Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,520 members, 7,816,275 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:36 AM

Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? (77059 Views)

Which Country Can I Move To Legally With ₦10M? / After 7 Million Naira Savings, What Is NEXT, UK Or Canada? / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? by alfarouq(m): 6:01am On May 14, 2019
Interesting reads
Re: Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? by xandy84: 6:02am On May 14, 2019
@Op. What do you consider as a professional job? I have an associate degree in medium/heavy duty technology and I work as a mechanic with Coca-Cola. Is that a professional job? Just asking

1 Like

Re: Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? by phorget(m): 6:02am On May 14, 2019
Bros can you just give me those menial jobs you are running away from?

1 Like

Re: Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? by MorufuAtanda: 6:02am On May 14, 2019
iammo:
cool

Stay in Germany, till You can sort a better country... Australia, Canada even Uk if you can get a job.., little money you get from menial jobs you get could be channeled into trying other countries skilled migration programs.

That extreme urge you have about Coming to Nigeria, is the work of demons, should you come back without the support of your Family, chaiiiiii you would regret regreting it

Mohammodu why are you asking him not to come back to Nigeria, I thought you claimed Buhari has made Nigeria an eldorado?

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? by acevic: 6:03am On May 14, 2019
You are obviously 25. I doubt if you have ever suffered or been through hard times in Nigeria.

You are thinking of moving back to Nigeria without enough funds to even plant a business?

Think this through properly.

In all you do.. please don't go back to Nigeria unprepared, without a plan B.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? by justwise(m): 6:03am On May 14, 2019
abnot:

I must appreciate the poster's sincerity as opposed to how majority of Nigerians resident in first world nations present the west. I don't think the poster has the wrong mindset. He is at a stage in life where tough decisions need to be made and he is trying to be careful. It is only on nairaland that I consistently hear/read of Nigerians doing well in the west. Majority of Africans are struggling in the west. I also struggled during my college days in east coast USA despite getting a generous allowance from home. Nigerians are also struggling back home in Nigeria. In UK where I lived for 2 years + the story is the same. I don't know much about the poster's academic and social background but I'll suggest he reflects on his strengths and weaknesses in both spheres and make a decision based on that. The west can be attractive when young and at your prime but as you age your priorities and interests get to change and some begin to miss the African life.

People struggle everywhere but that doesn't mean that everyone will struggle, I will like to say this again..many Nigerians are doing professional jobs and many started with menial jobs and clamp up to professional job.

The problem with many Nigerians is lack of planning and this false sense of entitlement,

1. if you studied a course with low employment demand then getting a job will be harder,

2.if you graduated from mushroom colleges or universities then don't expect to be headhunted.

3. If you re holding a two yrs after-graduate visa with no option of renewer then you need to have something outstanding for employers to take a risk at you.

Many Nigerians who are so quick to shout no jobs, Nigerians abroad are struggling..don't always tell the truth.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? by phorget(m): 6:05am On May 14, 2019
xandy84:
@Op. What do you consider as a professional job? I have an associate degree in medium/heavy duty technology and I work as a mechanic with Coca-Cola. Is that a professional job? Just asking

You dey mind the OP? Him don't chop belleful that is him he's here ranting poo.
People should stop discouraging him from coming back to Nigeria o. Let him just come and enjoy what we are currently enjoying. Mumu boi.

4 Likes

Re: Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? by Ukpor1(m): 6:06am On May 14, 2019
My guy the only advice that I will give is for you to stay there and make some money.when you get a little change come back to Nigeria especially here in Lagos look a nice place and build a nice hotel.hotel is a very cool business especially here in Lagos once again. Within a year you will see what you av achieved thanks

2 Likes

Re: Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:09am On May 14, 2019
queengift:

Where are the jobs in Nigeria, a graduate earns 20k as private school teacher here, how will the person live a normal life, it's difficult here except for the rich and those with connections

