Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,628 members, 7,816,592 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:36 PM

Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? (77085 Views)

Which Country Can I Move To Legally With ₦10M? / After 7 Million Naira Savings, What Is NEXT, UK Or Canada? / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? by Rollins777(m): 2:07am On May 14, 2019
Scam loading........

Idealscholar:
Federal Civil Service Commission (FCSC) recruitment 2019 (APPLY)

The Federal Civil Service Commission (FCSC) seeks brave and smart young Nigerians, willing to serve the country in the field of promoting and protecting Nigeria’s security interests at home and abroad, in very challenging circumstances.

Title: Federal Civil Service Recruitment (Officers & Other Ranks)

Recruitment Details

The Agency is interested in attracting young Nigerians (male and female) for recruitment as Officers and other Ranks, to join a life-long career of fascinating challenges and opportunities.

How to Apply

Application Details: https://jobreaders.org/federal-civil-service-commission-fcsc-recruitment-2019-apply/

Or Click Here to apply

Do well to apply before the deadline

1 Like

Re: Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:09am On May 14, 2019
nairalanduseles:

How can u roll with someone u will never meet....yea we all chat here but shoe get size ......am not even joking

Pls try and travel before u hit 30yrs ok u re really naive and ignorant.....there is nothing in Nigeria and the mentality is so whack u will never understand till u travel

you dont even know how to use NL... shoe really get size..so you think traveling abroad to do menial job is exposure, i am in nigeria and even more exposed and open to new experience than you.

my friend go and wash plate and stop disturbing me

6 Likes

Re: Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? by darkelf: 2:15am On May 14, 2019
ShyWhale:

This life ehn. We've got Nigerian students from Canada come to Germany because of lack of skilled opportunities. They say there is discrimination on lack of Canadian degrees and Canadian experience. Also, honest reviews from Quora don't help. It seems many skilled migrants in Canada are also trapped in these same unskilled jobs.

I would have gone to Canada long ago if not for that. I felt the money to be wasted on the processing of the Canadian PR to go get unskilled jobs could be better channelled to my business projects in Nigeria.

This guy will regret stepping foot in this country called Nigeria

E be like say you no dey hear word ba?

Wait ooo...do you think jobs/clients would jump at you because you schooled in Germany?

Don't you listen to or read the news?

Do you know how high the unemployment rate is currently?

Do you not know that power generation has dropped in the last 4 yrs?

I stay in Abuja (Airport road) and I have not seen light in 2 days now. I don't stay in a rural area ooo. Its very urban.

Do you know that once some people get wind of your arrival in Naija, you could be kidnapped even in the hotel? Nowhere is safe and no one can be completely trusted.

Why not try other countries. Even if you get the opportunity to teach in a high school, start from there.

You want to leave paradise and come and dine with Lucifer in hell. What the hell is wrong with you?

That's how one of my pharmacist friend left his job in the UK (a pharmacy job) for Nigeria. Now he is stuck and wants to go back.

Your family members don't want you to come and be a burden to them. Forget about what they may be benefiting from you. As a neutral person, I'm telling you to stay. I still feel there are better living and working conditions there than here.

Please do not aim to be an unfortunate fellow. Many Yankee returnees are dragging jobs with the locals here in Naija. Don't be fooled thinking your foreign certificate gives you an edge over a Nigerian certificate unless you have an Harvard MBA.

I don talk too much sef. If I see you in this country ehn, na pestle I go use reset your thinking.

Good luck bro. All the best

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? by darkelf: 2:18am On May 14, 2019
Kasali226:
Please Come back home. . A lot of works are here in Nigeria waiting for you ..no place like home so come back

You be one of him village people abi?

