Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,197 members, 7,811,516 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:32 PM

What Made You Resign From A Job? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Made You Resign From A Job? (21079 Views)

Why Do Narcissist Get Angry When You Decide To Resign From Their Company / Should I Resign From This Job? Pls Help Me / Can A Soldier Resign From The Force? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Made You Resign From A Job? by dosage150(m): 1:43pm On Feb 25, 2021
Sorry for the long story

I couldn't take it any longer I had to resign on 14th February, 2021 over the hurtful words of my MD.

I manage his filling station and building materials warehouse.

I really came to work with all my heart, I run the place as if its my own business that my landlord once asked me if its my dad's business.

I wake 5am everyday to set up the station at exactly 6am and closes 9pm .
There's no sales boy/girl in the warehouse beside the station, am the one selling the building materials, yet under the salary of manager of the station.

He pays me 33k which I don't mind, yet there's nothing I will ever do that will be good in his sight
He seems to hate me.
Any Lil mistake of mine, he calls me "idiot, I didn't go to school, am foolish, that he allowed me to be here because he doesn't have chance, that I add no value to the company, money he pays me is waste to him"

These words makes me feel worthless, I cry most a times in the office.
I handle millions of his money, none misses #5 for a day. He once called an auditor for me because he doesn't trust the account I give him monthly, yet no fund was missing.

After work on January, 2021, I paid other staffs on 3rd of February.
He pays me directly, and pays me whenever he likes.
I waited till 13th of February, I had to call him to know if did anything wrong and why delaying my salary. He hung up the call.

On 14th of February, I took the money through the Cashier, tendered my resignation letter and left the company.
The cashier made it known to him, he called me on phone and started shouting at me saying "why am I rushing money like this, that am foolish and very stupid, he had small regard for me before but now he knows am worthless, that he will never forgive me for this act". Without knowing that I have left the company already.

The next day, he paid me through my account same 33k.
I had to return the 33k I collected from cashier.

100 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by Jashub: 2:06pm On Feb 25, 2021
Sorry to hear that bro. But let me give you this piece of advise:

1. Never think of a job as a long term thing ; rather look at it as a way to add value to yourself and promote your own plans in business.

2. Always go for jobs that make you happy and fulfilled. And never settle for a harsh working environment that does not appreciate your effort and talent

3. Start preparing yourself to learn a high-income skills that will free you from the shackles of a 9-5 job

148 Likes 7 Shares

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by Pochettino(f): 2:25pm On Feb 25, 2021
I asked him if I could sit on his face.

42 Likes

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by Preciousify(f): 3:52pm On Feb 25, 2021
I have been in that situation before.

I was paid 30k as a graduate. I didn't mind.
Tax was deducted from that peanut, dispenser water we drink in the office was deducted from the salary and a complusory 1k was deducted for welfare.

I usually close between 7pm and 9pm, waiting for the MD to go so I could lock up and go with the keys to the office.
7am, I am already at work to open the door for the cleaner to work.

I endured all these because my house was not far, I could trek or bike #100 to my house.

Then you face all sort of insults from the MD at any slightest mistake.

I got fed up, submitted my resignation letter. Then, they wanted to increase my salary, I told them my mind was made up already.

That was how I left.

It's very annoying how sole owners of companies treat their employees.

132 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by thatthickgurl(f): 4:27pm On Feb 25, 2021
I admire the courage to leave.

The reason I might have to leave my job as a customer care rep is because of the insults I get daily from rude customers.

We need to do better as humans

92 Likes

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by Akalia(m): 6:35pm On Feb 25, 2021
Pochettino:
You were rather sacked unlike the OP that voluntarily resigned. You derseved the sack though. grin

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by femmyAdagba(m): 6:51pm On Feb 25, 2021
thats serious and inhuman
God will provide a better offer in Jesus Name.

Preciousify:

Tax was deducted from that peanut, dispenser water we drink in the office was deducted from the salary and a complusory 1k was deducted for welfare.

I usually close between 7pm and 9pm, waiting for the MD to go so I could lock up and go with the keys to the office.

I endured all these because my house was not far, I could trek or bike #100 to my house.

Then you face all sort of insults from the MD at any slighted mistake.

I got fed up, submitted my resignation letter. Then, they wanted to increase my salary, I told them my mind was made up already.

That was how I left.

18 Likes

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by BigDawsNet: 6:53pm On Feb 25, 2021
Work as a server in a restaurant in LA

had to quit because I gotta focus on my career IT..

it was cool experience with extra tips income

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by dosage150(m): 7:59pm On Feb 25, 2021
Jashub:
Sorry to hear that bro. But let me give you this piece of advise:

1. Never think of a job as a long term thing ; rather look at it as a way to add value to yourself and promote your own plans in business.

2. Always go for jobs that make you happy and fulfilled. And never settle for a harsh working environment that does not appreciate your effort and talent

3. Be preparing yourself to start investing in yourself high-income skills

thanks so much bro, made lilttle savings, planning for further, happiness is the key

9 Likes

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by dosage150(m): 8:03pm On Feb 25, 2021
Preciousify:

Then you face all sort of insults from the MD at any slighted mistake.

That was how I left.

Dear, i really wonder why employers treat their staff as trash because they earn a living through them, i made the story short, still have lots i would have shared, but am good and happy now than before

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by dosage150(m): 8:06pm On Feb 25, 2021
thatthickgurl:
I admire the courage to leave.

