Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,681 members, 7,820,386 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:02 PM

NLNG Organizes List Of 120 Workers To Be Sacked - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / NLNG Organizes List Of 120 Workers To Be Sacked (21113 Views)

FG Workers To Start Receiving January Salary – AGF / Jumia Sacks 900 Workers To Reduce Cost Of Operation / Babs Omotowa: The Public School Teacher Who Became CEO Of NLNG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NLNG Organizes List Of 120 Workers To Be Sacked by Nobody: 9:37am On May 12, 2019
Jiang:

Thats why i see delay in employment as a blessing, it will allow you to set up something for urself & expand slowly. To d extent even when you get a job, the salary will just be part of liquidified current assets to be invested in ur business for increased profitability

Exactly. If you're able to earn money on your own, either from a business, a hustle, or a marketable skill/service, then you're truly ready for life. I see most workers who can't even feed if their salaries are not paid or if they find themselves out of job, and I can't help but pity them.

One has to buckle up. There's a lot to learn from these street guys and girls who go out there in the real world and make something out of nothing, all by themselves.

1 Like

Re: NLNG Organizes List Of 120 Workers To Be Sacked by sapientia(m): 9:44am On May 12, 2019
You sack them.

Ask them to reapply.

Are they not Nigerians?

So you need people in same positions and yet want to sack people.

No matter the explanation.

This is bad news for Nigeria.
Re: NLNG Organizes List Of 120 Workers To Be Sacked by Alanpoza007: 10:02am On May 12, 2019
Chimaxguy:
Hello nairlanders pls I need ur help.
I got 278 in my Jamb and I had applied for Medlab at Unizik at first.
P.S dat was at the point of registration.
Now I want to change my course to Medicine/Pharmacy at Unilag/Unizik. I'm frm Imo state and I got 1A, 2Bs & 2Cs in my Waec result last year 2018. And I will 17yrs by 20th this month.
Pls advice me on what step to take cause I don't want to stay at home again.

Pls help me nairalanders I seriously need ur advice now on which sch to change to.
Don't make the mistake of jumping into something and get yourself stranded. Medicine in Unilag particularly will need you to score more than that 278 and better O'Level than what you have, especially as I want to believe you're not from any South-Western state that belong to the catchment area of Unilag. You'll need to score over 80% in Unizik Post utme to stand a chance for Medicine with your Utme score and it's not even guaranteed cos there will be much more than will score more than you, with limited slots available, and if you don't have connections too. I don't know why you'd prefer Pharmacy over MedLab, depends on preference though. My advise, stay with Medlab in Unizik and prepare very hard for your Post UTME. It's a professional course too with good career progression though not like Medicine though.

1 Like

Re: NLNG Organizes List Of 120 Workers To Be Sacked by lonelydora: 10:05am On May 12, 2019
BareFacedLies:
This could lead to suicide amongst the workers if the were not well prepared for the lay off

No NLNG worker suffers even when sacked.
Re: NLNG Organizes List Of 120 Workers To Be Sacked by airsaylongcon: 10:13am On May 12, 2019
Kai! So Nat is an assassin in the business?
Re: NLNG Organizes List Of 120 Workers To Be Sacked by rusher14: 10:22am On May 12, 2019
baliyubla:
For those still shouting sai Buhari, the hunger, pain and anguish must get to your door steps and that of your families.

Heart goes out to these ones that have lost their jobs, and the million others that have had to endure such painful faith under the Lifeless bigot.

Sai Buhari.
Re: NLNG Organizes List Of 120 Workers To Be Sacked by airsaylongcon: 10:24am On May 12, 2019
trevormide:
Sack 120 staffs who were employed based on merit

Then secretly employ 150 based on nepotism, favouritism and government connection

The truth is NLNG wants to hire people connected to the federal government but there's no space for them. The option is to sack people and create space so that they can fill with the new people

Who cursed Nigeria?

Lol... NLNG cannot hire like that. Trust me.
Re: NLNG Organizes List Of 120 Workers To Be Sacked by Elgeelistic: 10:24am On May 12, 2019
Hedonini:

For sure they would get "maaaaaaad benefits", but it would all amount to nothing. You think investing or doing business is easy? Even if they get paid off with N200m each, most of them would fritter it away on bad investment, bad judgement, lifestyle etc. You think it is easy to be self-employed?

That's why I give kudos to solo operators in the street. Most salary earners are clueless when they find themselves out of job, even with loads of cash to play with. They soon end up in poverty.

If they fritter away whose fault?

The truth is that the country has no viable structure for legitimate business survival.
Re: NLNG Organizes List Of 120 Workers To Be Sacked by airsaylongcon: 10:28am On May 12, 2019
RTSC:

If a company as lucrative as the NLNG is laying off workers, imagine what is happening in other smaller corporations and businesses. ?

By the time buhari is done with his 8 years, we will need an absolute genius to rescue the country.