2 Likes

Re: Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? by nairalanduseles: 2:21am On May 14, 2019
lilwetdick:

you dont even know how to use NL... shoe really get size..so you think traveling abroad to do menial job is exposure, i am in nigeria and even more exposed and open to new experience than you.

my friend go and wash plate and stop disturbing me

U re obviously jobless that is why u re awake now....still getting pocket money from ur parents....Nd yea u have to travel to be exposed....
Just for ur information i don't judge ppl by what they do i reapect every occupation.....just for ur information i am an accountant with the RTA but that dont make me better than a kitchen hand.....u really are pathetic

4 Likes

Re: Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? by Babyvet: 2:21am On May 14, 2019
darkelf:

This guy will regret stepping foot in this country called Nigeria

E be like say you no dey hear word ba?

Wait ooo...do you think jobs/clients would jump at you because you schooled in Germany?

Don't you listen to or read the news?

Do you know how high the unemployment rate is currently?

Do you not know that power generation has dropped in the last 4 yrs?

I stay in Abuja (Airport road) and I have not seen light in 2 days now. I don't stay in a rural area ooo. Its very urban.

Do you know that once some people get wind of your arrival in Naija, you could be kidnapped even in the hotel? Nowhere is safe and no one can be completely trusted.

Why not try other countries. Even if you get the opportunity to teach in a high school, start from there.

You want to leave paradise and come and dine with Lucifer in hell. What the hell is wrong with you?

That's how one of my pharmacist friend left his job in the UK (a pharmacy job) for Nigeria. Now he is stuck and wants to go back.

Your family members don't want you to come and be a burden to them. Forget about what they may be benefiting from you. As a neutral person, I'm telling you to stay. I still feel there are better living and working conditions there than here.

Please do not aim to be an unfortunate fellow. Many Yankee returnees are dragging jobs with the locals here in Naija. Don't be fooled thinking your foreign certificate gives you an edge over a Nigerian certificate unless you have an Harvard MBA.

I don talk too much sef. If I see you in this country ehn, na pestle I go use reset your thinking.

Good luck bro. All the best

You think abroad is paradise ? You are very delusional

6 Likes

Re: Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? by Yameater(m): 2:21am On May 14, 2019
justwise:

See to the end of your visa and keep trying, don't over look those menial jobs as you could get something better through them.

Don't marry someone if you have no feeling let alone love for her especially here in the UK
Re: Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? by darkelf: 2:21am On May 14, 2019
TotoNaRubber:
99.99 % of the people here have never been to Germany nor the UK, they don't even have ordinary passport picture let alone International passport. Your question is like asking Amadioha if he thinks a Mercedes is better than a Range rover.

Don't mind the ones saying they are here and there, they will lead you to fire (most of them are doing the same cleaning jobs and mortuary attendant jobs).

You are the person who is wearing the shoes, pursue your plans because life is short. Do your SWOT analysis then make a decision.

You may be right. Some of us may not have entered a plane before. But you know what? We know how hard and hellish Nigeria is. Some of UA have lived here all our life's and thus are experts on anything Nigerian. Nigeria is hellish, brutish and life here is too ephemeral. People are committing suicide . the other day, one young jambite drank sniper live on social media.

We don't want him to come here and say had I Known...

5 Likes

Re: Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? by Efiko(m): 2:22am On May 14, 2019
Ur Msc is STEM, do you have some practical professional experience in Nigeria after your Bachelor before proceeding for Msc

If yes, then you got some chances of professional employment in the UK otherwise it might be difficult. Employers there value professional working experience.

A friend told me of his sister who studied Mechatronics and did masters in Texas A&M but couldn't get job for years in UK after joining her husband cos of lack of experience.

Her husband advised her to consider restaurant (her mom business back in naija) and today she operate several African restuatrants in UK

8 Likes

Re: Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? by darkelf: 2:24am On May 14, 2019
Babyvet:

You think abroad is paradise ? You are very delusional

Oga, I no follow you talk abi...abeg swerve.

It can never be worse than Naija. That's a cold fact and you know it.

At least there's regular electricity, clean water and good roads. His chances of dying like a chicken are slimmer in Germany than Naija.