The reason I might have to leave my job as a customer care rep is because of the insults I get daily from rude customers.

We need to do better as humans
Honestly, it hurts, he never called, though his wife called and i told her am done with the work, and am ok
started my new job on monday still hoping on starting up a business

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by Octopusbottle(m): 9:15pm On Feb 25, 2021
Pochettino:

So u re dat famous aunty dat want to suffocate her boss by sitting on his face...lol

4 Likes

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by Octopusbottle(m): 9:20pm On Feb 25, 2021
Am considering resigning from my place of work as a result of the terrible stress,Monday - Sunday and wen I got my employment letter na only logistics I dey do, ryt now I have subheading job logistics+Inventory+Admin .All dis job for one salary

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by BUSHHUNTER: 9:29pm On Feb 25, 2021
Pay was good but too much temptation.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by generationz(f): 9:35pm On Feb 25, 2021
I know the major reasons will be being overworked and underpaid. cry

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by dosage150(m): 9:42pm On Feb 25, 2021
Octopusbottle:
Am considering resigning from my place of work as a result of the terrible stress,Monday - Sunday and wen I got my employment letter na only logistics I dey do, ryt now I have subheading job logistics+Inventory+Admin .All dis job for one salary
Thats how they do, the job description is totally different from the actual job

7 Likes

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by Johnchrix(m): 9:44pm On Feb 25, 2021
Contract was over, I now run my business

14 Likes

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by Draslo(m): 11:24pm On Feb 25, 2021
Too many loose ends. Office vaginas that cannot be unfucked. The drama can literarily drive you insane. Plus at the time my account balance dey give me top notch confidence.

7 Likes

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by HarunaWest(m): 5:35am On Feb 26, 2021
Mine ain't too far fetched from the OP's story.
Had a corky boss..Someone that had anger issues.
I realized that if I didn't resign on time ,na 2 fighting go end. Moreover, I wasn't enjoying the job.
I just went home on a Friday and never returned. The kolo man sef no call me. He got the message.

63 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by dosage150(m): 8:16am On Feb 26, 2021
Johnchrix:
Contract was over, I now run my business

can't wait to start my own business too
Happy for you
wish you all the best

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by dosage150(m): 8:19am On Feb 26, 2021
HarunaWest:
Mine ain't too far fetched from the OP's story.
Had a corky boss..Someone that had anger issues.
I realized that if I didn't resign on time ,na 2 fighting go end. Moreover, I wasn't enjoying the job.
I just went home on a Friday and never returned. The kolo man sef no call me. He got the message.

Laughs, it well bro, I believe you are doing well now

3 Likes

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by HarunaWest(m): 8:20am On Feb 26, 2021
dosage150:

Laughs, it well bro, I believe you are doing well now
Heheheh very well oo..The job is demanding, but the pay is bae grin

4 Likes

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by dosage150(m): 10:06am On Feb 26, 2021
HarunaWest:

My former job is quite demanding and time taking, As a young man in his early twenties, I don't really care because I have a target and won't work under someone forever, had it been my boss gives me peace of mind, I won't mind still working there till I achieve my dream ,

6 Likes

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by dosage150(m): 10:06am On Feb 26, 2021
HarunaWest:
Wish you all the best bro
Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by goodradiance(m): 10:09am On Feb 26, 2021
Nothing,am still there grin

2 Likes

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by OfficialGaGa(m): 10:09am On Feb 26, 2021
hmmmm.... I never resign oh... cuz how I wan take resign from work wen I nor get.... person go get work first before e resign na....
but on a serious note some employers are wicked like their father the Devil...
make God help us to get work wen Dem go appreciate ur work n effort... not because of the salary alone...

BTW, na lagos naim yeye wicked employers/work full pass...

OfficialGaGa

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by NiRfreak(m): 10:09am On Feb 26, 2021
Most people never resign from Job for here....No be person wey geh job dey resign?....
The most reason people resign is when they get better offer....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by femijay8271(m): 10:09am On Feb 26, 2021
I resigned from my restaurant job because of the MD
the woman go want make you do extra jab without paying you pelu Insults lorishirishi. Naso I para for her one day without looking at the grave outcome because this woman na bloody Olowo with confirm connection with big-big men Dem around Victoria Island. I para for her at nite for workplace before morning reach I don japa way make she no con disgrace me for daytime.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:09am On Feb 26, 2021
#BeYourOwnBoss.

Entrepreneur is Bae mehn!

On a lighter note......

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by ACRI: 10:09am On Feb 26, 2021
My first job in the private sector was exciting and interesting but poor remuneration in a very costly city.

They ll overwork you and pay you poorly.

I resigned. It took almost a year before I got another but I busied myself with consultancies.

9 Likes

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by Kobicove(m): 10:09am On Feb 26, 2021
OP you were right to resign.

Being an employee does not make you a slave! undecided

4 Likes

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by Yewandequeen(f): 10:10am On Feb 26, 2021
grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Can An Art Student With D7 In Maths Be Admitted Into Any Nigerian Uni/poly Etc. / Alhaji Dangote: Please Come To The Aid Of Your Staff Members In DISC, Osogbo. / Car Operator Returns N888,000, Passport To Passenger At Lagos Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.