You guys would just be saying a graduate earns 20k discouraging people. Please, there are graduates that earn 300k and above. Some start with 120k. Stop discouraging people. Apply for the right jobs and not destiny ripping jobs.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? by kingjrofficial(m): 6:09am On May 14, 2019
Have u seen what Fraudulent activities has caused us?? If only we Nigerians haven't scam all those Foreign Countries, this drama wouldn't have been existing... We have stain our Sef by our urge to aquire riches Through illegal means angry undecided

My Advice is for u to move to UK, many Nigerians made it there better than in Germany... BTW, do u love that lady ur parents wants u to be wit in the UK?? If no, Move 2 UK on ur own agenda not her own, from ur little savings u can have a place of ur own...
Re: Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? by Nukilia: 6:10am On May 14, 2019
iammo:

Ahh!! His family go abuse am, his Gf, his pastors even village people.. the moment his Account goes red

You speaking the truth man! You're the bomb...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? by odogwu9(m): 6:11am On May 14, 2019
To me I feel and think the worst thing or decision u will take is marrying a woman u don't love or have a connection with. It's better u stay in Germany do some menial jobs to keep ur self afloat while praying and hoping on God for something tangible and meaningful. With God anything is possible. You can still get a professional job with ur stem degree just keep praying sometimes our breakthroughs require patient waiting and steadfastness .I am not in support of u going to UK to start up life with a woman u don't love. Especially wen the family has started giving u ultimatums.Decisions made under duress hardly augur well. Stay put in Germany and do some menial jobs while praying and believing God. Also look for a way to get to Canada. They are a more liberal country ..
Re: Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? by Basalt(m): 6:14am On May 14, 2019
lilwetdick:

which abroad are you talking about

earning that amount you mentioned in your comment takes years of experience except you work in it

One question for you.
Have you ever lived in abroad?
If yes, then share your own experience.

If No, then

Shut up already

1 Like

Re: Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? by uthlaw: 6:14am On May 14, 2019
karika2018:
Before you decide to come to nigeria.......

save at list 2million naira in the bank.......it would help atleast a little

try looking for jobs in the middle east........

but here are the best countries in my opinion as someone who have travelled and also live abroad

united states.......this is the best country in the world

australia

canada

bahamas

trinidad and tobago

do not marry that lady....

good luck

how far have been earing about this Bahamas,do you have any link!

1 Like

Re: Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? by olas24u(f): 6:16am On May 14, 2019
justwise:

People struggle everywhere but that doesn't mean that everyone will struggle, I will like to say this again..many Nigerians are doing professional jobs and many started with menial jobs and clamp up to professional job.

The problem with many Nigerians is lack of planning and this false sense of entitlement,

1. if you studied a course with low employment demand then getting a job will be harder,

2.if you graduated from mushroom colleges or universities then don't expect to be headhunted.

3. If you re holding a two yrs after-graduate visa with no option of renewer then you need to have something outstanding for employers to take a risk at you.

Many Nigerians who are so quick to shout no jobs, Nigerians abroad are struggling..don't always to the truth.

It is not has easy has you have written here.
Re: Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? by Okuda(m): 6:16am On May 14, 2019
nairalanduseles:

Bro we learn everyday don't let this 3rd world mentality deceive u......try and travel

Lmao. only if you knew.
Re: Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? by justwise(m): 6:18am On May 14, 2019
olas24u:

It is not has easy has you have written here.

I don't quite get what you are trying to say.
Re: Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? by MorufuAtanda: 6:20am On May 14, 2019
casperuk:
My bro I am in the same situation as you. Although I reside in the Uk. I have managed to save quite a considerable amount of money back home so I believe I would survive well if I were to return back to Nigeria.

Don’t marry a woman for visa. You will regret it. If you have a child with her you will not really love it.

Save nothing less than 10million even if it is from menial job if you want to return.

I will definitely return sometime soon, I have had enough. There is nothing here. It has just been overhyped that life is very good here. I have not been really happy and I struggle to continue to stay here daily even with the fact I earn a lot of money.

In UK, bills will finish you, you can not really achieve any thing much, it is from pay check to pay check. You will never be rich, if you too struggle self highest na middle class you go be. The kind of job you are looking for if you are LUCKY you will get it. But bills and rent, plus if you buy a car will finish you as you maintain yourself and the woman, That is if you marry that lady.