6 Likes

Re: Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? by planetx: 2:24am On May 14, 2019
ShyWhale:

This life ehn. We've got Nigerian students from Canada come to Germany because of lack of skilled opportunities. They say there is discrimination on lack of Canadian degrees and Canadian experience. Also, honest reviews from Quora don't help. It seems many skilled migrants in Canada are also trapped in these same unskilled jobs.

I would have gone to Canada long ago if not for that. I felt the money to be wasted on the processing of the Canadian PR to go get unskilled jobs could be better channelled to my business projects in Nigeria.
Canada's PR Express entry is nothing but a smart move by the Canadian government to attract skilled immigrants from around the world to do jobs white Canadians will not do. They figured out that a highly skilled and educated immigrant doing menial jobs is good for the country social cohesion and they are less likely to turn to crime or become a burden on the society because of their exposure unlike the US immigration system that takes all and sundry. Basically it's nothing but a scam even though some immigrants might break through the glass ceiling but majority wouldn't.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? by Yameater(m): 2:26am On May 14, 2019
Duplik8t77:
Return to where?

To the giant of Africa a.k.a Nigeria
Re: Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? by darkelf: 2:27am On May 14, 2019
abbey621:
Your orientation is too pessimistic for my liking, in fact your mindset is directly correlated to your predicament. People gave you options of U.K, Canada and you've shot down every suggestion because of your preconceived notions. Let me tell you it is not easy to find or keep professional jobs anywhere, yea you have a degree, SO WHAT? Millions of people have the same degree, millions more have the work experience, so tell me why should THEY PICK YOU OVER THEM? What separates you from the herd? The opportunities you are looking for can be found in germany, U.K or Canada, better leave that mindset that Africans are lowest on the totem pole when it comes to professional jobs, that's pure hogwash! Do you even network? Have you volunteered at organizations? Sometimes it's not the job that matters but getting one foot in the door. You can start at entry level and get promoted easily because of your degree and work ethics. My friend, WAKE UP!

Gbam. He has given himself excuses to fail before even trying. The same Canada my pharmacist colleague emigrated to and is doing well.

6 Likes

Re: Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? by Broadmind: 2:29am On May 14, 2019
God but why now. When many people they pray to leave Nigeria this guy's prayer point is to come back. Well, come feed your eyes now. As you no dey read news. Even stories for nairaland don do to know say the country sick. Abeg go thank your God.

4 Likes

Re: Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? by darkelf: 2:29am On May 14, 2019
babtunns:
Bro come home.... U will get better offer here with your certificate, pray and seek God face when u wan to take crucial decision like this

Not true at all.

Many UK graduates in Nigeria are unemployed. I know a handful. Brilliant chaps I must add. The unemployment situation here is alarming

9 Likes

Re: Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? by darkelf: 2:31am On May 14, 2019
litaninja:
Go to UK, go to Canada, go to Estonia....or wherever.....but I beg you, DONT GO BACK TO NIGERIA.
The ship is sinking, the captain does not care....there are no lifeboats.

Gbam. Let him even try Finland maybe get their education qualifications and start teaching. I read that they are doing wonders in education. The guy just wan come back come form Yankee returnee. Hmmm....
Re: Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:35am On May 14, 2019
nairalanduseles:

U re obviously jobless that is why u re awake now....still getting pocket money from ur parents....Nd yea u have to travel to be exposed....
Just for ur information i don't judge ppl by what they do i reapect every occupation.....just for ur information i am an accountant with the RTA but that dont make me better than a kitchen hand.....u really are pathetic

if you are an accountant on nl...wetin concern me..

lol... you are so pained that I can sleep and wake up and still eat while you sweat and work like a slave for your low wages to pay rent for your shared apartment.

funny enough, people that earn low wages always say they don't judge and they respect every occupation.. they are always having solidarity in suffering and for people like them that receive low wages....

for your info just because you travel does mean you are exposed or you will be exposed..it means you just travel

go and wash plate and collect your little tips to pay rent and find food or you will go homeless and hungry..good night

2 Likes

Re: Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? by darkelf: 2:35am On May 14, 2019
olisaEze:

