
What can we do without reliable power really? We don't deserve this heat!

(1) (2) (Reply)

2021 Budget: NERC Seeks N2bn For HQ Partitioning, Furniture / Reps Passes Motion To Extend Rail Rracks to Lekki FTZ, Dangote Refinery / 47 Companies Bid For World Bank’s 1.25m Meters Worth $155m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.