Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,512 members, 7,826,942 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:57 PM

Do Not Resist Arrest Even If Illegal - Nigeria Police Warn Nigerians - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Do Not Resist Arrest Even If Illegal - Nigeria Police Warn Nigerians (22693 Views)

Man Goes Unclad To Resist Arrest By LASTMA Officials In Lagos. His Boxers Seized / Kill A Python, Go To Jail, Zoo Manager Warn Nigerians / Borno Sex Worker Humiliated By Security Operatives While Trying To Resist Arrest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Not Resist Arrest Even If Illegal - Nigeria Police Warn Nigerians by abbey621(m): 11:26pm On May 13, 2019
SOFTENGR:

Imagine a scenario where a man or a lady is walking alone, only to see some men in tattered cloths come down from a danfo bus and order him/her to come in. If you were the victim, what would you do? What would come to the mind of a normal person is to take off.
That's the situation we face now.
The polite thing to do as a police officer is to properly introduce yourself and allow the "suspect" to call his family to inform them of his arrest. Then he would feel safe and comply. This is what is lacking in the approach of those poorly trained men.
Most "suspects" resist arrest when they feel they are being kidnapped rather than being arrested.

8/10 times, a police officer in Nigeria is easily identifiable. Even with the scenario that you posted, you better be a damn good runner or very physical because if the officer shoots, you're likely to die than escape. Most of the time, these police officers are nothing but hungry, frustrated souls, you'll be surprised what 500 Naira can do especially when you've done nothing wrong. You have a point tho, they are poorly trained but personally for me since I'm not a runner, I'd rather part with small change than to argue. I treat police the same way I treat armed robbers!

2 Likes

Re: Do Not Resist Arrest Even If Illegal - Nigeria Police Warn Nigerians by Rolly22(m): 11:39pm On May 13, 2019
Reelmii:
politely ask wat....

that is if u even have the chance to be polite talk more of asking
Lwkmd, them go Don use slap slap close your mouth.
Re: Do Not Resist Arrest Even If Illegal - Nigeria Police Warn Nigerians by litaninja(m): 11:59pm On May 13, 2019
Lol. Best police in the world.
Allow them to arrest you illegally....��

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do Not Resist Arrest Even If Illegal - Nigeria Police Warn Nigerians by adaoshi(m): 12:33am On May 14, 2019
Simple rules to follow that may safe your life.
You are arguing
We all know the truth but choose to look the other side.
Those who have resisted or have an encounter with them are either dead or main for life and are regretting

BE WISE
Re: Do Not Resist Arrest Even If Illegal - Nigeria Police Warn Nigerians by Benwems(m): 12:46am On May 14, 2019
Nbote:
In other words d Police authorities are simply telling Nigerians to do wateva d Police asks dem to do wen dey oppress us.
Wen dey stop U on d road and ask for "cola " it's illegal but do not resist.
Wen dey tag U a Yahoo boy and ask for ur atm it's illegal but do not resist.
Wen dey start molesting U on d road for asking questions like "Wetin I Do" , Its illegal but do not resist.
D Police authorities are jus not helping matters at all.. Anarchy here we come
This is what buhari and APC government have turned us into.
Re: Do Not Resist Arrest Even If Illegal - Nigeria Police Warn Nigerians by donhils: 1:03am On May 14, 2019
Upton:

You don't resist arrest anywhere in the world na. Illegal arrest happens everywhere in the world but you have to remain calm
In those other countries, citizens may be wrongly arrested and when the truth outs, the person would be released with apology and without paying a dime. Here once you're arrested, whether legally or illegally, just be ready to cough out thousands of naira for bail
Re: Do Not Resist Arrest Even If Illegal - Nigeria Police Warn Nigerians by robinicule(m): 1:26am On May 14, 2019
You people are mad
Re: Do Not Resist Arrest Even If Illegal - Nigeria Police Warn Nigerians by TruthinAction: 6:28am On May 14, 2019
Nigeria Police are witches in disguise. If you see a police man in the dream, it is a witch that is portrayed. May God deliver us from their wicked hands.
Re: Do Not Resist Arrest Even If Illegal - Nigeria Police Warn Nigerians by Tonysmith4sure(m): 7:18am On May 14, 2019
Upton:

You don't resist arrest anywhere in the world na. Illegal arrest happens everywhere in the world but you have to remain calm

Bros, if to say i no be God fearing person, i go swear for u for dis thing wey u talk. Rubbish.
Re: Do Not Resist Arrest Even If Illegal - Nigeria Police Warn Nigerians by Psoul(m): 9:37am On May 14, 2019
lonelydora:
What type of talk is this?

Dear Nigerians, until we start fighting back these robbers in uniform, this nonsense won't stop.

What annoys me in Port Harcourt is when people see where someone is being maltreated by policemen, everyone moves on as if nothing is happening. Las las, they stand very far and be watching.

We the youths of Nigeria do not have sense. I pity for our unborn generations

That is why you should not allow the situation get to that point. Don't argue with them. Don't try to fight them.
Follow them to their station if that is what they want.

If u don't, they will kill you and ppl wil just rant and highest, they will sack the idiot and u will remain a dead man. Even if they jail the idiot, one day he will be free. Even in the saner environments, u don't resist arrest. If u think u hate them so much, go form a ganster group and start killing them anywhere u see them and be ready to always fight them. Daz the only way to go with it.

1 Like

Re: Do Not Resist Arrest Even If Illegal - Nigeria Police Warn Nigerians by Nobody: 9:49am On May 14, 2019
Upton:

E be like sey you never sign police statement wey you no write before.