Can’t help it, dude is making our job easy grin #villagepeoplesreply grin grin

grin cheesy

You're a confirm bad guy

2 Likes

Re: Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? by nairalanduseles: 2:38am On May 14, 2019
lilwetdick:

lol... you are so pained.....and then if you are an accountant...wetin concern me..

people that earn low wages always say they dont judge and they respect every occupation.. they are always having solidarity in suffering and for people like them that receive low wages....

for your info just because you travel does mean you are exposed or you will be exposed..it means you just travel

go and wash plate and collect your little tips

Omg u re a kid damn sorry for trying to converse with u have fun with ur ignorance

3 Likes

Re: Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? by Admitwithschola: 2:40am On May 14, 2019
oluayebenz:

Lol
Thou I hate arguments
You earn 120k annually, how does your savings looks?
And you think 120k is a lot of money abroad ?

Italy lol
I'm actually taking about Canada

When I earned 130K (NET), roughly 190K( GROSS), I could save HALF of my pay. You can't force me to conform to the thesis you're trying to propagate. Good job is hard everywhere. if you get very nice job in Naija or Abroad, you can save well, even after all expenses.

It's not all gloom and doom...Naija boys are earning 600K, after tax, 400K. This is true for some who hit the big jobs.

I agree that majority of Nigerians will not be in that category, but the same argument is true for Nigerians in Nigeria. Most will not earn 1M per month working salary work.

So, yes, even a GROSS salary of 120K is a very nice salary in the US. It puts you in the TOP 15-20% of earners in the country, in the US, "one" of the richest countries in the world.

I'm sure you lived abroad, so you can easily verify these numbers..

9 Likes

Re: Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:42am On May 14, 2019
nairalanduseles:

Omg u re a kid damn sorry for trying to converse with u have fun with ur ignorance

i prefer my ignorance mr adult
Re: Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? by Admitwithschola: 2:42am On May 14, 2019
lilwetdick:

so are you going to define the success of a group just because one man is successful..that is what the tv people show you..Nigerians are top brains in the US/UK but how many are they?

the reality is that they are not plenty just few. how many Nigerians are top brains in the us/uk compare to the millions of white and black americans working in the US? what the media just showed you is an outliner among a certain group, even our top Nigerian brains cant compete with millions of UK/American native-born doing similar stuff because they control the system.

the only place where you will see an abundance of top brains is not abroad but in your home country(Nigeria)

Your argument sounds correct and makes sense. However, I am not using one broom to sweep all. The point is, many Nigerians are doing well abroad just as many are NOT doing well. The same is true for Nigerians in Nigeria.

Or perhaps my views are very biased because these are mostly the Nigerians I know of here..

3 Likes

Re: Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? by biacan(f): 2:45am On May 14, 2019
Admitwithschola:

When I earned 130K (NET), roughly 190K( GROSS), I could save HALF of my pay. You can't force me to conform to the thesis you're trying to propagate. Good job is hard everywhere. if you get very nice job in Naija or Abroad, you can save well, even after all expenses.

It's not all gloom and doom...Naija boys are earning 600K, after tax, 400K. This is true for some who hit the big jobs.

I agree that majority of Nigerians will not be in that category, but the same argument is true for Nigerians in Nigeria. Most will not earn 1M per month working salary work.

So, yes, even a GROSS salary of 120K is a very nice salary in the US. It puts you in the TOP 15-20% of earners in the country, in the US, "one" of the richest countries in the world.

See moni shocked shocked
Re: Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:46am On May 14, 2019
Admitwithschola:

which abroad are you talking about

earning that amount you mentioned in your comment takes years of experience except you work in it

1 Like

Re: Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? by enemyofprogress: 2:51am On May 14, 2019
ShyWhale:
I am a Nigerian in Germany with a German Masters degree. It's quite difficult to get professional jobs in Germany as an African as we are usually the last of the pack. The only luck I ever had was to get internships, internships that takes several months to get and usually only for short periods. The high percentage of Africans even with German Phds doing menial jobs is highly discouraging and depressing. Most are trapped in the race for survival and I can't imagine myself living life like them. I feel I could do better with my skills and education that spreads across Europe's top countries.