Naija life sweet die no matter what people say. Nigerians travel abroad a lot because it gives us a sense of fulfilment and achievement that we have travelled. It is from Nigeria parents pay school fees of millions to schools overseas. You can afford £20,000 sch fees from Nigeria but you will not be able to see that kind of cash here. The economy here is a spending economy.

My bro hustle your money and return home.

Anyone that is abroad and is really enjoying themselves, making money no debts here they should raise their hand let me see. Make we stop to dey deceive ourselves.

Your fear is, “what people will say, that he once lived abroad.”
Let your family go their own abroad and make their own money so that they can lick the same sugar we are licking here. You want to die because of family. Let me be going jor, I cannot come and kill myself.

Guy you funny die! Na so the thing bad reach? grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? by olas24u(f): 6:21am On May 14, 2019
justwise:

I don't quite get what you are trying to say.
Only few people have succeeded professionally and ,in Germany all qualifications and schools are valid and accepted and measure equally.Being black is not easy out there.
Re: Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? by Nukilia: 6:23am On May 14, 2019
casperuk:
My bro I am in the same situation as you. Although I reside in the Uk. I have managed to save quite a considerable amount of money back home so I believe I would survive well if I were to return back to Nigeria.
Don’t marry a woman for visa. You will regret it. If you have a child with her you will not really love it.
Save nothing less than 10million even if it is from menial job if you want to return.
I will definitely return sometime soon, I have had enough. There is nothing here. It has just been overhyped that life is very good here. I have not been really happy and I struggle to continue to stay here daily even with the fact I earn a lot of money.
In UK, bills will finish you, you can not really achieve any thing much, it is from pay check to pay check. You will never be rich, if you too struggle self highest na middle class you go be. The kind of job you are looking for if you are LUCKY you will get it. But bills and rent, plus if you buy a car will finish you as you maintain yourself and the woman, That is if you marry that lady.
Naija life sweet die no matter what people say. Nigerians travel abroad a lot because it gives us a sense of fulfilment and achievement that we have travelled. It is from Nigeria parents pay school fees of millions to schools overseas. You can afford £20,000 sch fees from Nigeria but you will not be able to see that kind of cash here. The economy here is a spending economy.
My bro hustle your money and return home.
Anyone that is abroad and is really enjoying themselves, making money no debts here they should raise their hand let me see. Make we stop to dey deceive ourselves.
Your fear is, “what people will say, that he once lived abroad.”
Let your family go their own abroad and make their own money so that they can lick the same sugar we are licking here. You want to die because of family. Let me be going jor, I cannot come and kill myself.

May your days be long bro!

6 Likes

Re: Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? by nwimo22(m): 6:26am On May 14, 2019
You are looking for a country to harness your skills and Nigeria came to your thought? Please pray against such thought.

7 Likes

Re: Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? by bishopkay: 6:26am On May 14, 2019
JejeNaija:

Sure I do understand your point. Am not trying to insinuate that it's easy in the Nigerian terrain but from his enquiry you will know that running a business in your own country is the best option compared to coming back with the hope for a job.

I do run a busy as well and in as much as its not that easy, I am more comfortable than when I was working in the UK. And just so you know, I never did all those washing plate jobs people are always fund of saying, I was strictly into telesales and marketing in corporate offices and examples of the places I worked were Kitchens Direct, BT Broadband, and New Approach Marketing (google certified company).

If you notice I am still into sales and marketing here in Naija and it's better off

OK Bro I feel you. God's blessings rest upon you daily
Re: Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? by anonimi: 6:28am On May 14, 2019
abbey621:
Your orientation is too pessimistic for my liking, in fact your mindset is directly correlated to your predicament. People gave you options of U.K, Canada and you've shot down every suggestion because of your preconceived notions. Let me tell you it is not easy to find or keep professional jobs anywhere, yea you have a degree, SO WHAT? Millions of people have the same degree, millions more have the work experience, so tell me why should THEY PICK YOU OVER THEM? What separates you from the herd? The opportunities you are looking for can be found in germany, U.K or Canada, better leave that mindset that Africans are lowest on the totem pole when it comes to professional jobs, that's pure hogwash! Do you even network? Have you volunteered at organizations? Sometimes it's not the job that matters but getting one foot in the door. You can start at entry level and get promoted easily because of your degree and work ethics. My friend, WAKE UP!