I pray to God that you’re not wrongly arrested and forced to confess to a crime you did not commit.
Re: Do Not Resist Arrest Even If Illegal - Nigeria Police Warn Nigerians by truthstands20: 9:50am On May 14, 2019
Why should the police involve in illegal arrest? How will the person being arrested confirm the arrest is illegal. We have bunch of incompetent leaders in this country? The police should come out clear how to ensure arrest is legal and not vomiting this trash to the Nigerian people. What a disgrace!

1 Like

Re: Do Not Resist Arrest Even If Illegal - Nigeria Police Warn Nigerians by TruthHurts100: 10:47am On May 14, 2019
unclesoyo:
The Nigeria Police Force (NPF), in a sensitization post on social media, has cautioned Nigerians to never resist arrest by police officers even if they perceive the arrest is illegal.

Noting that arrest situations can easily turn violent if not well handled, the Force warned Nigerians that resisting arrest, which is an offence on its own, can portray the subject as a hostile citizen and the situation may escalate into an unfavourable one.

Read the Full Statement below:

https://lailasnews.com/do-not-resist-arrest-even-if-illegal-nigeria-police-warn-nigerians/

LOL.

Phone search nko?

Before you politely ask any of these questions, they don shoot you.
Re: Do Not Resist Arrest Even If Illegal - Nigeria Police Warn Nigerians by stingermania(m): 10:51am On May 14, 2019
Trump was right for calling Naija shithole.

Yesterday marked 3 months those men stopped me on my way back from Airtel's office.
Started asking me what do I do for a living.
If I say I'm a UX designer. It would have been something else as I don't have time to decipher that. Just a single Google search can do that.
Told them I'm a graphic designer. Showed my ID, some designs I have on my phone.
I Asked him if he wants to see my portfolio on dribbble. All he cared about was searching through my SMS, checking my pictures( I don't even have a picture of me on my phone )
Can you imagine he collected my phone, scroll through my messenger to the time I started using Facebook Checking for transactions they he did not put there.

Their boss said, " make the guy dey go". That's how I got delayed, put in their van, wasted my time and Later freed.

Just wait till Nigerians wake up. It will pass the Rwandan genocide.

Just painful I have good relatives in the force.
Re: Do Not Resist Arrest Even If Illegal - Nigeria Police Warn Nigerians by Nobody: 10:56am On May 14, 2019
This is wrong, in other words, they are telling us they can't discipline their officers, and citizens should bear the oppression... nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: Do Not Resist Arrest Even If Illegal - Nigeria Police Warn Nigerians by stingermania(m): 11:19am On May 14, 2019
distributeinc:
This is wrong, in other words, they are telling us they can't discipline their officers, and citizens should bear the oppression... nonsense.

Exactly
Re: Do Not Resist Arrest Even If Illegal - Nigeria Police Warn Nigerians by Nobody: 11:50am On May 14, 2019
adaoshi:
Simple rules to follow that may safe your life.
You are arguing
We all know the truth but choose to look the other side.
Those who have resisted or have an encounter with them are either dead or main for life and are regretting

BE WISE
It is wrong to arrest someone for no reason, the person might have an appointment, or be going somewhere important, not right to waste someone's time for no reason.
Re: Do Not Resist Arrest Even If Illegal - Nigeria Police Warn Nigerians by lonelydora: 5:46pm On May 14, 2019
Psoul:

That is why you should not allow the situation get to that point. Don't argue with them. Don't try to fight them.
Follow them to their station if that is what they want.

If u don't, they will kill you and ppl wil just rant and highest, they will sack the idiot and u will remain a dead man. Even if they jail the idiot, one day he will be free. Even in the saner environments, u don't resist arrest. If u think u hate them so much, go form a ganster group and start killing them anywhere u see them and be ready to always fight for them. Daz the only way to go with it.

One yeye policeman stopped along the expressway after Obigbo and he said i don't have "Police Clearance" after showing all the necessary papers. I asked him to take to their station. He didn't even talk to me, and he was busy doing his work. I stayed there for 40 minutes before he released me.

So when you ask them to take you to station, and they refuse, what do you do?
Re: Do Not Resist Arrest Even If Illegal - Nigeria Police Warn Nigerians by Psoul(m): 6:28pm On May 14, 2019
lonelydora:

One yeye policeman stopped along the expressway after Obigbo and he said i don't have "Police Clearance" after showing all the necessary papers. I asked him to take to their station. He didn't even talk to me, and he was busy doing his work. I stayed there for 40 minutes before he released me.

So when you ask them to take you to station, and they refuse, what do you do?

Bros, we are in a lawless country. It seems we have no right. Staying alive is our priority.

When they refused to take u to station, be diplomatic and beg them. If they still refuse, don't quarrel wt them. Leave ur car there and move a bit out from the check point.

The reason is that they may be attacked by armed robbers passing that route. To avoid bn a victim of such attack, u need to stay a bit away from them.

Our police are lawless. Don't form hard man for them abeg. They are mad ooo.

1 Like

Re: Do Not Resist Arrest Even If Illegal - Nigeria Police Warn Nigerians by SOFTENGR: 12:37am On May 15, 2019
abbey621:

8/10 times, a police officer in Nigeria is easily identifiable. Even with the scenario that you posted, you better be a damn good runner or very physical because if the officer shoots, you're likely to die than escape. Most of the time, these police officers are nothing but hungry, frustrated souls, you'll be surprised what 500 Naira can do especially when you've done nothing wrong. You have a point tho, they are poorly trained but personally for me since I'm not a runner, I'd rather part with small change than to argue. I treat police the same way I treat armed robbers!
Hmm, you've said it all.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Young Men Stripped Unclad In Bayelsa And Paraded Round Town For Stealing (Photos / Bandits Kill Man One Month To His Wedding In Kaduna (Photos) / Policeman Attacks Traffic Warder In Edo (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.