I made the decision to return to Nigeria, harness my skills and start up a processing company. At 25 and the sole breadwinner of an extended family, they are asking me to stay put, saying that the Nigerian environment is not good for business (I feel they are only scared of losing out on the goodies they get from me).

Also last year, the family introduced me to a female in the UK, talking about marriage to her. The said lady is a Nigerian within my age range, but born and raised in the UK. Though I have been to the UK severally to see her, I have made no commitments whatsoever as she is not the kind of lady I would marry all things being equal. She and the family have however given me a ultimatum to decide now.

What do you advice?

my only advice to you is that you should forget about the UK girl, I have fine fine sisters for you to marry here in Nigeria, with different sizes and shapes,their ringtones na follow come and they know how to speak in tongues pass calabria girls

6 Likes

Re: Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? by enemyofprogress: 2:55am On May 14, 2019
litaninja:
Go to UK, go to Canada, go to Estonia....or wherever.....but I beg you, DONT GO BACK TO NIGERIA.
The ship is sinking, the captain does not care....there are no lifeboats.
na true o. Even buhari and his family too go soon run away from Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? by kpolli(m): 3:01am On May 14, 2019
ShyWhale:
I am a Nigerian in Germany with a German Masters degree. It's quite difficult to get professional jobs in Germany as an African as we are usually the last of the pack. The only luck I ever had was to get internships, internships that takes several months to get and usually only for short periods. The high percentage of Africans even with German Phds doing menial jobs is highly discouraging and depressing. Most are trapped in the race for survival and I can't imagine myself living life like them. I feel I could do better with my skills and education that spreads across Europe's top countries.

I made the decision to return to Nigeria, harness my skills and start up a processing company. At 25 and the sole breadwinner of an extended family, they are asking me to stay put, saying that the Nigerian environment is not good for business (I feel they are only scared of losing out on the goodies they get from me).

Also last year, the family introduced me to a female in the UK, talking about marriage to her. The said lady is a Nigerian within my age range, but born and raised in the UK. [b]Though I have been to the UK severally to see her, [/b]I have made no commitments whatsoever as she is not the kind of lady I would marry all things being equal. She and the family have however given me a ultimatum to decide now.

What do you advice?

So you used your money to travel to see someone more than once but you don't really like her?

At the end of the day, the decision is yours.... Going to Nigeria to start a startup, your capital needs to be on point and you must be investor backed. It depends on the current leg you've in Nigeria that will make your ideas work.

Staying in Germany, I can't say; I'm totally against doing menial jobs with a degree when that's not you want for your life. In UK I know people who got good jobs (not only in IT) but I dunno what you studied so I can't say the same fate awaits you. Do some research in your field and don't lose hope by having the mentality that you're at the bottom of the barrel. Make your resume stand out, add skills that their citizens don't have. Make yourself unique. So when they see your resume; they will forget where you're from.

Don't marry someone who you don't want to plus don't give in to ultimatums. Plus does she want to marry you or she just wants a husband; difference dey

5 Likes

Re: Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? by haniejay(m): 3:06am On May 14, 2019
This should answer your questions.
Ritual killings
Sars
Efcc
Roads causing alot accidents
Bad food
Bad environment
No future for the coming generations
Yahoo Yahoo trends
Corruption
Insecurity
Village people and many more

2 Likes

Re: Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? by bezimo(m): 3:10am On May 14, 2019
iammo:
cool

Stay in Germany, till You can sort a better country... Australia, Canada even Uk if you can get a job.., little money you get from menial jobs you get could be channeled into trying other countries skilled migration programs.

That extreme urge you have about Coming to Nigeria, is the work of demons, should you come back without the support of your Family, chaiiiiii you would regret regreting it

grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply)

See The Two States In Nigeria You Hardly Hear Of / Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! / 5 Friends Die In A Car Accident While Retuning From Nightclub In Port Harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.