NLNG isnt laying of staff cos of financial challenges o. This to me looks like they want to get rid of the heavy top. Probably need to get rid of certain very specific people but others suffer collateral damage so it doesn't look targeted. Most likely would have offered them early retirement and dem no take.
Re: NLNG Organizes List Of 120 Workers To Be Sacked by Reference(m): 10:36am On May 12, 2019
hope4life:
I think something is wrong somewhere. In my many years of residing in Bonny where LNG company is domiciled, I have never heard of any sack or retrenchment. The only thing they do is cross-posting.This news may not be true anyway.And if it's true majority of them would not even feel the impact as such.No Nigerian company is as rich as LNG.

Apple, the most valuable company in the world (I think) have laid off people in the past and will do so when necessary. If the NLNG hasn't in this volatile extractive industry regime then it is not a company but a charity. It is not an achievement but a sign of mismanagement. Another reason why Nigeria gains scant little from its natural resources.
Re: NLNG Organizes List Of 120 Workers To Be Sacked by airsaylongcon: 10:37am On May 12, 2019
capitalzero:
most likely contract staff or non-technical staff like teachers in staff school.

Nat Obioha is too highly placed to be dealing with contract staff.

Teachers had been turned to contract staff long ago

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NLNG Organizes List Of 120 Workers To Be Sacked by Nostradamus: 10:41am On May 12, 2019
aljharem:

Wicked country
this country is a disgrace to the human race. You'd be surprised those 120 will be laid off just to give room for a fresh set that will be employed not on merit but on nepotism.if NLNG want to take this path,i just hope it won't end up like the nigerian state.

1 Like

Re: NLNG Organizes List Of 120 Workers To Be Sacked by capitalzero: 11:38am On May 12, 2019
airsaylongcon:

Nat Obioha is too highly placed to be dealing with contract staff.

Teachers had been turned to contract staff long ago

when was that?
which group of staff are we talking about then? admin staff? I do not think nlng can lay off experienced technical staff.
Re: NLNG Organizes List Of 120 Workers To Be Sacked by airsaylongcon: 11:47am On May 12, 2019
capitalzero:

when was that?
which group of staff are we talking about then? admin staff? I do not think nlng can lay off experienced technical staff.

Teachers had long ago been converted. 120 is 10% of the workforce. That's a lot
Re: NLNG Organizes List Of 120 Workers To Be Sacked by Nobody: 12:25pm On May 12, 2019
Wow this is serious o.....
Why can't they allow one have a job and be in peace. This is why I believe in Freelancing and freelancing alone. As a freelancer, you're your own boss and nobody will be sacking you anyhow. And you will have rest of mind. If you'll like to Gather freelancing skills and get started as a freelancer, check my signature
Re: NLNG Organizes List Of 120 Workers To Be Sacked by xcuggsm(m): 12:34pm On May 12, 2019
trevormide:
Sack 120 staffs who were employed based on merit

Then secretly employ 150 based on nepotism, favouritism and government connection

The truth is NLNG wants to hire people connected to the federal government but there's no space for them. The option is to sack people and create space so that they can fill with the new people

Who cursed Nigeria?
NLNG has already lost its professionalism since APC came into power and started infilterating the establishment with incompetent and unqualified staff.
I do business with them and I tell you bro, that if you read some of the emails and invitation to quote for contracts coming out from the new people there, you will not help but wonder how they even got the jobs in the first place
So I guess the proposed sack of staff is just an excercise to get rid of the disgruntled old staff who have been displaced in their job by the incompetent ones who were employed on the basis of nepotism, favouritism and government connection

NEXT LEVEL UNLOADING!!
Re: NLNG Organizes List Of 120 Workers To Be Sacked by 1stGenius(m): 3:23pm On May 12, 2019
Can any one help me with Nigeria Customs and Fire Service past questions and answers for free?
Email:okorojohndarlington@gmail.com
Re: NLNG Organizes List Of 120 Workers To Be Sacked by airsaylongcon: 3:35pm On May 12, 2019
xcuggsm:
NLNG has already lost its professionalism since APC came into power and started infilterating the establishment with incompetent and unqualified staff.
I do business with them and I tell you bro, that if you read some of the emails and invitation to quote for contracts coming out from the new people there, you will not help but wonder how they even got the jobs in the first place
So I guess the proposed sack of staff is just an excercise to get rid of the disgruntled old staff who have been displaced in their job by the incompetent ones who were employed on the basis of nepotism, favouritism and government connection

NEXT LEVEL UNLOADING!!

I don't agree with your assertion and insinuation that the quality of recruited staff has dropped. Nah nah nah.
I also disagree that the proposed sack is to get rid of disgruntled old staff. The business has almost 1200 employees with over 80% of them old staff. So sacking 10% of the staff strength won't do any damage to old staff
Re: NLNG Organizes List Of 120 Workers To Be Sacked by Alejobs: 9:32pm On Jun 16, 2019
If you don't forgive, you give the past the opportunity it needs to keep you away from the future you desire

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Government Work Is Not Worth It After All / What Made You Resign From A Job? / Can An Art Student With D7 In Maths Be Admitted Into Any Nigerian Uni/poly Etc.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.