Thanks.
More Nigerians need to hear the bold part especially.
Bravo. cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? by hesilo(m): 6:28am On May 14, 2019
nairalanduseles:

U re not exposed ppl like u will always be at the bottom of the food chain begging......
Just kee me grin grin cheesy
Re: Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:30am On May 14, 2019
ShyWhale:

I didn't say no job. I said lack of getting professional jobs.

Some people, Yes maybe, especially if you studied IT. A very large majority is trapped in menial jobs, not even full-time ones, the ones you get with unskilled employment agencies. Even with PhDs and all that. I wouldn't call that a great life. But to some people, it is. You have to understand perspectives.

I have a female Nigerian here who is employed with an agency and goes to clean people's home. She is quite happy and considers it a great opportunity considering that sometimes she joins the family on dinner outings and get gifts. It's great for her but not for me. I wouldn even accept something like that as I think It's no less than being a maid

Will you be able to survive in Germany, Yes. If you're someone with a big dream, I'll say difficult.
In Italy >Italians > EU nationals>US>Eastern Europe >Asians>Indians/Paki etc >Africans. That's the order of getting professional jobs.
Re: Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? by abuhusna1: 6:30am On May 14, 2019
You said it all Nigeria is not an option cis whatever new business you introduce would hardly flourish and when it does many people are ready to copy your business. Go to UK by applying for jobs thr or better still bury your ego and marry that woman
iammo:
cool

Stay in Germany, till You can sort a better country... Australia, Canada even Uk if you can get a job.., little money you get from menial jobs you get could be channeled into trying other countries skilled migration programs.

That extreme urge you have about Coming to Nigeria, is the work of demons, should you come back without the support of your Family, chaiiiiii you would regret regreting it

1 Like

Re: Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? by Hyrax: 6:31am On May 14, 2019
I am not very good with commenting. However I feel there is a need to clear the misconception that every Nigeria leaving in Europe survives on cleaning, care or security jobs that is simply not true

The key to a professional job in any western country is integration. Yes it could be more difficult when you are still finding your feet but when you do, your career objectives would be limited by your own thinking

Key word : INTEGRATION after IMMIGRATION

My advice to you is based on real experience.(both as a Nigerian and UK national)

I work as an Instrumentation and Controls Engineer in one of the biggest company in its sector in UK and my family based in Germany (wife is German)

For the record my cycle of friends are professionals as well.

Cheers

11 Likes

Re: Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? by Amumaigwe: 6:34am On May 14, 2019
Obaofusa:
They say the dog about to die won't here the master whistle

You'll meet your end soon when you return back to Nigeria either by the hands of sars or the evil economy

Or even kidnappers.

1 Like

Re: Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? by Okuda(m): 6:36am On May 14, 2019
nairalanduseles:

The average pay for a security guard per hour is[b] $40[/b] an hour and a very respectable job......ignorant man be trying to mock someone who will feed his generation

from this post its obvipus you are very ignorant. probably havent even travelled before. lol.

1 Like

Re: Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? by cooltola(m): 6:36am On May 14, 2019
Come to America: Europe is too rough

1 Like

Re: Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? by Guruindahouse(m): 6:37am On May 14, 2019
Leave the guy alone. Where are they paying security guard $40/hour? Nairalanders and their lies. Na gullible people he want to catch.
lilwetdick:

yes very respectable indeed, continue cooking up stories and dream pays.

1 Like

Re: Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? by justwise(m): 6:40am On May 14, 2019
olas24u:

Only few people have succeeded professionally and ,in Germany all qualifications and schools are valid and accepted and measure equally.Being black is not easy out there.

If believing that makes you happy then good luck but you know deep down that that is not true

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (26) (Reply)

NIGERIANS IN LONDON The Never Told Stories / See The Two States In Nigeria You Hardly Hear Of / Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.